Hotel Blackhawk Reviews

Hotel Blackhawk 7
  • Pat

Pat Mckenna · Getting married on 05/05/2021

Exceptional Service at Hotel Blackhawk

We can't thank HBH staff enough for the outstanding service and care they provided not only during our daughter's wedding reception but to our hotel guests. HBH staff immediately and gladly responded to all our requests ranging from needing bar stools in the room for makeup to bringing pitchers of water for flowers. Kaitlin Clevenger, Property Sales Manager, and Samantha Brain, Rooms Specialist, were exceptional throughout the entire process from providing recommendations/options to hands on assistance the weekend of the event. Highly recommend the HBH for an event.

Sent on 05/29/2019
  • Joe

Joe Dobosz · Getting married on 01/04/2020

Best Wedding Ever

What an outstanding wedding it turned out to be. The compliments and excellent feedback by our guests were flying all night long. The hotel and staff was a 5 STAR CLASS ACT. We received no complaints by any guests about their rooms, dinner, or anything else. From the time we arrived to the time we departed, the hotel was spot-on.

The gentleman who handle the breakfast buffet the next day was fantastic. He worked so hard at making sure the room was prepped, used plates were cleared from tables, and always checked with us to see if we needed anything and were satisfied. We ended up with more people than expected so he brought in another table with additional chairs to handle the overflow. Everybody showed up within the first half hour. UGH! The food was delicious and kept warm. Thank you for that.

Most of all, we want to thank Kaitlin Clevenger for coordinating this wedding. Kaitlin is also 5 STAR CLASS ACT. Her focus on getting everything right and to our satisfaction was exceptional. Outstanding individual who got it all right. There is nothing we would ever change or do differently. The memories we now have are joyous and satisfying. Extremely appreciative.

Thank you Kaitlin and the Hotel Blackhawk Group.

Sent on 04/17/2019
  • Kristyn

Kristyn · Married on 08/31/2019

Exceptional

I got married on 8/31/2019. It was a dream for us to have our wedding here and we really never thought it would even be possible. Luckily the staff worked with us and figured out a way that we could make our dream wedding come true. I was blown away from my first meeting. It was amazing that there was a team of people willing to work with us to find a way to have our wedding on their property. The level of service that the entire hotel staff delivered went above and beyond our expectations. Katherine was an absolute dream to work with. She was assigned our wedding at the last minute due to staff changes. I was nervous at first because I had been working with the previous planner for over a year. Katherine went through all of our paperwork and emails. When we first met with her it was like she had been planning this with us all along. She really took the time to read the correspondence and understand our vision for our special day. She even helped work through last minute issues we had with other vendors days leading up to the wedding that were not in her control. The week of the wedding, the day of the wedding, and days after I felt like I had a friend helping me every step of the way and problem solving with me to make things perfect. Her attentiveness and genuine care for us allowed us to put complete trust in her.

If this venue even crosses your mind as an option schedule an appointment to meet with them. You will not be disappointed. The entire staff will really show you what exceptional service is. The banquet staff, the bar staff (at both bars), the front desk staff, bellhop, housekeeping, and Katherine were beyond perfect. If I could do it all over again I would not change a thing.

Thank you Katherine Perry and Hotel Blackhawk for helping us throw the best party!

Sent on 09/26/2019
  • Suzanne

Suzanne Desutter · Married on 08/24/2019

Perfect Wedding Reception Venue

We held our daughter’s wedding reception at Hotel Blackhawk.... and we could not have been more pleased! The wedding coordinator, Katherine, was efficient and friendly.... and always accessible when we had questions. The Gold Room is breathtaking! As our daughter now lives in the Chicago area, this is where the majority of our guests were from.... and even they were impressed Hotel Blackhawk! Several of us stayed in the hotel rooms, which were clean and up to date. My daughter and I had our hair styled in their salon on her wedding day.... and were thrilled with the outcome! (Thank you Anna and Lily!) Also I left my MOB dress in the room when we checked out... and the manager made a special effort to retrieve it for me within a few minutes of my call. Without hesitation, my husband and I would recommend this hotel for a wedding reception!

