In the Fields Reviews

In the Fields 5
  • Megan

Megan Sheeley · Married on 08/31/2019

Just Book Them!!

We were a little nervous booking a band we had never seen before, but future brides/grooms take our word for it: BOOK THIS BAND RIGHT THIS SECOND. We cannot say enough good things about In The Fields, and neither could our guests!! ITF kept the dance floor packed the entire night, and we received countless compliments from guests about how amazing the band was -- they play so much variety and transition from one song to the next without stopping. Steve is SO helpful and organized during the planning process. He was so attentive to all of my song requests and was sure to ask questions if I wasn't clear. They played acoustic music for our ceremony, executing each song exactly how we imagined. Guests enjoyed acoustic music during the cocktail hour. The band nailed our first dance, father/daughter, and mother/son dance songs before packing the dance floor the rest of the night! The music for our day was very important to me, and Steve and his crew hit it out of the park. Amazing!!! Thanks, Steve!!

Sent on 09/24/2019
  • Kayla

Kayla · Married on 08/10/2019

The Best Decision We Made

We hired In the Fields for our wedding. We knew we wanted a band and struggled to find the perfect fit as far as type of music and price. Then we stumbled across In the Fields on The Knot. They came highly recommended on there and here on wedding wire. We took a listen to their soundtrack on their website and knew they were the ones! I emailed Steve and got a reply so quick! They mailed a detailed packet to make the whole planning process a breeze. I will tell you, our guests cannot stop talking about how amazing “that band was”. We promise you, you will not be disappointed!!

Sent on 08/23/2019
  • Jill

Jill Stenzel · Married on 07/20/2019

The BEST Wedding Band!

IN THE FIELDS is the BEST wedding band ever!! My dream was to always have a live band at my wedding and In the Fields was absolutely amazing. All of our family and friends LOVED them and we received so many wonderful compliments. The sound was incredible and we love the mashups into the next song! We heard In the Fields for the first time and we weren’t even engaged but we knew instantly that they had to play at our wedding someday! We saw them a few times before our wedding and each time we were so excited for our big day. Steve is the BEST! He is very professional, organized and responded very promptly to any e-mails or questions we had. The dance floor was full all night with the best song selection! Thank you so much~ I would recommend them over and over again! We can’t wait to keep going to see In the Fields when they perform in some of our neighboring towns! ☺

Sent on 09/08/2019

Tim Schubert · Married on 06/28/2019

Best Wedding Band!

In The Fields made our wedding unbelievable! We originally heard them at a family members wedding and knew we needed them for our wedding. We had our wedding at our house and they had no issues. The dance floor was full all night long and everyone is still talking about how much fun they had! Hands down, the best band out there!

Sent on 08/05/2019

Andy Kubal · Married on 06/15/2019

In the Fields is the best

Absolutely killed it. Amazing performance!

Sent on 06/17/2019
  • Stephanie

Stephanie · Married on 05/25/2019

Absolutely amazing!!!!

In The Fields....you guys are amazing!!!
    We chose to get married at our home, and it rained the whole week leading up to our wedding, so we had the band set up in our garage just in case it rained more.... it turned out to be a beautiful day so all our guests were outside. That didn’t deter these guys at all!! They rocked out to an empty room, while everyone was outside dancing and singing right along.
    Steve was a joy to work with, so laid back and just fantastic!!! We asked him to play “Found” by Dan Davidson for our recessional, and he absolutely killed it!!!! These guys are so talented, they play any and everything, and are just amazing!! I am SO happy they were able to play our wedding!! I seriously can’t say enough great things about them!!! Thank you, In The Fields, for making our wedding incredible!!!! You guys rock!!!

Sent on 06/01/2019

Jessica · Married on 02/23/2019

Ms. Callahan

These guys are amazing! All of our guests lived them. Everyone loved that they played at the perfect volume. It was loud enough to sing along on the dance floor, but not so loud that you couldn't talk at the tables. The variety they play is great as well!!

Sent on 03/29/2019

Leanne Tacheny · Married on 02/16/2019

So much fun!

Hiring In The Fields to play at our wedding receptions was by far one of the best decisions we made! Having live music was important to us, and we did our research before hiring a band. We were so impressed by the band’s talent, the variety of music they play, the way they transition from one song right into the next, their ability to play our requests- we knew they were the band for us! Steve was super responsive and helped make the planning process easy. From the first dance to the last song of the night, In The Fields absolutely nailed it! They kept the dance floor packed all night, and our guests all raved about how much fun they had. Thank you In The Fields- you guys are the best!

