House of Dipali Floral Decorator Reviews

House of Dipali Floral Decorator 3
House of Dipali Floral Decorator 4
House of Dipali Floral Decorator 5

Sid · Married on 09/20/2014

House of Dipali really made my wedding. They did a phenomenal job, I'm Definitely going to recommend them to others!

Sent on 01/13/2015

House of Dipali Floral Decorator's reply:

Thank you so much for the recommendation, Sid. We're ecstatic to hear that we made your wedding! We appreciate the support.

Magical is the word best used to illustrate House of Dipali. A bit skeptical we were picking House of Dipali amongst their sea of highly priced, shoddy, just-leave-a deposit competitors, we're glad we chose them. They single handedly orchestrated the most decadent of weddings fit only for a princess. The diligence from the wicks of the candles burning with elegance, to the backsplash on our stage towering over our guests, they're the ones who made the wedding of our dreams come to life. From the start, our experience with them was comforting. Sort of that warm cozy feeling you get when you hug your mom after a long time. House of Dipali's very own Devina was a pleasure to work with as she handled every request with a smile and a solution. She worked tirelessly and tenaciously to address all of our wishes for the massive three day event that had taken place in April 2014. She even "hooked it up" for us with prices & designs, regardless of the grief we thought we were giving her. The end result went far beyond our expectations to be frank, and couldn't be more happier that the one occasion you look forward to your whole life, is 100% whole. There's no smoke and mirrors with these guys, trusted & true! Love Always, Sundeep and Christina

Sent on 01/13/2015

House of Dipali Floral Decorator's reply:

Wow, "sort of that warm cozy feeling you get when you hug your mom after a long time!" What a truly gracious and beautiful review. Thank you so much for your support, Sundeep and Christina!

Kavita · Married on 05/11/2013

House of Dipali

It’s been an absolute delight to work with the team of House of Dipali. The team has helped my family with numerous family events including my wedding and have amazed me everytime! The team gets to know you personally and goes above and beyond to make the event even more special for you! Truly amazing services! Raj is a true gem!! Thank you for everything!

Sent on 11/13/2019

Rohini · Married on 05/04/2013

I was very happy with the service that I was provided by House of Dipali. Our flower arrangements were beautifully constructed and very affordable. We had great advice throughout our planning process and they were very flexible as we made changes to our order along the way. Set up on the day of the wedding went very smoothly. I would definitely recommend them.

Sent on 05/16/2013

House of Dipali Floral Decorator's reply:

We're thrilled to hear you were happy with all aspects of the process! Thank you so much for the kind review, Rohini.

S Thakker · Married on 06/27/2010

One stop for all wedding decorations.

Amazing !!! We did all wedding decorations with HOD and was very happy with the service. Everything was perfect and we definitely recommend HOD.

Sent on 11/09/2019

Vipul · Married on 10/21/2017

Raj went above and beyond our expectation. House of Dipali did an amazing job for our engagement party. couldn't be better.

Sent on 11/19/2017

House of Dipali Floral Decorator's reply:

We're thrilled to hear we exceeded your expectations for your engagement part, Vipul. Thank you so much!

Samantha · Married on 08/11/2017

House of Dipali have created the most beautiful stages for our wedding. They worked with us and listened to exactly what we wanted and successfully went above and beyond to ensure that my wife and I was happy. They even give you a first look before the event to see exactly how your stage will look like come game day. I cannot tell you how happy we were when we arrived at the venue and saw the work House of Dipali did. I highly highly recommend these guys. They are literally THE BEST out there.

Sent on 11/13/2017

House of Dipali Floral Decorator's reply:

Wow, "literally THE BEST out there!" Thank you so much for the glowing review, Samantha. We enjoyed working with you on your wedding!
  • Saeed

Saeed Siddiqui · Married on 12/12/2018

Very professional and excellent team work

His team “ Devina “ is amazing, She understand what are your needs, likes and dislikes. She talk less and does her job very professionally and effeciently.

