Hourglass Lighting Reviews

56 Reviews for Hourglass Lighting

56 Hourglass Lighting Reviews

Brianna Palazzo · Married on 10/26/2018

Beautiful!

Steve from hourglass lighting was a gem to work with! He explained everything about lighting so easily to someone who knew absolutely nothing about wedding lighting. After we came to a decision about what we wanted (with Steves help), we just spoke with him a few more times and he set up the day of the wedding so simply and reliably!!! Very beautiful work and very pleasant to deal with. Would definitely recommend!

Sent on 11/07/2018

Hourglass Lighting's reply:

Thanks Brianna! you were so wonderful to work with and i’m glad the centerpiece lighting worked out.

Michael · Married on 11/03/2017

Steve and his son were very good. They had good ideas, and were punctual.

Danica · Married on 10/14/2017

Hourglass Lighting was a phenomenal addition to our beautiful fall wedding. Steve was there from the very beginning to answer any/all questions we had and he helped light up our ballroom and make our night that much more special. We highly recommend Hourglass Lighting for your special event, they’re awesome! Thanks guys :)

Sent on 12/01/2017

Hourglass Lighting's reply:

Hi Danica, Thank you very much for letting us be part of your beautiful wedding. The Hotel Thayer is a special place for me. All the best to you both.

Kelly · Married on 10/07/2017

We have used Hourglass Lighting for our past two annual fundraising events. Each event had a specific theme and Hourglass Lighting was able to provide lighting that matched each theme perfectly! The first event was a winter theme. Hourglass Lighting used blue lighting with white snowflakes. The lighting made the room and the guests loved the ambiance the lighting created! The second event’s theme was “Havana Nights”. Again, Hourglass Lighting picked out a perfect lighting scheme! The lighting pulled together all of the decorations and made the room feel like you were in a tropical paradise in the middle of the Fall. Thank you Hourglass Lighting!!!

Sent on 11/21/2017

Hourglass Lighting's reply:

Thanks Kelly it’s always a pleasure working together and for such an important cause.

Melissa · Married on 09/16/2017

Flowers are important but the proper lighting makes the wedding! The uplighting gave the room warmth and depth. The pin lighting showcased the beautiful arrangements we had on the tables along with the wedding cake. The room was totally transformed and beautiful! This is the second wedding we have used Steve because he is flexible, creative, and reliable. Thank you for making the wedding so special!

Sent on 10/14/2017

Hourglass Lighting's reply:

Thank you so much Melissa it was our pleasure it's been wonderful working with your mom!

Nicole · Married on 09/03/2017

By the time our wedding arrived, Steve truly felt like family!! He and his crew were so easy to work with and the lighting pulled our entire venue together. Steve provided suggestions and worked with us to turn our tented reception into a dream come true. We received compliments all night and even our venue commented they had never seen their tent look so beautiful! Would highly recommend!!

Hourglass Lighting 1
    Hourglass Lighting 2
    Hourglass Lighting 3

Cheryl · Married on 06/17/2017

The first word that came to mind when I saw the lighting at my daughter's wedding venue, the Pavilion at Mohonk Mountain House, was SPECTACULAR! Steve Fernandez of Hourglass Lighting did an outstanding job of creating a "magical" ambiance that was in perfect balance with the overall beauty of the outdoor pavilion and its natural surroundings.

Sent on 10/17/2017
    Hourglass Lighting 4
    Hourglass Lighting 5

Hourglass Lighting's reply:

Thanks Cheryl, It was nice meeting you all and such a pleasure to be part Krysti's wedding! Thank you for posting photos too! :)

Katie · Married on 06/03/2017

The lights Steve put up at our venue made all the difference in transforming the location! He was great to work with and took the time so talk with us over the phone to make sure we got exactly what we were looking for.

Sent on 10/12/2017

Hourglass Lighting's reply:

Hi Katie It as was a pleasure working together at Mohonk Mountain House thanks again for choosing our services and all the best!

Jessica · Married on 12/10/2016

So glad we used Hourglass Lighting. Steve was a pleasure to work with, and he truly transformed the ambiance of the ballroom to be JUST what we wanted it to be. HIGHLY recommend!!!!

