In the Fields Reviews

In the Fields 3
In the Fields 4
  • Angeline

Angeline · Married on 11/02/2018

Best Wedding Band Out There!

I first heard In the Fields while working a wedding at Northland Country Club and knew then that I had to have them for my own wedding. In the Fields is EVERYTHING a wedding band needs to be. The sound was incredible and the way they cruised into every song was perfect. I heard non-stop compliments from our weddings guests about the band. They were definitely my favorite vendor we used for our wedding! A lot of times you get weddings where you can't understand what is coming from the microphone but I heard no complaints here! I highly recommend In the Fields-You WILL NOT be disappointed.

Tara Miller · Married on 10/27/2018

Amazing Band!

In the Fields was amazing, we could not have been happier with their performance at our wedding! The band sounded amazing and kept the dance floor full the entire evening! Steve was very helpful during the planning process, he answered all our questions and didn't mind the multiple revisions we made on song choices. Every one should have live music, especially from In the Fields!

Kory Hanson · Married on 10/06/2018

Great band!

I want to thank you again for such a great night! We couldn't have asked for anything better. We received numerous comments from guests on how great your guys were. Hope to find an occasion where we can host you again!

In the Fields 5
    In the Fields 6
    In the Fields 7

Ashley · Married on 09/08/2018

WHERE DO I BEGIN?! In the Fields played at our wedding reception and were amazing!! All our guests were raving about what an amazing band we had. The only down side to hiring In the Fields is they are so amazing you will be exhausted from dancing the entire night!! Plus, they are so reasonably priced!!!
    And Steve---- this man is amazing! He played our ceremony music and it was prefect! Steve was so well prepared and thought of more things than I did. He sends you a very detailed wedding planner before the wedding to make sure the dance goes exactly like you would want! Plus, we threw a few curve balls at him and he was super flexible and helpful!! I can't recommend In the Fields enough!!!

• Michelle

Michelle · Married on 08/17/2018

An amazing experience.

10 STARS Wow this band! I am grateful In the Fields was a part of our wedding. I have never heard of them before (being in different cities) I relied on the reviews and their website and decided to book. It was the best choice I have made! Steve was easy to work with and always available to me with any questions, changes or concerns. The entire evening was fun-filled with wonderful various song selections. My guests danced all night and had many compliments towards the band! They worked hard to prepare our first dance and parents dance which were newly learned songs. Alex, Jeremiah, and Steve ROCKED IT! Thank you so much. I would recommend them over and over again. Everyone must book IN THE FIELDS!

Samuel · Married on 08/11/2018

Perfect, better than expected

I would and have recommended them to anybody who is willing to listen. Very professional, kept the dance exciting all night.

Paige · Married on 04/28/2018

Perfect and Easy!

We have had many compliments from our wedding about In the Fields. We have given them out as recommendations and continue to follow them at local venues when we can! The wedding planner document was very helpful in music selection and cooperation. The list of music provided gave us a good idea of what to request and expect. Also the opportunity to have the band learn 3 songs of our choosing was a extra bonus!

In the Fields 8

Blake · Married on 04/20/2018

In the Fields played a great show for our wedding reception, my wife and I couldn't have been happier with their performance! We received many compliments from our guests as well, and the dance floor was busy all night long. I was most impressed with the range of music the band offered and the seamless transitions from song to song during each set they played. Steve was very good at communicating throughout the booking and preparation process leading up to our big date. We definitely recommend In the Fields to other couples looking for great affordable live music! Thanks so much for helping make our wedding reception so memorable!!

Abbey · Married on 12/30/2017

In the Fields was amazing! Such an upgrade over a traditional DJ. We could not have imagined the night without them. Very responsive, easy to work with, affordable, and incredibly talented! Many guests commented on how impressed they were with the band. Would recommend them over and over again!

Kate · Married on 12/08/2017

We got married at Spirit Mountain, Duluth MN on 12/9/17. In the Fields was absolutely amazing to work with! They play a range of music from classic Rock to country to todays pop hits! I never had to come up with a set list, as they just read the crowd and played the best songs! They seamlessly transitioned from song to song, keeping everyone on the dance floor throughout the entire night! They never hesitated to learn the songs I requested. Steve played during our ceremony, and it was perfect! He even learned to play a new song just 2 weeks before the wedding without hesitation. Our guests absolutely LOVED the band, and we could not have been happier to work with them!

