Independence Harbor Reviews

• WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2010 Winner

• Meagan
    Meagan H. Married on 10/02/2021

5 stars all around!

I absolutely love Independence Harbor. The garden is stunning, the food is delicious, the staff is knowledgeable and helpful, and the coordinators are prompt and professional. And to be blunt, the prices cannot be beat for everything that's included. I can't tell you how much I appreciated how transparent IH is - having the full menu and prices easily available on their website not only saved me a ton of time, but convinced me it was worth taking time off work to see in person because I already knew it was in my budget. I was thoroughly impressed by the landscaping every time I visited, and the flowers, lush green grass, and decor were the perfect backdrop for our gazebo ceremony. I was so excited to find a venue that offers a brunch buffet, and it certainly did not disappoint! There were so many options, all absolutely delicious, especially the deep fried apple french toast 😍. I was so anxious leading up to the wedding because we didn't have a planner, but the IH coordinators and staff made everything run seamlessly, from giving tips on timeline down to telling me how to hold my train. I will definitely be going to their public brunches again in the future, and I hope to attend many more weddings at IH!
    Sabrina C. Married on 01/18/2020

Wedding Venue

We just had our wedding at Independence Harbor last month in January. Everything was great from the decor to the food we had nothing to complain about. We had roast beef and scrod as our meals. The scrod was delicious! Everything was fabulous, the staff was friendly and helpful which made wedding planning easier. I would recommend Independence Harbor as a wedding venue, especially if having a winter wedding... prices are a little bit more reasonable!
  • Katherine
    Katherine L. Married on 01/04/2020

Amazing venue!

We could not be happier with our wedding at Independence Harbor. Everyone was so professional, helpful, and knowledgeable. Connie and Anne were always available to answer any questions we had whether it be about the venue or wedding advice in general. On the day of our wedding, the staff made sure that I got some Mac and cheese from cocktail hour when I was taking pictures. The room was gorgeous and the passed appetizers were decorated with fruit art! Our guests could not stop talking about how great the food was and how comfortable the atmosphere was. We cannot thank you enough for all you did to support the best day of our lives.
  • Ginko
    Ginko C. Married on 08/10/2019

Beautiful Venue, Great Service!

This review is long due! My husband and I are very happy with Independence Harbor. The garden view is beautiful and the service is amazing! All my family members and friends love taking pictures in the beautiful garden and inside the grant dining reception area. Connie and Amanda are quick to response throughout the planning. Matt and Stephanie are stars in coordinating with my Wedding Manager to run everything smoothly throughout the ceremony and the reception. Right at the beginning of the ceremony and during some part of the ceremony there was an unexpected quick rain shower. Staff were quick to respond in drying up the chairs and providing umbrellas just in case for another one. Well, we got a bonus from the shower! There's a rainbow above us during the ceremony!!! Priceless!!! All my friends and family gave great compliments about Independence Harbor, their service, and food! I would highly recommend this place to any couples! Thank you so much for making us feel so special on our big day!!!
  • Cintya
    Cintya A. Married on 05/04/2019

Great experience

We planned our wedding in 5 months and the staff at IH made it a breeze! We enjoyed working with Anne & Connie. They both really made it very easy for us and our wedding day went perfectly. Shout out to Matt & the staff on our wedding day for making the day better than we even imagined!
  • Jenna
    Jenna P. Married on 04/28/2019

Don't be fooled by the bad reviews!

After glancing over the very mixed reviews my husband and I went with hesitancy to view Independence Harbor. We met with Connie who at first came across somewhat stern but then after explaining what we wanted and our clear vision of our day she softened. We were able to take advantage of their off season rates which were VERY reasonable and fit in perfectly with our tight budget. Connie and Anne ALWAYS responded to any and all of my questions right away putting my anxious nature right at ease. Even at our final meeting Connie was EXTREMELY flexible as it was supposed to rain the day of and allowed the bridal party to be on site earlier than previously discussed. She also allowed my very good friend to set up the centerpieces for me the day of which relieved a lot of stress. Matt was on site that day and he made sure that everything went perfectly smooth from start to finish. I had forgotten to bring the card holder and he quickly stepped in to provide a make shift one until my mom arrived with the real one. I also have to give a shout out to Debbie. She was our hands on gal the ENTIRE day. Form the second we stepped out of the limo she was waiting there with an umbrella to walk us inside. She made sure we had drinks all night and even brought out appetizers for us while we were busy taking photos. It had stopped raining for photos and before we stepped foot inside the gazebo she had a linen cloth wiping down the edge of the gazebo so that my dress would not get wet. She truly paid attention to every detail and took care of us all night long. She also made sure that things were done on time and not once did I feel rushed. The food was incredible. My grandmother is a very picky eater and complains about EVERYTHING but she could NOT stop raving about how good the food was! All of our guests thoroughly enjoyed the food. My mother-in-law is extremely allergic to seafood and they paid close attention to detail and made absolutely sure that nothing was cross contaminated. Everything was labeled and they were sure to put the fish at the end of the buffet line covered so she would not have to go near it. I also can't forget about the grounds. They are absolutely stunning! All of our guests could not stop talking about how gorgeous the grounds and the inside of the building was. Connie may seem gruff at first meeting but let me assure you that these people have been doing this a very long time and they know what they are doing. Don't be fooled by the bad reviews they will be sure that your day goes better than you could have ever imagined!
    Kelly S. Married on 01/19/2019