Sent on 12/28/2016

Hourglass Lighting's reply:

Hi Jessie, Thank you very much! Winter wedding themes are so beautiful at The Grandview glad we could do our part.

nancy · Married on 11/13/2016

Steve could not have been more accommodating in working with us to provide an exceptional lighting experience. We were very specific as to what we wanted and had to overcome some technical challenges within the venue. Steve was creative, and at the same time pragmatic as to what we were able to accomplish. The wedding was spectacular - and since flowers and lighting are what create the atmosphere, Steve and his team gave us an incredibly memorable day. From a logistics point of view, the team was reliable, communicative and overall fantastic. I could not be more enthusiastic about recommending Steve and endorsing him and his company.

Sent on 12/28/2016

Hourglass Lighting's reply:

Thank you Nancy it was a pleasure and lots of fun working together!!! I love seeing a plan come together :)

Martha · Married on 09/17/2016

After many visits to our venue, we knew we needed Uplighting on our big day (truly - see your venue with and without it!!). Hourglass was so easy to work with, and really one of the most behind the scenes parts of our day. I've never met them in person, I didn't see them the day of, but in the end, they made our space look perfect and it was one less thing to worry about!

Alyse · Married on 09/03/2016

THE BEST OF THE BEST! Steve of hourglass lighting is absolutely phenomenal to work with! I wanted the lighting to look a specific and unique way and I had many questions during the process. Steve was right there answering all of my questions with lightening fast speed. I had never felt so confident in booking a vendor before. He was even answering my questions during nights and weekends! He was such a great help during the whole process and even assisted me with areas that was beyond his call of duty. I wanted to rent wine barrels for our ceremony and didn't know who to ask and where to get them. Steve recommended where I could find them in the area - this was truly above and beyond. The day of I was so excited to see the lighting and let me tell you the lighting was beyond our wildest expectations it was so so so completely gorgeous, it made the entire venue come alive !!! We were on a tight budget and at first debating if we should add the lighting since lets face it lighting is not as important as the food on your plate but wow what a phenomenal decision it was. The lighting really made the entire party and I can't imagine my wedding would have been half as good without it. This is an investment SO well worth it, if you are at all considering lighting for your wedding, do yourself a favor and hire Steve! Regardless of whatever venue you picked he will make it 100 times more beautiful. We couldn't have been any happier, Steve you are a super star! A million thanks from a very happy bride and groom!

Sent on 11/23/2016

Hourglass Lighting's reply:

Ohhh Alyse, Thank You so very much! It was such a pleasure working with you AND thank you for the photos! One is definitely going on the web site. Have a Wonderful Thanksgiving.....I'll be thinking about this review all week!

Kyra · Married on 07/16/2016

I chose Hourglass Lighting to provide services for both my ceremony and reception at The Doral Arrowwood. Hourglass Lighting provided pipe & drape for my (a white backdrop) and blush lighting for my ceremony, which helped to create the romantic setting I was looking for. For the reception, they provided purple uplighting which illuminated the room and provided a party atmosphere (my guests raved about how beautiful the room looked)! Hourglass lighting was extremely easy to work with creating less stress for me on the day of. I communicated via e-mail with Steve who was very helpful in my decision making process and always timely in his responses. The cost was reasonable compared to other vendors. The process was seamless and the lighting helped make our day perfect! Steve was great to work with and we highly recommend Hourglass Lighting for any lighting services.

Sent on 10/23/2016

Hourglass Lighting's reply:

Thank you Kyra! Easy and less stress is a good thing :) Thank you again for choosing our services!

Courtney · Married on 06/18/2016

Steve did a great job with the lighting at our Roundhouse wedding. He was significantly less expensive than the other vendors we considered, and we were very happy with how everything turned out. He was responsive and helpful by email leading up to the wedding. Definitely recommended!

