Indiana History Center Reviews

12 | Indianapolis, IN

12 Reviews for Indiana History Center

Kay · Married on 05/17/2014

What a beautiful place to have a wedding! The venue speaks for itself with its lovely architecture , the canal, and the breathtaking clock themed ceiling. All of our guests commented to us that it was a perfectly gorgeous site!

Sent on 02/22/2015

Nicholas · Married on 03/01/2012

Amazing venue! Everything was very elegant and beautiful!

Sent on 03/23/2012

Andrea · Married on 10/06/2007

My husband and I could not have picked a better location to have our ceremony and reception. This place is so beautiful. The staff was very friendly and helpful. We recieved many compliments from guests about how elegant this place is.

Sent on 07/25/2008
  • Caitlin

Caitlin Brown · Married on 09/01/2019

Great experience!

Loved working with Katie and the team at IHS. Our wedding day went perfectly!

Sent on 09/10/2019

I loved having my ceremony and reception at the Indiana History Center! We had the ceremony and reception in the Eli Lilly Hall and had cocktail hour in the Stardust Cafe (it would have been outside on the Stardust Terrace had the weather been nicer). I visited there a while before and when I saw Eli Lilly Hall, I knew that I wanted to have my wedding there. It is such a beautiful building and you don't need decorations since the building speaks for itself. I was a little nervous about the ceremony space being flipped into the reception space during the cocktail hour, but they know what they're doing and everything exceeded my expectations. My guests also loved the non-traditional venue, stating how beautiful and elegant it is. It also worked out well for doing photos, because you have the canal nearby.

Sent on 05/28/2013
  • Natalie

Natalie · Married on 06/24/2017

3.5

The Indiana Historical Society is the perfect place for a wedding! I even brought my fiance here to see the venue before we got engaged, because I loved it so much. If you want all of your wedding to be in one spot- this is the place. You can hold your ceremony, cocktail hour, and reception all here and it's absolutely gorgeous. The best part for your guests is that the parking is on site and free. There are two hotels within walking distance down the canal as well for out of town guests.

Sent on 01/22/2016

Stacy · Married on 12/31/2015

3.5

I fell in love with this venue right away for our New Years Eve wedding. It's gorgeous and a great size with lots of different spaces to utilize. Plus it's especially beautiful during the holiday season when all the Christmas trees and lights are on display. It made our wedding feel cozy and festive which was exactly what I was hoping for. The staircases helped me make a great entrance and everyone at the venue worked well with my vendors. They weren't always as responsive to my queries and I would have hoped, but always got back to me eventually and my wedding planner worked great to pull it all together day of. It's a gorgeous venue for a wedding and I highly recommend it!

Sent on 08/16/2016

Becca · Married on 12/22/2006

I chose the Stardust Terrace for my wedding, and it was beautiful. The lady I worked with in the events department was very nice, as was the lady from the Stardust Terrace Cafe that did our catering, and up until my wedding day, everything was perfect. The only complaint I have is that there was a new "person-in-charge" the day of my wedding that I hadn't et before, and she was very unpleasant. I had given specific instructions on how things were supposed to be set up, and she was deliberately doing things her way and being very rude when members of my family asked her about things. However, she was the only negative... the rest of my wedding went wonderfully, and everyone thought the Stardust Terrace was beautiful. I had a star-themed wedding, so I thought it was perfect! We just had appetizers catered from the Cafe, but they were very good and the lady was very accomodating to my price range. Overall, a wonderful experience!

Sent on 02/20/2008

Holly · Married on 08/14/2010

This is an absolutely beautiful location. They are very open to anything creative you would like to do. Their communication skills lacked a bit. Down side for the location, you can only use it from 5:00 to 11:00 and that includes set up time.

Sent on 09/07/2010

Tiffany · Married on 11/08/2008

3.0

Katie was the special events coordinator that I worked with. She had a good relationship with many of my vendors & was able to help me figure out my floor plans. She was easy to work with, but sometimes difficult to get a hold of. The venue is a little expensive for the small amount of service they provide, but my guests raved about how cool they thought it was. It stands on its own without a need for decorations.

Sent on 11/13/2008

Emily · Married on 06/10/2011

4.2

We really enjoyed working with the Indiana Historical Society to plan our ceremony and reception. Katie, Karin, and Natalie worked together as a team to provide great service and ideas during the planning process. The ceremony ran with precision with Karin's help, and my husband and I were able to leave our ceremony and not worry about a thing. Plus, it's such a beautiful, unique venue. All of our guests loved it.

Sent on 06/23/2011

4.2
      3.0

Venue was amazing!! We loved having our event at the historical society, we worked with Hoaglin and they flipped our ceremony into the reception venue in no time at all.

Sent on 02/17/2016