Hudson Nichols Photography Reviews

25 | Montchanin, DE

25 Reviews for Hudson Nichols Photography

• Kelsey

Kelsey · Married on 08/11/2018

Kristen and Nic were the absolute best photographers we could have asked for throughout our wedding process. For our engagement pictures, they met us in Ocean City, Maryland- where my husband and I met- and went to several locations with us, allowing us to change in between, and bearing with us in the heat. They immediately made us both feel so comfortable and natural, and the pictures truly captured our personalities and spirits. For the months following, Kristen and Nic were so responsive to the emails, texts, and calls sent, as I obsessed over the timeline and small details. They were constantly supportive and reassuring, always expressing their excitement for our wedding day. Finally, our big day arrived! Kristen and Nic were by our sides for 8 hours, though it felt like another friend in the room. They kept us laughing through the stressful moments and heat, and we had countless friends and family throughout the evening come up to us and compliment Kristen and Nic for their outgoing personalities, positive attitudes, expertise, and professionalism. The only regret I have is not hiring them for a longer period of time, because they truly captured the beauty of our venue, and all of our loved ones. We have sent our wedding photos to family and friends, all of whom rave about the quality, angles, lighting, and again, the raw capture of happiness and joy. I could not recommend Kristen and Nic more highly, and am so appreciative for all they did to make our wedding process all we dreamt it would be.

Sent on 08/30/2018

Courtney · Married on 11/04/2017

Kristen and Nic were incredible!! One of my friends used them for her wedding, and as a bridesmaid I thought they were great! When it came time to pick a photographer for my own wedding, we met with many people but immediately loved Kristen and Nic when we met them to discuss our plans. They have the best personalities and are SO great to work with. They made the entire process relaxing and fun and we LOVE our pictures.

Sent on 01/07/2018

Renee · Married on 05/20/2017

Kristen and Nic were extremely easy to work with and I absolutely LOVE our wedding photos, they are even better than I imagined. Leading up to the wedding I sent them a list of photos I wanted to have taken along with a schedule. They arrived on time and we stuck to the schedule I sent over. I feel awkward and don't take good photos, but Kristen made we feel comfortable during the whole process. They both took a ton of pictures so we have a lot of pictures to choose from, I still can't decide which ones I want to frame. Both Kristen and Nic were responsive leading up to het wedding and always answered my emails in a timely manner. I would recommend them to anyone looking for a wedding photographer.

Sent on 06/30/2017

Debi · Married on 10/29/2016

Thank you, Kristen and Nic, for the most exquisite wedding photos that captured our daughter and son-in-law so incredibly! After having received the stunning engagement shots, we knew that the wedding photos would be all we hoped for and more!
    Not only is their work extraordinary, but it was a pleasure to work with Hudson Nichols throughout! They are professional, highly experienced, organized -- and fun! We would not hesitate to use them again, and I would be delighted to share our experience with others.

Sent on 12/31/2016

Angela · Married on 09/03/2016

Kristen and Nic were such a wonderful addition to our wedding. They felt like close friends from the very first time we met with them. They made the photography one of our favorite parts of the wedding day! Even though we decided to not go with an engagement session, they were great at making both of us feel comfortable in front of the camera the day of the wedding. Such great people, and beautiful photography. Please, please seriously consider them for your wedding or any other event.

Sent on 11/13/2016

Lauren · Married on 06/11/2016

From start to finish, working with Kristen and Nic has been a truly wonderful experience. During our engagement session at Winterthur, I told Kristen just how awkward I am with photos (my husband is a total ham!), and Kristen was so great about helping me relax and actually enjoy the session. Then when she sent us the photos shortly after, I was stunned. Kristen captured who we are as a couple AND they were, no exaggeration, the best pictures ever taken of me (the husband, as usual, looked great).
    Needless to say, I was not the least bit nervous about photos for our wedding after the engagement shoot. Kristen and Nic arrived right on time and blended in with the wedding party. Nic captured the guys watching soccer and goofing around (totally jealous of their morning). Kristen took some great getting ready shots. Then they continued to capture awesome shots at the church and reception. Several days after returning from our honeymoon, and much to my surprise, Kristen emailed to say our photos were ready! We are so so happy with the quality of the photos and the moments that Kristen and Nic chose to capture. I can't thank them enough!

