Hyde Photography Reviews

41 | Jersey City, NJ

41 Reviews for Hyde Photography

Gianna R. · Married on 06/12/2021

So grateful we chose Hyde photography !

Where can I even start? Seth is one of the most personable, professional, friendly people I have ever met. Off the bat with our first FaceTime meeting, he had me sold! His photos are absolutely stunning, and there’s no question that he is incredibly talented and has an eye for the perfect shot. Throughout our 21 month engagement, Seth kept in touch through the pandemic, the possibility of postponing, and him and his wife expecting their baby right around the time of our wedding! Through it all, Seth had a back up plan and was ready to handle any possible situation. The best part, Seth has now become a good friend that we plan to keep in touch with in the years the come. I promise you won’t regret having himself and his awesome team capturing your wedding day!

Sent on 06/13/2021

Sarah S. · Married on 11/14/2020

We Love Hyde Photography!

My fiance and I recently had our engagement shoot with Seth, and he expertly made our vision come to life. We had so many ideas on where we wanted to have our photos taken, and Seth excitedly traveled with us through the Upper East side, taking photos of us at our favorite places and finding the perfect, lesser-known gems along the way. He even helped us recreate our proposal and the final scene to my favorite movie, You've Got Mail, on the Upper West Side. We all had a blast getting to know each other as we traveled the city! We were also nervous about taking photos as we had never done a photo shoot before, but Seth's kind and calming personality relaxed us instantly. We had a ton of laughs along the way as Seth showcased our personalities and captured the essence of our relationship. Every photo that Seth captures shines with authenticity.  His enthusiasm is infectious and his artistry is unparalleled. Also, we cannot go without saying that Seth and Nicole are two incredibly kind, genuine people who love their craft and who we are so lucky to have on our team for our big day. Thank you, both - working with Hyde Photography is a dream come true! Love, Sarah and Brendan

Sent on 10/14/2019
  • Francesca

Francesca · Married on 10/10/2020

Everything and more! 10/10

I don’t even know where to begin with this amazing couple. I found them through Instagram stalking endlessly for the perfect wedding photographers. Everything about them was what I dreamed of. We had the PLEASURE of working with them during Covid (October outdoor wedding event) and they exceeded our expectations. Their assistant was also just pure bliss. Our photos are everything and more but aside from all of that just simply working with them was truly a phenomenal experience. My husband and I together are FUN and we aren’t shy when it comes to taking photos but we most definitely can get awkward. Seth helped us EVERY step of the way and made the engagement shoot and wedding day even better by just being apart of it. 10/10 could not recommend this couple enough. LOVE HYDEPHOTOGRAPHY WITH ALL MY HEART.

Sent on 06/05/2021

Joelle V. · Married on 09/26/2020

book them NOW!

Seth and Nicole were amazing to work with from start to finish! They will make any couple feel comfortable and capture breath taking photographs. We were blown away by the beauty in each and every image, from the biggest detail, to the smallest. We are so thankful they were able to capture the exact essence of the day and will treasure our pictures forever!

Sent on 06/21/2021
  • Tiffany

Tiffany S. · Married on 09/12/2020

Amazing, amazing, amazing

Working with Seth + Nicole has been an absolute dream! We hired Seth + Nicole for our wedding about a year and a half out from our date (9/12/20). From scrolling through their site, to the first virtual meeting, we knew they were our perfect photography match. While we postponed our larger wedding to 2021, Seth still came to shoot our small backyard ceremony this year. My husband and I are blown away by the previews (which Seth sent same day) & we cannot wait to get the full album.

The silver lining to a second wedding is that we get to work with them again! I cannot recommend them enough!

Sent on 10/06/2020
  • Carmen

Carmen T. · Married on 07/11/2020

Great Talent and Great Team Player

Seth,

Great working with you this weekend. It's always a pleasure to work with Talented Professional Artists who know teamwork! We encourage our clients at CTO Music Artists to check out your amazing work online!

Carmen

Sent on 05/25/2021
  • Valerie

Valerie H. · Married on 07/10/2020

The best two people to capture your special day!