Sent on 09/30/2019
  • Marissa

Marissa · Married on 08/03/2019

HBH gave me my dream wedding!

My husband and I were married at the Hotel Blackhawk on 8/3/19. During the wedding planning process the HBH hired a new wedding planner. I was originally very nervous but I had no reason to be. Katherine Perry was beyond amazing and stepped in and did a wonderful job. She went above and beyond during our rehearsal as well as the entire day of the wedding. I panicked when I realized that an online rose petal order did not go through during my rehearsal and within an hour she had called local shops and was able to get me the rose petals of my dreams for my ceremony. The day of the wedding she was amazing as well and did everything in her power to ensure that my day was as stress free as possible. She was not only an amazing wedding coordinator for the day but she felt like an old friend who was there whenever she was needed! She was always there to make sure everything was going okay and if anything was needed. Not only did she ask my husband and I but she made sure the wedding party and our parents had everything they needed. She went above and beyond her duties the entire process and I would HIGHLY recommend the Hotel Blackhawk to anyone looking for a wedding. She is as GREAT as they come. She was detail-oriented, prompt, professional, and most of all a huge sweetheart who makes the wedding planning process fun and not stressful.

In regards to the Hotel itself, all my guests complemented how beautiful the venue was and friendly the staff was. I am still almost a month later having my guests go on and on about how great the appetizers and dinner was. I was originally nervous about how prompt the delivery service would be for a 210 person reception would be and if all of the food would be as amazing as the tasting was but WOW they nailed it. I was seriously impressed with their prompt and friendly service.

In conclusion, Hotel Blackhawk knocked it out of the park and exceeded all my expectations on every level for my wedding. They helped give me my dream wedding and I could not be more appreciative.

Sent on 08/27/2019
    Hotel Blackhawk 8
    Hotel Blackhawk 9
    Hotel Blackhawk 10
  • Robin

Robin Olson · Married on 05/10/2019

After wedding brunch

We held a brunch at the Blackhawk for our out-of-town guests after our daughter's wedding. Katherine was so responsive and easy to work with. I went early on Sunday thinking I would have to arrange the flowers on each table, but they were all ready for us. The food was delicious and the wait staff couldn't have been more friendly. Our friends and family were impressed; it was a great way to end our weekend of celebration!

Sent on 10/12/2019
  • Jennifer

Jennifer · Married on 04/13/2019

Beautiful Venue

This location was amazing. So beautiful and the staff are amazing. They really gave me my dream wedding!

Sent on 05/08/2019

Michael Mccracken · Married on 03/15/2019

This is an awesome place to have your wedding.

My daughters wedding was last weekend. The venue is classic, beautiful and the hotel staff is in very accommodating. Kaitlin, our wedding planner, made the entire experience easy and wonderful. If you are looking for a place for your reception, this is it.

Sent on 03/20/2019

Allison Taylor · Married on 02/23/2019

Exceptional

Hotel Blackhawk helped make our vision a reality. They are very professional and helpful!

Sent on 03/05/2019

Lindsay · Married on 12/15/2018

No Worries!

Everything was great! They handled the coordination of vendors, they shuttled us to the Current for pictures, set-up the welcome tables, etc. Kaitlin went above and beyond to assist us! I didn't have to lift my finger the day of the wedding.

Sent on 01/02/2019

Susan Ulrich · Married on 10/13/2018

Rehearsal Dinner at the Blackhawk

My husband and I arranged with Kaitlin to host the rehearsal dinner for our son and his fiancee and the wedding party, following their rehearsal just up the street at Trinity Episcopal Cathedral. As we live in North Carolina, most of the arrangements had to be made via e-mail and telephone. Kaitlin was the ultimate professional and was very helpful with suggestions regarding details (including suggesting a salon for the MOG for an updo on the wedding day!). Our rehearsal dinner evening was lovely and went off without a hitch. Well done!