Sent on 07/05/2016

We are so very happy we chose Hudson Nichols to capture our Wedding Day! The photos are simply stunning. As someone who enjoys photography myself, I was very selective when choosing our photographer, and I honestly couldn't have chosen any better. I would HIGHLY recommend this photographer.

Sent on 10/11/2015

Loved working with Hudson Nichols. They were enthusiastic, flexible and easy to work with. The photos were gorgeous. I would highly recommend them.

Sent on 02/05/2016

Kristen and Nic were both wonderful. They were flexible with our schedule for our engagement shoot and it was nice having Kristen with the girls and Nic with the boys on our wedding day, to capture all pre-ceremony moments. They are professional, easy to work with, and light-hearted in such a way that keeps the photo sessions fun. I would highly recommend Hudson + Nichols for beautifully captured memories.

Sent on 06/23/2015

We could not be happier with the photos that Kristen and Nic took for our engagement and during our early October wedding! From start to finish, they paid attention to any ideas we shared with them and were prompt and responsive. They took the time to understand our personalities, particularly our love for our rescue cat, and were able to capture so many great moments. Kristen was great at making me feel more relaxed in front of the camera and had an awesome sense of humor. Both Nic and Kristen did a great job blending into the wedding - we didn't feel that they were "in the way" at any moment.

The final results were beautiful! I'm not sure how many times I've gone through and looked at them, but no matter how many times, the photos still make me feel all of the wedding day emotions all over again. We can't begin to thank them enough for their kindness and awesome work. We highly recommend working with them!

Sent on 10/28/2014

I cannot give enough praise for Kristen and Nic and the photos they took at our June 2014 wedding! Kristen and Nic were so friendly and their demeanor put us at ease throughout the entire wedding day. They were never overbearing and made taking photos fun for us. I spoke with many photographers and Kristen and Nic were the perfect fit for the style we were going for our outdoor tent wedding. Kristen did an excellent job of balancing her professional opinion with my ideas too! We planned our wedding from long distance and Kristen was extremely responsive via phone/e-mail to make sure we were both on the same page! The photos for our wedding turned out perfectly, I especially love the blend of color and black and white and we received so many compliments about how wonderful the photos turned out. I couldn't have been happier and I would recommend Kristen and Nic to anyone that asks!

Sent on 08/05/2014

Karen · Married on 06/07/2014

First, I have to thank my friend for putting me in touch with Kristen and Nic. I knew fairly quickly that we would be using Kristen and Nic for their services the moment I saw my friend post her engagement and wedding pictures.

It took quiet some time for us to schedule our engagement shoot due to the inclement weather this past winter but Kristen and Nic kept in touch until we nailed down a date. They made us feel so comfortable in front of the camera and kept us laughing the entire time.

I recently saw my wedding pictures and I cannot describe how beautifully they turned out. I keep going back through the slideshow and seeing details that I had not seen before. I immediately sent the link to all my family and friends and the compliments keep on coming. Kristen and Nic captured the right moments at the right time as I look back at each picture and think about our wedding day. We are so fortunate to have these pictures for the rest of our lives.

Kristen and Nic, thank you for all that you do and for being part of our special day! We recommend to anyone who is interested in Kristen and Nic's services to take a look at their website and blog. The pictures will truly speak for themselves.

Sent on 06/25/2014

B · Married on 05/24/2014

Kristen and Nic are awesome– my husband and I are so glad we hired them to photograph our wedding! They are both easy-going, friendly, patient, professional and most importantly, they take beautiful photos!