Sent on 03/24/2019
    In the Fields 6
  • Angeline

Angeline · Married on 11/02/2018

Best Wedding Band Out There!

I first heard In the Fields while working a wedding at Northland Country Club and knew then that I had to have them for my own wedding. In the Fields is EVERYTHING a wedding band needs to be. The sound was incredible and the way they cruised into every song was perfect. I heard non-stop compliments from our weddings guests about the band. They were definitely my favorite vendor we used for our wedding! A lot of times you get weddings where you can't understand what is coming from the microphone but I heard no complaints here! I highly recommend In the Fields-You WILL NOT be disappointed.

Sent on 12/10/2018

Tara Miller · Married on 10/27/2018

Amazing Band!

In the Fields was amazing, we could not have been happier with their performance at our wedding! The band sounded amazing and kept the dance floor full the entire evening! Steve was very helpful during the planning process, he answered all our questions and didn't mind the multiple revisions we made on song choices. Every one should have live music, especially from In the Fields!

Sent on 12/26/2018

Kory Hanson · Married on 10/06/2018

Great band!

I want to thank you again for such a great night! We couldn't have asked for anything better. We received numerous comments from guests on how great your guys were. Hope to find an occasion where we can host you again!

Sent on 12/12/2018
    In the Fields 7
    In the Fields 8
    In the Fields 9

Ashley · Married on 09/08/2018

WHERE DO I BEGIN?! In the Fields played at our wedding reception and were amazing!! All our guests were raving about what an amazing band we had. The only down side to hiring In the Fields is they are so amazing you will be exhausted from dancing the entire night!! Plus, they are so reasonably priced!!!
    And Steve---- this man is amazing! He played our ceremony music and it was prefect! Steve was so well prepared and thought of more things than I did. He sends you a very detailed wedding planner before the wedding to make sure the dance goes exactly like you would want! Plus, we threw a few curve balls at him and he was super flexible and helpful!! I can't recommend In the Fields enough!!!

Sent on 09/11/2018
  • Michelle

Michelle · Married on 08/17/2018

An amazing experience.

10 STARS Wow this band! I am grateful In the Fields was a part of our wedding. I have never heard of them before (being in different cities) I relied on the reviews and their website and decided to book. It was the best choice I have made! Steve was easy to work with and always available to me with any questions, changes or concerns. The entire evening was fun-filled with wonderful various song selections. My guests danced all night and had many compliments towards the band! They worked hard to prepare our first dance and parents dance which were newly learned songs. Alex, Jeremiah, and Steve ROCKED IT! Thank you so much. I would recommend them over and over again. Everyone must book IN THE FIELDS!

Sent on 12/15/2018

Samuel · Married on 08/11/2018

Perfect, better than expected

I would and have recommended them to anybody who is willing to listen. Very professional, kept the dance exciting all night.

Sent on 12/19/2018

Sona · Married on 07/20/2018

Best band ever!

We were so happy the band we picked for the wedding. In the Fields was amazing I would not have picked a better band. They were really good at emailing back right away, and with all the accommodations we asked them to do they were super nice about it. They played every song we wanted them to play, If you wanted to hear a song again they played it again.. They got people to get up and dance, and they had a variety of music that everyone loves. They did perfect timing on every ceremony event that we had, and the announcements were great no mess ups with the names. Perfect sound levels with all our activities. You guys were amazing at the wedding people kept talking about how wonderful everything was so thank you for making our day special.

Sent on 03/19/2019

Jennifer Schuette · Married on 06/02/2018

Best wedding Band Ever!

I am so happy we hired In the Fields for our barn wedding reception in June 2018! First of all, I am super picky about live music. All the rave reviews I read here were accurate. Steve was super responsive, flexible, and organized. The music was so versatile, and perfect for all ages. We loved that we got to pick 3 songs for the band to learn for our special day. I was a little nervous hiring a smaller band that it might not be enough energy to fill the space, but they had a full sound and our guests danced all night. Nothing sets the mood better than live music and these guys hit it out of the park! They even let my friend (a professional Lady GaGa impersonator in Vegas), join them on a couple Gaga songs! Hire this band. You won't be disappointed!

Sent on 03/22/2019

Paige · Married on 04/28/2018

Perfect and Easy!