Seth + Nicole were the best two people to have alongside us on our wedding day. They perfecftly captured our day on camera and were a natural integration into all of our festivities. They knew exactly how to work with our family and friends. The final products were breathtaking. Made the memories of our day so much more special.

Sent on 03/13/2020
  • Lindsey

Lindsey L. · Married on 05/09/2020

Amazing to work with!

Seth from Hyde Photography photographed our wedding over Labor Day weekend and he did a truly AMAZING job. My husband and I decided to get married this year and we only had three weeks to plan. When we reached out to Seth, he was extremely responsive, professional, and easy to communicate with. Not only were his photos beautiful, but he made us feel comfortable and natural the whole time. I would recommend Hyde Photography without hesitation.

Sent on 09/30/2020
  • Danielle

Danielle L. · Married on 03/07/2020

So pleased!

Seth was absolutely fabulous and we love how all of our photos came out from our backyard wedding. He made us feel so comfortable being photographed all day and got us loose and laughing throughout. He was very responsible in terms of keeping his distance and wearing a mask and didn't let covid precautions hinder the experience or the photos whatsoever. He was super communicative via email leading up to the day and a general delight to work with. Making a wedding album will be tough as we won't be able to narrow down our favorites!

Sent on 09/13/2020

Emily · Married on 09/07/2019

Such a great experience

I got married in July last year, and I think it's taken me so long to write a review about Hyde because I struggle to put into words just how wonderful they were. I was very much a no-fuss bride but photography was the one vendor I was particular about. The process with Seth and Nicole leading up to the wedding was warm, inviting, professional, organized, and so easy. They were accommodating with schedules, always prompt with sending info/details, and made us feel like we were working with friends. Which made the wedding day itself seamless. Seth was such a kind, calm presence on a day that is such a whirlwind. The album we received is an absolute treasure. They captured every real/raw emotion of that day while making us feel magazine worthy. Truly an experience I would recommend to anyone.

Sent on 02/13/2020

Kelsea P. · Married on 08/03/2019

Look no further!

I fell in love with Hyde Photography as soon as I came across their website. My husband and I were unsure about whether to take engagement photos before our wedding, but looking through the quality of Hyde’s portfolio sealed the deal for us. Seth was terrific, traveling into NYC at dawn on the morning of our shoot, and he met us with a warm, cheery smile, ready to get to work. We felt so comfortable working with him, which led to dozens of incredible photos of us that we will treasure forever. We are so impressed with the professionalism, quality, and talent of this team! Everything was perfect, and we could not be happier with the outcome. Thank you, Seth, for creating those lasting memories for us!

Sent on 10/06/2019
  • samantha

Samantha · Married on 06/29/2019

Seth and Nicole are the DREAM TEAM!

Seth and Nicole are the photography dream team! We felt comfortable with them immediately upon meeting them and knew we had to have them be part of our day. Not only are them amazing photographers, they are professional, funny, and SO KIND. They sent us flowers when we were a month away from our wedding, and Nicole had no problem wiping sweat off my fiance's forehead during our photos at our humid end of June Wedding. We received a small preview the day after our wedding which was such a nice treat, and are anxiously awaiting the final album that we know will be fantastic thanks to Seth and Nicole!

Sent on 07/16/2019
  • Katie

Katie V. · Married on 06/07/2019

Everything you could ask for in a wedding photographer - and more!

We are so delighted with Hyde! Initially, we felt nervous about the whole wedding photography thing; we wanted stunning photos, but we hadn’t been professionally photographed since we were kids. Would the photos look exquisite while still capturing our personalities and vibe as a couple? With Hyde, the answer is yes! Before the engagement shoot, they sent a custom made guide full of helpful tips. When the day came, Seth had us comfortable and laughing in front of the camera almost immediately. We planned an ambitious hour, and he was all there for it, capturing all the shots we wanted and more.
    A week before our wedding, Hyde sent us a bouquet of flowers - what a thoughtful touch! And when the big day came, Seth and Nicole were on time and ready to go. They did a thorough job of capturing all the moments we wanted while still allowing us to feel completely present with one another, our guests, and our party. And their photos are absolutely exquisite. They truly express the romance, love, laughter, and beauty of our wedding day. Looking at our wedding gallery, we find ourselves smiling (and sometimes tearing up!) as we recall that marvelous day. We know we will treasure these photos for years to come!

