Hudson Valley Charter Service Reviews

14 | Cortlandt Manor, NY

14 Reviews for Hudson Valley Charter Service

Lindsay · Married on 01/15/2017

Had a great experience working with Hudson Valley Charter Services. We initially ordered one bus. Months later as RSVPs came in we realized we would need a second and it was no trouble to add it. Dina sent us the drivers names and phone numbers ahead of time so we could be in communication. To be honest, as the bride I never even saw the buses - they picked up and dropped off while I was at the venue, but our guests told us everything ran smoothly and on time and that they were clean. Our month-of coordinator sends her compliments and praise as well. They were definitely the most reasonably priced of all the bus companies and I'd use them again no question!

Sent on 01/31/2017

Jenna · Married on 10/09/2015

We used Hudson Valley Charter Service to transport our out of town guests staying at the hotel to our wedding venue. (We reserved the 56 passenger bus) The company was professional and helpful when it came to scheduling pick up-drop off times. My husband and I took the bus back to the hotel with the guests at the end of the night and we were impressed at how nice the bus was. The bus was immaculate - almost seemed brand new! Overall, a great company to use and the value was even better!

Sent on 11/11/2015

Hudson Valley Charter Service's reply:

Thank you for taking the time to write a review to let us know how happy you were with our service. It was our pleasure to serve you and we hope you will pass our contact information along to friends and family, who may be in need of our services.

Rebecca · Married on 07/11/2014

We had a 56 passenger bus charter our guests from a hotel to our reception hall and back. Our bus was prompt, clean, comfortable (very nice a/c on a 90 degree summer day). The driver, Ray, was professional and very nice. Waiting a good 15 minutes later to leave the reception hall my husband and I could make it on the bus!!! So happy I booked this charter, Lovely company to work with!

Sent on 07/21/2014

Rachel · Married on 09/15/2018

Our wedding venue was a 30 minute drive from our hotel where most of our guests were staying, so we reached out to Hudson Valley Charter to hire two of their charter buses to help transport guests to our wedding. They did such a great job and the buses, were perfect, super clean, and the drivers were very nice and timely! We even had a situation where there was an accident on the one road on the way to our venue, and the drivers were able to divert around the road closure and get our guests to the ceremony at the originally scheduled time! They were also at the venue in time for our scheduled return trip on time and did such a great job with our timeline throughout the day.

Sent on 10/02/2018

Great experience with Hudson Valley. Kim was very helpful and worked with us through changes that we needed to make. Only concern was that it took a bit longer to get the contract than we would have liked. Prices were competitive. Buses were clean and in good working order. Drivers were professional, helpful, and were in constant communication. Very reliable and we would definitely use them again.

Sent on 08/26/2014

Barb · Married on 10/22/2016

We were very pleased with their service for our recent wedding. We rented two 56 passenger buses, and we were very impressed with their professionalism and how nice the buses were. Most impressive were the bus drivers who were kind to our guests, and excellent drivers on some tough roads. We are very happy we chose them for our recent wedding!

Sent on 10/29/2016

Diana · Married on 09/17/2016

We used Hudson Valley Charter Service to transport guests for our wedding on 9/17/16. Throughout the planning process, staff answered questions in a timely manner and were flexible with any last minute changes including the addition of another bus. The shuttles arrived on time and were clean, the drivers friendly. Overall I would recommend Hudson Valley Charter Service!

Sent on 11/13/2016

This company was great ; our driver arrived early and was a great help. He loaded. Our bags on the 24 passenger bus then moved them to the 54 passenger bus while we were in the church.
    We arrived on time to the reception as well did our guest that were picked up at the hotel and he returned to the reception early as well. Overall there were no problems with this vendor.
    Thank you for helping to make a great day.

Sent on 08/14/2013

great service, helpful drivers and flexible people who are booking. i would recommend them for any bus services needs!

Sent on 08/27/2013

B. · Married on 08/02/2013

Very helpful, Dana and Karen thought out of the box to help figure out the best pick up and drop off solutions for a wedding with multiple locations. Hotel, Church, and Reception Hall with a big wedding party and larger than average attendees. I phoned over 10 local competitors and Hudson Valley was very price competitive, that along with their personal service made my decision easy. Highly recommended.

