41 Reviews for Icedgems Baking

Fresh Fruit (2)
Nut Free (1)
Local (1)
31 Icedgems Baking Reviews

Right from the get go, Brittany had our minds made up that Iced Gems was the place to choose. She and all her staff were very friendly, answered all our questions, and went above and beyond to make this process go smoothly. The flavors are just phenomenal, presentation is fantastic, and the choices are plentiful. She made us feel right at home in her bakery and I can't express enough how much we appreciated the customer service she provided. The cupcakes she offered up for consideration were delicious and we had to go back a second time to figure out the flavors we wanted but Brittany was happy to oblige. We cannot thank Iced Gems enough for making our special day a memorable one!
P.S. They have a cupcake truck if you want to try them out before you book an appointment! And we really recommend the Maryland Crab!

Profile Picture Kathrine, 3/18/17, 3 Reviews
Services Used: Consultations, Delivery, Setup, Cakes, Cupcakes, Cake Stands

I loved working with Icedgems! The tasting was great and they were easy to work with. I'm glad we were able to have a variety of flavors. They did a great set-up at the venue. I am still receiving compliments on the cupcakes a month later!

Profile Picture Karen, 10/15/16, 4 Reviews
Services Used: Consultations, Delivery, Setup, Cupcakes, Cake Stands

I got hooked on iced gems cupcakes when they started coming to my work place and knew even before I met my hubby that I wanted the cupcakes for my wedding. We had an assortment of cupcakes (including vegan ones). My favorites were the maryland crab and apple maple bacon, but they were all superb. My hubby and I had our own small cake for cutting ... tiramisu! ... that we shared with the bridal party. Amazing. Also, the decoration on the "cutting" cake was exquisite.

Profile Picture Stephanie, 10/9/16, 19 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

All of my guest loved our cupcakes at our wedding! I liked that you got to pick a few different flavors for your guests to pick from. They do a great job setting up the cupcakes on a cupcake stand and we where able to have the top tier of our cake to cut too. The owners are really great to work with and love thier job! They let you come in for a tasting and give you about a dozen to taste from if you choose. They are also reasonable priced! So happy we found them!

Profile Picture casey, 5/7/16, 5 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

I chose IcedGems Baking to make the cupcakes for my wedding. My meeting with Christine was absolutely amazing. She wants you try everything and really be sure of what you want. We tried all kinds of delicious cupcakes and even took some home to help us decide. They have so many different cupcakes go choose from, and every single one was more tasty than the next. Christine created a beautiful table for our receptions, and the cupcakes were super yummy. Honestly, Christine and her husband are two of the nicest people I've ever met, and I'm so happy I chose them to be part of our wedding day.

Profile Picture Rebecca, 11/13/15, 8 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake
Services Used: Consultations, Delivery, Setup, Cakes, Cupcakes, Gluten Free, Nut Free, Cake Stands

WOW is all we have to say about Iced Gems! My husband and I opted the cupcake route instead of a traditional wedding cake. We both love cupcakes so much we couldn't decide on just one or 2 flavors! So instead, we settled on 12 flavors of cupcakes from Iced Gems for our 180 guests, and each one was more delicious than the next! From the moment we had our tasting with Christine we knew Iced Gems was going to be our bakery. The service was incredible- always there to answer our questions and cater to our needs- and the cupcakes were to die for. We will have guests telling us they were some of the best cupcakes they have ever had. From the Apple Maple Bacon, to the Raspberry Cheesecake, to the S'Mores and everything in between, we only had a handful left over (and that was because we ran out of take home boxes!). In addition to the cupcakes we purchased a cutting cake which was just as delicious, an apple cinnamon cake to match the fall season. They really took the time to listen to our requests as to how we wanted the cupcakes displayed, and this was executed perfectly- even better than we could have imagined! If you're looking for the best cupcakes around from the nicest people, book Iced Gems today!

Profile Picture Katie, 10/2/15, 7 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake
Services Used: Cakes, Cupcakes, Consultations, Delivery, Setup, Gluten Free, Fresh Fruit, Local

I used Icedgems as my baker for my recent wedding. I had been pretty attached to the idea of a traditional wedding cake, until I saw the variety of cupcake flavors and even more so, tasted them. I had a brunch reception and felt the cupcakes would be a great idea because guests could take them home if they were sugared out from waffles and danishes. The day of our wedding the cupcakes were beautifully displayed and our cutting cake was absolutely gorgeous. With very little direction they nailed what I was looking for; actually they surpassed it. The cupcakes were delicious, as I knew they would be and the cake unexpectedly ended up being my favorite! (Coffee coffee is awesome!) Highly recommend Icedgems. Good value and super easy to work with.