Sent on 09/26/2019

Adena E. · Married on 05/26/2019

Best photographers every!

Before my husband and I began our search for my wedding photographer, I knew the style of photos I wanted for our wedding. I was specifically looking for someone who captured natural light/scenery beautifully and I couldn't be happier that I found Seth and Nicole. They are immensely talented at what they do! The photos they produce really captured all the special moments of our wedding day in an artistic way. Also, I highly recommend hiring both Seth and Nicole because together they were able to get two angles of shots for the first look, walking down the isle, etc. They were so easy to work with from the start, super organized, professional, kind, timely in their responses and on the wedding day they helped make sure everything ran smoothly. Even with all the nerves of the wedding, they made us feel comfortable and relaxed in front of the camera. My husband and I could not be happier with our wedding photos!

Sent on 07/18/2019
  • Melanie

Melanie · Married on 05/18/2019

Great choice!

This review is long overdue; we got married in May of this year. Seth photographed our engagement photos and wedding photos. From start to finish he was super professional, organized, and on top of things. The photos came out beautifully and are exactly what we wanted! Hiring Seth is a great choice.

Sent on 10/19/2019

Tara · Married on 04/27/2019

The best!

Seth is amazing to work with and an extremely talented photographer! He made our entire process easy and our wedding and engagement photos are better than we could have imagined. I highly highly recommend using him for your wedding!

Sent on 09/27/2019
  • Vicki

Vicki · Married on 04/22/2019

Seth and Nicole are the best!

Seth is amazing amazing to work with! We got married at NY city clerks office and Seth gave us great advice and insight about how the ceremony would be. He also knew all spots to take pictures inside, family pictures nearby and locations for the couple pictures. Seth also taught us so many poses and played little games with us, so posing for the camera felt fun and effortless!

We are so happy with how our pictures turned out and how quick Seth got them to us.

Seth and Nicole at Hyde Photography are so friendly and easy to communicate with. So blessed to have great photographers and didn’t have to stress at all on our wedding day!

Sent on 10/31/2019

Erin · Married on 02/11/2019

Seth and Nicole are amazing. Hire them!

Seth and Nicole were amazing throughout our whole engagement and wedding. Super communicative and answered all of our questions. They were also super flexible day of and kept me sane and on time :)

We could not love our wedding pictures more! They captured the perfect balance of classic and unique photos.

Sent on 02/01/2020
  • Celines

Celines · Married on 11/10/2018

BEST photographers EVER

My husband and I could not be happier with how our pictures turned out. It was very cold and windy the day of our wedding and Seth and Nicole stuck it out with us and never complained. They came on time and were so professional the entire day. Seth and Nicole always replied in a timely manner and they were so kind and gave us a gift at the engagement shoot as well as 1 month before. I am kind of crazy with my organization but it never bothered them and they just went along with me. Could not be more grateful with our choice to go with them. Would absolutely recommend Hyde Film and Design to a friend!

Sent on 01/17/2019

Sarah C. · Married on 10/07/2018

We love Hyde Photography!!

We love Hyde Photography so much and can't thank Seth and Nicole enough for capturing the moments from our wedding day. From the beginning, Seth and Nicole were prompt, professional, funny, and easy to work with. The day of- they felt like part of the family! They made everyone feel easy and calm, but were productive and efficient in capturing the photos we asked for, and then coming up with new ideas. There were times the day felt like a blur, but Seth and Nicole were so easy to work with and were able to make us laugh. We haven't seen all the photos yet (our wedding was three weeks ago), but the photos they sent us as a preview the next day are absolutely stunning and we are so excited to see the rest. Not only are Seth and Nicole talented, but they genuinely work well together and made us feel comfortable. I especially appreciated their help in posing (Nicole would demo on Seth- it was too cute!) They are the type of people we would want to be friends with.
    Seth and Nicole are amazing and we HIGHLY recommend Hyde Photography.