Sent on 10/18/2018

Brenna · Married on 08/24/2018

What an absolute wonderful experience we had with Hotel Blackhawk. Kaitlin was perfect in every way helping us coordinate our reception. Her quick and informative responses to my crazy questions were always appreciated. Hands down, the best person I have ever worked with. The spa did the bridal parties hair and makeup and they did an amazing job!! I loved having everything right there in one place and the hotel made it so easy to do so.

Sent on 09/02/2018

Michelle · Married on 05/26/2018

Choosing Hotel Blackhawk for my ceremony and reception was the best decision we made with our wedding planning. Hotel Blackhawk, especially the Gold Room, is stunning, and totally completed my vision for my wedding. For our many out-of-town guests, they loved the convenience of having our wedding, guest rooms, and many amenities (such as the salon and bowling alley) all under one roof - plus a fun location. Our ceremony was held in the Gold Room, and then the room was “flipped” for the reception while the cocktail hour in the Mezzanine was taking place. For the reception, we used the stage as the dance floor and opened up the connecting Davenport Room to serve as a lounge area with a bar, cocktail tables and couches. We loved this setup for the size of our wedding (160 guests).

Working with Kaitlin Clevenger exceeded our expectations. Working with her put me (and my mom!) at ease, as she was very responsive, organized, and attentive to detail. She went above and beyond to make the day extra special for us and was able to meet every request we had. For example, appetizers and drinks were delivered to our room for us to enjoy for some alone time during cocktail hour, and cake was delivered to our room for us to enjoy at the end of the night. We were also impressed with Kaitlin and the chef during our private tasting with them - so much that we decided to splurge a little for some of the fancier entrees. The execution of the food for the wedding was just what we wanted, and servers and bartenders did their job well.

We are so happy with our experience at Hotel Blackhawk and love every chance we get to go back and visit!

Sent on 09/09/2018
    Hotel Blackhawk 11
    Hotel Blackhawk 12
    Hotel Blackhawk 13

Bill · Married on 05/19/2018

The Hotel Blackhawk and the Gold Room is the perfect venue for a wedding reception and the premier location location in the Quad Cities. We received so many compliments from our guest about the elegance of the Gold Room and their satisfaction with the entire hotel experience.
    Kaitlin Clevenger was fantastic to deal with. I loved her energy, attention to detail, and calmness as the wedding drew closer and all the details were coming together. She was reassuring and as promised everything went perfect!

Sent on 05/23/2018

Paige · Married on 04/27/2018

Hotel Blackhawk holds a special place in my heart. 27 years ago, my parents hosted their wedding reception in the Gold Room. On April 27th, 2018, so did my husband and I.

Thank you to the staff at Hotel Blackhawk for helping us host the most amazing party. Everything was perfect, and we are so thrilled that we chose to spend our weekend at your hotel. It's truly the best in Davenport, and I would recommend hosting a wedding reception at the Gold Room to anyone looking for recommendations. Not only is it beautiful in detail, but it holds the perfect amount of people for an intimate evening (and a rockin' dance party). If you're looking to work with professionals to help make sure your big day is flawless, then Hotel Blackhawk provides you with the right people. THANK YOU Kaitlin Clevenger, for being the greatest event coordinator I could have ever imagined. Kaitlin is a true professional. She is kind, observant, and offers a helping hand whenever its needed. She responded to the millions of e-mails myself, my mom, and others sent to her regarding our event and met with us anytime we needed to go over details, and then go over them again. She helped us throw the perfect party, and was extremely accommodating when working things our with our hotel block, bridal suites, etc. I just can't say thank you enough, Kaitlin for all you did for my family, Kyle, and me. Thank you to those who prepared and served our food the night of our reception. We received so many compliments on how wonderful everything tasted, and we agree ourselves... it. was. good. We also appreciate the privacy that you provided when we came for our food tasting, as we were treated to the private dining room and had every question answered that we threw at them.

Again, our day was perfect, and we owe a lot of that to Hotel Blackhawk.
    Thank you for offering a wonderful space to enjoy a party, and a beautiful hotel to rest our heads after we've danced the night away.