We had a rustic / bohemian-inspired wedding and I wanted our photos to feel less traditional and a bit more artsy and romantic– Kristen and Nic gave us exactly what we were looking for! They were even on board with incorporating our 1940s Chevy pickup truck into some of the photos, which all turned out great.

Kristen is also an excellent art director and made my husband and I feel a lot more confident and comfortable than we would be normally. This is definitely reflected in our photos– we both look happy and nothing looks forced / unnatural. I couldn't be happier about this– my husband and I are very shy by nature and were so worried about looking bad in our wedding photos.

Both Kristen and Nic's photos are amazing, and the fact that they work with both film and digital cameras was icing on the cake. I absolutely love the contrast between their crisp, clean color photos and artsier black and white photos.

I couldn't be happier with how our wedding photos turned out, and I hope to work with Hudson Nichols Photography again in the future!

Sent on 06/06/2014

christine · Married on 09/28/2013

Kristen and Nic of Hudson Nichols were so amazing to work with. I had looked online a lot for a wedding photographer and they were the most flexible and so easy to work with. They patiently and promptly answered all of my questions along the way and always went above and beyond. We did our engagement session with them to start, and I was so worried because I wanted the pictures to look natural and I am not very comfortable in front of a camera but they were amazing and made us feel so comfortable and we had a blast! The wedding day was no different, they captured every moment from the night and I never felt like there was a camera following me around at any point. They are amazing photographers and two of the most wonderful people you will meet!

Sent on 10/22/2013

Kaylee · Married on 07/14/2012

I loved working with Kristen and Nic. They are an easy-going team that make photography an enjoyable and stress-free part of my wedding day. Throughout the planning process, Kristen was always responsive to my e-mails. During the wedding day, Kristen and Nic went with the flow and allowed us to truly enjoy the day. Both our wedding and engagement photos came out beautifully. You will not have to worry about capturing timeless, heartfelt images when you choose Kristen and Nic!

Sent on 12/17/2012

Maureen · Married on 06/30/2012

Kristen and Nic were amazing! They truly captured our wedding on so many levels! We had the opportunity to do engagement photos and we were thrilled with what we saw! Kristen and Nic are easy going, organized, personable, extremely talented, and we think they were worth every penny! I felt so relaxed leading up to the big day! It was a brutally hot afternoon, but the dynamic duo was all over the place and snapping all night long! I get a ton of compliments on my pictures and I couldn't be happier! I wouldn't trust anyone else...

Sent on 09/24/2012

Alyson · Married on 10/28/2011

Kristen and Nic are fabulous and such a calming presence on our big day! The photos and angles are beautiful and definetly a cut above the rest! We did both engagement and wedding photos and I found them so easy to work with and such a joy! I was so nervous the day of and having Kristen there really helped chill me out! We also really wanted photos outside and so she had her husband set up the lighting at the venue so we wouldn't miss anything. Total pro's, super classy and fun, would recommend them to anyone!

Sent on 12/27/2011

Jennifer · Married on 04/30/2011

Kristen was such a pleasure to work with throughout the entire process. We loved her portfolio and style and was very flexible with working with our budget and vision. We did an engagement photo session which was great, her professional yet laid-back style really makes you feel more comfortable in front of the camera. On our wedding day, Kristen and her assistant Heather were like part of the crew, made us, our family and our wedding party feel relaxed the whole day. Our pictures are amazing! Kristen captured our weddings style and molded into something becautiful with our pictures. And she was so flexible and easy to work with on our photo books even though we ended up being "those people" that were super detailed and constantly making changes. We hope to work with her again soon on any future photo needs!

Sent on 04/02/2012
  • Alyssa

Alyssa · Married on 04/23/2011

Kristen was so great to work with! We picked Jubilee Photography because they worked with our budget, needs, and we loved Kristen's portfolio and style.

Our package included an engagement photo session which was really great so that we could work with Kristen before the wedding and get comfortable in front of the camera. This was definitely a good idea as it does take some warming up when asked to pose for pictures. We loved our engagement photos, so we knew the wedding day photos would be awesome. And they were!