Absolutely gorgeous

This venue was absolutely perfect. Could not of asked for a better place to host our special day!
  • Caitlyn
    Caitlyn P. Married on 08/09/2018

Exceptional Venue and Superb Service at an Extremely Reasonable Price!

The staff at IH was always a pleasure to deal with. Connie and Anne always answered our numerous questions promptly via email and phone. The only thing I wish we could have was a private tasting of the hors d'oeuvres, but the venue does not offer that. The food on our wedding day was delicious, and our guests are still raving about it. The staff was helpful to both myself and my now husband and went out of their way numerous times to assist us with anything. Thank you for an unforgettable evening!
    Stephanie Married on 05/26/2018
    Independence Harbor's grounds were beautiful and the staff were exceptional! Connie and Anne were very helpful during the whole planning process. The questionnaires and floor plan they had you fill out helped you get everything organized in one place.
    Carolyn Married on 12/30/2017
    I could not be happier with Independence Harbor. They were responsive and helpful leading up to the wedding. On our wedding day they took care of every single detail so I didn't have to worry about a single thing. Plus, the food was wonderful. Highly recommend!
    Charlene Married on 07/22/2017
    Working with Connie, and Ann, was a complete pleasure. They're both knowledgeable , in helping, with your wedding. My wedding was absolutely, flawless, thank you , Connie, Ann, and Matt!
    Brian Married on 07/13/2017
    Service was great, Matt, Ann, and Connie were extremely helpful and made our wedding perfect.
    J Married on 06/11/2017
    Independence Harbor... is... amazing! From the awesome ladies we worked with to book the venue, choose the menus, and discuss the decor/color scheme to the incredible staff who worked on the day of our wedding coordinating the ceremony, ensuring that our guests were well cared for, and that there was enough time to do everything we wanted to do, everyone and everything was PERFECT. We found this place via web search while checking out venues in Massachusetts area and despite going to ~6 difference places we fell in love with this place. The grounds are absolutely gorgeous and offers a great combination of indoor/outdoor for those looking for an outdoor wedding. There's no need for additional decor, really, because the beauty and charm that's already there definitely speaks for itself. The people we worked with were so on top of things, which is invaluable when planning something like your wedding day. They were seriously the best and helped make the whole (typically stressful) event relatively painless!

The whole experience was little short of perfect. It was worth every penny and was very competitively priced at that. Furthermore, they offer brunch once a month where you can go and taste their (fantastic) food! We got so many compliments on the food from our guests! If we are able to, we plan on going there for brunch in the years to come around our wedding date because we loved the place that much.

