Hourglass Lighting Reviews

68 Reviews for Hourglass Lighting

• Caitlin

Caitlin & Andrew · Getting married on 04/09/2021

Super Easy

Steve & co. did a great job and dealing with them was extremely easy, in part probably because they've worked with our venue (the Garrison) pretty regularly. Thanks!

Sent on 11/17/2019

Hi Caitlin,

Thank you for letting us be part of your wedding and for taking time to write a review! It’s true we are at Garrison Country Club quite often. The views of the Hudson River Valley are spectacular and everyone there is so wonderful to work with.
  • William

William Wasser · Married on 12/10/2019

Enhanced Atmosphere

Who would have thought something as simple as enhanced lighting would have created such a wonderful ambience and made the wedding highly successful. Steve provided great suggestions as to which lighting and shade of to enhance the reception. Steve was great to work with and did exactly what he said he would do and the results speak for themselves. Highly recommend Hourglass Lighting.

Sent on 10/18/2019

Hourglass Lighting's reply:

Thank you Bill for letting us be part of your daughter’s wedding! Le Chamboard was very impressed so I think we’ll be back :)

• Kori

Kori · Married on 11/09/2019

Lighting transformed our venue! Amazing service! Great value! Fantastic Vendor!!!!

We hired Hourglass lighting for uplighting and pin spot lighting for centerpieces for our wedding and it transformed our venue!! After seeing pictures of wedding centerpieces with and without pin spot lighting we knew this was something that we wanted. Our wedding reception was at the Omni Providence Hotel and after doing A LOT of research and talking to WAYY too many lighting vendors we finally found Steve and knew he was our guy. Steve was super easy to work with, he is an expert in lighting and knew exactly what we needed to set the tone and ambiance for our wedding and told us what we didn't need and where we could save money. Steve told us we didn't need pin spot lighting on every table we should just do it on the tall centerpieces, cake table, and the head table to really make those spots pop. And in terms of the uplighting, he knew exactly how many we needed and where to put them and what colors to set etc. For the service, quality, and value there is no one in New England who can compete with Hourglass Lighting.

Sent on 12/05/2019

Hi Kori
    Thank you for the opportunity to be part of your wedding! It was truly a beautiful event. We loved working with Michael and speaking with your dad. The drapery company was wonderful too. All the best to you both and Happy Holliday’s.

Morgan · Married on 10/19/2019

Spectacular!

Steve and Dan were so accomadating to make my special day everything I ever dreamed of. I got married in a beautiful barn and the lights made it more perfect! Highly recommend!

Sent on 12/04/2019

Hourglass Lighting's reply:

Morgan it was our pleasure we loved working with you, your mom, and your aunt!
    Thanks again. What a beautiful barn it was.
  • Dilascio

Lauren · Married on 09/20/2019

Thank you Steve!!

The lights made such a difference in our room! It changed the whole ambiance of the night! It felt romantic and intimate! We can’t thank hourglass for the best price we got out of all the vendors! The job was done right!

Sent on 09/27/2019

Thanks Lauren!

It was our pleasure and a joy working with you and everyone at Bear Mountain Inn. Our best to you both.

Shannon Poss · Married on 06/29/2019

Great job!

I was very happy with the lighting I received for my barn wedding - it was very reasonable as well and he was quick, low maintenance! Would recommend.

Sent on 12/04/2019

Hi Shannon,

Thank you again for choosing our services and taking time to write a review. Beaverkill Valley Inn is a very special place. Everyone there was a joy to work with. All the best to you both.

Brianna Palazzo · Married on 10/26/2018

Beautiful!

Steve from hourglass lighting was a gem to work with! He explained everything about lighting so easily to someone who knew absolutely nothing about wedding lighting. After we came to a decision about what we wanted (with Steves help), we just spoke with him a few more times and he set up the day of the wedding so simply and reliably!!! Very beautiful work and very pleasant to deal with. Would definitely recommend!

Sent on 11/06/2018

Hourglass Lighting's reply:

Thanks Brianna! you were so wonderful to work with and i’m glad the centerpiece lighting worked out.

Mikaela · Married on 09/14/2018

Beautiful Bistro Lights

Hourglass was super easy to work with and definitely delivered on my expectations. We got married at the NYBG and the bistro lighting they put up on the terrace really made our ceremony and reception extra special. Thank you Steve!

Sent on 12/20/2018

Hi Mikaela,

A real pleasure working together from start to finish....and the weather was perfect!!!

Matthew Menaquale · Married on 06/30/2018

Great Value and Quality

Hourglass was timely, accurate, and easy to work with. Great value if you are looking for professional lighting that looks amazing!

Sent on 11/29/2018

Hi Matt,

Thank you for letting us be part of your special day. It was truly a pleasure working with you!

Brian · Married on 06/01/2018

Gorgeous lights at Mohonk

Steve and Hourglass Lighting provided some amazing lighting to my June wedding up at Mohonk Mountain House. From the first email, Steve was extremely easy to work with, whether it was to let us know the various lighting options to examples of the various lighting offerings at the actual venue itself.

