Indian Pond Country Club Reviews

109 | Kingston, MA

109 Reviews for Indian Pond Country Club

Heidi · Married on 07/05/2013

I highly recommend Indian Pond!!! Not only is a beautiful place (inside and outside grounds) but the quality of service was top notch!!!

Sent on 07/21/2013

Had a great experience with Indian Pond. Everyone there was friendly and easy to work with. You could contact anyone by phone or email and they would always give you prompt responses. They were extremely flexible in letting us bring in various desserts from outside places. We were able to drop off stuff for the wedding a few days before which made our wedding day go that much more smoothly without worrying about dropping off our guest book, card box etc.

Day of the wedding was incredible. All the staff was so helpful and supportive. Diane makes sure that everything runs on time and can easily and quickly orchestrate that. The staff was great in making sure the bride and groom got to eat their wedding food! We were asked if we wanted any drinks, food or dessert and they were promptly brought to our table while we went around talking to guests. My meal was at the table but I was on the dance floor so the staff brought it back to the kitchen to keep it warm and brought it back out to me when I was ready to eat. Everyone really made the day go smoothly and I did not have any stress or worries. I would recommend Indian Pond to anyone, prices were very reasonable and their service is superb.

Sent on 06/01/2013

Everyone was very nice. It was well organized. Loved the place!

Sent on 02/08/2013

Amy · Married on 04/20/2012

Indian Pond Country Club is MADE for wedding. The place is flawlessly gorgeous and all in whites and beiges which match any color scheme. The ballroom is so beautiful that you can save money on decorations. I hardly had any and the room was beautiful! I worked mostly with Colleen through the planning process and she was great. Very responsive and accommodating. Diane was there for the day of the wedding and the rehearsal and she was fabulous as well. They are very organized and make planning a breeze! The food was delicious as well. It was actually WAY better than what we had sampled at the tasting. My only complaint would be that you have to pay the same price for all the entres (the higher of course). This wouldnt be so bad if they were all similar in price but we ended up having 9 people pick the vegetarian dish in which we had to pay the steak price. BUT! Overall, what we got for what we paid was unbelievable! I highly recommend this place for a wedding. It was a dream come true :-)

Sent on 05/04/2012

Jamilah · Married on 08/13/2011

I am so happy that I chose this venue as my reception venue. Both Pams were instrumental in making sure that the day ran smoothly without any kinks. We received many compliments as to how organized the event was. When I walked into the grand ballroom to see the entire set-up, I almost cried because everything was exactly how I envisioned it to be and more. They were attentive to our needs and made sure that we had a perfect wedding day. I couldn't have asked for more.

Sent on 08/15/2011

N · Married on 08/27/2017

Had a great time planning our wedding at Indian Pond. Great staff, great food.

Sent on 10/21/2017

Jaclyn · Married on 10/21/2011

I can not say enough wonderful things about Indian Pond. The pre-event coordinators were kind, responsive and extremely detail oriented. When I had cousins that were going to miss the ceremony due to a soccer game, the coordinators allowed them to use the locker room facilities on-site.

The on-site staff went above-and-beyond to make sure our day was so special- I never had to worry about a thing. Dee, our attendant for the day, even tried to lay her own jacket down for me to stand on during photos because the grass was cold & wet. When we returned to the Bridal Suite after photos, she had soap and towels ready and wanted to help wash my feet! It was an amazingly kind gesture (and one I was happy to let my sister help with instead!)

We received many compliments from our guests on the friendly waitstaff & bartenders, the beautiful room and the great food!

Sent on 12/06/2011

Amy · Married on 04/09/2011

I had my wedding in the Blackstones Room at Indian Pond Country Club on April 9, 2011. I cannot say enough wonderful things about the experience we had and about the staff. Ashley was great to deal with made every request we had seem like no big deal to take care of. The staff on the wedding day (I think it was Pam and Diane) was great and kept everything rolling and made everything feel so effortless. The food was fabulous and my guests could not stop talking about how good it was from the hor dourves to the main course. The room was so cozy and looked amazing. My reception was everything I ever wanted thanks to Indian Pond Country Club!!

