Hourglass Lighting Reviews

68 | Wakefield, RI

68 Reviews for Hourglass Lighting

• F

Ferve · Married on 05/28/2016

We chose to work with Hourglass Lighting for our wedding at the Mohonk Mountain House on memorial day weekend 2016. The results were absolutely stunning and blew away our expectations.

The lighting designer Steve Fernandez was familiar with the Mohonk and had designed there before many times. The dinner was at the Pavilion, a large, stone-pillared roofed open area the size of a barn. Our vision was for stringed festoon lights to create a fairy-tale like wedding. Steve worked closely with us on our site visit and through many calls to talk through how to enact our vision. Steve was very knowledgeable, creative and hard-working. He was also mindful of the electricity output and worked directly with the other vendors.

When we arrived at the dinner after the cocktail hour, we were stunned with how beautiful the lights were. It was the perfect amount of light; a romantic atmosphere and not too dark or light. The stringed lights were truly dream-like and incredibly beautiful. Steve had said there was a generator running but we didn’t hear anything. It was also good value based on the cost of similar lighting arrangements, and well worth the cost. We are so pleased with Hourglass Lighting and strongly recommend them.

Sent on 06/14/2016

Jennifer · Married on 10/17/2015

Steve was amazing! We told him we wanted an autumn theme with orange and reds and he even incorporated leaves on the ceiling of our tent! It was amazing all our guests thought it fit the thee perfectly. Steve was also extremely easy to work with and also quickly answered my questions! My husband and I would highly recommend him to any for up lighting he is a true professional!

Sent on 11/09/2015

Steve brought to life the wedding of our dreams! My husband and I got married at the grandview in Poughkeepsie, NY overlooking the beautiful Hudson Riiver this past August. With the sunset being later in the evening I wanted to create the sunset experience in the ballroom for my guests. Steve was very helpful in picking the right candlelight color and feel we wanted. When I walked into the ballroom the day of the wedding I was blown away. I was definitely nervous because of course you want it to be perfect and Steve made it incredible simple and easy and of course perfect! Thank you Steve your the best!

Sent on 09/18/2015

Andy · Married on 08/15/2015

It was a pleasure working with Hourglass Lighting. They were very accommodating, professional, responsive and they delivered a beautiful product. I would recommend them to enhance any venue!

Sent on 09/16/2015
  • Adanna

Adanna · Married on 07/19/2015

Steve at Hourglass Lighting was a pleasure to work with. He made our wedding look amazing! Very professional and fast response time. We had no worries when it came to working with Steve! Everything was perfect.

Sent on 07/26/2015

Adanna · Married on 07/19/2015

Steve was a pleasure to work with!!! We were skeptical about using lighting since our wedding was in the prime of summer but we are so glad that went through with working with Hourglass Lighting. The lighting at our wedding was AMAZING and really made our reception look different and beautiful. The lighting truly helps to create a different atmosphere! Steve was very friendly and quick to respond to any of our questions. I would definitely recommend Hourglass Lighting to anyone who wants to make their wedding look that much more Amazing!!!!!!

Sent on 09/21/2015

Alexsandra · Married on 06/06/2015

Steve was wonderful to work with. He and his crew were prompt and did a beautiful job. They were also incredibly reasonable; they really worked with me to fit our budget. I highly recommend their services to anyone looking!

Sent on 09/28/2015

Lighting is one of those things that is so subtle, but makes such a big difference. Hourglass Lighting was great to work with. We were looking for something simple yet tasteful, and they had plenty to choose from.

Sent on 09/23/2015

Alyssa · Married on 10/25/2014

Hourglass lighting was incredible! When I contacted the company, the owner replied quickly and offered to work out a payment plan because we booked him late in the planning process. We used this vendor because our venue has worked with them repeatedly and we know why! Amazing! Lighting is a must have at your wedding! It transforms the entire evening. Our big day was absolutely stunning and everyone is still talking about how magical the room was. I would highly recommend this company!

Sent on 11/10/2014

Bianca · Married on 10/13/2014

Steve was great! He was so easy to talk to and made it all very simple. He was very fast to respond with any and all thoughts and questions I had. He was a pleasure to work with. He came in on the day of set everything up as it needed to be and after the event he came back and took it down. I received a lot of compliments on his work - the uplighting pulled the room together. With the colors of the linens, the candles and the glow from the uplighting the room had such an elegant warmness to it. It was beautiful! Hourglass Lighting was great!!

Sent on 07/28/2013

Danielle · Married on 09/27/2014

Steve did an awesome job with the lighting for our wedding. It created the perfect atmosphere for our wedding. Not only was the lighting exquisite, but Steve could not have been more accommodating or helpful throughout the whole process. He went above and beyond to help us have the perfect day.

