Ian Martin Wedding Photojournalism Reviews

Ian Martin Wedding Photojournalism 7
  • Molly

Molly · Married on 06/27/2019

Excellent!

My husband and I eloped in Carmel, California. Ian was extremely helpful! He helped us pick a location and time for our ceremony. He was friendly and kind. We would recommend Ian for any of your photo needs!

Sent on 08/18/2019
    Ian Martin Wedding Photojournalism 15

Lynn · Married on 12/24/2018

Ian is "the one"

Look no further Ian is "THE ONE" to hire for amazing natural vibrantly crisp
    photos. He makes your special day stress free by his easy going fun personality. His knowledge of what to do and where to go makes every detail come out in the photos naturally. The photos of our wedding on 11.10.18 from Ian exceeded all of our expectations. Thanks again Ian!!!

Sent on 12/24/2018

Ross D Elliott · Married on 10/02/2018

Magical Wedding Photography

Ian perfectly captured our special intimate wedding ceremony overlooking Point Lobos. Ian was wonderful to work with and I would recommend. He had a lot of experience and knowledge, and took us to a few magical local locations. We love our photos and the day worked out perfectly!

Sent on 11/18/2018
  • Joe

Joe Peltier · Married on 09/21/2018

Highly Recommended!

Of all the vendors we hired for our wedding, hiring a photographer was the toughest task for us because there were so many good ones to chose from, and we really cared about getting photos that captured both the look and feel of our wedding day. Ian was fantastic and was just what we were looking for.

From the start, Ian was great with communication, responding promptly and clearly via email and making time to meet with us in-person at his studio.

On the day of the wedding, he was friendly, patient, and fun to spend time with. He was prompt and accommodating as we corralled our large families for pre-wedding portraits at a beautiful spot on the coast that Ian picked out. We actually finished early! And when we did, he took us to another spot up in the Monterey Pine forests nearby for an impromptu photo session with just the two of us. Which was kinda magical.

As for the wedding itself, Ian did a great job of capturing the essence and "story" of the day through lots of candid photos (which is what we wanted!). And when we needed him for a posed group shot, he was there in a flash. We are very pleased with how all the photos turned out. Thank you, Ian!

Sent on 11/21/2018

Rebecca · Married on 06/18/2018

Ian's photos of our Big Sur wedding are incredible and we could not be happier with them. He perfectly captured our special day and knew exactly where to take us on Post Ranch Inn's property to capture amazing backdrops. Most importantly, his calm, kind demeanor made my husband and I feel comfortable enough to share something so intimate with him. He sent us our photos in a timely manner, and even included more than was in the described package.

Sent on 07/23/2018

Katie · Married on 04/27/2018

I loved working with Ian. Our wedding was a destination wedding so everything was planned from a distance. Ian and I emailed to plan everything and he was extremely responsive. He responded within 24 hours to all my of my questions. My first time meeting Ian was actually on our wedding day and he was fantastic to work with. We had created a list of photos that I wanted and he ensured to capture everyone. He had photographed at our venue before and knew all the best spots! We were very happy with the quality of service on the wedding day and after. We received our wedding photos in 5 weeks and are extremely happy with the photos. I'd definitely recommend working with Ian :)

Sent on 06/17/2018

J · Married on 01/26/2018

Ian is fantastic - professional and serious at appropriate times but also approachable and fun. There were the traditional poses but also candid shots capturing moments of our day that otherwise would be impossible to describe. Most importantly the photographs are works of art. They somehow become even more beautiful every time we look at them.

Sent on 03/13/2018

Jeff · Married on 12/16/2017

Very easy to work with and his photos tell a story and are not just snapshots. He is really fun to work with

Sent on 01/04/2018

Cate · Married on 10/28/2017

Ian was amazing. It's important for me to meet our vendors in person and have a strong rapport with them before the actual wedding day. Ian took the time to meet with my fiance, sister and myself and ensured we had our list of "must have" photos. Day of the wedding, Ian was professional, fun to work with and easy going. Everyone in our wedding party and family really enjoyed working with him. The photos turned out fantastic and we can't wait to have some up on our wall! Thank you Ian and hope to work with you again in the future.