Sent on 04/18/2011

Joeann · Married on 08/28/2010

We had such a beautiful wedding at Indian Pond Country Club! Colleen was so easy to work with and offered a fast response with the numerous questions I had. The food was so delicious to top it all off!

Sent on 11/19/2010
  • Charlene

Charlene · Married on 08/07/2010

I knew when we walked into Indian Pond that it was the perfect place to have our wedding. It is absolutely stunning inside and out. Ashley was amazing to work with, always there to help. She helped us through the whole process of planning the wedding. They even do a complimentary food tasting which is great.

We had our wedding outside on the golf course (thankful for good weather) and our reception in the grand ballroom. They did an amazing job of setting everything up, and easing my panicked mind. They really did take care of everything so we truly could enjoy the day with hardly any stress.

The only real negative thing I can say about Indian Pond is several of my guests commented about about the lady who was in charge of running the wedding the day of (Diane). Apparently she came off a little rude. I know my parents were a little upset about that.

Overall though, my experience was

Overall, I would say the experience was great.

Sent on 10/07/2010
  • Hollly&Ramon

Holly · Married on 08/28/2009

I cant say enough about hte team at Indian Pond. Their intelligence, their patience, and their responsiveness was amazing. They were so knowledgeable about the area & helped me find nail salons, hair salons, hotels, tuxes, etc....my guests and out of town family were all so impressed. It was a flawless night......THANK YOU!

Sent on 09/22/2009

Bailey · Married on 06/21/2009

The service at Indian Pond was amazing. They were attentive, they were professional and best of all, the wedding went off without a hitch. You can tell they have done it a million times because no detail was left undone. The ballroom is gorgeous, with it's neutral decor. Not many venue's come with a gorgeous view, chivari chairs, and stunning chandeliers.

All in all, we are glad we chose to go with Indian Pond. They definitely exceeded everyone's expectations! Thank you!

Sent on 02/18/2010

Kristen · Married on 06/01/2008

As soon as we walked into the venue to look at it, I knew that this was the place! It had that "Wow" factor we were looking for and it just fit us so perfectly. The grounds are so well kept and our pictures came out beautiful with the lush green landscape in the background. The food was delicious and they were very flexible with our needs. We had a Disney themed wedding and when we arrived all the servers had Disney character name tags and Mickey Mouse white gloves, it was so cute! Our contact person was wonderful, and was so friendly, and really took an interest in making sure our day was perfect. I would highly recommend Indian Pond Country Club to anyone having any special event. We liked it so much, we had the wedding shower and wedding there!

Sent on 09/12/2008

Amanda · Married on 10/11/2014

We are so happy we had our wedding at Indian Pond. Alison was so great to work with during the year of planning. She was always so nice, and so responsive. The day of, Vicky was amazing. She made sure everything was on schedule and went as planned, but not in a pushy kind of way at all. She was really attentive, and even my mother noticed how great she was about everything. The room looked amazing and things were put out exactly as we had discussed, just a really great job all around!

Sent on 10/31/2014

Marie · Married on 08/24/2013

When I walked into Indian Pond I knew I HAD to get married there, the venue is BEAUTIFUL. We planned our wedding fairly quickly taking their last Saturday night of the season. They were very helpful in moving the process along. Our guests raved about the food (chicken cordon bleu and baked stuffed haddock). The room was set exactly as we had discussed with Ashley through out the process, she was great to work with. A few people were asked by the folks down stair to not use the members bar before the ceremony which we understood and there were a few communications mix-ups on the night of with Debbie but all in all it was great. I have received many, many compliments.

Sent on 12/30/2013

Kelly · Married on 05/25/2013

We are very happy with our decision to choose IPCC. As other posters have said, their off season pricing extended through the end of May, it made having a Spring wedding very affordable.

Everyone has raved about the food and service during the wedding; especially the tuna tar tar and the mini sliders. The chicken quesadillas weren’t really what we were expecting (they were more like wraps), but you don’t get to try what you choose prior, which I think is a negative. Most of the food offered at the tasting was not what we ordered.