Kyle & Paige Rettig

Hotel Blackhawk 21
    Hotel Blackhawk 22
    Hotel Blackhawk 23

Joshua · Married on 02/17/2018

Working with Kaitlin Clevenger from the Hotel Blackhawk to plan our dream wedding was an absolute pleasure. She is a professional who takes her job very seriously and that is very hard to find, and we did not take that for granted. Kaitlin and her team offered us the comfort and peace of mind that our reception would be a memorable, relaxing, and a super fun experience. Having a wedding reception in the Gold Room at the Hotel Blackhawk is a very special experience. The elegance of the room is timeless. It is difficult to summarize all the details and the back and forth that went into our planning but the point is that you will have a full service staff ready to make sure each detail of your reception is unique to you. All our guests were extremely happy and wowed by all the amenities and beauty of the hotel. The food was delicious (we recommend going with the Platinum buffet for a 200+ reception) and the staff members were all pleasant, professional, and having a fun time being a part of the celebration. In sum, if you are getting married in the Quad Cities, the Hotel Blackhawk is undoubtedly the premier location for your reception. And as the reputation suggests, you get the quality you pay for and we couldn't be happier with our investment in this cherished, and historic establishment.

Sent on 04/07/2018
    Hotel Blackhawk 24

D · Married on 12/30/2017

Our experience with the Hotel Blackhawk for our daughters wedding reception was outstanding. Kaitlin Clevenger was wonderful to work with. She helped us with so many aspects of the planning. She was there every step of the way and up to the very end. Her expertise, knowledge and professionalism resulted in the most wonderful wedding reception I could have ever dreamed of for our daughter and son in law. She and her staff made sure all the details came together so we could truly enjoy the entire wedding weekend. They are the best!

Sent on 01/16/2018

Keegan · Married on 10/28/2017

My wife and I were married at St. Anthony's Catholic Church in Davenport, Iowa, in late October of 2017 and we had the pleasure of booking Hotel Blackhawk for our 150 person reception, guest accommodation, and general "headquarters" for the weekend. Yes, I fully expected our wedding to be a great event but Hotel Blackhawk effectively blew away my expectations. I cannot compliment the staff--including our wedding coordinator, Kaitlin Clevenger--enough. The staff was professional, friendly, prompt, and accommodating. The reception menu was catered to our preferences and the food was delicious. Due to the service, and of course, the beauty of the historic hotel, we continue to get great feedback from our guests about the weekend months after the reception.

Kaitlin went above and beyond for my wife and the entire wedding party throughout the process. Knowing that we had such a sharp, interested wedding coordinator really allowed us (but most importantly, my bride) to enjoy the big day. Our band even made a point to compliment Kaitlin on how great she was to work with.

I simply cannot recommend Hotel Blackhawk enough.

Sent on 12/01/2017
    Hotel Blackhawk 25
    Hotel Blackhawk 26
    Hotel Blackhawk 27
    Hotel Blackhawk 28
    Hotel Blackhawk 29
    Hotel Blackhawk 30

Brittany · Married on 10/29/2016

The Hotel Blackhawk gold room was beautiful! We live out of town, so Renee and her were easy to work with. They were very accommodating and responsive with all the details. They were very attentive the night of the wedding. The cocktail hour on the mezzanine was also beautiful. The hotel lobby was the perfect location for pictures. Our out of town guests were very pleased with the rooms and the hotel staff overall. I was very happy overall and I would definitely recommend the Blackhawk to everyone.

Sent on 11/15/2016
  • Katy & Nathan

Katy · Married on 08/07/2015

Not only did we enjoy four various courses and several appetizers (including the best bruschetta I've ever had) we received the most helpful reception advice yet. We were just there to make the food decisions, and we left heavily more informed and confident in how our day will run.

With a mouth full of food they estimated our total number of attending vs invited guest (we were way off) advised our invitations (again, way off) and created a timeline for how our reception will run. They were interested in more than our reception and wedding details, they were interested in us. They had great humor, attention to detail, and the very tastiest risotto.

