70 Reviews for Ian Martin Wedding Photojournalism

Digital Files (5)
Prints (3)
Albums (2)
Proofs (1)

Ian is fantastic - professional and serious at appropriate times but also approachable and fun. There were the traditional poses but also candid shots capturing moments of our day that otherwise would be impossible to describe. Most importantly the photographs are works of art. They somehow become even more beautiful every time we look at them.

Profile Picture J, 1/26/18, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Very easy to work with and his photos tell a story and are not just snapshots. He is really fun to work with

Profile Picture Jeff, 12/16/17, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Ian was amazing. It's important for me to meet our vendors in person and have a strong rapport with them before the actual wedding day. Ian took the time to meet with my fiance, sister and myself and ensured we had our list of "must have" photos. Day of the wedding, Ian was professional, fun to work with and easy going. Everyone in our wedding party and family really enjoyed working with him. The photos turned out fantastic and we can't wait to have some up on our wall! Thank you Ian and hope to work with you again in the future.

Profile Picture Cate, 10/28/17, 2 Reviews
Services Used: High-Res Images, Digital Files

Ian was easygoing but professional and blended in to the day and event beautifully. It was a pleasure discussing what we were interested in beforehand and being with him on the day. And, most importantly, he created some great photos!

Profile Picture Mark, 10/28/17, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Ian is a class act. We're so glad that we chose him. This was actually one of the first vendors that we booked because it was so important for us to have a high quality photographer. We met with Ian at his studio in Carmel and were immediately impressed by his ease and professionalism. We really felt like he offered us an impressive package for a very good price. On the day of our wedding, we understood exactly what Ian meant about being "unobtrusive." There are so many moments that we didn't even know where he was and yet the photos show that he was in the middle of the action. That is the sign of a great photographer. We want to capture those unscripted moments and are very happy with the results. As a LGBTQ couple, we wanted someone who we felt comfortable and ourselves with and I think Ian was a great choice for us. We highly recommend him!

Photo for Ian Martin Wedding Photojournalism Review - Ian Martin Photojournalism
Profile Picture Aimee, 9/23/17, 3 Reviews
Services Used: Albums, Digital Files, Prints, High-Res Images

When planning a wedding, most try and cut costs and delegate to family/friends to keep the price down. There are a few items that need to as planned like the food, DJ, and of course photographer. There are no retakes down the road if the photographer gets bad pictures.
After sifting through recommendations and wedding websites, I found Ian Martin's site, after looking over his website and reading reviews, we knew he was the only one we wanted to photo our wedding.
Ian responds quickly to emails and called me to confirm the details, we set up a meeting a month before the wedding to discuss the big day. Ian was very easy to talk to and asked great questions to get a feel for the people attending and pictures we wanted.
On the big day he bounced around the venue getting pictures of the setup, my wife and I getting ready and more.
His pictures of the ceremony, family pics after, and the reception were beautiful and truly perfect!
Another reason we chose Ian was he offered several photo packages and time options, along with all the full size pictures online which you can download, with the option to purchase prints from him if you choose. He does not charge per picture like other photographers.
We can't say enough good things about his photography skills, and will recommend him to anyone looking for a photo journalist!

Photo for Ian Martin Wedding Photojournalism Review - I resized the image to post, full size is clear and crisp.
Profile Picture Mike, 8/13/17, 1 Review
Category: Photography

If you're looking for a wedding photographer, look no further! Ian is the one! We are so happy that Ian captured our big day. He's extremely professional, a cool guy, easy to talk to and work with, he definitely knows what he's doing. We are blown away at how amazing our photos are, we couldn't be happier! Thank you Ian!

Profile Picture Samantha, 7/21/17, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Ian shot our wedding in June. I have nothing but amazing things to say about his service and professionalism. Not only are we in love with the shots but he added so much to our day. From protecting my bridal party from an unwanted visitor to ensuring my groom and I had champagne in our pictures, Ian did it all! Thank you for helping us make memories (and photos) that will last a life time.

Profile Picture Brook, 6/17/17, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Ian was just amazing! Thanks for your job!!!

Profile Picture User5313145, 1+ year ago, 12 Reviews
Services Used: High-Res Images

We would HIGHLY HIGHLY encourage anyone looking for an amazingly talented photographer to work with Ian. Not only is he a super skilled professional with an artistic eye, Ian is such a nice person--he is a warm, happy presence to have share in your special moment/occasion. We were so blessed to have him work with us. Kelly and I could not have asked for more; Ian gifted us with photos that captured our dream elopement perfectly. Thank you Ian!