Kate · Married on 11/04/2017

Hiring Steve and In the Fields to entertain our guests for cocktail hour and wedding reception was one of the best decisions we could have made. They kept everyone dancing all night. We got so many compliments and were asked by multiple people for their contact info.

Linda · Married on 10/28/2017

You were awesome and we had such good feedback from everyone. Even from some people that have played in bands. Everyone was very amazed at all the different styles of songs that you could sing and the range of your voice. Loved that you went from one song right into the next. I don't think anybody left the dance floor for very long. Everyone even danced during your breaks. Music selection for that was great. Very happy! Loved that you were able to get all the sound checks done before the reception. Very nice! You were very competent and accommodating in every aspect. You did an awesome job on the 3 songs that we selected for you to learn. Thumbs up! Would like to know your upcoming schedule for the public and if there are any around the area.

Holly · Married on 10/07/2017

This band was highly recommended to me, and for good reason! I had several guests comment to me during our reception that this was the BEST wedding band they had ever heard. One of the common praises was that during each 20-minute set, the band seamlessly transitioned from one song to the next without letting the music die. I requested a few special songs that were not in the band's extensive catalog, and they learned and played them flawlessly!

Ericka · Married on 09/24/2017

I'd give In The Fields 10 stars if I could! These guys were amazing! I first heard them at a friend's wedding in Minneapolis and decided to see if they'd be willing to travel to the Madison, WI area for our wedding. They were, thankfully! Steve was incredibly easy to work with leading up to our wedding - very organized and responsive. He made the planning stress-free. We had him play acoustic guitar for our ceremony and then had the full band for our reception. They do a great job of mixing up the music to keep everyone on the dance floor. Our guests had a blast. Highly recommend In The Fields!

Marissa · Married on 09/16/2017

In The Fields was excellent through the entire process. From booking all the way through our wedding day, they were very professional and responsive. The wedding planner that they provided was very detailed and left no question unasked. This was extremely helpful and helped take stress off of us on our wedding day. They also provided live music during our ceremony which was beautiful and got a lot of positive comments from the guests.

I cannot say enough good things about the music itself. They learned songs specifically for our wedding that really made our wedding dance one of a kind. They were energetic and kept the dance floor busy all night. They read the crowd and played in to what was keeping them moving. Their ability to move from one song to the next with no pauses was amazing and really kept the party going the whole time. We have received endless comments about In The Fields and how much more fun they made the night. Seriously, they were a large part of making our day so special. We cannot thank them enough!

Shannon · Married on 07/15/2017

I cannot recommend this band enough. In the Fields was a definite highlight for our wedding. I'm a musician and am very picky when it comes to live music. Steve is an incredible singer and the 3 piece band packs a punch playing live. Another plus is that since they're only a 3 person band, more reception sites can accommodate them because they take up less space than a 7-15 piece band.

I personally don't care for wedding bands that only play old school, jazzy tunes. In the Fields has a wide variety of song selections that spans pop, rock and country. They have oldies and newbies spanning Billy Idol's classic 'Mony, Mony' and Walk the Moon's 'Shut up and Dance with Me'. What my guests were amazed by is that when they're playing, they never stop between songs - they go straight into the next song, no break. So when they play a 30-40 minute set, they are playing for 30-40 minutes straight, there is not a single moment of silence between songs.

When the band does take a 15 minute break, I recommend letting them do the playlist for the band breaks. One of their band members is essentially acting as a DJ for these 15 minutes and picking songs to play. They do an excellent job picking the songs for the crowd, so let them do their thing and have one less thing to worry about on your wedding day.

Steve is very easy to work with and extremely kind - I highly recommend booking In the Fields for your wedding day!

