IDL Ballroom Reviews

10 | Tulsa, OK

10 Reviews for IDL Ballroom

Lauren · Married on 04/30/2016

When my now-husband and I walked into the IDL Ballroom for the first time, we both knew immediately that this was going to be The Reception Venue for us. It is a beautiful venue, and Meghan was so fun and easy to get along with. She always made me feel as if I was her number one priority even though she is constantly busy. She was the perfect coordinator and we couldn't have been happier with the way our reception turned out. I have had so many people tell me how beautiful our wedding was and it was largely thanks to Meghan and all of her hard work and planning. I would absolutely use this venue again!

Sent on 05/09/2016

IDL Ballroom's reply:

Thank you Lauren so much for the kind words! We LOVED working with you! Your family and friends were so great throughout the night. What a great party you threw and we can't wait to see you again! (PS Send some honeymoon pics!) <3

Suzanne · Married on 06/20/2015

Awesome venue with great package options which makes planning a lot easier! Meghan, the event planner is awesome at helping you plan your big event! All of my guests raved about how beautiful and fun the venue was. Just amazing! Perfect venue for those who like to have a good time and want a full open bar with bartenders!

Sent on 07/09/2015

Kimberley · Married on 03/16/2013

The IDL Ballroom was the perfect place for my wedding. From day 1 the staff were always easy to work with and helpful. If you are looking for a venue that is modern and unique go with IDL. Meghan and her team worked with me on Event design and helping me find vendors that worked for me. My friends and family had a great time at our wedding, it was perfect.

Sent on 04/01/2013

Becca · Married on 12/13/2012

Megan was very organized and really sweet. We would definitely recommend Megan to help plan and organize weddings or other events. The IDL Ballroom was beautiful with the columns decorated and the crystals hanging down. Thank you Megan!

Sent on 03/23/2013

Bri · Married on 08/20/2011

IDL was the perfect venue for our wedding. The space is not only gorgeous, but totally adaptable to any style. It's sophisticated and glamorous, but was easily toned down to suit our more informal style. This was the first venue I visited, and while I visited others to appease the mothers, I never even considered another. Even my unopinionated husband fell in love with it, when he saw the huge copper bar. The location is ideal, as our guests were able to continue the celebration downtown after our exit. The VIP suite was a perfect place to hang out with our wedding party while we were waiting to be introduced. I can't imagine having had our wedding anywhere else!

Sent on 03/24/2013

My husband and I were looking for a place in Tulsa that was fun, located near downtown and budget friendly. When we found IDL Ballroom we were in love! Right in the heart of downtown, IDL Ballroom encompassed everything we loved about Tulsa. We were able to get the space on short notice (two months) and never had any hidden fees that usually come with reception halls. IDL Ballroom comes with a fully stocked bar, bartenders and security so that you don't have to worry about renting out additional help. We were told the best and most budget friendly places to use for tables, floral arrangements and food. Our event planner did a fantastic job of making sure I had nothing to worry about, except for dancing, on my night. To this day, I still have people telling me that this was the funnest wedding reception that they have ever been to (and I completely agree!!!)

Sent on 03/25/2013

Jacquelyn · Married on 12/13/2014

Meghan Hurley was terrific as she explained brought ideas to the board and designed a package specific to our wishes re: our Christmas themed wedding.
    The staff was professional & responsive during the wedding & ceremony. The venue is beautiful and is great for an evening wedding or reception.
    #HappyBride

Sent on 12/21/2014

Lauren · Married on 09/21/2013

We used IDL Ballroom as our reception venue. We had an excellent reception! Everything went smoothly for the night other than the fact that certain beer ran out early in the night. Meagan was extremely helpful throughout the whole process! we were very happy with the venue and would have it there again!

Sent on 12/04/2013
  • Devin

Devin · Married on 04/21/2012

3.8
      3.0
      3.5

My experience with the IDL was a good one overall. It was great service when my big day came! The girl who runs the place was a little difficult to get ahold of, and my family who set up my reception were disappointed in how she handled the set up, but everything else ran smoothly. I never knew about any of these problems until after the wedding.

Sent on 05/02/2012
  • User2035652 · 2+ years ago

2.6
      2.5
      1.5
      2.5

The only good thing about this venue is the look. At the end of the day, things were set the way they were supposed to be, but overall I was very disappointed with this venue. It was always extremely difficult getting in touch with the manager. Every time she would get back to me or my husband, her excuse was "other events were taking place". I always let this slide thinking that when it was our wedding day, that we would be the priority. This was not the case. On the day of the wedding, my friends/family were given this same excuse as to why things were taking longer than expected. Multiple times myself and those helping with my wedding were spoken to rudely and with negativity. It is a beautiful place, created the atmosphere I envisioned for my wedding day, but definitely at a high price - both monetarily and how you're treated. The wedding industry is a business which means the coordinator should have strengths in the area of public relations. If the venue is truly too busy ... then more people should be hired to accommodate the people paying money for their venue.

Sent on 10/22/2012