Indian Pond Country Club Reviews

109 | Kingston, MA

109 Reviews for Indian Pond Country Club

3.5
      3.0

The space is beautiful, a dream come true, and they are very professional

Sent on 07/04/2016
  • F

Jenee · Married on 10/04/2015

4.2

Indian Pond Country Club was a wonderful venue for our wedding! The property has well-manicured grounds, and a gorgeous view. The event coordinators were very responsive and helpful in answering all of our questions. The day-of coordinator put everything together beautifully and didn’t give much of a hassle about anything (we had A LOT of stuff). We did run into a couple of minor issues during the process. Our initial event coordinator left about halfway through the planning process. It’s always frustrating to have to deal with someone new when you’ve worked so closely with a particular individual, especially when it comes to planning the details of a wedding. However, the new ladies that took over were just as amazing as the first. Indian Pond also switched to a new linens vendor between the time we contracted them and the time of our wedding. About 2 weeks before our wedding, we found out that the new vendor did not offer our requested linens color. We put the ball back in their court to find the color that we contracted and they came through! We also didn’t like that the food tasting came months after we signed the contract. For such a nice venue, you’d think the food was a little better, but it was regular wedding food. The food was edible and nicely displayed, but the taste was average at best. I’m still wondering if we would have changed our minds about booking IPCC had we tasted the food first, but that’s water under a bridge. Aside from these instances, everything was perfect for our wedding. We were extremely happy with our choice at Indian Pond and we’d like to send a HUGE THANKS to the staff that made it happen!

Sent on 10/29/2015

Tashia · Married on 08/31/2013

3.0

We were married in the beautiful foyer under the large crystal chandeliers and our reception was in the Blackstones Room. Everything went great. The only thing is they are not very receptive to you doing things out of the ordinary. They like to keep doing their weddings they way they always have ran them. The day of coordinator was VERY helpful to the bridal party keeping them along on schedule but evidentally was very rude to my guests as I keep here she was like a "Nazi". Which is unfortunate as that was the last thing I wanted my guests to remember about such an expensive venue. I wish they would let you taste more food options as well instead of just the popular dishes. We spent a lot on food that we didnt even get to taste before, thankfully everyone said the food was delish. Overall though, very good venue and I recommend.

Sent on 11/06/2013

Melissa · Married on 10/18/2008

3.0

Indian Pond is a gorgeous country club with an incredible grand ballroom and grand foyer for the cocktail reception. Many places I visited had either one or the other and not both, so I was very pleased to book this location. The outdoor landscape of green hills and pines was incredible and the perfect backdrop for our photos.

The great thing about the ballroom is its neutral palette, so by changing up the linen colors (additional expense but well worth it!) and adding decor makes the entire scene perfectly match your wedding theme. And having the huge fireplace in the ballroom lit that evening of our fall wedding was so romantic; everyone couldn't stop talking about it. Not to mention, the Chavari chairs are standard furniture there- everywhere else charges an arm and leg to upgrade to them.

Plus their bridal suite was large and easily accomodated my 20-person entourage; having that private time with those closest to you is a must before your grand entrance into the wedding receptoin. And the suite had it's own huge bathroom, something that is very important when you are in a wedding dress and need 2 people helping you!

The staff there is very friendly, professional, and gets the job done well. On the day of, you don't even have to think of a single thing, it is all taken care of for you. The food was good, but not "to die for" but you never really expect that of a facility that cooks a huge quantity of food to be served all at once. Although I will say it was definitely better than most food I've had at other weddings.

The only impediment is that if you choose 2 different entrees you pay for the higher priced entree for all selections. So if the fish is $48 and the beef is $62...even if only 10% of your guests choose beef you are paying the beef price for ALL of your guests. Most other facilities I visited charged the actual price per entree so this was the only "kicker" but I was willing to deal with it since everything else they offered was perfect for me. I got around it by choosing chicken and fish that were the exact same price.

All in all, I highly recommend Indian Pond if you are looking for that elegant and sophisticated quintessential wedding experience.

Sent on 02/14/2009

Aisha · Married on 07/04/2009

3.8
      3.0

Indian Pond is a gorgeous venue for a wedding ceremony and/or reception. We had a few communication issues but for most of the day of, the wedding went smoothly and we had a great time.

Sent on 07/23/2009

Regina · Married on 05/13/2017

2.4
      2.0

My daughter got married here May 2017 and although Indian Pond is a beautiful place there are some things to keep in mind if you have chosen this venue. First, if you decide to host an open bar keep in mind that this is a function bar which means they will not display the bottles for your guests to choose from. So if you've paid for deluxe brands (top shelf) the bartender will be pouring house brands unless a guest specifically asks for a particular label. I recommend if you host an open bar you should print out and display your guests choices at the bar so they know what the selection of liquor is. Also, for the money you will spend here make sure you go over every detail and put in writing your requests for when you meet the banquet manager. Bonnie and Meghan are a pleasure work with but there's a reason you will not meet the banquet manager until week of. I stress that you make yourself heard if you have certain requests. Also beware that you will be packing up all your belongings and decorations etc. the minute the reception is over and carrying everything out with you. After you've paid for everything and your big day is over management doesn't care about anything that has already gone wrong or not to your liking so again put as much of the details in writing so you can hopefully have an incident free day. The waitstaff was fine and food is satisfactory.