They were extremely friendly and flexible, and even allowed my husband to order a different meal than our two main selections, he was very happy. It rained nonstop and we did not get any outdoor pictures on their beautiful course, and they’ve offered to let us come back in the future for a shoot-we are hoping we get the opportunity to!

The night of the wedding we felt like we were the only couple there, the attention from the staff was very dedicated. However, this was not the case leading up to the wedding. First we interacted with Linda, then Colleen, then Ashley (who was great, I wish she had been our main contact the entire time), and then at the rehearsal - an entirely new person to communicate with. I found it frustrating that two days before the wedding I was going over all of our details again, I left feeling really uneasy and not confident that the details were understood (like repeating 5x that cupcakes were the centerpieces, but we were cutting a cake). Why doesn’t the day of coordinator attend the detail appointment? It felt like we were just another event to get through.

Sent on 06/11/2013

Kelly · Married on 07/05/2008

Indian Pond was the perfect venue for my ceremony and reception. The moment I saw it, I knew that I need to have my wedding there. The place was beautiful, the food was delicious, and the staff was very professional and helpful throughout the planning process and especially the day of. Everything turned out great on the day of the wedding and I could not have asked for a better place.

Sent on 07/23/2009

Lisette · Married on 09/17/2017

Our day was perfect. The staff was great and worked hard to make sure everything ran smoothly.

Sent on 10/01/2017

Deb · Married on 07/30/2017

We planned our wedding just a few months in advance but wete still able to find a last minute spot. The wedding staff was flexible in getting us in for a tour and getting things quickly and efficiently planned. The event went off without a hitch from the ceremony that nthe meal to the box of cake they packed up for us to eat in the limo. Our guests had a great time and enjoyed the food and the atmosphere. Considering that there was another sizable wedding goOmg in at the same time I was pretty impressed at how smoothly everything went.

Sent on 09/22/2017

This venue was was absolutely beautiful. My guests continually told me after the wedding how beautiful it was. Bonnie and Laura were an absolute delight to work with. They were SO nice and professional. They were able to answer every single questions I had when I was doing the details and seating chart. I would 100% work with them again with a few things different...
    Make sure you ask about the table size. Since I had a very large wedding . I didn't realize when I booked the venue that I would only have 8 people to a table (60"), which then increased the number of tables, increasing my floral arrangements needed. It is very uncomfortable to squeeze 10 adults at a 60" round table. They do not have many 72" tables (6 or 7) which can comfortably seat 10-11 people . This made the seating chart very difficult. Also, I didn't like how I was rushed at the bridge. We were not able to get all the pictures we wanted because our time was up. There was another bride/ groom and their wedding party coming out. If I could do it again, I would not have my wedding there when another wedding is going on in the Blackstone Room. My guests were confused on which side of the building to go into. They did not have workers like they said they would outside directing the people. Also, I had provided signs to IPCC so my guests wouldn't get confused and they were placed in the wrong spots.
    Overall, the experience of IPCC was good! Not everything goes perfect on your wedding day so you just have to go with whatever happens.