Sent on 07/23/2016

Hourglass Lighting's reply:

Thank you very much for taking the time to review us it was our pleasure to be of service for your wedding!
  • F

Ferve · Married on 05/28/2016

We chose to work with Hourglass Lighting for our wedding at the Mohonk Mountain House on memorial day weekend 2016. The results were absolutely stunning and blew away our expectations.

The lighting designer Steve Fernandez was familiar with the Mohonk and had designed there before many times. The dinner was at the Pavilion, a large, stone-pillared roofed open area the size of a barn. Our vision was for stringed festoon lights to create a fairy-tale like wedding. Steve worked closely with us on our site visit and through many calls to talk through how to enact our vision. Steve was very knowledgeable, creative and hard-working. He was also mindful of the electricity output and worked directly with the other vendors.

When we arrived at the dinner after the cocktail hour, we were stunned with how beautiful the lights were. It was the perfect amount of light; a romantic atmosphere and not too dark or light. The stringed lights were truly dream-like and incredibly beautiful. Steve had said there was a generator running but we didn’t hear anything. It was also good value based on the cost of similar lighting arrangements, and well worth the cost. We are so pleased with Hourglass Lighting and strongly recommend them.

Jennifer · Married on 10/17/2015

Steve was amazing! We told him we wanted an autumn theme with orange and reds and he even incorporated leaves on the ceiling of our tent! It was amazing all our guests thought it fit the thee perfectly. Steve was also extremely easy to work with and also quickly answered my questions! My husband and I would highly recommend him to any for up lighting he is a true professional!

Steve brought to life the wedding of our dreams! My husband and I got married at the grandview in Poughkeepsie, NY overlooking the beautiful Hudson Riiver this past August. With the sunset being later in the evening I wanted to create the sunset experience in the ballroom for my guests. Steve was very helpful in picking the right candlelight color and feel we wanted. When I walked into the ballroom the day of the wedding I was blown away. I was definitely nervous because of course you want it to be perfect and Steve made it incredible simple and easy and of course perfect! Thank you Steve your the best!

Andy · Married on 08/15/2015

It was a pleasure working with Hourglass Lighting. They were very accommodating, professional, responsive and they delivered a beautiful product. I would recommend them to enhance any venue!

• Adanna

Adanna · Married on 07/19/2015

Steve at Hourglass Lighting was a pleasure to work with. He made our wedding look amazing! Very professional and fast response time. We had no worries when it came to working with Steve! Everything was perfect.

Adanna · Married on 07/19/2015

Steve was a pleasure to work with!!! We were skeptical about using lighting since our wedding was in the prime of summer but we are so glad that went through with working with Hourglass Lighting. The lighting at our wedding was AMAZING and really made our reception look different and beautiful. The lighting truly helps to create a different atmosphere! Steve was very friendly and quick to respond to any of our questions. I would definitely recommend Hourglass Lighting to anyone who wants to make their wedding look that much more Amazing!!!!!!

Alexsandra · Married on 06/06/2015

Steve was wonderful to work with. He and his crew were prompt and did a beautiful job. They were also incredibly reasonable; they really worked with me to fit our budget. I highly recommend their services to anyone looking!

Lighting is one of those things that is so subtle, but makes such a big difference. Hourglass Lighting was great to work with. We were looking for something simple yet tasteful, and they had plenty to choose from.

Alyssa · Married on 10/25/2014

Hourglass lighting was incredible! When I contacted the company, the owner replied quickly and offered to work out a payment plan because we booked him late in the planning process. We used this vendor because our venue has worked with them repeatedly and we know why! Amazing! Lighting is a must have at your wedding! It transforms the entire evening. Our big day was absolutely stunning and everyone is still talking about how magical the room was. I would highly recommend this company!

BIANCA · Married on 10/13/2014

Steve was great! He was so easy to talk to and made it all very simple. He was very fast to respond with any and all thoughts and questions I had. He was a pleasure to work with. He came in on the day of set everything up as it needed to be and after the event he came back and took it down. I received a lot of compliments on his work - the uplighting pulled the room together. With the colors of the linens, the candles and the glow from the uplighting the room had such an elegant warmness to it. It was beautiful! Hourglass Lighting was great!!