29 Reviews for Imana Hair Studio

todo alt text
todo alt text
Hair (1)
29 Imana Hair Studio Reviews

Couldn't be happier with my wedding day hair! Skylar is amazing. I was a very laidback bride for everything regarding wedding planning, except for my hair. I am a bit OCD with it - I did multiple trials and was constantly looking at pictures, ideas etc for about 6 months. During the entire process, Skylar was patient, understanding and extremely kind. My hair came out simply BEAUTIFUL thanks to Skylar's magic. Because she's learned the type of hair person I am, she made sure the day of every little thing she did was okay with me, and constantly letting me see everything without getting annoyed (or just hiding it really well - lol). I could not have been happier with my hair, and got compliments all night. It also did not MOVE which was huge, which was the sole reason I had it up so it wasn't in my face or bothering me the entire day. Thank you so much Skylar!

Profile Picture Kelly, 12/16/17, 4 Reviews
Category: Beauty & Health

Skylar and the entire Imana team were absolutely wonderful! My bridal party loved being at the salon and were all very happy with how their hair and makeup came out. As a bride, I could not have had a better experience with both my trials and the day of my wedding! I highly recommend Imana for any wedding or special occasion!

Profile Picture Lauren, 10/29/16, 1 Review
Category: Beauty & Health

I have been with Imana for years for my haircuts, and trusted no one but them for the most important day of my life. My hair (an elegant low, messy bun done by Amy) and my make up (not too over the top, done by Skylar) looked amazing. It lasted the whole day and night. My maid of honor and mom both got their hair and make up done there as well, and looked fantastic. We all received so many compliments. Everyone there did a great job of keeping us calm too! Of all the choices we had to make for the wedding, and all the things that stressed me out, choosing Imana was a no-brainer. I'm so glad we went with them! LOVED IT!!!!

Profile Picture Andrea, 10/22/16, 1 Review
Category: Beauty & Health

I had Skylar and Amanda from Imana Studio come to my house the day of my wedding. Each bridesmaid of mine had their own visions for their hairstyles and Amanda and Skylar brought them all to life! Every bridesmaid was thrilled with their hair! As for me, I completely changed my hairstyle from the trial and Skylar nailed it. Not only was my hair exactly what I had invisuoned, but it also DID NOT MOVE the entire night. My hair looked exactly the same at midnight as it did when she first finished my look. Now that says a lot! Outside of their talent, both Skylar and Amanda were so wonderful to work with. They were both genuinely excited to be a part of my wedding day. Thank you Imana Hair Studio for doing such a beautiful job!

Profile Picture Jessica, 10/14/16, 10 Reviews
Category: Beauty & Health

I used Imana Hair Studio for my wedding which was this past weekend, 9/4/16. They are seriously amazing and I couldn't have made a better choice by choosing them. Amy and Skylar did an AMAZING JOB on everyone's hair. They are both truly so talented and professional as well. Skylar specifically did my hair (I was the bride) and she made me feel so beautiful that day! Don't look any further, you won't be disappointed. I would HIGHLY recommended them! :-)

Profile Picture Randee, 9/4/16, 5 Reviews
Services Used: Hair

Amy and her team were a pleasure to work with! We used Imana for hair and all of us (me, my bridesmaids, my flower girls and my mom) were extremely happy with how our looks turned out. My only compliant was that my hair fell out during the second dance (granted I was jumping around like a mad person) but the clip was dangling from my hair and pieces were falling in my face. The style was EXACTLY what I was looking for so I was happy I had it for pictures and the rest of the night, it still looked good just not as good. Overall, they were professional, friendly and so talented. I felt the prettiest I ever had in my life and so much of that was because of Amy. Highly recommend.

Profile Picture Alyssa, 9/5/15, 9 Reviews
Category: Beauty & Health

Amy and Skylar were on time, communicated well in advance of the wedding, set my hair and make up exactly as it looked in the trial, and did AMAZING WORK! They also did AMAZING work site unseen with my mother (mother of bride) who said she felt "so beautiful." We both received compliments all night on our hair and make up.

Highly recommended!

Profile Picture E, 7/18/15, 2 Reviews
Category: Beauty & Health

Imana Studio definitely played an important role in the success of my wedding day. They were able to accommodate my bridal party of 9 and traveled to the venue. All of my bridesmaids were extremely happy with their services. They made everyone feel comfortable the entire day. My hair and makeup came out perfect! I highly recommend them to style any event.

Profile Picture Michele, 7/11/14, 1 Review
Category: Beauty & Health

I started going to Imana in December 2013. They are completely professional and super personable and friendly. In the past few months, I've had a lot of huge events and they have done my hair for each of them. From cuts, to blow-outs, to updos, each time they surpass the last. I've had different things done by different people, I trust them all, they are all great. Amy, the owner is an absolute perfectionist. You feel very comfortable talking to them about what you want/need done. I did a hair and make-up trial and the day of the wedding, I decided to go a completely different route and they 100% went with it and repeatedly told me if there was something I wanted tweaked or changed...and I took them up on that offer :p. What Amy did to my hair and what Skylar did for my make-up...I really don't even know what to say...I couldn't have dreamed up anything more beautiful! I looked and felt like a million dollars!! I felt like the most perfect bride!!! When my photographer didn't come to the salon, they even used their ipad to capture pictures of me getting ready. I HIGHLY HIGHLY recommend them!!!!!