Kristen and Heather were so easy to work with and made us (and our family/wedding party) comfortable. We were not that specific in the shots that we wanted, but they covered everything. We now have so many beautiful shots of us as a couple, shots of our families, and all the details of our wedding. They knew what positions we should pose in so that we looked good, they made the lighting so complimentary... all of the pictures turned out so lovely. And we have gotten many compliments!

And Kristen did this all while sick with the flu on our wedding day; but she was so professional we actually didn't know she was sick until after the wedding.

We also had an issue a week before our wedding with taking photos in our hotel, but Kristen worked with us and tried to relieve any of the stress we were feeling. She was so understanding and quick to respond to a flurry of emails trying to resolve the issue. And it all worked out in the end.

You can check out Jubilee's amazing work from our wedding which was featured on Style Me Pretty: http://www.stylemepretty.com/2011/06/15/baltimore-wedding-by-jubilee-photography/

Sent on 06/16/2011

Lauren · Married on 06/12/2010

I felt from the beginning that choosing the right photographer was the most important part of the wedding planning process because it is how you will remember your wedding day. My wedding planner suggested that I call Kristen from Jubilee Photography because of her beautiful work. I was blown away by her gorgeous photos online but, it wasn't until we spoke that I knew I had found the right photographer. After conversations with snobby wedding vendors I was relieved to find that Kristen is kind, fun & laid back. She spent time asking about my husband, my family and me as well as what exactly I wanted out of my wedding photos. After our first conversation I booked her for my wedding right away!

Kristen and her photography assistant arrived early and immediately got to work. Kristen joined me and my bridesmaids and I felt like I had another good friend hanging out while we were getting ready. She was able to capture all of the special moments of our day without interruption. Kristen even sent my husband and I some photos to look at while we were on our honeymoon! We recently got our gorgeous disc album and are so pleased. My family and friend are amazed at our pictures and we couldn't be more happy. Thank you Kristen for putting our wonderful wedding memories into pictures!!

Lauren (& Andreas) Kolazas

Sent on 08/10/2010

Sarah · Married on 05/15/2010

I think one of the best decisions we made during the wedding planning process was to choose Jubilee for our photography. Kristen is so incredibly talented, and she, Nic and Heather were such a pleasure to be around on the day of the wedding. It seemed like they were everywhere all at once, but they were never intrusive. Our photographs are truly gorgeous. There are so many beautiful shots that really capture the feeling of our wedding day. I thought our package was a great value, and we worked with Kristen so that it included an engagement shoot in NYC, where we live. I would definitely recommend the engagement shoot -- we had a great time with Kristen and Nic, and got much more comfortable with having our photo taken.

Sent on 06/18/2010

Sara · Married on 10/03/2009

Kristen was terrific to work with I was thrilled with my invitations and my photos of the day!

Sent on 05/05/2010

I honestly can not say enough great things about Kristen and Nic and their quality of work. I was so ecstatic when they were willing to travel to my destination wedding in the mountains. It was a wonderful experience working with Kristen, sharing Pinterest boards, engagement photos we liked and didn't. Kristen and Nic were able to see my vision and delivery timeless, beautiful photos, in their own style.

I would recommend their services to anyone.

Sent on 01/25/2015

Angela · Married on 09/26/2009

Kristen was absolutely phenomenal! She did both our engagement session and our wedding photography. She is very easy going, fun, and is able to calm an anxious bride! Her photography was gorgeous and we love our pictures. She has a way to capture the emotion, surprise, and importance of the day. I have recommend Jubilee Photography to everyone and will continue to use Kristen for many more special events!

Sent on 05/05/2010

Chelsea · Married on 12/31/2010

They are so fun to work with! We love their photography style and got many amazing shots of our wedding. They are the most expensive photographers we interviewed, but we fell in love with their work. We are very happy with our decision.

Sent on 01/20/2011