Profile Picture Nicole, 11/3/16, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Ian Martin is an incredible wedding photographer (what more needs to be said?). After previewing his impressive portfolio online, my husband and I agreed that we wanted/(NEEDED) him to capture our wedding day at the Hyatt Carmel Highlands. Suffice to say, we were not disappointed. It was nearly impossible to select our favorite shots for the wedding album because he took so many amazing photos. From breathtaking images of our ceremony at sunset over Big Sur to artful photos of our reception (dancing, cake cutting, toasts), we were overwhelmed with beautiful, timeless memories. Thank you so much, Ian!

Profile Picture Ashley, 10/1/16, 2 Reviews
Services Used: Albums, Digital Files, Prints, Proofs, High-Res Images

In addition to being a gifted photographer, Ian was a pleasure to work with both before and during our daughter's wedding in September. He listened to what we wanted, and followed through with wonderful photos of the day, both posed and candid. Our daughter initially didn't want a photographer, as she thought of them as intrusive. Ian proved her wrong on that point. He was very good at blending in with the group and capturing memorable moments without being noticed. But when asked, he was able to get people together quickly and make everyone fell comfortable for some great portraits. His photographs turned out beautiful, and we were all very impressed, especially given the middle of the day bright lighting he had to deal with much of the time. Ian is friendly, flexible, professional and very talented. I would highly recommend him.

Profile Picture Constance, 9/25/16, 2 Reviews
Category: Photography

A true professional and all around great guy. The photos were more than we could've ever asked for. Captured the beauty of our California wedding in ways that only incredible could define.

Profile Picture Tom, 7/26/16, 1 Review
Category: Photography

The moment I clicked onto Ian's website while looking for a photographer for our intimate elopement in the redwoods of Big Sur, I knew we had found our photographer-all his photos were relaxed, natural and outdoorsy, just plain gorgeous! He was responsive and great in communicating with and getting everything set up for the big day. Even though we weren't able to meet with him before the day of the wedding, we felt totally comfortable with him immediately. He captured beautiful shots of us getting ready and knew the area very well, even took us down to beautiful Pfeiffer Beach and got some amazing photos there! He had loads of ideas, was passionate, and friendly.

We could not be happier with the photographs and we have had so many comments of how he captured the happiness and love of our wedding!

Thank you Ian! Viktoria and Cris

Profile Picture Viktoria, 6/20/16, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Ian was wonderful to work with. He was patient, professional, and captured the day beautifully. His style fit ours perfectly and I highly recommend him. The photos are amazing.

Profile Picture Tina, 11/22/15, 1 Review
Services Used: High-Res Images, Digital Files

I am so grateful that I found Ian, who was available to photograph our wedding at Pebble Beach. He is an absolute pleasure to work with - he was response, flexible to our needs, attentive and a joy to be around. Above all else, his work speaks for itself. When I first went onto Ian's website, I knew he was a superb photographer. I loved his style, candid photography and use of light. He was definitely our first choice. But, just to be sure, I also interviewed a couple other photographers and a few things stood out to me. First, I found Ian to be more flexible than other photographers. He customized a package that was exactly what we wanted - everything from the actual images we'd received to the number of spots he would take us to after the ceremony (along 17-mile Drive). Second, with Ian - what you see is what you get. Since we were having a smaller ceremony, a lot of other photographers said they would send their assistants or partners out to our wedding. I think it's imperative to know exactly who is photographing your wedding. While Ian's prices are very reasonable, this was an area that I was willing to spend more on. These photos represent the memories that will last a lifetime. I truly can not be more happy with the photos that Ian has gifted me with... they are absolutely phenomenal and I am confident that this is because of Ian. His reviews on this website speak for themselves, as do his photos. Without hesitation, I would recommend Ian over and over again.

Profile Picture Sara, 10/25/15, 4 Reviews
Category: Photography

Ian was a flat-out fantastic photographer -- we could not have asked for anything more! He was a great communicator both before and after we signed our contract and was responsive to follow-up questions after our wedding. Though we gave him little direction -- only a set of desired family photos -- he produced an incredible set of photos that told the 'story' of our wedding. He captured many amazing moments throughout our wedding and reception, and impressively did so very discreetly -- we hardly noticed him! He has a very unique and classy photography style and was a great to interact with. Therefore, we highly recommend Ian as a photography vendor!