Once we agreed on the date and lighting option, that was the last I had to worry about it! He worked directly with the venue to show up the day before to set up so I had literally nothing to do except show up. There was a lot of things I had to worry about in planning my wedding, but this was not one of them.

I highly recommend Steve and Hourglass Lighting.

Sent on 11/27/2018

Hourglass Lighting's reply:

Brian thank you so much! Planning a wedding can be stressful with so many moving parts. I’m glad our part was not one of them. All the best to you both.

Emily · Married on 05/12/2018

Beautiful lighting!

Steve did an amazing job on the lighting for my wedding! He was very responsive and easy to communicate with. When the pictures I had didn’t have the exact color I was looking for, he was able to create my vision exactly. The room looked beautiful and the color came our great in my photos. I highly recommend Steve for event lighting!

Sent on 11/29/2018

Hi Emily!

Matching color exactly is good! :)
    Thank you very much for choosing our services.

-steve
  • Theresa

Theresa · Married on 05/11/2018

If I could give 9 million stars I would. My now husband and I planned on paying for the majority of our wedding ourselves, so when I was booking vendors I struggled so much trying to decide what my wedding actually needed, and what I was being brainwashed by the industry into thinking I needed. So being honest I struggled whether to book or not being my venue offered up lighting for a couple hundred cheaper . And when your in that wedding planning panic you with these huge numbers coming at your bCk to back to back, you loose sight of reality and at least
    For me, tried to only spend where I felt absolutely necessary. It wasn’t until I read some Testimonial on Steve’s website that made me book. It said something along the lines of having a DJ/venue provide your lighting is like having your florist take pics- they can but it’s not their speciality . I booked and I can confidently say it was the best decision I made. You don’t even realiZe how much the lighting sets the tone for the ambiance and overall vibe of your event. And needless to say Steve blew away my expectations. Steve was just a genuine joy to work with. He was so understanding to my hectic schedule as a nurse and worked with my hours to communicate whenever I needed. He helped me form the vision I wanted but didn’t know how to put into words. I could honestly go on for yours giving him accolades. All I can Say if for brides crunching numbers and trying to figure out what you absolutey need and dont, hiring Steve was single-handledly one of the best decisions I ever made. Ant other wedding I’ve ever been too, the uplighting was so intense, any picture I personally took was drowned out by whatever color the newlyweds chose . Everything else concerning uplifting that I’ve ever seen Seemed tacky and harsh. Mine was so beautiful it literally brought tears to my eyes when I was able to first walk in my venue . Perfection is an understatement .

Sent on 06/02/2018

Hourglass Lighting's reply:

Thank you so much Theresa wow what a wonderful review! I understand how hectic things can be and glad we could help. All the best to you both.

Michael · Married on 11/03/2017

Steve and his son were very good. They had good ideas, and were punctual.

Sent on 11/23/2017

Danica · Married on 10/14/2017

Hourglass Lighting was a phenomenal addition to our beautiful fall wedding. Steve was there from the very beginning to answer any/all questions we had and he helped light up our ballroom and make our night that much more special. We highly recommend Hourglass Lighting for your special event, they’re awesome! Thanks guys :)

Sent on 12/01/2017

Hi Danica,
    Thank you very much for letting us be part of your beautiful wedding. The Hotel Thayer is a special place for me. All the best to you both.

Kelly · Married on 10/07/2017

We have used Hourglass Lighting for our past two annual fundraising events. Each event had a specific theme and Hourglass Lighting was able to provide lighting that matched each theme perfectly! The first event was a winter theme. Hourglass Lighting used blue lighting with white snowflakes. The lighting made the room and the guests loved the ambiance the lighting created! The second event’s theme was “Havana Nights”. Again, Hourglass Lighting picked out a perfect lighting scheme! The lighting pulled together all of the decorations and made the room feel like you were in a tropical paradise in the middle of the Fall. Thank you Hourglass Lighting!!!

Sent on 11/21/2017

Hourglass Lighting's reply:

Thanks Kelly it’s always a pleasure working together and for such an important cause.

Melissa · Married on 09/16/2017

Flowers are important but the proper lighting makes the wedding! The uplighting gave the room warmth and depth. The pin lighting showcased the beautiful arrangements we had on the tables along with the wedding cake. The room was totally transformed and beautiful! This is the second wedding we have used Steve because he is flexible, creative, and reliable. Thank you for making the wedding so special!

Sent on 10/14/2017

Hourglass Lighting's reply:

Thank you so much Melissa it was our pleasure it's been wonderful working with your mom!

Nicole · Married on 09/03/2017

By the time our wedding arrived, Steve truly felt like family!! He and his crew were so easy to work with and the lighting pulled our entire venue together. Steve provided suggestions and worked with us to turn our tented reception into a dream come true. We received compliments all night and even our venue commented they had never seen their tent look so beautiful! Would highly recommend!!