Seth · Married on 06/24/2017

We received many compliments from those who attended the wedding, with several guests wanting to know who the band was and how we found them. We have been to a few other weddings with live bands since ours and none of them have compared to In the Fields! They were able to play exactly the type of music we requested (and adhered to our no-play list) and kept the dance floor full all night. In the Fields was also timely and professional in their pre-wedding communication, which helps eliminate a lot of stress from the wedding planning process. We will definitely consider In the Fields for any future events!

Amber · Married on 06/03/2017

Thank you so much for playing at our wedding; the ceremony and reception. Thank you for making our day special. In The Fields is beyond amazing. I definitely recommend In The Fields, they do such an amazing job, and have such a good variety of songs.

Tara & Jeff · Married on 05/20/2017

Best money paid for our reception. In the Fields was amazing at our wedding - they exceeded our expectations for a wedding band. Our guest had so much fun at the reception. Steve was so easy to work with from start to finish. There was never a doubt in my mind. I was able to take my time filling out the reception planner and they made sure our reception was perfect. They did an excellent job selecting the songs for our guests to sing and dance along to. I was able to select a few songs I for sure wanted played during the reception, but everything else that they choose was almost like I picked each and every song. Perfect! I remember I was at the other side of the barn talking to my mom at her table during a break and I said "The band should be done with their break soon" and she replied... "Tara, they've been playing for the last 5 minutes" That's how great these guys were!! Steve also performed the music for our ceremony and it was absolutely beautiful. I am SO happy we choose In the Fields!

Joyce · Married on 05/13/2017

Absolutely! Steve was great to work with. He was flexible and gave us a wide variety of music to choose from! Everyone loved dancing and had a great time!

Amy · Married on 04/07/2017

If I would plan my wedding all over again, there is no doubt that I would hire you guys in a heart beat. Best money spent that date, by far! If there was anything higher than a rating of 5 I would have rated it that number!!! You guys are still what people remember from our wedding night, still being brought up to this day (more than 1 year later). You guys were able to flawlessly and effortlessly transition from song to song like true professionals, which is what our wedding guests loved, not to mention the song playlist was unmatched. My husband, myself, and our guests appreciated the variety you provided, from oldies to today's as well as country to rock n' roll. Steve was very prompt with email responses during the initial phase of planning, definitely demonstrating the ability to calm a nervous bride down. All members were very professional in conversation leading up to the wedding day as well as the day of. I felt the music was appropriately loud for guests to sing their hearts out, we could hear all words sang, and easily was able to sing along and dance to the beats. Our venue was on the smaller end (912 Regency Plaza in St. Cloud, MN), and I felt you guys provided the perfect amount of lighting necessary to maintain a darker atmosphere while using various lighting systems/colors to provide the party. I hired you on the spot (never heard you guys live before my wedding day). Best decision :)

Bryly · Married on 02/18/2017

In The Fields is incredible! We had them perform at our wedding reception, all our guests were and still are raving about them! We had a tough crowd to get onto the dance floor but that sure didn't stop them, they transitioned from one song to the next flawlessly. Steve was very prompt with his emails and answered thoroughly any/all questions I had. We've had several guests ask for their information and say how phenomenal these guys are! Fantastic music, great guys and the price is right... What more could one want?! You will not be disappointed!

• O

Olivia · Married on 02/11/2017

BEST WEDDING BAND!
    My husband and I searched for a band that we thought would keep our guests dancing all night, and In The Fields did just that! They are truly an amazing, talented group. They play an excellent selection of music and were able to read our crowd and keep people on the dance floor all night. We received constant compliments through the night on just how much our guests loved them. They were super easy to work with and answered all our questions. We had the lead singer play for our wedding ceremony and he did a beautiful job. This was one of our best decisions of planning our wedding. You won't regret asking In The fields to be a part of your wedding.

We hired In the Fields to play at our reception (7-11pm) and they did an awesome job. Multiple guests commented that they loved the seamless transition between songs. One of my guests also loved that the drums were set up behind a plastic screen of sorts so the drums weren't overpoweringly loud in our smaller reception space. They rocked on even after the floor wasn't very full, and they were fun to have playing while guests chatted in the adjacent room. We let the band do their own thing with very little input from us, and it was so nice to not worry about those details. Everything went without a hitch. We would definitely recommend them.