We have had many compliments from our wedding about In the Fields. We have given them out as recommendations and continue to follow them at local venues when we can! The wedding planner document was very helpful in music selection and cooperation. The list of music provided gave us a good idea of what to request and expect. Also the opportunity to have the band learn 3 songs of our choosing was a extra bonus!

Sent on 12/12/2018
    In the Fields 10

Blake · Married on 04/20/2018

In the Fields played a great show for our wedding reception, my wife and I couldn't have been happier with their performance! We received many compliments from our guests as well, and the dance floor was busy all night long. I was most impressed with the range of music the band offered and the seamless transitions from song to song during each set they played. Steve was very good at communicating throughout the booking and preparation process leading up to our big date. We definitely recommend In the Fields to other couples looking for great affordable live music! Thanks so much for helping make our wedding reception so memorable!!

Sent on 05/01/2018

Abbey · Married on 12/30/2017

In the Fields was amazing! Such an upgrade over a traditional DJ. We could not have imagined the night without them. Very responsive, easy to work with, affordable, and incredibly talented! Many guests commented on how impressed they were with the band. Would recommend them over and over again!

Sent on 01/03/2018

Kate · Married on 12/08/2017

We got married at Spirit Mountain, Duluth MN on 12/9/17. In the Fields was absolutely amazing to work with! They play a range of music from classic Rock to country to todays pop hits! I never had to come up with a set list, as they just read the crowd and played the best songs! They seamlessly transitioned from song to song, keeping everyone on the dance floor throughout the entire night! They never hesitated to learn the songs I requested. Steve played during our ceremony, and it was perfect! He even learned to play a new song just 2 weeks before the wedding without hesitation. Our guests absolutely LOVED the band, and we could not have been happier to work with them!

Sent on 03/22/2018

Kate · Married on 11/04/2017

Hiring Steve and In the Fields to entertain our guests for cocktail hour and wedding reception was one of the best decisions we could have made. They kept everyone dancing all night. We got so many compliments and were asked by multiple people for their contact info.

Sent on 11/07/2017

Linda · Married on 10/28/2017

You were awesome and we had such good feedback from everyone. Even from some people that have played in bands. Everyone was very amazed at all the different styles of songs that you could sing and the range of your voice. Loved that you went from one song right into the next. I don't think anybody left the dance floor for very long. Everyone even danced during your breaks. Music selection for that was great. Very happy! Loved that you were able to get all the sound checks done before the reception. Very nice! You were very competent and accommodating in every aspect. You did an awesome job on the 3 songs that we selected for you to learn. Thumbs up! Would like to know your upcoming schedule for the public and if there are any around the area.

Sent on 12/01/2017

Holly · Married on 10/07/2017

This band was highly recommended to me, and for good reason! I had several guests comment to me during our reception that this was the BEST wedding band they had ever heard. One of the common praises was that during each 20-minute set, the band seamlessly transitioned from one song to the next without letting the music die. I requested a few special songs that were not in the band's extensive catalog, and they learned and played them flawlessly!

Sent on 10/22/2017

Ericka · Married on 09/24/2017

I'd give In The Fields 10 stars if I could! These guys were amazing! I first heard them at a friend's wedding in Minneapolis and decided to see if they'd be willing to travel to the Madison, WI area for our wedding. They were, thankfully! Steve was incredibly easy to work with leading up to our wedding - very organized and responsive. He made the planning stress-free. We had him play acoustic guitar for our ceremony and then had the full band for our reception. They do a great job of mixing up the music to keep everyone on the dance floor. Our guests had a blast. Highly recommend In The Fields!

Sent on 10/01/2017

Marissa · Married on 09/16/2017

In The Fields was excellent through the entire process. From booking all the way through our wedding day, they were very professional and responsive. The wedding planner that they provided was very detailed and left no question unasked. This was extremely helpful and helped take stress off of us on our wedding day. They also provided live music during our ceremony which was beautiful and got a lot of positive comments from the guests.

I cannot say enough good things about the music itself. They learned songs specifically for our wedding that really made our wedding dance one of a kind. They were energetic and kept the dance floor busy all night. They read the crowd and played in to what was keeping them moving. Their ability to move from one song to the next with no pauses was amazing and really kept the party going the whole time. We have received endless comments about In The Fields and how much more fun they made the night. Seriously, they were a large part of making our day so special. We cannot thank them enough!

Sent on 10/23/2017