Sent on 10/20/2014

Steven · Married on 09/13/2014

Hourglass provided the exact feel and look that we were asking for. Steve Fernandez provided our guests an awesome experience. Everyone enjoyed the lighting and club like feel. The lighting was on point and everyone was very professional. We enjoyed working with this vendor and will again provided the chance.

Sent on 09/17/2014

Monica · Married on 08/31/2014

Steve at Hourglass Lighting was incredibly responsive and helpful. We had no issues with their arrival time or setup, and working with them was very straight forward and easy. The lights transformed the room and think the value was totally worth it!

Sent on 09/18/2014

Caren · Married on 08/16/2014

Hourglass Lighting transformed our plain white wedding tent into a romantic space, echoing a sunset, that all our guests complimented. The lighting in our photos turned out beautifully.

Sent on 09/30/2014

Victoria · Married on 08/01/2014

Steve, of Hourglass Lighting, was terrific to work with and provided excellent service for my daughter's wedding at The Garrison, in Garrison, New York. My daughter wanted the decorative lighting touch over the dance floor of hanging white lanterns. We had despaired of being able to find a vendor who could provide the artistic look desired at an affordable price, until we found Steve. He suggested silk, rather than paper, lanterns for a very classy and artistic overall look which he achieved with his unique magnetic hanging system. The end result was perfect! We would recommend him to anyone without reservation!

Sent on 08/04/2014

Mindy · Married on 06/14/2014

Steve was such a great help with the Monogram & giving us choices & making sure we were happy with it.
    I will definitely recommend & use Hourglass again.

Sent on 06/21/2014

Katie P. · Married on 06/13/2014

Steve was wonderful to work with for our wedding (June 2014). He is so professional and talented! The lighting was perfect! The purple lighting was exactly what we wanted and envisioned! He made the tent where our reception was held look magical! PERFECT! THANK YOU!

Sent on 07/20/2014

Dana · Married on 06/07/2014

My husband and I held our reception at the Grandview and with over 300 guests attending we needed a little something extra to create the club/party vibe ww were going. Our sales coordinator recommended Hourglass Lighting, and after seeing samples of other things events they've done at the Grandview it was a no-brainer.

For anyone wondering about cost, the difference financially between DJ uplighting and Hourglass Lighting was minimal, but the end results are incomparable!

(Having a DJ provide lighting is like having your florist take the pictures; sure they CAN do it, but it's not their specialty.)

Sent on 07/08/2014

steve & his crew did the lighting for our wedding and everything turned out beautiful

we highly recommend his services

Sent on 07/01/2014

The lighting was fantastic and was everything we expected

Sent on 06/19/2014
  • I

Ingrid · Married on 05/24/2014

My husband and I were amazed at the lighting for our wedding reception space. Steve knew exactly what would work with our unique space and he nailed it!!! He was a pleasure to work with and very responsive to our ideas. We were so happy with the quality and vision of Hourglass Lighting.

Sent on 06/20/2014

Joselyne · event on: 04/05/2014

At first I wasn't sure if I should do lighting for my sons baptism. I'm so glad I did, the room looked amazing really breathtaking. I worked in center pieces for weeks and last min something went wrong but I didn't stress over it so much because just the lighting itself was enough to really set the mood for the party. All my guest complimented me on great the venue looked. And see all the pictures afterwords the lighting is truly amazing. From the moment I called Hourglass my phone calls and emails were taken care of immediately and very professionally. It was such a pleasure working with them.

Sent on 04/07/2014

Hourglass Lighting did a BEAUTIFUL job at our autumn wedding at Bear Mountain Inn, NY. Our outdoor ceremony kicked off at 6pm, and in mid-October. We knew the sun would be setting, and wanted to be prepared in case it was too dark to see us! Thank goodness we made the decision to have lighting done because by the time the ceremony wrapped up it was nearly pitch black out!
    Steve provided string lights for our ceremony, and it was absolutely perfect. It added so much ambience and just looked cool. He also added some string lighting and up lighting to our reception which also made a world of difference in the room.
    Beyond the fantastic decor, Steve was a pleasure to work with and very responsive. Well worth it!!

Sent on 10/30/2013

Jennifer · Married on 10/11/2013

We were married at Catlin Gardens. Our theme was "fall in love". Steve transformed the room. It really felt romantic with the amber up lighting and the fall leaf lighting on the dance floor. It was absolutely amazing!!

Sent on 10/26/2013

Renee · Married on 08/16/2013

The Perfect Mood
    Steve of Hour Glass Lighting is one of the Best in the business. He set the mood perfect for our wedding, elegant yet fun and vibrant. Thank you Steve for being the icing on the cake! Derrick & Renée Schmidt ~8/16/13 ~

Sent on 09/06/2013