Icedgems Baking Reviews

Icedgems Baking 6
  • Clara

Clara · Married on 08/31/2019

Delicious and Adorable Cake/Cupcakes

We loved Icedgems! We go there frequently for cupcakes so it was a no brainer that they would do our wedding cake and cupcakes. We did a top tier of cake with a few tiers of cupcakes. We had 4 different flavors of cupcakes, and our guests raves about all of them. They did delivery and set up for us which was very helpful.

Sent on 09/25/2019
    Icedgems Baking 7
    Icedgems Baking 8
    Icedgems Baking 9

Steve · event on 02/03/2018

Ordered carrot cake with cream cheese icing for my sisters birthday party. The best cake, ever. Period. Award winning.

Sent on 02/04/2018

Brianne · Married on 12/29/2017

My now husband brought me an Icedgems cupcake on our third date, so when it was wedding planning time, I knew where I wanted to get my cupcakes! Because I have a big sweet tooth, I ordered 12 dozen cupcakes in 12 different flavors. Icedgems was able to accommodate such a diverse order and my guests loved the sweet treats! All the chocolate ones were gone immediately and the Strawberries and Champagne were a big hit! Icedgems delivered to my venue, so there was no worries on the day of!

Sent on 01/01/2018

Icedgems Baking's reply:

Thank you Brianne. So glad to hear you and your guest enjoyed everything. We know weddings can be a stressful time, we make it our aim to keep it fun, tasty and enjoyable! Congratulations again!!
  • Kathrine

Kathrine · Married on 03/18/2017

Right from the get go, Brittany had our minds made up that Iced Gems was the place to choose. She and all her staff were very friendly, answered all our questions, and went above and beyond to make this process go smoothly. The flavors are just phenomenal, presentation is fantastic, and the choices are plentiful. She made us feel right at home in her bakery and I can't express enough how much we appreciated the customer service she provided. The cupcakes she offered up for consideration were delicious and we had to go back a second time to figure out the flavors we wanted but Brittany was happy to oblige. We cannot thank Iced Gems enough for making our special day a memorable one!
    P.S. They have a cupcake truck if you want to try them out before you book an appointment! And we really recommend the Maryland Crab!

Sent on 04/12/2017

Icedgems Baking's reply:

Thank you so much for the lovely review. We are so happy everything turned out just the way you wanted it. Congratulations again!

-Brittany

Karen · Married on 10/15/2016

I loved working with Icedgems! The tasting was great and they were easy to work with. I'm glad we were able to have a variety of flavors. They did a great set-up at the venue. I am still receiving compliments on the cupcakes a month later!

Sent on 11/17/2016

Icedgems Baking's reply:

Thank you very much for the positive review! We really appreciate it.

Stephanie · Married on 10/09/2016

I got hooked on iced gems cupcakes when they started coming to my work place and knew even before I met my hubby that I wanted the cupcakes for my wedding. We had an assortment of cupcakes (including vegan ones). My favorites were the maryland crab and apple maple bacon, but they were all superb. My hubby and I had our own small cake for cutting ... tiramisu! ... that we shared with the bridal party. Amazing. Also, the decoration on the "cutting" cake was exquisite.

Sent on 12/09/2016

Icedgems Baking's reply:

Thank you for the review Stephanie. We really enjoyed creating your wedding cutting cake, definitely one for our books!
    -Britany

Holly · event on 09/16/2016

The Icedgems Bakery truck was on the JHU campus for employees today. The cupcakes were delicious and beautiful, very photo worthy. The employee working the truck was very friendly and helpful - great person to have as the faced associated with your company!

Sent on 09/16/2016

casey · Married on 05/07/2016

All of my guest loved our cupcakes at our wedding! I liked that you got to pick a few different flavors for your guests to pick from. They do a great job setting up the cupcakes on a cupcake stand and we where able to have the top tier of our cake to cut too. The owners are really great to work with and love thier job! They let you come in for a tasting and give you about a dozen to taste from if you choose. They are also reasonable priced! So happy we found them!

Sent on 05/17/2016

Icedgems Baking's reply:

Yes, we really do love what we do and pleasing clients like you makes it that much better. Thank you!

Diane · event on 11/14/2015

We ordered a week in advance. After searching around no could do what my daughter wanted. Got to icedgems and showed them a picture of what we wanted they said they could do. Got it in time and looked better then pic we gave. the cake and cupcakes looked awsome and everyone was asking wo did it. Nice job icedgems.