Profile Picture Jessica, 6/20/14, 8 Reviews
Category: Beauty & Health

Skyler and the girls are a bride's dream team, from my trial to my wedding day I couldn't have asked for better! The staff communicated well and was always courteous. I was the biggest ball of nerves and I hand it to Skyler- not only is she a true professional and amazing make up/hair stylist but she's so sweet, patient and positive. They were at my house very very early, on time and with smiles. My hair looked good, stayed put and did I say looked good? I have very sensitive skin and we tested before applying to see what felt best for me. Imana won me over and I can't wait for a cut and color =)

Profile Picture A, 10/5/13, 2 Reviews
Category: Beauty & Health

I can only say positive things about Imana Hair Studio!! These girls took really good care of me throughout the whole process, from the trials to the final day of the wedding! I had my hair and makeup done by Skylar. She is an absolute sweetheart and made me feel at ease throughout the whole process. For my hair style I wanted extensions and I had gone out the day before to buy some. During the day of the wedding when Skylar was working on my hair, the extensions where getting burnt on the curling iron because it was fake hair. I started freaking out because I wanted my hair to be a certain style. Skylar got one of the girls to go to a nearby beauty store and bought me the right kind of extensions. I was really happy with my hair and makeup. Skylar really did an exceptional job!! I definitely recommend Imana for your wedding needs!

Profile Picture Brianna, 9/28/13, 1 Review
Category: Beauty & Health

To put it simply, Imana is amazing! I believe that getting ready for your wedding day is all part of the wedding day experience and Imana helped make my day perfect. The Imana team not only made me look gorgeous but they made my bridesmaids look beautiful too. The ladies at Imana are not only skilled in beautifying brides for their big day but they are so sweet and so great to be around they make getting ready so much fun. I highly recommend Imana for all your wedding day beauty needs as well as all your hair and makeup needs year round. I never leave Imana Hair Studio not feeling fantastic about my hair or makeup.

Profile Picture Sarah, 9/27/13, 1 Review
Category: Beauty & Health

I can say with confidence that Imana was absolutely fabulous!! I found Imana after my THIRD hair trial and cannot tell you how many compliments I received on my half-up do for my wedding! Amy completely understood the look and feel I was going for on my big day. I also had 12 other women get their hair done and each person looked stunning. Not to mention that everyone's hair stayed ALL day and night long. The team was led by Amy, who was extremely accommodating, friendly and professional. I cannot thank Imana enough for exceding my expectations and helping to make my wedding day absolutely perfect!!

Profile Picture Carley, 9/7/13, 2 Reviews

Wedding Review! - July 5th

I have EXTREMELY thick, hair and Skylar and Sam R. were able to tame my hair and all of my bridesmaids for my wedding. Their work was gorgeous and they were able to meet our every need. I originally went to Skylar for my trial with a bunch of pictures and said, "I want a combination of all of this" and she was able to do it. I couldn't not have been happier with my hair. It was perfect and the curls last so long that after the wedding i took at my updo and wore my curls on the plane to our honeymoon 2 days later. On our wedding day Skylar and Sam traveled to us to get ready in the hotel without a probelm and in fact, they helped us enjoy our morning with a lot of laughs.

All of our makeup also came out perfect. I honestly couldn't believe how great it looked and even though it was about 90 degrees on our wedding day, the airbrush make up didn't budge alllllll day through sweat and tears!

I would HIGHLY recommend this salon to anyone that wants to look their absolute best on their wedding day. We got so many compliments from everyone at the wedding!

Profile Picture User3434195, 2+ years ago, 5 Reviews
Category: Beauty & Health

I can not express how thrilled I was with the services from imana! I had 9 women to get ready for my wedding in June and the team of stylists led by Skylar did everything they could to make each and every one of us look and feel beautiful! The results were breathtaking! Skylar really is an expert at her craft and such a wonderful fun person to have with you on your special day. I have never seen my mothers hair so elegantly done and the up do on my one girlfriend was really cool and intricately done! They were such a headache and worry free part of my wedding planning I would recommend skylar to anyone. Thank goodness my cousin Michelle recommended I meet with them!

Profile Picture User3381000, 2+ years ago, 2 Reviews
Category: Beauty & Health

AMAZING GROUP OF PEOPLE.. Imana staffed was a huge part of making our wedding day perfect. ALL of the girls from my flower girls to grandmother looked amazing.. The have a way of understanding exactly what you want with out even a picture and the most important part it was like just having a group of friends around to help get ready. As professional as they are they also blend right in with the group and make everyone feel comfortable.
It takes a small army to make your BIG day go off with out any problems and Imana was a big part in making it all possible..
My Cousin also used them for her wedding in December and it was the same, you wanted all the girls to stay and enough the wedding with you..
THANK YOU IMANA FOR A AMAZING EXPERIENCE...

