Hype Entertainment Reviews

• WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2018 Winner

• Shaye
    Shaye A. Getting married on 01/07/2024

Marcus is the best!

If we are even thinking of hosting an event we first check with Marcus and his availability. He makes the party and is amazing to work with up until the event too. Even in Covid times he worked with our group that had to be cut to 25 and made it just as much fun as the 300 person group he had DJ'd for us 3 years prior. Even with a small group he brought the same energy and ability to make everyone dance and have fun. You will not go wrong hiring him!
  • Ashley
    Ashley H. Getting married on 09/04/2022

DJ Hype is worth The Hype

Marcus (DJ Hype) was extremely communicative and I believe would have been amazing on my Wedding day. Unfortunately, I had a very difficult circumstance arise but he was gracious and worked through it with me. The next time I need a DJ, DJ Hype will be my FIRST choice. Great human being, kind, sincere and has your best interest at heart. Highly recommend.
  • illustration stars

Are you interested?

Send a message
    Nicole C. Married on 07/16/2022

Phenomenal Experience

Marcus is a top notch professional who really helped make the entire wedding a polished and fun experience. MC for the entire event. Steadfast under pressure and even when we had a minor delay due to a medical emergency kept the guests informed and the wedding party calm. Kicked off the party and kept everyone engaged. Photo booth was a hit! We loved all the props. Do yourself a favor and hire this team!
    Ghislaine B. Married on 07/09/2022

Greatest dj ever

Marcus is much more than just a phenomenal DJ, but he's a great person. It rained on my wedding day and Marcus was so flexible that he was there when my wedding had to be moved up by over an hour. He provided amazing entertainment. Every guest I had raved about him and how much fun they had because of him. He makes sure the reception is comfortable, organized and enjoyable for everyone attending. We couldn't have asked for a better person and I can't recommend him enough.
    Regina Married on 06/12/2022

Dial up the fun!

DJ Hype was an amazing DJ choice for out wedding. DJ Hype played a great selection of music, all of our requests, and traditional/cultural music. He even came from behind the DJ booth, very engaging with our guests. Lighting added to the overall ambiance and photo booth was a hit.
    Nancy M. Married on 06/11/2022

Graduation Party

Amazing DJ always gets everyone up and dancing. Superb service as always♥️
  • Scott
    Scott S. Married on 06/05/2022

Cancelled due to the CoronaVirus

We were so excite to have booked Marcus for our wedding day, May 30, 2020 after all of the great recommendations we heard about him... Sadly due to the CoronaVirus outbreak we were forced to cancel our big day. I contacted Marcus and he was more that accommodating. Although he did not have to, our full deposit was refunded instead of going by the contract guidelines. Once all this insanity subsides and we revisit scheduling our reception, we are definitely going to be reaching back out to hire Marcus!!!!
  • Katie
    Katie T. Married on 05/29/2022
      5.0 out of 5 rating

Top-Notch DJ & Photo booth Team!

AMAZING DJ & Photo booth team! Very easy to work with, quick to respond & fun personalities that make them extremely likable. You could tell they enjoyed what they do and they even got out there to show our guests some moves!! They were punctual and the uplighting they provided really brought our venue up a notch. We could not have been happier with Hype Entertainment and strongly recommend using them! :)
  • Maria
    Maria B. Married on 05/28/2022

Book him now!

I am very type A and particular and DJ Hype met all my needs and more. He was able to provide mic system for my ceremony and then transitioned to cocktail hour and then reception/party. It was wonderful and all our guests raved about the fun music. He really did exactly what I asked (in my long lengthy email LOL)... all said and done, 10/10
  • Amy
    Amy O. Married on 05/20/2022

Awesome!!!

DJ hype was amazing!!! Super attentive and was so responsive to requests and the crowds vibes. We had the best night of our lives at our wedding and a lot of that was due to DJ hype! Can’t recommend enough!
    Samantha M. Married on 05/14/2022

Sam & Kyle

We have had so many people say that our wedding was so much fun and Marcus, “DJ Hype” was a huge part of that! So many guests have reached out and complimented DJ Hype saying he was one of the best DJs they’ve seen at a wedding, and we couldn’t agree more!! Marcus and his wife set up and worked together like a well oil machine, and did a great job at keeping the ceremony and reception organized and FUN. He plays music based off the energy of the guests, is interactive with the crowd, and takes requests. His transitions between songs were also seem less to keep the energy up 100% of the time. Our wedding was the best party we’ve ever been to and that wouldn’t have been the case without Marcus. This is a long review but I can’t say it enough: He is THE BEST! Very communicative, organized, helpful, and easygoing. Also get his photo booth, too! For the best DJ in the obx and a photobooth you can’t beat his price either!!!
  • Tiffany
    Tiffany P. Married on 05/14/2022

Amazing DJ! No Regrets!

