Illuminating Celebrations Reviews

37 | San Antonio, TX

37 Reviews for Illuminating Celebrations

Brea · Married on 09/15/2018

Phenomenal, Superb, and Overall a Must-Hire

We decided to go with Rafael for our wedding in September 2018. With no disrespect to our other vendors: Illuminating Celebrations was our vendor MVP. From the process of finding our right music style and mix, to the lighting choices, photobooth addition (a big hit!), and the professionalism of the onsite team, we never had to worry for a single second about anything that was under their control. The music for the night was spot-on, they were accommodating to our requests, and they kept the night going strong. I quite literally can't recommend Illuminating Celebrations highly enough; they are a must-hire!

Lisa · Married on 05/19/2017

Top notch experience all the way! Illuminating Celebrations provided a great soundtrack for our event. The process of selecting music was extremely easy, and they kept the crowd on their feet for the entire event. Their lighting services were phenomenal as well, adding an extra special touch to the venue. They were extremely professional, arriving and setting up ahead of schedule, and were fully ready to go when the guests arrived. I would highly recommend their services.

Victoria · Married on 03/31/2017

Rafael was such a big help in setting up the perfect lighting for the dancing, he followed through with all of my requirements in terms of what songs to play for certain times of the night, and he is very professional. Highly recommend him for anything requiring music!!

John · Married on 11/21/2015

Rafael did an amazing job at our wedding.
    We told him exactly what we wanted and he did just that!
    We got married at the Kendall Plantation and used uplighting, monogram, and his DJing.
    Everything was amazing.

Rafeal was amazing. I did not hire him directly he actually took over the DJ i had hired because he was not able to come the day off. but i was so glad that he was there and not the other guy. He was beyond professional and he actually saved my wedding day with his up lighting that he had. We lost power at my location but he had two computers fully charged and we still had the music that we wanted. I wish i would have hired him before but I am more than happy that he was there for us.

Illuminating Celebrations truly helped to make my wedding day a magical experience. The lighting was extremely unique and personalized. The visual was very impressive and really enhanced the day.The DJ services were very professional and I received several compliments on the quality of the music. Not only that, all my questions and concerns were answered very promptly and with much understanding.

Elise · Married on 12/05/2014

I can't say enough about Illuminating Celebrations!!! There professional staff went above and beyond for our special day. Everyone was entertained from beginning to end and the personal touch of the lights gave the night everything we wanted and more. I couldn't have done this without Rafael and this team.

Rafael and his team did an amazing job as the dj at our wedding. His entire team and setup were so professional. I would recommend this vendor for any occasion 100%. He played the perfect combination of music from the cocktail hour, during dinner and through the last dance of the evening. All my guests commented on how fantastic the music was at our event. Great vendor, super flexible and a great value to help make our occasion the perfect event. We can't say enough great things about Rafael and Illuminating Celebrations.

Rafael was very helpful in all aspects of the DJ & Lighting. He was responsive to emails & gave us good ideas on things we had questions on.

Carol · Married on 10/17/2014

Rafael was so helpful in providing what I wanted in regards to DJ and Lights. He kept up great communication and gave me suggestions based on the information I provided him about the theme of our wedding - I was even able to personalize my own monogram and have him recreate it and display it on the floor! The music selection was great and we never had an empty dance floor. He definitely created a fantastic ambiance with his services :)

Jennifer · Married on 08/09/2014

Rafael was great. The lighting looked perfect and set the mood. He was very helpful and made the whole process extremely easy since we live out of town. He had great suggestions and was very professional. You won't go wrong with Illuminating Celebrations, I highly recommend them.

Sent on 09/28/2014

Illuminating Celebrations's reply:

Thank you Jennifer and Eric for the kind review! I'm glad we were able to make your special day enjoyable and looking amazing!!!

Samantha · Married on 08/02/2014

Rafael was great! Very easy to talk to and always responded quickly to my emails about any questions or concerns. I never found the time to make a music list, but they kept the party going with great music all through out the night. Illuminating celebrations was definitely money well spent for our wedding!

Rebecca · Married on 07/19/2014

I highly recommend Rafael with Illuminating Celebrations. He was easy to work with at my wedding I received a lot of compliments from the lighting. The lighting does everything for the pictures as well as sets the mood! His work is beautiful, affordable, and most of all high quality!! I recommend him! Best investment! My husband and I really were happy with Rafael's work! Thank you so much for making our wedding magical!:)

Mr&Mrs Hernández

Tracy · Married on 12/28/2013

When my husband and I decided to get married at the Southwest School of Art, we were so impressed with how beautiful the venue was that we never thought about lighting...until we saw some pictures online showcasing how Illuminating Celebrations transformed the space. We contacted Rafael and he worked within our budget to provide the intimate ambiance we were hoping for. Rafael was so easy to work with, responsive and professional. The lighting he provided added so much to the overall look and feel of of our wedding, we couldn't be happier with the outcome!