Profile Picture T, 3/23/13, 1 Review
0.0

I was negotiating with this place trying to come up with a day for my trial and before we could finalize something they booked they booked my wedding day for somebody else's trial so they kind of undercut me not appreciated I wouldn't recommend going

Profile Picture Karishma, 1/8/13, 1 Review
Category: Beauty & Health

They were great. They did my makeup as well as 6 bridesmaids, 2 flower girls and my mother......they weren't running late and everyone was done on time. Our hair looked beautiful!

Profile Picture M, 1/5/13, 5 Reviews
Category: Beauty & Health

From the moment I met Amy I knew I could trust her with my hair! I've been going to Imana Hair Studio since 2010 when Amy did my hair for a friend’s wedding. It can be scary at times going to someone new especially on someone else’s big day but Amy and the girls made me feel comfortable and did a great job. I immediately scheduled an appointment with Amy and have been a customer ever since. This November was my “Big Day” and I couldn't have been happier with the way things turned out. Amy and the girls arrived on time and ready to tackle 15 hair do’s… EVERYONE was happy with the results and looked amazing! If you are looking for a trendy, professional, friendly salon where you feel welcomed from the minute you walk in the door or just a hairstylist on your Wedding Day definitely consider Amy and the girls at Imana Hair Studio (Nutley, NJ) !!

Profile Picture Cindy, 11/9/12, 1 Review
Category: Beauty & Health

I had been planning my wedding for over a year, had a hair dresser lined up and thought that everything was all set. With just 2 months to go, my hair dresser canceled. Thankfully, I found Imana through Wedding Wire reviews and even more importantly, they were still available. From the first conversation, I experienced nothing other than professionalism. My trial was great. On my actual wedding day, Amy came to do my hair very early. They were super punctual, professional and just had the best attitude. They made me and my bridal party (including moms) look absolutely fantastic. I couldn't be happier!! I'll be switching to Imana for all my hair services. Thanks again Amy!!

Profile Picture Elena, 10/7/12, 7 Reviews
Category: Beauty & Health

I used Imana for my hair and makeup on my wedding day and they were great. Skyler and Mollly came to my house that morning and from the moment they got there to the time they left, they were so professional and great. They made all my girls and my mom look amazing. I knew my hair and makeup would look awesome ever since my trial with them a few months earlier. They were soo cute and friendly. It was sad when they left because we had such a nice time hanging out all morning. Thanks for making us all look so beautiful!

Profile Picture elizabeth, 9/9/12, 3 Reviews
Category: Beauty & Health

I've been going to Amy over the past 10 years and always walked out with the perfect hair. There was no doubt about it that I would use Amy and her staff for hair and make-up for my Wedding Day on 9/2/12. I knew that I could put all my trust in her which helped me to be stress free. Amy and her staff even traveled to the Philadelphia area and was not a minute late. My hair was waist length and she styled it with beautiful long curls with one side up. Even through the humidity, my hair held up and looked great the entire day. All of the bridesmaid's hair and make-up was done exactly how we envisioned it to be. I highly recommend Imana Hair Studio (Nutley, NJ) if you are looking for perfection.

Profile Picture Melanie, 9/2/12, 5 Reviews
Category: Beauty & Health

Amy and the Imana girls did the hair and makeup for our wedding. We had a bridal suite with the entire bridal party there getting their hair and makeup done. Every single woman that used Imana the day of our wedding was so pleased with their services. Amy and the girls traveled to our wedding destination, they were so professional, and made everyone look beautiful. Amy made me feel so beautiful the day of my wedding. I would highly recommend anyone to Imana!

Profile Picture Ashley, 7/13/12, 5 Reviews
Category: Beauty & Health

I booked Imana for my hair and makeup trials and day-of services for my March 25th wedding and I was so happy with the results. Skylar is amazing and really gave me a fresh and hip yet classy and timeless look for my big day! I was very pleased with the airbrush makeup application which lasted through the night and the hair amazingly stayed put the whole night as well! And I danced like crazy!! I was concerned about hair because for my sweet 15, my hair looked so poofy and horrible that I still refuse to look at those pictures, regretfully. So I really wanted to make sure for my wedding day, that wouldn't happen again and Skylar went above and beyond to make it perfect!! It was sleek, shiny and perfect all day and all night!

Profile Picture Jackie, 3/25/12, 6 Reviews
Category: Beauty & Health

Absolute perfection! Amy and her staff of professionals listened to our every need and performed miracles with the hair of the bridal party, moms and bride. The bride chose a style for her bridesmaid for a magazine and Amy and Skyler recreated it with absolute finesse. The staff of this salon are wonderful, sweet, charming woman who make you feel completely at home and absolutely beautiful! I highly recommend using this salon for your bridal needs as well as your day to day hair care. Lorraine Cannici

Profile Picture Lorraine, 10/8/11, 1 Review