Sent on 12/04/2017

Cheryl · Married on 06/17/2017

The first word that came to mind when I saw the lighting at my daughter's wedding venue, the Pavilion at Mohonk Mountain House, was SPECTACULAR! Steve Fernandez of Hourglass Lighting did an outstanding job of creating a "magical" ambiance that was in perfect balance with the overall beauty of the outdoor pavilion and its natural surroundings.

Sent on 10/17/2017

Thanks Cheryl,
    It was nice meeting you all and such a pleasure to be part Krysti's wedding! Thank you for posting photos too! :)

Katie · Married on 06/03/2017

The lights Steve put up at our venue made all the difference in transforming the location! He was great to work with and took the time so talk with us over the phone to make sure we got exactly what we were looking for.

Sent on 10/12/2017

Hi Katie
    It as was a pleasure working together at Mohonk Mountain House thanks again for choosing our services and all the best!

Jessica · Married on 12/10/2016

So glad we used Hourglass Lighting. Steve was a pleasure to work with, and he truly transformed the ambiance of the ballroom to be JUST what we wanted it to be. HIGHLY recommend!!!!

Sent on 12/28/2016

Hi Jessie,
    Thank you very much!
    Winter wedding themes are so beautiful at The Grandview glad we could do our part.

nancy · Married on 11/13/2016

Steve could not have been more accommodating in working with us to provide an exceptional lighting experience. We were very specific as to what we wanted and had to overcome some technical challenges within the venue. Steve was creative, and at the same time pragmatic as to what we were able to accomplish. The wedding was spectacular - and since flowers and lighting are what create the atmosphere, Steve and his team gave us an incredibly memorable day. From a logistics point of view, the team was reliable, communicative and overall fantastic. I could not be more enthusiastic about recommending Steve and endorsing him and his company.

Sent on 12/28/2016

Hourglass Lighting's reply:

Thank you Nancy it was a pleasure and lots of fun working together!!! I love seeing a plan come together :)

Martha · Married on 09/17/2016

After many visits to our venue, we knew we needed Uplighting on our big day (truly - see your venue with and without it!!). Hourglass was so easy to work with, and really one of the most behind the scenes parts of our day. I've never met them in person, I didn't see them the day of, but in the end, they made our space look perfect and it was one less thing to worry about!

Sent on 02/09/2017

Alyse · Married on 09/03/2016

THE BEST OF THE BEST! Steve of hourglass lighting is absolutely phenomenal to work with! I wanted the lighting to look a specific and unique way and I had many questions during the process. Steve was right there answering all of my questions with lightening fast speed. I had never felt so confident in booking a vendor before. He was even answering my questions during nights and weekends! He was such a great help during the whole process and even assisted me with areas that was beyond his call of duty. I wanted to rent wine barrels for our ceremony and didn't know who to ask and where to get them. Steve recommended where I could find them in the area - this was truly above and beyond. The day of I was so excited to see the lighting and let me tell you the lighting was beyond our wildest expectations it was so so so completely gorgeous, it made the entire venue come alive !!! We were on a tight budget and at first debating if we should add the lighting since lets face it lighting is not as important as the food on your plate but wow what a phenomenal decision it was. The lighting really made the entire party and I can't imagine my wedding would have been half as good without it. This is an investment SO well worth it, if you are at all considering lighting for your wedding, do yourself a favor and hire Steve! Regardless of whatever venue you picked he will make it 100 times more beautiful. We couldn't have been any happier, Steve you are a super star! A million thanks from a very happy bride and groom!

Sent on 11/23/2016

Hourglass Lighting's reply:

Ohhh Alyse, Thank You so very much!
    It was such a pleasure working with you AND thank you for the photos! One is definitely going on the web site. Have a Wonderful Thanksgiving.....I'll be thinking about this review all week!

Kyra · Married on 07/16/2016

I chose Hourglass Lighting to provide services for both my ceremony and reception at The Doral Arrowwood. Hourglass Lighting provided pipe & drape for my (a white backdrop) and blush lighting for my ceremony, which helped to create the romantic setting I was looking for. For the reception, they provided purple uplighting which illuminated the room and provided a party atmosphere (my guests raved about how beautiful the room looked)! Hourglass lighting was extremely easy to work with creating less stress for me on the day of. I communicated via e-mail with Steve who was very helpful in my decision making process and always timely in his responses. The cost was reasonable compared to other vendors. The process was seamless and the lighting helped make our day perfect! Steve was great to work with and we highly recommend Hourglass Lighting for any lighting services.

Sent on 10/23/2016

Hourglass Lighting's reply:

Thank you Kyra! Easy and less stress is a good thing :)
    Thank you again for choosing our services!

Courtney · Married on 06/18/2016

Steve did a great job with the lighting at our Roundhouse wedding. He was significantly less expensive than the other vendors we considered, and we were very happy with how everything turned out. He was responsive and helpful by email leading up to the wedding. Definitely recommended!

Sent on 07/23/2016

Hourglass Lighting's reply:

Thank you very much for taking the time to review us it was our pleasure to be of service for your wedding!