Sent on 11/24/2017

Mark · Married on 10/28/2017

Ian was easygoing but professional and blended in to the day and event beautifully. It was a pleasure discussing what we were interested in beforehand and being with him on the day. And, most importantly, he created some great photos!

Sent on 12/11/2017

Aimee · Married on 09/23/2017

Ian is a class act. We're so glad that we chose him. This was actually one of the first vendors that we booked because it was so important for us to have a high quality photographer. We met with Ian at his studio in Carmel and were immediately impressed by his ease and professionalism. We really felt like he offered us an impressive package for a very good price. On the day of our wedding, we understood exactly what Ian meant about being "unobtrusive." There are so many moments that we didn't even know where he was and yet the photos show that he was in the middle of the action. That is the sign of a great photographer. We want to capture those unscripted moments and are very happy with the results. As a LGBTQ couple, we wanted someone who we felt comfortable and ourselves with and I think Ian was a great choice for us. We highly recommend him!

Sent on 11/22/2017
    Ian Martin Wedding Photojournalism 16

Mike · Married on 08/13/2017

When planning a wedding, most try and cut costs and delegate to family/friends to keep the price down. There are a few items that need to as planned like the food, DJ, and of course photographer. There are no retakes down the road if the photographer gets bad pictures.
    After sifting through recommendations and wedding websites, I found Ian Martin's site, after looking over his website and reading reviews, we knew he was the only one we wanted to photo our wedding.
    Ian responds quickly to emails and called me to confirm the details, we set up a meeting a month before the wedding to discuss the big day. Ian was very easy to talk to and asked great questions to get a feel for the people attending and pictures we wanted.
    On the big day he bounced around the venue getting pictures of the setup, my wife and I getting ready and more.
    His pictures of the ceremony, family pics after, and the reception were beautiful and truly perfect!
    Another reason we chose Ian was he offered several photo packages and time options, along with all the full size pictures online which you can download, with the option to purchase prints from him if you choose. He does not charge per picture like other photographers.
    We can't say enough good things about his photography skills, and will recommend him to anyone looking for a photo journalist!

Sent on 09/27/2017
    Ian Martin Wedding Photojournalism 17

Meagan · Married on 07/30/2017

My now husband and I were seeking a wedding photographer that would deliver us technically excellent photographs with a casual, in-the-moment feel. We looked through several photographers' portfolios and were so grateful when we found Ian. We hired Ian for his candid shots and his ability to capture the feeling and movement in an event. Many guests from our wedding reached out to say that he "seemed to be everywhere" and that he "had a great sense of humor and captured everything!" Ian's photos were absolutely everything we were looking for and we could not have asked for a more pleasant person to work with. Thank you, Ian.

Sent on 09/22/2017

Samantha · Married on 07/21/2017

If you're looking for a wedding photographer, look no further! Ian is the one! We are so happy that Ian captured our big day. He's extremely professional, a cool guy, easy to talk to and work with, he definitely knows what he's doing. We are blown away at how amazing our photos are, we couldn't be happier! Thank you Ian!

Sent on 09/14/2017

Brook · Married on 06/17/2017

Ian shot our wedding in June. I have nothing but amazing things to say about his service and professionalism. Not only are we in love with the shots but he added so much to our day. From protecting my bridal party from an unwanted visitor to ensuring my groom and I had champagne in our pictures, Ian did it all! Thank you for helping us make memories (and photos) that will last a life time.

Sent on 09/06/2017

Gaston · Married on 02/12/2017

Ian was just amazing! Thanks for your job!!!

Sent on 02/14/2017

Nicole · Married on 11/03/2016

We would HIGHLY HIGHLY encourage anyone looking for an amazingly talented photographer to work with Ian. Not only is he a super skilled professional with an artistic eye, Ian is such a nice person--he is a warm, happy presence to have share in your special moment/occasion. We were so blessed to have him work with us. Kelly and I could not have asked for more; Ian gifted us with photos that captured our dream elopement perfectly. Thank you Ian!

Sent on 01/09/2017

Ashley · Married on 10/01/2016

Ian Martin is an incredible wedding photographer (what more needs to be said?). After previewing his impressive portfolio online, my husband and I agreed that we wanted/(NEEDED) him to capture our wedding day at the Hyatt Carmel Highlands. Suffice to say, we were not disappointed. It was nearly impossible to select our favorite shots for the wedding album because he took so many amazing photos. From breathtaking images of our ceremony at sunset over Big Sur to artful photos of our reception (dancing, cake cutting, toasts), we were overwhelmed with beautiful, timeless memories. Thank you so much, Ian!