Profile Picture Renée, 9/13/15, 3 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

Hello review people! I'm super late with my post. Last August Icedgems created our perfect wedding cake /cupcakes, we also had the cupcake truck. The owners of Icedgems are such sweet people. Our cake and cupcakes came out perfect moist and delicious. All of our guests raved about them all night. My wife and I are pleased we went with them can't wait until the next event. Mrs & Mrs.

Profile Picture Keosha, 8/22/15, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Cake

Delicious. Beautiful. Fun. Professional and Kind.

The cakes and cupcakes are mind-blowing. Iced Gems has so many flavors. No matter what you like, they’ll have something for you and you’ll love it. We ended up choosing 7 different cupcake flavors and “over-ordering.” The next day we heard stories of people getting back in line numerous times claiming they were getting more for the children at the party.

The presentation of our cutting cake, the birthday cake for our nieces, and the cupcakes for our guests was of the highest quality. It really made for some beautiful photos.

My husband and I had an outdoor wedding on a family farm and opted to go with the cupcake truck. That way, we didn’t have to worry about a cake being outside for several hours. But also, that way, we had a really fun surprise for our guests. We didn’t tell anyone what our plan was. By 7:30 you could hear people whispering, “did the cake not get delivered?” When the time came, we gathered everyone in the barn, then opened the doors wide open for the big reveal. People absolutely loved it. In the photos, everyone is all smiles.

Christine was so lovely throughout the entire process. We had two tastings and tried over 18 different flavors on both occasions (I highly recommend not eating ahead of time and drinking lots of water). The day of, she and her husband were so much fun and even let us get in the truck.

Looking back, I feel like we should have paid a lot more than we did.

Profile Picture Cate, 5/23/15, 7 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

My wedding is in May 2015, and we recently went to IG for a tasting. Expecting the typical slivers, we were pleasantly surprised when she laid down a platter of full-sized cupcakes of every flavor and style. My two-year-old daughter was with us, and she accommodated her and made sure we were comfortable. The cupcakes were amazing, and we loved her philosophy: she uses quality ingredients and never charges extra for weddings--what you see is what you get. I was blown away when she gave us two dozen cupcakes to take home and try over time, and even offered to let us come back for a tasting any time without charge. I am so excited to have the truck show up at our event! Loved these guys.

Profile Picture Lindsay, 5/16/15, 7 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

Iced Gems made our cutting cake and cupcakes for our wedding. They accommodate those that are gluten free (by medical necessity- not choice!) and make absolutely divine cupcakes! We had 6 flavors of gluten free cupcakes at our wedding, and the guests absolutely could not believe they were gluten free. They were so good, that we (the bride and groom) only got to taste 3 of the 6 flavors as they were almost completely gone by the end of the night. We worked with the owner, Christine and she was incredibly kind and understanding about our food allergies. I cannot say enough wonderful things about Christine and the Iced Gems baking crew- they were outstanding!

Profile Picture Robyn, 5/16/15, 7 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

Before my wedding and looking on WeddingWire I never knew about Icedgems baking. I will now absolutely never get a cupcake from anywhere else ever! I have never had such an amazing tasting cupcake and everyone loved them. Christine was very professional and responsive and let us taste tons of flavors all of which were amazing! If you found Icedgems baking you would be making a huge mistake passing it by!

Profile Picture Jamie, 12/13/14, 6 Reviews

WOW!

These treats are delicious. I mean, we could go on and on about the quality of the food and the variety of flavors. Christine and her crew were willing to experiment with any flavor combinations we wanted, and they were always available for a conversation. The cupcake truck was a great addition to our event, and guests LOVED it.

What really stands out is their customer service. They are so kind and professional. I only hope we get to do more business with them in the future.

Profile Picture Ian, 9/13/14, 3 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

Great cupcakes!! Christine is very generous with tastings. We loved having many different flavors and there were countless options to choose from (we even made our own!). Best value by far. Can't wait for our complementary anniversary cupcakes next year!

Profile Picture User3490929, 2+ years ago, 4 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

My husband and I were so impressed with our wedding cupcakes from Iced Gems. The cakes are made from local and natural ingredients, which is something that was important to my husband and myself. Christine, the owner of the company is so sweet and so great to work with. She takes so much pride in her work and it shows. There are an infinity amount of interesting flavors, and if you somehow manage to have an idea for a flavor that does not already exist, Christine will create that flavor for you. We had 7 different flavored cupcakes at our wedding and a small cutting cake. Not only was the display beautiful, but the cupcakes tasted amazing. The baker in the family commented that those were the best cupcakes she had ever tasted. We provided to go boxes for guests who wanted to take a cupcake with them, and there were zero cupcakes left over.

Our experience from Iced Gems was excellent from the beginning. The shop is adorable and the tasting was so great and enjoyable. Christine is very knowledgeable and had some great ideas for us. The prices were very reasonable. I am so happy we found Iced Gems and that it is not too far from our home. We will definitely be regular customers.

