Independence Seaport Museum Reviews

Independence Seaport Museum 3
Independence Seaport Museum 4
  • Etreece

Etreece Adams · Getting married on 07/25/2020

Planning to have event st this venue

The process is amazing beautiful venue and the staff are so professional and respond right away. It’s very affordable

Sent on 06/29/2019

Victoria · Married on 10/14/2017

My dad worked here when I was younger and ever since I attended a 4th of July event on their 4th floor I knew I wanted to get married here. It was such a unique venue with beyond breathtaking views of the city and a great location! The open bar was included in our pricing. Dena was accommodating and we were able to truly cater our day to have the exact experience we were looking for. The staff was great, but it is a place where you have to do setup yourself and reserve vendors on your own. The ceremony took place on the rotunda and we had a cotton candy sunset for cocktail hour on the 4th floor terrace. The venue is a hidden gem that could really provide the wedding of your dreams!

Independence Seaport Museum 5
    Independence Seaport Museum 6
    Independence Seaport Museum 7
    Independence Seaport Museum 8
    Sent on 11/05/2017

Sarah · Married on 06/10/2017

We just had our wedding ceremony and reception at the Independence Seaport Museum and we could not be happier! The setting is absolutely beautiful, with views overlooking the Delaware River and the ballroom is really spacious with a large terrace outside. We were planning our wedding from a distance and the event coordinator, Dena, was incredible to work with! She was so flexible in updating plans and making any changes we requested and really responsive to all our emails. Steve was there on our wedding day to help ensure everything ran smoothly and he was awesome to work with as well! We had so many compliments on how beautiful our wedding was and the venue had everything to do with that. I highly, highly recommend choosing the Seaport Museum and working with Dena for your wedding!

Sent on 06/16/2017

Haven't had the wedding yet, but working with Janelle has been great. She is flexible and allows me to be the laid back bride that I am. She is super genuine and honest which I appreciate during this process. She's also been helping me save wine corks for a wedding project!

Sent on 05/01/2015

I cannot say enough good things about the Seaport Museum and Janelle, who we worked with there. It is an amazing hidden Philadelphia gem. We planned to have our ceremony on the rotunda but due to rain had to have it in the reception hall with our cocktail hour in the exhibits - it was still super beautiful, and by the time cocktail hour came around the rain was clearing up. Janelle made it possible for our guests to hang out inside in the galleries AND outside on the decks. It was the best of both worlds! She was super accommodating and fun to work with. The Seaport Museum had everything we were looking for (nice big reception hall with a dance floor and attached outdoor space, outdoor ceremony space and awesome rain plan - our guests had a great time exploring the exhibits during cocktail hour) and I wish I could plan more parties here. I became a member for the wedding and will renew my membership for the next year so I can keep coming back!

Sent on 12/23/2015

Working with Janelle and the Independence Seaport Museum team was awesome! We had the times of our lives at our wedding and Janelle helped to make sure that everything ran smoothly through the process. The venue space on the 4th floor has amazing views with a huge dance floor. Our guests also thoroughly enjoyed exploring the museum collections and exhibitions during cocktail hour. The only disappointment was that it rained on our big day so we weren't able to have the ceremony outdoors on the beautiful rotunda... but the ceremony indoors ended up being perfect :)

Sent on 09/30/2014

Valerie · Married on 07/26/2014

The bridge and groom wanted a place that was in the city but not a ball room..
    They wanted their guests to have a beautiful view of the city.
    They wanted to add their personal touches to their wedding without having added costs for each idea.
    They wanted the place to themselves for their event without any worries about another affair going on in the same venue that day.
    They wanted to bring in their caterer.
    They wanted to wanted to provide the alcohol.
    They wanted an outdoor ceremony with an indoor reception.
    They wanted lots of choices and freedom.
    They got it all at the Seaport!

Sent on 11/12/2014

Ann Marie · Married on 08/02/2014

To say my wedding was a dream come true would be an understatement. I couldn't imagine a better venue for our day. The Seaport really transformed for our wedding and our guests LOVED walking around the museum. Janelle, our coordinator at the ISM (and Brulee catering) attended to our every need and idea and had exceptional attention to detail. If I could do it all over again, I wouldn't change a thing! I look forward to visiting the museum in the future with my family to re-live our wedding day experience.

Sent on 10/13/2014