Sent on 05/02/2015
  • Jess

Jesse · Married on 05/15/2015

We held our wedding ceremony at the Hotel Blackhawk and were very pleased! The staff was exceptionally willing to work with our unique request (small area for the wedding ceremony only) and it turned out to be the perfect spot for us. Our pictures were fantastic in the gorgeous new lobby area. In addition, I stayed the night before and my bridesmaids and I got ready in my suite, and my husband and I stayed there on our wedding night. The suite was beautiful and spacious enough for a bunch of girls getting dressed and photographed!

Sent on 09/01/2015

Sara · Married on 09/07/2013

I can't think of a better place to have a wedding in the QC area! I was planning the wedding long distance, but the staff-especially Kelsey Pence are so organized that the distance wasn't a big issue.

Isaiah from food & beverage is an absolute gem, and was so helpful over the course of the weekend, even making sure we were taken care of when we went to the bowling alley post-reception!

The food was delicious and the cocktail hour/bar service was great. Any time I walked by without a drink, the bartenders asked if they could get me anything. They made sure we didn't miss out on hors d'oeuvres after pictures too-they really take care of you!

The Gold Room is very beautiful and ornate, so it significantly reduced the amount of time and money needed for decorations.

The staff was incredibly helpful to all our guests, and made sure our vendors had everything they needed.

It may be higher in price than other venues, but it was absolutely worth it given the quality of service, food and accommodations.

Sent on 09/10/2013

I was looking for an elegant, old hollywood glam look and I found it at Hotel Blackhawk. Everything was perfect and I didn't have to worry about anything. Guyla always kept in contact with me and made sure my day went off without a hitch. The food was excellent and even a year later people still talk about the food and the Gold Room.

Sent on 10/23/2013
  • Brooke

Brooke · Married on 08/03/2012

We had our wedding in the beautiful Hotel Blackhawk Gold Room. This is an amazing venue for those looking for a big city wedding, in small town Iowa. I currently live in Washington DC and am an Interior Designer, who specializes in hotel design, so venue was extremely important to me as was having the wedding near my family in Iowa. The hotel is amazing and a gorgeous place for your wedding. Not only is the ballroom beautiful but the rooms are gorgeous and well appointed, there is a wonderful restaurant and bar as well as a very fun bowling alley and bar in the basement. We actually had a rehearsal after party in the bowling alley and it was so fun! I would highly recommend this venue to anyone, food, staff and service were all impeccable!

Sent on 08/17/2012

Kelsey · Married on 11/26/2016

The Hotel Blackhawk is, in my opinion, the most stunning venue in eastern Iowa. This historic hotel blew away all of our guests. Since our wedding was in late November, we didn't have much daylight outside but it didn't matter because the photographs indoors were better anyway. We opted for the platinum package which included beer, wine, and a signature cocktail, a filet mignon dinner, cocktail hour appetizers, champagne toasts, a bridal suite for the night of the wedding and best of all, a wedding coordinator. The wedding coordinator, Renee, is amazing. She is so responsive, she has great ideas, and she is willing to do anything she can to ensure your wedding is everything you imagined. Our wedding was Thanksgiving weekend, so Renee asked if we wanted the Christmas tree up or not, she removed garland on a staircase where we asked her to, she set up 150 cupcakes for us on our cupcake tower. The morning of the wedding she surprised all of the girls with a room service delivery of mimosas. You name it, she did it.

The hotel staff passed around hors d'oeuvres with white glove service during the cocktail hour, the meal was plated and all food allergies or restrictions were accommodated. The night before our wedding the hotel shuttled our guests 6 people at a time to the rehearsal dinner venue, at no cost, and picked us up and brought us back at the end of the night.

In addition, there is a great bowling alley/martini lounge in the basement where we were able to extend the party until 2 am & order 10 pizzas for a late night snack for our guests. It was a huge hit & we didn't have to worry about anyone drinking & driving. The hotel rooms themselves are very reasonable, not one guest chose to stay off site. Lastly, I highly recommend the 2 bedroom suite for a space to get bridesmaids ready, the suite is AMAZING and the photos were to die for. The hotel is a one stop shop. I would not have done one thing differently.

Sent on 12/07/2016