House of Dipali Floral Decorator 6
    House of Dipali Floral Decorator 7
    House of Dipali Floral Decorator 8
    House of Dipali Floral Decorator 9
    House of Dipali Floral Decorator 10
    Sent on 12/12/2018

House of Dipali Floral Decorator's reply:

We pride ourselves is being professional and efficient. Thank you so much for this great review, Saeed!
  • Y

Yamini · Married on 09/30/2018

House of Dipali did a fantastic job! The flowers, mandap, the aisle, everything looked beautiful!
    I was looking for the bare minimum when it comes to a decorator and had a surprisingly difficult time finding it.
    1) Responsiveness (it was shocking how many decorators did not respond to my multiple calls and emails over the span of 4-5 months). House of Dipali was always quick with emails even till the last day. And I sent a lot of emails. I only found them 3-4 months before the wedding, during peak wedding season and they were still responding on time. Scheduling appointment with them is easy on their website. On the day of the wedding, they took care of everything, it looked gorgeous. Our venue even highly complemented their service!
    2) Creative vision - obviously a decorator is supposed to help you with your vision. I was surprised when I met up with a couple of well known decorators in NJ, all they did was show me around the warehouse and that's it. But Devina was honest and took her time! She helped me figure out my colors, the flowers, centerpieces, type of mandap, aisle decoration, bride/groom reception decor, literally every detail. I had no visiom but she guided me through. She was also honest when something wouldn't look right! We spend over an hour at each visit but she didn't rush me at all. You can tell she's passionate about her work!
    3) Budget - Indian decorators are expensive!!! House of Dipali was not cheap but at least it was reasonable. Devina didn't try to negotiate with me. If something was too expensive, she would show me a better option.
    In the end, it came down to service and I'm really glad I made an appt with them. I was impressed from the first appointment till the end of the wedding day!
    Thank you guys! Will definitely recommend you to friends and families.

House of Dipali Floral Decorator 11
    House of Dipali Floral Decorator 12
    House of Dipali Floral Decorator 13
    Sent on 10/14/2018

House of Dipali Floral Decorator's reply:

Thank you so much for taking the time to write this review, Yamini. Devina is amazing and we pride ourselves in delivering the best service!

Anusha · Married on 10/06/2017

Devina and Raj were wonderful to work with; Devina was extremely patient and helpful in picking out the right decor for each of our wedding events and really bringing the events to life! Devina was very detail oriented and made sure nothing was left out - from the jay malas to the jasmine flowers and all the entrance decor, she made sure she executed on every one of her promises. Devina also has a lot of ideas and will provide more decor options for you than most vendors.

The decor turned out better than I imagined and looked absolutely magical in photos. We got so many compliments from our guests. Raj was extremely accommodating on working with us for the best possible price. Devina and Raj together helped us execute our vision while still being cost conscious. I really appreciated the suggestions Devina made to fit our budget while maintaining the best quality. Thank you Devina and Raj!

Decor supplied for : Sangeet, Hindu Wedding Ceremony, Reception

Youtube link of our wedding trailer below, all decor by House of Dipali:

House of Dipali Floral Decorator 14
    Sent on 11/20/2017

House of Dipali Floral Decorator's reply:

We love watching your trailer and reliving the magic of your wedding day. Thank you so much for the kind words, Anusha!

Reka · Married on 05/16/2015

House of Dipali did a wonderful job for my wedding providing decorations and flowers. They also did the decorations for the ceremony. It was absolutely gorgeous! I only wish we could have taken some of the flowers home with us.

Sent on 06/12/2015

House of Dipali Floral Decorator's reply:

We're happy to hear you thought the decorations and flowers were gorgeous! We appreciate your support, Reka.

Parisa · Married on 07/14/2017

3.5

They did a great job with making sure I get the exact wedding décor/stage I want and worked with me on little details I wanted changed last minute, thank you!