Profile Picture Fran, 7/19/14, 4 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

Iced Gems provided a cake and cupcakes for my son's wedding on the day of the Taste of Three Cities. They knew it would be a busy weekend for them but still agreed to be our sweet "provider". Everything was great and the cupcakes were delicious!! Everyone enjoyed them. CHEERS to you!!

Profile Picture Debbie, 5/31/14, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Cake

My bridesmaid's ordered cupcakes for my bridal shower and they were delish! I also ordered for a friend's wedding and had a great experience tasting and selecting flavors. They have a variety of flavors - the cookies & cream and raspberry lemonade are my favorite.

The store/shop is small but there is some outside seating.

Profile Picture Brittany, 3/29/14, 5 Reviews
Category: Catering

Absolutely the best choice for our wedding!! We are "Cupcake" people, so there was no doubt going with cupcakes at our wedding on 2/22! A) cupcakes offer more of an option b) they can be taken home if your guests don't want to eat it at the reception and c) its cheaper than stupid dry wedding cake (by the slice!) .
We had a great meeting at the shop and tried a dozen different cupcakes to narrow down our selection. They sent the left overs home with us so we could be sure we chose the ones we liked the best for our wedding. Christine and her staff worked with us to design the "look" of the cupcakes on the stand so it looked uniform, even though we really had 6 different flavors to offer our wedding guests. She used edible silver dusting and little fondant flowers in our wedding colors to spruce up the already gorgeous cupcakes. we had the use of an amazing black stand for our wedding at no charge (deposit made incase it got lost) . On my wedding day, I couldn't have been happier and neither could my guests. My advice, order the " Apple Maple Bacon" (comes with real bacon on top!) for the men coming to your wedding (I renamed it the Man Cave cupcake) and carrott cake & strawberry cheesecake for your ladies. Both are to die for with their cream cheese icing! Thanks to everyone at IcedGems for the best wedding (cup)cake I could have every dreamed of!

Profile Picture Stephanie, 2/22/14, 3 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

My husband and I knew we wanted to have a "cupcake" wedding cake for our reception. We did tastings at several bakeries, many of which specialized in cupcakes or had even been featured on the Food Network, but none of them wowed us - either the icing was too whipped and tasteless or the cake and fillings were too simple.

Not only did Icedgems have the largest variety of the most creative and flavorful cupcakes, but they were visually gorgeous - these were WEDDING cupcakes! The tasting was reasonably priced and we were given so many kinds to try. Everything is made daily, in-house and from scratch, which you can taste in every bite. Our guests are still talking about how beautiful and delicious they were! Also, Christine and her team are so professional and responsive.

Whether you're looking for cupcakes or a traditional cake ( we also had a cutting cake), I highly recommend Icedgems Baking!

Profile Picture Danielle, 10/6/13, 7 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

Working with Iced Gems was one of the best decisions we made while planning our wedding! They were so professional, Christine answered all of my questions right away and was so easy to work with, the cupcakes were DELICIOUS, and everyone enjoyed getting them from the cupcake truck too! They even offer to make you a mini version of your wedding cake on your first anniversary so you don't have to worry about keeping the top tier in your freezer for a year!

Profile Picture Katie, 9/21/13, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Cake

From the moment we got engaged we knew that we wanted to do cupcakes in place of traditional cake. We had our first tasting at iced gems and fell in love with them, not only were the cupcakes to die for, but Christine took the time to go into details with us. We were able to select 5 different flavors so that our guests were able to pick something that they enjoyed. They were a huge hit at our wedding!

Profile Picture Theresa, 11/3/12, 6 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

We chose to have cupcakes for our reception and were so happy with the customer service and quality at Iced Gems. We went for a couple of tastings and every time the cupcakes were amazing. We were even sent home with cupcakes for our friends and family to try. Our guests loved being able to try so many flavors and loved the presentation. IcedGems offers cupcakes at a great value for weddings - I found their pricing to be more competitive than other venues.

Profile Picture Angie, 9/17/11, 5 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

Best cupcakes I have ever tasted and the best price in town! I would highly recommend for wedding cupcakes!

Profile Picture Ashley, 6/25/11, 3 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

Christine is an amazing baker and the number of flavors that you can choose from is incredible! My daughter had a cupcake tower with a small cutting cake and it’s impossible to say which of the five flavors of cupcakes people enjoyed the most. The mint chocolate sundae was a big hit as was the hot chocolate!

Our guests were delighted and surprised when the cupcake truck appeared at the end of the evening serving up the most incredible chocolate chip cookies that you can possibly imagine!

It was a pleasure to work with Iced Gems Baking – and all I can say is that you need to come hungry to the tasting, because it will be hard to resist trying everything!

Profile Picture User4622657, 2+ years ago, 10 Reviews