Sent on 11/15/2015

Rebecca · Married on 11/13/2015

I chose IcedGems Baking to make the cupcakes for my wedding. My meeting with Christine was absolutely amazing. She wants you try everything and really be sure of what you want. We tried all kinds of delicious cupcakes and even took some home to help us decide. They have so many different cupcakes go choose from, and every single one was more tasty than the next. Christine created a beautiful table for our receptions, and the cupcakes were super yummy. Honestly, Christine and her husband are two of the nicest people I've ever met, and I'm so happy I chose them to be part of our wedding day.

Sent on 11/16/2015

Katie · Married on 10/02/2015

WOW is all we have to say about Iced Gems! My husband and I opted the cupcake route instead of a traditional wedding cake. We both love cupcakes so much we couldn't decide on just one or 2 flavors! So instead, we settled on 12 flavors of cupcakes from Iced Gems for our 180 guests, and each one was more delicious than the next! From the moment we had our tasting with Christine we knew Iced Gems was going to be our bakery. The service was incredible- always there to answer our questions and cater to our needs- and the cupcakes were to die for. We will have guests telling us they were some of the best cupcakes they have ever had. From the Apple Maple Bacon, to the Raspberry Cheesecake, to the S'Mores and everything in between, we only had a handful left over (and that was because we ran out of take home boxes!). In addition to the cupcakes we purchased a cutting cake which was just as delicious, an apple cinnamon cake to match the fall season. They really took the time to listen to our requests as to how we wanted the cupcakes displayed, and this was executed perfectly- even better than we could have imagined! If you're looking for the best cupcakes around from the nicest people, book Iced Gems today!

Sent on 10/26/2015

Renée · Married on 09/13/2015

I used Icedgems as my baker for my recent wedding. I had been pretty attached to the idea of a traditional wedding cake, until I saw the variety of cupcake flavors and even more so, tasted them. I had a brunch reception and felt the cupcakes would be a great idea because guests could take them home if they were sugared out from waffles and danishes. The day of our wedding the cupcakes were beautifully displayed and our cutting cake was absolutely gorgeous. With very little direction they nailed what I was looking for; actually they surpassed it. The cupcakes were delicious, as I knew they would be and the cake unexpectedly ended up being my favorite! (Coffee coffee is awesome!) Highly recommend Icedgems. Good value and super easy to work with.

Sent on 09/20/2015

Keosha · Married on 08/22/2015

Hello review people! I'm super late with my post. Last August Icedgems created our perfect wedding cake /cupcakes, we also had the cupcake truck. The owners of Icedgems are such sweet people. Our cake and cupcakes came out perfect moist and delicious. All of our guests raved about them all night. My wife and I are pleased we went with them can't wait until the next event. Mrs & Mrs.

Sent on 08/21/2016

Jamie · event on 08/13/2015

Thank you Icedgems for making my first 'cupcake truck' experience amazing! My event coordinator, Addison, was beyond helpful, prompt and courtesy/patient to all of my employees. Not to mention, the cupcakes were amazing! I will be ordering from Icedgems again and again!

Sent on 08/13/2015

Icedgems Baking's reply:

Thanks Jamie we are so glad everyone enjoyed it :)
  • User5195763 · event on 06/21/2015

Great service and very tasty. I ordered a dozen mixed cup cakes for my mothers birthday. They arrived on time and beautifully presented. She was thrilled. Thanks again.

Sent on 06/22/2015

Cate · Married on 05/23/2015

Delicious. Beautiful. Fun. Professional and Kind.

The cakes and cupcakes are mind-blowing. Iced Gems has so many flavors. No matter what you like, they’ll have something for you and you’ll love it. We ended up choosing 7 different cupcake flavors and “over-ordering.” The next day we heard stories of people getting back in line numerous times claiming they were getting more for the children at the party.

The presentation of our cutting cake, the birthday cake for our nieces, and the cupcakes for our guests was of the highest quality. It really made for some beautiful photos.

My husband and I had an outdoor wedding on a family farm and opted to go with the cupcake truck. That way, we didn’t have to worry about a cake being outside for several hours. But also, that way, we had a really fun surprise for our guests. We didn’t tell anyone what our plan was. By 7:30 you could hear people whispering, “did the cake not get delivered?” When the time came, we gathered everyone in the barn, then opened the doors wide open for the big reveal. People absolutely loved it. In the photos, everyone is all smiles.