Sent on 08/24/2013
  • Francesca

Francesca · Married on 09/07/2019

2.0

Almost a good experience

The planning process was easy with them! They were responsive and courteous. However, our contract was for a small bus to pick up the groom early in the day, and take him, one way, to the ceremony. A few hours later, different vehicles were supposed to shuttle guests to and from the hotel/reception at the start and end. THANKFULLY, the reception shuttling was fine. However, earlier in the day, while in my limo to my ceremony, I received a phone call that the bus for the groom and his groomsmen (11 of them) never showed up. When called and asked where he was, the driver said, "on my couch where are you?" SO unprofessional. Family members had to individually shuttle 12 men to my ceremony, and then as I was lined up to enter the church, the bus pulls up to the church honking, SO inappropriate at the start of a church ceremony, to a place we did not need him, because the groom and groomsmen were coming in a different limo after the ceremony, so his presence was pointless. As I mentioned, their shuttle service at night was better, but we even had a wedding planner that called to confirm timeline, sent out a vendor timeline through email, and our conversations were clear. Had we not had family willing to jump in and drive our groom and groomsmen a half hour to the ceremony our day could have been a lot uglier.

Sent on 10/31/2019

Daniela · Married on 05/19/2012

2.6
      3.5
      2.5
      3.5
      1.0

I did not have the best experience with Hudson Valley Coach so therefore I will try to keep my review brief, yet honest. I hired a 24 passenger shuttle and a 55 passenger bus for my West Point wedding. During the planning process my emails/calls were answered promptly and they were flexible with my scheduling requests. My only issue with their communication prior to the wedding was that I received the driver’s names and cell phone numbers the night before my wedding, and by then I was no longer checking email. The vehicles were well-maintained, clean, and the drivers were professional.
    I hired this company because they assured they have worked numerous West Point weddings and knew the area well. On my wedding day the 55 passenger bus was to make two rounds to pick up my guests staying at local hotels and bring them to the ceremony. We scheduled an hour and half for the two rounds, which totaled 4.9 miles in each direction. The bus arrived for the first round on time but once on West Point grounds, the driver got completely lost even with a GPS. By the time he arrived with the first group of guests we decided to delay the start of the ceremony because majority of guests were still waiting to get picked up at their hotels. I understand that mistakes happen, but nonetheless, the driver was responsible for delaying our entire wedding and forcing us to miss part of our cocktail hour. I know other brides would agree that the delay is money and time that you can never get back.
    The Monday after the wedding the secretary called me as we were on our way to our honeymoon. She wanted to know why the drivers didn’t receive additional tips. I explained the situation and was more polite and understanding than I needed to be, she just wanted to know when I would send a tip. I explained I would deal with the situation when I got home from my honeymoon. In the mean time, she promised to mail me 2 DVDs that were left on the bus. I sent a followed up email 2 weeks later about the DVDs to which I did not receive a reply. I sent another email 1 week after that and got a one sentence reply, “Hi Daniela, we were waiting for you to send the drivers tip”. After everything that happened with this company, I found this to be completely unprofessional and inappropriate. I told her to feel free to keep the DVDs as I would no longer be sending a tip because of her complete lack of customer service.
    The companies’ fleet is diverse, the prices are reasonable for the area, but they could really use a tune up with their office staff…save your self a headache and work with another company.

Sent on 06/28/2012

Jenny · Married on 06/15/2013

1.8
      2.5
      1.5
      1.5
      1.0

Left the Mother, Father and Very Ill Aunt at the wedding site even when there was room on the bus, very sad. Refused to go back and pick them up. Such a Shame!!!

Sent on 08/27/2013
  • F

Frank · Married on 10/04/2014

0.0

DO NOT use this company the owner is the most unprofessional person I have ever dealt with. We hired them to run 2 shuttles to the the venue and 2 back to the Hotel which was 6 miles away. After the event was over we decided not to take the first shuttle at 11:15 as we wanted to make sure who ever was left got in the 11:45 shuttle, as well as we had to tip out the wait staff. So myself my new wife, my In laws, and a few of my groomsmen stayed at the venue, 1145 came and went so did midnight, 1215, so I called the hotel, and they call the driver and low and behold he was home in bed. So I had to ask the nice staff at the Hollow Brook to give us a ride back. So I called the office on the following Monday to talk to someone about what happen. To my surprise the owner gets on the phone and starts giving me an attitude, and tells me he was the driver. After making some terrible comments about some of my family members, he makes a comment about my 92 year old grandmother. At that point I stopped the conversation. When I asked him what he did with my cell phone number the women I set the reservation up with and spoke with earlier in the week, who ensured me that they would call me before they left the venue on the second run, he blamed me and said well I thought you were on the bus. This man blamed me because he personally left my wife and I at the venue, offered no compensation considering he did not even fulfill the contract, and made rude comments about family members. All I was looking for was an apology and instead I got blamed for his mess up, had him call some of my family members fat, have him make a nasty comment about my 92 yr old grandmother, DO NOT USE this company, he was more worried about getting into bed than making sure he fullfilled what he got paid for, and trying to blame everyone else but himself for his mess up.

Sent on 11/09/2014