Sent on 10/29/2018
  • Grace

Grace · Married on 10/05/2018

Some people mentioned post-wedding blues as we were nearing our wedding day, but it didn't hit us too badly since we knew we would easily see most of our friends and family around the world at some point in the near future again. However, as strange as it sounds, it was really sad when we realized that we probably wouldn't have a chance to see Seth again, because at the end of the day, we felt like we were actual friends. Going with an independent photographer was one of the best decisions we made for our wedding - the level of service and attention is impeccable, and you truly feel like you are the only wedding that matters in the world to them. We only had Seth photograph our wedding (rather than Seth + Nicole) since our guest list was smaller, which I was initially worried about, but he was EVERYWHERE all day and did it all with ease and never seemed stressed. He helped everyone, even those who weren't comfortable in front of a camera, feel comfortable, and was great with the little ones. Everyone in the wedding party raved about him, and he truly felt like a part of our wedding party rather than just another vendor we hired. We had quite a list of photos we wanted to capture, and he made sure we got all of them, listened to what kind of photos we wanted to capture, and was super flexible when I was tired during the day of (surprise!) and changed my mind on what photos I wanted.

Stylistically, the photos were exactly in the dreamy and romantic feel that I was going for. All the small newlywed gifts at various points during the planning process were really nice touches and got us HYPED for the wed

Sent on 10/07/2018

Maya · Married on 08/25/2018

Working with Hyde Photography was such a wonderful experience, from beginning to end!! Our wedding was unique—we had part 1 at our favorite Brooklyn restaurant, Frankies, with our dearest family and friends, followed by outfit changes into our Indian attire for a big Indian themed celebration at a bar! And Hyde captured every moment so so beautifully, not only of us but of our friends and family! Seth and Nicole were so excited about our vision and put us at ease all along the way. They are such earnest, genuine, accommodating and thoughtful people, and their love and support was felt throughout the whole process! We feel so grateful that we found them, and felt so supported by them both in the process. Both my husband and I felt very nervous at first when thinking about wedding photography—we knew that we would love having the photos, but wanted to make sure that we also got to spend quality time with our guests and worried that our wedding would feel like a photoshoot. Seth and Nicole immediately put us at ease and followed the lead with our vision so thoughtfully and with so much excitement—they totally understood our worries and made a point to make us feel so comfortable and excited, naming that they would prioritize candids and less staged, shared moments with friends and family! It was also wonderful to do the engagement shoot with them—I was so surprised at how comfortable and natural we felt with them!! And on the day of… there are no words! Nicole was our main photographer throughout the day, and she did such an amazing job blending in, directing us, and she caught such wonderful shots. She was so kind, had a clear vision, and has such an eye. Her assistant photographer was also so energetic and sweet. It felt like they were old friends of mine and was wonderful to have them around! Their editorial style photos are too gorgeous for words and we are so excited about how they came out. We will cherish them! Thank you so much, Seth and Nicole!!!!

Sent on 10/08/2018

Erica · Married on 08/04/2018

Nicole and Seth were fantastic. Our photos are better than anything we could have expected. I love their style and the way they edited the photos. The pictures look very dreamy and romantic. They also took so many beautiful pictures of our family and friends which will make great gifts. It was so nice that they sent us ~25 preview pictures the day after our wedding which was exciting. We received all of the final pictures within a month of the wedding. I can't say enough nice things about them and would highly recommend.

Sent on 08/30/2018

Paige · Married on 07/28/2018

Hyde Photography did an amazing job with my wedding photos, I couldn't be happier with them! Seth was very patient, attentive, has great attention to detail and he makes you feel completely comfortable in front of the camera. The editing came out phenomenal and I received all of my photos so quickly! I've received tons of compliments on my wedding photos and even had other brides asking to use my photographer for there wedding! Thanks again Hyde photography for letting me relive the best day of my life through your amazing work! :)

Sent on 09/04/2018