Christine was so lovely throughout the entire process. We had two tastings and tried over 18 different flavors on both occasions (I highly recommend not eating ahead of time and drinking lots of water). The day of, she and her husband were so much fun and even let us get in the truck.

Looking back, I feel like we should have paid a lot more than we did.

Sent on 05/30/2015

Lindsay · Married on 05/16/2015

My wedding is in May 2015, and we recently went to IG for a tasting. Expecting the typical slivers, we were pleasantly surprised when she laid down a platter of full-sized cupcakes of every flavor and style. My two-year-old daughter was with us, and she accommodated her and made sure we were comfortable. The cupcakes were amazing, and we loved her philosophy: she uses quality ingredients and never charges extra for weddings--what you see is what you get. I was blown away when she gave us two dozen cupcakes to take home and try over time, and even offered to let us come back for a tasting any time without charge. I am so excited to have the truck show up at our event! Loved these guys.

Sent on 12/15/2014

Robyn · Married on 05/16/2015

Iced Gems made our cutting cake and cupcakes for our wedding. They accommodate those that are gluten free (by medical necessity- not choice!) and make absolutely divine cupcakes! We had 6 flavors of gluten free cupcakes at our wedding, and the guests absolutely could not believe they were gluten free. They were so good, that we (the bride and groom) only got to taste 3 of the 6 flavors as they were almost completely gone by the end of the night. We worked with the owner, Christine and she was incredibly kind and understanding about our food allergies. I cannot say enough wonderful things about Christine and the Iced Gems baking crew- they were outstanding!

Sent on 05/27/2015

Jamie · Married on 12/13/2014

Before my wedding and looking on WeddingWire I never knew about Icedgems baking. I will now absolutely never get a cupcake from anywhere else ever! I have never had such an amazing tasting cupcake and everyone loved them. Christine was very professional and responsive and let us taste tons of flavors all of which were amazing! If you found Icedgems baking you would be making a huge mistake passing it by!

Sent on 01/02/2015

Shanna · event on 10/18/2014

Three different kids; three different years; three different cakes. Each cake represented something important to the child. Christine & crew worked with our ideas and made them come to life. Delivery was on time and the cakes tasted and looked great!

Sent on 12/14/2014
  • User4145216 · event on 09/14/2014

Again, you outdid yourself! My family had a surprise 60th Birthday party for me Sunday and after tasting your snickerdoodle cupcakes I had a new favorite. The snickerdoodle cake that you baked and decorated for the beach theme was delicious! And the dolphin cookies to go with it were the best. Thanks again for a job well done!

Sent on 09/15/2014

Teresa · event on 09/14/2014

I love this place ! I had a French toast and vanilla cake it was amazing . Very moist and fresh! Beware this place is addictive . Everyone enjoyed this tasty treat even my Aunt who hates every thing loved this cake. We will be back again and again.

Sent on 09/15/2014
  • I

Ian · Married on 09/13/2014

WOW!

These treats are delicious. I mean, we could go on and on about the quality of the food and the variety of flavors. Christine and her crew were willing to experiment with any flavor combinations we wanted, and they were always available for a conversation. The cupcake truck was a great addition to our event, and guests LOVED it.

What really stands out is their customer service. They are so kind and professional. I only hope we get to do more business with them in the future.

Sent on 09/30/2014

Great cupcakes!! Christine is very generous with tastings. We loved having many different flavors and there were countless options to choose from (we even made our own!). Best value by far. Can't wait for our complementary anniversary cupcakes next year!

Sent on 09/08/2014
  • F

Fran · Married on 07/19/2014

My husband and I were so impressed with our wedding cupcakes from Iced Gems. The cakes are made from local and natural ingredients, which is something that was important to my husband and myself. Christine, the owner of the company is so sweet and so great to work with. She takes so much pride in her work and it shows. There are an infinity amount of interesting flavors, and if you somehow manage to have an idea for a flavor that does not already exist, Christine will create that flavor for you. We had 7 different flavored cupcakes at our wedding and a small cutting cake. Not only was the display beautiful, but the cupcakes tasted amazing. The baker in the family commented that those were the best cupcakes she had ever tasted. We provided to go boxes for guests who wanted to take a cupcake with them, and there were zero cupcakes left over.

Our experience from Iced Gems was excellent from the beginning. The shop is adorable and the tasting was so great and enjoyable. Christine is very knowledgeable and had some great ideas for us. The prices were very reasonable. I am so happy we found Iced Gems and that it is not too far from our home. We will definitely be regular customers.

Sent on 08/13/2014