Highly, highly recommend!! Please check this place out at the very least. You won't regret it!
    Carrie Married on 05/26/2017
    I had my wedding here last night! It started off as a very gloomy rainy day and I was so upset but the second it started clearing up literally minutes before starting the coordinator Matt (who was fantastic) he came into the room and assured me I could still do my wedding outside! They sent people outside to dry chairs put out umbrellas the staff was incredible the food was great and it was a pleasure working with ALL of them extremely happy with my venue!!! Connie & Anne were also a pleasure to work with they made sure everything ran smoothly leading up to my wedding day!
    Charlene Married on 03/31/2017
    Absolutely outstanding!! Wonderful staff, food was outstanding. My dream wedding!
    Kedrin Married on 12/28/2015
    We loved the personalized and customized service we received from beginning to end.
    Katie Married on 09/05/2015
    Wow! I was blown away by the service and beauty of IH! My husband and I got married on 9/5/15 and it was perfect! The staff was phenomenal , Matt was awesome! The food was to die for! Everyone that I have spoken with had nothing but great things to say about the reception, from how beautiful the land was to how smooth the flow of the reception was! I wish I could relive that night over and over!
    Danielle Married on 08/29/2015
    Wow! I was married at Independence Harbor on August 29, 2015. Planning the wedding was made easier by dealing with professionals. Connie and Anne were responsive and able to help address any concerns I had over the year of planning. It is obvious from the get go - they do this often and have a quality of delivering outstanding service that surpasses most. Leading up to the wedding they were helpful and honest in any questions I had. The grounds are some of the most breathtaking I have ever seen. The flowers and landscaping and work that goes into keeping this place so beautiful is something to be admired. I appreciate being able to visit IH several times and was able to see different ideas for the room, ceremony space and photo opportunities. While I truly believe the ceremony space is a ten - I also love the reception space! The room is different from a standard hotel ballroom as the dance floor is pushed forward and my guests LOVED it. iI felt like we were all on stage! The staff was great and Matty could not have been any more gracious and helpful. I swear working with him will spoil me for any event I plan in the future. He is calm, in control and pleasant which is exactly what you want on your wedding day. The food was amazing! The guests are still talking about it. I cannot thank Independence Harbor enough for their amazing work. The day was truly the most special day for us and we thank them for helping us have it. danielle&marshall
    Ellen Married on 08/13/2015
    Beautiful location, wonderful people, great place to have a wedding!!!!
    Brian Married on 04/24/2015
    We got married at Independence Harbor on April 24, 2015. I cannot put into words how great our experience was with Independence Harbor. They were very responsive and helpful through the entire process. This includes the office staff (Connie and Anne) to the wedding day coordinators (Matt and Martha). Our day was perfect in every way. The room was set up exactly how we pictured it. Martha and Matt made sure all of personal items (photos and wedding signs we brought) were set up. The tables looked great as well. We were more than impressed with the service too. I had worked for several years with weddings in a banquet hall and the staff at Independence Harbor far exceeded any expectations. Martha, in particular, went out of her way at all points of the evening to make sure everyone was taken care of. She took special attention to my mother and grandmother which is greatly appreciated. At the rehearsal we explained to Matt a couple of things we were looking for with the wedding. He took great notes and everything was perfect. He was also very easy to work with and genuinely made us feel like our wedding was special. We were sad to see the event finish. I have received multiple responses from our guests on how great everything was and how much fun they had. I highly recommend Independence Harbor as an ideal place to get married. The grounds are beautiful, the food was great, the staff was excellent.
    Ellen Married on 02/15/2015
    We had our wedding reception at Independence Harbor in February 2015, and we couldn't be happier with our choice. The weather forecast on our wedding day called for a blizzard, and the staff stayed connected to us in the days leading up to the event, letting us know that they'd find a way to open for us as long as the roads weren't forced to close, and that if weather did force a closure, they'd be able to host our Sunday event on Monday. It took a little persuasion, but they were even able to accept our cake delivery a day early in preparation for the weather. While we did indeed get a blizzard, the roads were open, the snow had stopped falling by our 4 p.m. arrival time, and our reception was held as planned. The venue was absolutely gorgeous with the grounds covered in snow and icicles hanging from the rooftop. The lighting of snow-covered grounds at sunset made for some gorgeous photos. The look of the space inside was perfect as well, with just the right amount of uplighting to add some nice ambiance. The parking lot and walkways had been plowed and provided a wonderful arrival experience for our guests. The food was absolutely delicious, and the value of their winter wedding package was truly outstanding. My husband and I did the bulk of our planning from Florida, so having such a responsive team working with us was invaluable. Connie was our main point of contact throughout our planning process, and she was fantastic. The only thing I'd do differently if I had it to do over again would have been to ask for an announcement when our hot chocolate bar was open. Thank you, thank you to the IH team for providing a truly magical backdrop to our day.
  • User1981846 2+ years ago
    Just had my wedding here and it was awesome! Great staff, great food, very attentive! Highly recommended!
    Kayla Married on 10/24/2014
    I drive by Independence Harbor everyday. I would always say I will have my wedding there someday! And I did! And I am so happy I did! It is just so gorgeous and the staff are so helpful. I love that your wedding is the only wedding going on. It's private and secluded. The food is outstanding! Everyone was very impressed with the food. I couldn't have asked for a better place to host my wedding!
    Karen Married on 10/17/2014
    We just had our wedding here on 10/17/14 and it was amazing! The grounds are beautiful and their entire team is extremely helpful and kind. I highly recommend this venue to anyone. All of our family and friends were in awe of how beautiful and picturesque the ground are. We even encountered 2 deer in the background during our rehearsal. It's a must see!
  • User1818415 2+ years ago
    Independence Harbor was wonderful to work with! They accommodated all of my last minute changes and everything was executed perfectly. What I was most impressed with was the staff member assigned to us the day of the wedding...it was great having someone to keep us informed about what was going on and the flow of the reception. We also had someone to go to if we had questions - it was a huge stress reliever.