Sent on 07/25/2018

House of Dipali Floral Decorator's reply:

We will go to great lengths to ensure your big day is exactly as you envisioned. Thank you so much for the review, Parisa!

Navjot · Married on 01/10/2015

We were unsure of what decor type we wanted and the staff at HOD was very patient to help us customize a stage. We worked with Devina who gave us some great ideas and she helped organize a last second stage set-up viewing prior to the event to ensure that we were completely satisfied. The end product was better than we imagined and the staff even put some finishing touches that we didn’t anticipate or request. We highly recommend the services of HOD as you’ll receive more than what you pay for :D

Sent on 01/14/2015

House of Dipali Floral Decorator's reply:

We're so happy to hear that the end product was better than you imagined, Navjot. Thank you for the recommendation!

Brian C · Married on 09/07/2019

Excellent experience working with Kiriba

We worked with Kiriba Logan to decorate and provide flowers for our ceremony and reception, including setting up a mandap. He did a great job to work with us and to create a space that would work within specific limitations (we had our ceremony within a bookstore). Kiriba was flexible to meet our vision but also helped to steer us at times with his professional experience and judgment.

I highly recommend House of Dipali and Kiriba for anyone in the NYC area looking for a decorator/florist.

House of Dipali Floral Decorator 15
    House of Dipali Floral Decorator 16
    House of Dipali Floral Decorator 17
    Sent on 09/16/2019

House of Dipali Floral Decorator's reply:

This was such an amazing and unique venue on to work on, Brian. On behalf of Kiriba and our entire staff, thank you so much for giving us the opportunity!
  • Priya

Priya · Married on 05/01/2019

Really great

We had a small mixed Indian / white wedding and only allowed ourselves 3 Months of planning. House of Dipali gets 5 stars on efficiency, being on time, being professional, providing what they said they would and really making our hopes of having simple, traditional yet beautiful decor for our functions a reality in a short amount of time. Roma worked very well with my designated wedding coordinator. Cost was a bit higher than we expected or budgeted for the simple decor but honestly with our time crunch we went with knowing House of Dipali’s reputation and their contribution was mostly without any issues and concerns. They delivered the vision and we are grateful for that with zero regrets.

Sent on 11/16/2019

Sara · Married on 09/29/2018

3.0

We hired House of Dipali for our engagement stage décor. They worked directly with our venue to get everything set up without troubling us in the process. When we arrived on Friday to get some of our personal things set up, House of Dipali had already come in earlier and set up/decorated the stage. It looked extremely beautiful! We got compliments from friends and family and it looked gorgeous in pictures. When we were getting ready to exit the venue. House of Dipali arrived promptly to disassemble all parts and were very courteous throughout the process. Highly recommend their services!

Sent on 05/07/2018

House of Dipali Floral Decorator's reply:

Thank you so much for the sweet review, the pleasure was truly ours. Congratulations!!

Prasad · Married on 10/06/2017

4.2

Raj and especially Devina are outstanding. The team effort paid off. The decorations at the wedding event was very impressive
    Prasad Kambhampaty

Sent on 11/17/2017

House of Dipali Floral Decorator's reply:

We're ecstatic to hear that you were impressed with our work, Prasad. It is always truly a team effort and we couldn't thank you enough for your support!

Savita · Married on 10/14/2007

4.2

Gorgeous selection, on time setup.

Sent on 08/25/2008

House of Dipali Floral Decorator's reply:

Thank you so much for your compliments on our selection and punctuality! We truly appreciate your support and are grateful for your kind review, Savita.

Sirisha · Married on 07/15/2017

3.5

House of Dipali was a great addition to our wedding decor! We had a certain idea for our Sangeet and our Reception look and they delivered exactly what they promised. Thank you House of Dipali!