We hired Hype Entertainment through our wedding planner, Baxter Creative Events. I'm going to be honest, I was little scared at the time of signing the contract with our planner because I had no additional information on DJ Hype and Hype Entertainment. However after reading his 5 star reviews on WeddingWire, I knew we were good hands. For our ceremony, he took a bit of a creative license on the wedding party processional music and it was perfect! I didn't want something traditional, but I couldn't figure out what I wanted. The song he decided on went perfectly with bride entrance song. After dinner, that's when the party really started and everyone thoroughly enjoyed the music and the photobooth was definitely used throughout the night. I am so glad Hype Entertainment was apart of my wedding planner's package, because without that we more than likely would have missed out on him. A fellow bride mentioned that he was her first choice for her wedding, but at the time he was not available for her day. So the lesson is, if you want DJ Hype at your next event contact him ASAP!
    Annie B. Married on 05/13/2022

The Greatest Decision We’ve Ever Made

DJ Hype is PHENOMENAL! He was absolutely perfect! Our guests had so much and didn’t want the party to end. Hire him as your DJ, you won’t regret it!
    B T Married on 05/13/2022

Awesome DJ!!

Our wedding in the Outer Banks was DJ'ed by DJ Hype. He kept the party engaging and on the dance floor the entire night! Highly Recommended!
    Samantha S. Married on 04/23/2022

Dj hype is the man!

Marcus is by far the best DJ I have ever worked with! He is so easygoing and fun-loving, sure to make your wedding or party guests feel like part of the event. Marcus is thorough, prepared, and really helped bring our ceremony music vision to life. He played exactly our taste during cocktail hour and the reception was a hit for young and old! Marcus knows what he is doing and will surely make your event memorable. Thanks Marcus!!
    Pamela R. Married on 04/21/2022

Best dj ever!

Marcus with Hype Entertainment was the best. He made my daughters wedding even more special. He had the crowd dancing and laughing. He was professional, fun, attention to detail was amazing. He kept everything scheduled and organized as he said he would. If you want a great time you must call Marcus!
  • Alli
    Alli P. Married on 03/19/2022
      5.0 out of 5 rating

A DJ that is ready for anything!

DJ Hype is amazing! First off, we lost power during the reception, I was worried that our first dance and other special moments would not occur. However, he did not let the power outage stop the fun. He was ready with a backup plan and kept the party going! My guests did not even realize that the power was out thanks to him. He really knows how to read a crowd, gets involved, and is super fun. I highly recommend him for your wedding!
    Veronica H. Married on 03/05/2022

Hodges-Johnson Wedding

DJ Hype and his staff (wife) were absolutely wonderful. Along with assisting with music suggestions, interactions with guests, lighting, and the additon of the photo booth; he made my daughters wedding absolutely beautiful and entertaining. We received rave reviews from our guest. Thank you!!!
  • Ashley
    Ashley M. Married on 01/30/2022

Absolutely outstanding

DJ Hype lived up to his name and more. He was professional, courteous, and his goal was to make us happy and he exceeded. The energy he brought to the dance floor was exceptional. Everybody at our reception was on the dance floor. I don’t even dance, but his energy had me out there without my dancing groom! Him and his wife tag team with a photo booth too and she was such a delight to have!! They were the perfect combination. Any future DJ needs, I will without a doubt book DJ Hype!! I heard our guests saying how much fun he and his wife were! You won’t regret having DJ Hype entertain for your events as he is reasonably priced!
  • Diana
    Diana L. Married on 01/29/2022

Amazing DJ!

DJ Hype is awesome! Easy and fun to work with and does an incredible job of getting everyone to dance and have a blast! Would highly recommend him for any party or event!
    Kyle L. Married on 11/27/2021
      5.0 out of 5 rating

The best in the business

It’s simple, really. If you want to make sure that you and your guests have a great time at your wedding then you must book DJ Hype (Marcus). He’s excellent to work with and just all round a great person. There are lots of moving parts with a wedding but no matter what curveball we threw him he took it in stride and was accommodating. You can genuinely tell that Marcus, and his wife Melissa, love what they do and you will love working with them too!
    Ryan S. Married on 11/13/2021

Incredible energy!

DJ Hype was truly amazing and provided an incredible energy for our wedding! He was extremely flexible and incorporated a few special requests flawlessly. Highly recommended!
  • Jordan
    Jordan K. Married on 11/12/2021
      5.0 out of 5 rating

Absolutely amazing and fantastic!!

Recommended to us by a family friend, Marcus was such a fantastic person to work with! He was very nice and great to be around, he was accommodating for music requests, and really knew how to keep the party going! My husband and I were so excited to have him apart of our special day. He did a fantastic job of being a part of the fun and the party along with us and our guests!

We would highly recommend Marcus for any event!
  • Tammy
    Tammy F. Married on 11/06/2021

Mother of the bride

DJ Hype aka Marcus and Melissa are phenomenal! You couldn't ask for a better option for your wedding or other special event. They work to understand your needs and ensure that everything is exactly as you want it. They are also so engaging with the groups and work hard to ensure that a good time is had by all. You won't be disappointed!
illustration stars