Sent on 06/05/2017
  • Christine M.

Christine · Married on 04/16/2016

2.4
      2.0

This venue is beautiful. Overall, things went well; however, a few VERY upsetting things occurred. We attempted to discuss this with venue staff after the wedding, but we were ignored repeatedly.

Firstly, Pam, the coordinator, chose not to follow directions and lined up our processional in the wrong order! Secondly, we had a candy buffet to be opened the same time cake was served. It was opened by the Groom an hour late because venue staff “forgot”. We couldn’t get a photo of the setup before an enormous line formed. Thirdly, a staff member asked us to help assemble the placecards. Pam yelled at us that they were not pre-assembled. However, our sales rep, Bonnie, told us staff would assemble them.

Next, tables were cleared a half hour before the reception ended. We informed Pam the centerpieces were to be taken by guests. They were moved and disassembled, so nobody knew where they went and were unable to take them home. It felt like we were being rushed out before the event was over. Many guests entered through the Blackstones Room prior to the ceremony. We were told a sign or someone at the bottom of the stairs would direct people to the Grand Foyer while we were doing photos in the Blackstones. Many guests saw the Bride before the ceremony! Our floral arrangements were altered without permission. There were ribbons within them that became disassembled. Rather than allowing us to re-assemble them, staff cut and used them to designate reserved rows.

These were only a few things that went wrong on our wedding day. We were beyond disappointed at the service we received, especially with a 7% administrator’s fee. We thought things would have gone better, and the way we directed. We felt our wedding was an afterthought to the larger wedding in the Ballroom. Overall, guests had a good time, and we had a beautiful day, but the service and organization we received was subpar. It was quite troubling that Indian Pond ignored our repeated requests to discuss.

Sent on 05/06/2016

Cici · Married on 09/17/2010

0.0
      2.0

Beautiful place - FOOD WAS TERRIBLE!!!!!!!!!! What a major disappointment!!! We paid $54/plate for RAW chicken! We chose the chicken saltimbocca and scrod for our main entrees. Both came with mashed potatoes and bundled vegetables. The scrod was flavorless and cold. The mashed pototoes were ROCK HARD, ice cold and not edible. You could literally cut it with a knife! Virtually ALL of our 250 guests complained about the food. Just about everyone we asked said their chicken was DISGUSTING and they did not eat it. The chicken was fatty, undercooked, and absolutely gross!! Still PINK inside! I wouldn't serve it to a dog. Everyone got their food served to them cold. I've had better food at Venus de Milo and venues that are much less expensive than Indian Pond. I can't believe for all the money we spent there (OVER $20K) that was the end result. And when I complained to the venue their response was "There's nothing we can do". The two most important things that make a wedding great are (1) THE FOOD and (2) THE D.J. These are the things your guests remember the most. So if you want to be satisfied with the food for your guests, I would be weary of choosing Indian Pond. HUGE, HUGE disappointment!!

Sent on 10/26/2010

Indian Pond Country Club's reply:

Cici, first I would like to thank you for taking the time to submit a review about your experience with our business. At Indian Pond Country Club we do pride ourselves on excellent service and great food, I am sorry to hear that you do not feel you received either. I can assure you that had we known there was an issue with the food during your event we would have done everything possible to correct the mistake. We are proud of our dedicated senior staff that provides gracious service and impeccable attention to all details including ensuring that all food is cooked thoroughly and to the liking of our guests. All chicken entrees are cooked to 165F to ensure that all food safety practices are followed through. I again apologize that you were less than satisfied with the food at your reception. Congratulations on your recent nuptials, wishing you and your husband the very best!

Meg · Married on 10/03/2014

0.8
      0.5

no bride should ever leave her wedding in tears, unless they are from joy. Three weeks after my wedding and I am still astonished as to how we were treated by the "day of" coordinator Diane. Not only was she rude to myself, my husband, and my bridal party but she got nasty with my guests as well. I was by no means a bridezilla and she took advantage of that severely. When her rudeness was pointed out to her and to her bosses all that was made were excuses and it was made to look like it was our fault. I now can see why they were one of the only venues around without weddings booked out for months/ years in advance. I will never attend another wedding there nor will I ever refer them to anyone for golf or for a venue for anything. To be treated like the dirt on the bottom of someones shoe and to be spoken to and have my guests spoken to in a demeaning tone is just down right unacceptable. Perhaps for the money we spent I was asking for too much to be treated with respect and for a simple apology after I wasn't treated that way, but again they already had our money so I am sure that's why they don't feel that they even owe us that. Yes the food was great, but the room if it hadn't been for uplighting would have been gross given the number of stains we were "assured" would be addressed before our wedding day, the staff was efficient but rude. A bride shouldn't leave in tears and be forced to end their reception early because of the way they were treated. Buyer beware, if you'll be dealing with Diane or the owner you'll be in for a whole lot of let down.

Sent on 10/24/2014