Sent on 11/18/2017

House of Dipali Floral Decorator's reply:

We're floored to hear that we delivered exactly what we promised, Sirisha. All the best to you from our team!

Rupa · Married on 07/07/2018

2.2
      3.0

Unorganized

House of Dipali unfortunately was very disorganized. I had given them all the details, reviewed a few times, and two weeks before my wedding, they called me not having any information we had discussed. During the wedding and reception, several of the decor we had discussed were not there, including no gift box. Its extremely disappointing to see all this on your wedding day. Unfortunately I can't recommend them.

Sent on 10/16/2018

DO NOT USE THIS VENDOR.

I cannot stress enough the complete lack of customer service, professionalism, and general mishandling of our event.

What attracted me to this place was the fact that their prices are initially cheaper than other local vendors and they have a generally good reputation. We worked with Devina, in my first meeting she was completely rude and unprofessional. She asked an assistant to get her coffee and did not offer me anything. This was a minor annoyance, but I still went ahead because of their prices.

However, the headache this place caused, with having to follow up constantly since they would not return calls or emails is simply not worth it. Take your business elsewhere.

Sent on 11/29/2015

Shanta · Married on 08/27/2017

0.6
      1.0

House of Dipali did a fabulous job at Neha Palace for my wedding. Raj and Devina are wonderful, caring and very helpful with my planning and décor. Ms. Devina is very knowledgeable and gave me great ideas and everything went as planned and I am very satisfied. I will recommend this place for your Décor. Thumbs up for them. Thanks, Best regards Theresa

Sent on 10/16/2017

Michael · Married on 05/29/2016

0.4
      0.5

This wedding vendor is terrible! they con us into over $7000 worth of production and when our wedding started at 6pm they didn't show up and set up until 6:30!!!

on top of that. half the stuff they promised us were missing and nothing like the sample they had made for us before the actual wedding. i am completely grossed out by this vendor and i do not recommend it to anyone! they will screw your wedding up and give you the worst wedding experience ever!!! i will never forget how terrible of a job they did not to mention that we have at least 1 relative getting married every month for the next year i don't recommend any of my friends of family to them at all. SO expensive and Terrible service! DO NOT USE THEM YOU WILL REGRET IT!!!

Sent on 07/11/2016

Sudhir · Married on 07/25/2015

0.4
      1.0

I don't write many online reviews; in fact, this is my first one for my wedding. If you don't care to read further, my experience with House of Dipali overall was beyond terrible and I highly advise you look elsewhere.

We first met with HOD in mid February 2015 for decorations for our late July 2015 wedding. I was immediately turned off by the fact that the woman we worked with (I won't give her name but she was the main source of our disappointment throughout) started eating a snack in front of us without offering us tea/coffee/etc., despite knowing we had driven from upstate NY. More importantly, she came across as generally apathetic and disinterested throughout the meeting. We left underwhelmed, but still intending to go with them as there aren't many options where we are from locally.

Over the next few months things quickly went downhill, marked by HOD's (specifically the individual we worked with) utter inability to maintain basic communication. These included:

1. Not responding to voicemails or emails, basically ever.
    2. When we did (rarely) reach them, failure to meet the next deliverable date or even make contact regarding it.
    3. Responding immediately exactly once: when my sister-in-law wrote them an angry e-mail. In a way this was even worse because it proves they were just ignoring our many other messages.

We decided to give them one more chance and met the same person in early June. We stressed the wedding was less than two months away and we needed the quote ASAP to be comfortable moving forward with them. WE NEVER RECEIVED THE QUOTE OR ANY FURTHER CONTACT FROM THEM!!! At that point I was actually more bewildered than angry; we switched to a different decorator, with whom we had a great experience.

If "good practice" for a wedding vendor trying to win business is to be overly enthusiastic, accommodating and prompt, HOD was the exact opposite. Working with them, or rather trying to work with them, was really, really awful. Stay away!

Sent on 08/05/2015