Sent on 01/26/2014

Illuminating Celebrations's reply:

Thank you Tracy! I am glad that I was able to transform your space with light to create an unforgettable environment for your special day! Wishing you & Nate a wonderful Happily Ever After! ...... Rafael ~ Illuminating Celebrations

Bianca · Married on 07/13/2013

Rafael was GREAT!!! His lighting made my wedding even that more beautiful!! He knew exactly where to place the lights and worked within my budget. He had all the latest equipment and was very profession with a friendly touch. I would recommend him to anyone, he did AWESOME!!

Thank you Rafael!! :):)

Jason · Married on 05/11/2013

Rafael was amazing. He uses great technology and lighting to create the perfect ambiance during our cocktail hour and reception. His professionalism and help were invaluable. He did a perfect job choosing playlists based on our answers to his questionnaire. Thank you for helping to make our special day that much more special. HIGHLY RECOMMEND!!

Ruby · Married on 04/27/2013

Raphael and his staff were great to work with. They made the experience a fun and easy process. They played team with the other vendors and created an event that could not have been the same with out them. It was truly a dream come true of an enchanting, fun, romantic and whimsical night for Chris and I. Magical bc of his attention to detail and care for people. Thank you Illumination Celebration for helping to make this girls dream come true! Forever grateful! Ruby Muza Cooley

JP · Married on 02/02/2013

I cant thank Rafael enough at Illuminating Celebrations. First and foremost, the preparation for our wedding was organized, customer oriented and unique. My wife and i truly felt, Rafael was creating an experience catered to us! 2nd of all; days after wedding and we still have our guest talking about the great music. What a great combination ! Thank you so much for making our special day an event to talk about !

• Carlos

Carlos · Married on 12/29/2012

The lighting was done very nice and beautiful for my wedding. The guest and family thought the colors were done perfectly. The owner came to the venue to make sure that the lighting colors were at the right setting. I was very impressed by that.

eunice · Married on 10/26/2012

5 stars, wonderful experience with illuminating celebrations they lit up our wedding and provided a highly energized dj and music services. the party went on the whole night long. rafael was very accomodating and understanding with our needs. very professional and somewhat laid back, we never felt stressed out and didnt worry about anything when it comes to the music, lighting and mood of our wedding. very down to earth, we felt like they were part of our family. my husband did a surprise dance number for me and rafael accomodated the surprise even to the last minute and provided a seamless party experience...highly recommended, do not look anywhere else for dj and lighting services...highly affordable as well.

Carmen · Married on 08/17/2012

Illuminating Celebrations made our wedding a beautiful event that others are still talking about. We are a military couple and our theme focused on patriotic elegance and Rafael successfully achieved that with his lighting ideas and techniques. We had red, white, and blue stars and stripes lighting up the ceiling. The different patterns were beautiful and very classy. All of our special decor and items such as our US Army ice sculpture where highlighted with beautiful lighting techniques. This is a very professional and polite group who will go out of their way to make your event memorable. Seeing our names on the dance floor made my heart skip a beat when I saw them setting up before our event started. I love their ideas and attention to detail. Thank you Rafael and team!!

• Kendra

Kendra · Married on 04/21/2012

They provided BEAUTIFUL lighting for our wedding! At first, I didn't think lighting was necessary but my wedding planner (Audrey Eichelberger, Timeless Beginnings) convinced me that lightening was necessary and I'm so glad we did! Illuminating Celebrations provided the PERFECT lighting and they were very competitive with other lighting companies (but much better in professionalism)! I would recommend them to everyone!

Melissa · Married on 03/03/2012

They can do almost/if not anything your envision for your special day

Christian · Married on 12/31/2011

Rafael and his team provided an unbelievable result! I DJ and emcee weddings and events and have seen many lighting companies, but not one of them could compete with Illuminating Celebrations. I highly recommend the staff, their equipment, and the company to anyone looking for the best lighting and visual design in San Antonio!

Sent on 01/12/2012

Illuminating Celebrations's reply:

This was an awesome wedding! I am glad that I was able to capture your vision! Like I said from day 1 , don't be afraid of red. When done right, it can be spectacular!!! One of the best color combinations I have created and some of the most beautiful photos I have to date.

Kim · Married on 10/15/2011

Rafael was great to work with! Our wedding was in the Memorial Auditorium at the Witte Museum which on its own is let's say Blah but the uplighting provided by Illuminating Celebrations added character and warmth to the room completely transforming it!!