Profile Picture User5588349, 2+ years ago, 2 Reviews
Category: Photography

Ian did an amazing job with our wedding photos. He was extremely professional, flexible, attentive, and considerate. His photos were so amazing that now many of our friends are considering getting married at the same venue (Post Ranch Inn at Big Sur, CA) just to get photos like the ones Ian captured with us.

Profile Picture Christine, 9/15/15, 1 Review
Services Used: Digital Files, Prints

Ian Martin was chosen to photograph our Carmel wedding after evaluating many photographers online. After one interview we were satisfied with the decision finding Ian to be relaxed, friendly, responsive, inquisitive, and professional. His work during the wedding went fluently and he took us to an amazing location to do beach photos for an hour after the wedding. We were very satisfied with the quality and style of the wedding photos after they were delivered to us. All in all, we are exceptionally satisfied with Ian Marting Wedding Photojournalism and would recommend him highly.

Profile Picture Steve, 7/18/15, 2 Reviews
Category: Photography

I chose Ian Martin to photograph my daughter's wedding on June 12, 2015 at the Brazilian Room in Tilden Park (Berkeley, CA) and am so glad I did! Since the bride's father could not attend the wedding it was so important to hire a photographer that could capture the people and emotions of this blessed day. Ian did not disappoint! Out of several photographers I reviewed and interviewed, Ian was an obvious choice. His style of photography and his gentle and easy going manner made him so easy to work with and the finished photos are gorgeous! Several different people told me separately that they actually felt they attended the wedding after looking at the pictures. You could just feel the emotions pouring out of the photos. This just confirmed what I hired him for! Ian was very professional throughout the entire process. He arrived early and even stayed a bit longer to capture some important moments that got pushed out to later in the day. Thank you so much Ian! If you hire Ian Martin, you will be so glad you did.

Profile Picture User5129444, 2+ years ago, 4 Reviews
Category: Photography

We could not have been more pleased with Ian! We flew into Carmel from out of town and I just happened to stumble upon his website. I had a different photographer lined up already, but once I saw Ian's website, I knew he was the one for us! Due to rain, we had to scramble at the last minute to find an alternative location and Ian could not have been more calm and flexible. Once the rain let up, I really wanted to go to the beach to get some shots by the water (the origional plan was to get married on Carmel city beach). I had asked about going there and instead Ian recommended a secluded, rocky beach with huge crashing waves. I trusted his judgement and I am SO glad that I did!! The pictures were AMAZING. You will not regret using Ian!

Profile Picture User5224208, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Photography

We were looking for a wedding photojournalism type of photographers. We did some extensive research and could not quite find the photographer we wanted. A friend of ours mentioned Ian - and it was clearly a great fit for us. We looked at Ian's portfolio and we knew instantly he was the one. Ian is extremely professional, responsive, flexible and discreet: our wedding photos are gorgeous, fun and beyond our expectations. Thanks to him we are able to relive our epic day (because it does go in a blink!). We have no hesitation in recommending him. Two words: HIRE HIM!.

Profile Picture Sabine, 4/25/15, 2 Reviews
Category: Photography

It is said that a picture is worth a thousand words. That depends on the photographer. Some pictures are worth four words: here is my friend, here is the ocean. Ian Martin writes poems with his photos. As our wedding photographer, he managed to both document our special day and capture and highlight all the emotions of the day. He also managed to get almost all 85 guests in pictures and very efficiently wrangled all the wandering relatives for the posed group shots. In all the festivity, we somehow managed to not get a picture of our wedding rings on our hands, and he scheduled an additional session in his studio to add those shots.

Profile Picture Kathy, 4/18/15, 3 Reviews
Category: Photography

We were married at Holman Ranch on 4/11/15, and Ian was our photographer. This was one of our biggest decisions when planning; we met with 6 different photographers! I was instantly comfortable with Ian. Before meeting him, I had myself convinced that I needed two photographers to get the coverage I was looking for, however Ian changed my mind on this and I couldn't be happier. He did such a wonderful job and captured the day perfectly! He was very quick and responsive during the planning process and explained everything. We also wanted to actually attend our cocktail hour, and Ian made this happen! He got us through the formal photos and we had 30 minutes to mingle with our guests. My favorite thing about Ian is his photojournalistic style. I believe our photos came out so much more natural because he was able to catch the essence of our day with the 'in the moment' photos. We loved all of the photos! We are having a hard time selecting the photos for the album since they are all perfect! Can't recommend him enough! If you are planning your wedding from afar as we did, he is perfect in this regard also - very reachable!

Profile Picture User4110516, 2+ years ago, 6 Reviews