Sent on 07/26/2017

Constance · Married on 09/25/2016

In addition to being a gifted photographer, Ian was a pleasure to work with both before and during our daughter's wedding in September. He listened to what we wanted, and followed through with wonderful photos of the day, both posed and candid. Our daughter initially didn't want a photographer, as she thought of them as intrusive. Ian proved her wrong on that point. He was very good at blending in with the group and capturing memorable moments without being noticed. But when asked, he was able to get people together quickly and make everyone fell comfortable for some great portraits. His photographs turned out beautiful, and we were all very impressed, especially given the middle of the day bright lighting he had to deal with much of the time. Ian is friendly, flexible, professional and very talented. I would highly recommend him.

Sent on 12/01/2016

Tom · Married on 07/26/2016

A true professional and all around great guy. The photos were more than we could've ever asked for. Captured the beauty of our California wedding in ways that only incredible could define.

Sent on 10/08/2016

Viktoria · Married on 06/20/2016

The moment I clicked onto Ian's website while looking for a photographer for our intimate elopement in the redwoods of Big Sur, I knew we had found our photographer-all his photos were relaxed, natural and outdoorsy, just plain gorgeous! He was responsive and great in communicating with and getting everything set up for the big day. Even though we weren't able to meet with him before the day of the wedding, we felt totally comfortable with him immediately. He captured beautiful shots of us getting ready and knew the area very well, even took us down to beautiful Pfeiffer Beach and got some amazing photos there! He had loads of ideas, was passionate, and friendly.

We could not be happier with the photographs and we have had so many comments of how he captured the happiness and love of our wedding!

Thank you Ian! Viktoria and Cris

Sent on 08/23/2016

Tina · Married on 11/22/2015

Ian was wonderful to work with. He was patient, professional, and captured the day beautifully. His style fit ours perfectly and I highly recommend him. The photos are amazing.

Sent on 12/15/2015

Sara · Married on 10/25/2015

I am so grateful that I found Ian, who was available to photograph our wedding at Pebble Beach. He is an absolute pleasure to work with - he was response, flexible to our needs, attentive and a joy to be around. Above all else, his work speaks for itself. When I first went onto Ian's website, I knew he was a superb photographer. I loved his style, candid photography and use of light. He was definitely our first choice. But, just to be sure, I also interviewed a couple other photographers and a few things stood out to me. First, I found Ian to be more flexible than other photographers. He customized a package that was exactly what we wanted - everything from the actual images we'd received to the number of spots he would take us to after the ceremony (along 17-mile Drive). Second, with Ian - what you see is what you get. Since we were having a smaller ceremony, a lot of other photographers said they would send their assistants or partners out to our wedding. I think it's imperative to know exactly who is photographing your wedding. While Ian's prices are very reasonable, this was an area that I was willing to spend more on. These photos represent the memories that will last a lifetime. I truly can not be more happy with the photos that Ian has gifted me with... they are absolutely phenomenal and I am confident that this is because of Ian. His reviews on this website speak for themselves, as do his photos. Without hesitation, I would recommend Ian over and over again.

Sent on 12/03/2015

Ian was a flat-out fantastic photographer -- we could not have asked for anything more! He was a great communicator both before and after we signed our contract and was responsive to follow-up questions after our wedding. Though we gave him little direction -- only a set of desired family photos -- he produced an incredible set of photos that told the 'story' of our wedding. He captured many amazing moments throughout our wedding and reception, and impressively did so very discreetly -- we hardly noticed him! He has a very unique and classy photography style and was a great to interact with. Therefore, we highly recommend Ian as a photography vendor!

Sent on 05/16/2016

Christine · Married on 09/15/2015

Ian did an amazing job with our wedding photos. He was extremely professional, flexible, attentive, and considerate. His photos were so amazing that now many of our friends are considering getting married at the same venue (Post Ranch Inn at Big Sur, CA) just to get photos like the ones Ian captured with us.

Sent on 10/31/2015