Sent on 05/23/2016

Deanna · Married on 04/28/2012

I love, love, love Indian Pond Country Club. My hubby and I went to a wedding last year (2011) and that's when we decided that would be our venue for the following year (2012). The food is great, the grounds are amazing for pictures and every area inside is set up so perfectly. We were in love with this place right away. The staff the day of our wedding went above and beyond for us. I felt like I had a weddign planner by my side the entire day and night. They called me early the day of the wedding and wished me luck and made sure I still wanted to have the ceremony outside because it was a little chilly out. I thought that was very nice of them to ask... When we got there I was greeted by Vicky and Pam right away. They helped us get pictures done on time, and be where we had to be on time. I went up to the Bridal Loft to get my hair fixed and a few minutes later Vicky came up to let me know it was almost time for the father/daughter dance. I was impressed that she came to find me and give me a heads up :) Great work. The food was great and a lot of the servers and staff kept congratulating us which was very sweet!! My only negative about this venue, has to do with the Rehearsal for the Ceremony. We booked a date and time for the rehearsal and from there I went ahead and booked a restuarant for the rehearsal dinner and told our friends and family that it was set so they could fly in for it. I was called 17 days before the rehearsal and told that they booked a dinner in the same room and had to bump me. I called and asked them how they can do that and they offered me another time and/or another date and time. The options were not feasible as it was a Thursday and they were offereing times like 2 and 3 p.m. unfortunately most of my wedding party works in Boston so getting there at 6 p.m. was going to be hard enough. I was told we could go over everything in the Bridal Loft with everyone but why would I drag everyone to the venue to just "Visually" rehearse? That didn't make sense so I changed our dinner to an hour earlier and my husband and I went and met the officiant there. It was a huge bummer... They bumped me because another person was willing to pay for catered food and we were just having a rehearsal. That's just not fair. They should have told the other party they couldn't start until 7 as our rehearsal date/time were set for 6 months at 6 p.m. I was told by another bride that got married the summer before me that they did this to her as well. So if you plan to have your ceremony there, don't count on having an actual rehearsal the way you hope... That truthfully is the only bad thing I can say about them!!

Sent on 05/14/2012

Indian Pond Country Club's reply:

Thank you for your review, Deanna! It was a pleasure working with you over the past year in planning your special day. We are very lucky to have staff members such as Pam and Vicky working with us and truly making each couple feel special on the most important day of their lives! As far as the rehearsal goes, we tell all of the brides that in the rare case an event should book in at that exact time, the rehearsal time and/or location may have to be altered. We always list the rehearsal as tentative in the banquet event order that all brides sign months in advance of their wedding date. Being a business, a paying event does take precedence, however we know how important the rehearsal is. We contacted you and offered you the opportunity to start the rehearsal at 5:15pm on the exact location your wedding day ceremony would be (just 45 minutes prior to when you were originally scheduled to start) or keep the time at 6pm and practice in a different area. Although this doesn't happen often, when it does, our brides leave their rehearsal feeling fully confident about their upcoming ceremony. The main reason for the rehearsal is to go through the line up of your wedding party, let you know how and when you will all walk down the aisle, to make sure our staff and the wedding officiant are on the same page as well as to answer any last minute questions or concerns you may have. I know Vicky was able to achieve the above at your rehearsal. Thank you again for taking the time to tell others about your experience. We wish you and your hubby an amazing life together!!

Dina · Married on 11/08/2008

As soon as we saw Indian Pond, we knew we wanted to get married there. The ballroom is absolutely gorgeous, especially at night. We had both our ceremony and reception in the ballroom and it looked amazing! Colleen was very responsive and Diane was so great the day of. The only negatives were that the drinks are pretty expensive and the manager wouldn't let my dad play my free round of golf even though he was spending so much money on our wedding. Besides that, I would recommend Indian Pond to anyone looking to have a beautiful and memorable wedding!

Sent on 02/13/2009

Leigh · Married on 08/02/2008

Our cocktail hour and reception were both so smooth. The staff at Indian Pond took care of everything. The food was delicious. Our coordinator was so helpful and thorough, and she was always available by phone or email for even the smallest questions. They made the day so special for us!

Sent on 03/27/2009

As with any vendor, it's important to talk through what your needs are and to negotiate for pricing that fits within your budget.

Sent on 08/19/2015

Merlisia · Married on 08/19/2017

We had our wedding ceremony & reception here at the Indian Pond Country Club in Plymouth MA, it was absolutely beautiful despite little hiccups here and there. Our friends and family absolutely loved it. We were a bit rushed through our photo session & didn't get to take the pictures we most wanted but we did start a 1/2 hour late, otherwise the staff was very helpful and resourceful especially Megan a special thanks to you. we will most definitely recommend this place to our friends and family and hope to return again maybe this time we'll have time for more photos hahaha.

Sent on 10/03/2017