Hotel Albuquerque at Old Town Reviews

Hotel Albuquerque at Old Town 7
  • Tiffany

Tiffany · Married on 05/26/2019

Beautiful venue!

Hotel Albuquerque was a great venue for our wedding ceremony. The outdoor pavilion is beautiful, especially in the spring and summer when all of the greenery is blooming. The backdrop for the bride and groom is also beautiful, and our pictures came out wonderful! The staff was also very helpful throughout the wedding. Lindsay became the coordinator midway through our planning, and she was great in helping plan all the details we needed. During the rehearsal, she was very helpful in organizing everyone and making sure everything ran smoothly. On our wedding day, Lindsay and Brittany both were very helpful in ensuring everything went smoothly as well. They set up our decor, and, even though the day was unexpectedly windy, they were helpful in ensuring there were no problems. They tied down certain decor to keep it from blowing and, when the wind blew one of the unity sand glasses off of the table, they were quick to clean it up. We appreciated their help throughout the process, and the venue was beautiful and we were thankful to have our wedding there!

Sent on 06/19/2019

Patrick Barnett · Married on 03/02/2019

A solid choice for an indoor wedding

We had our ceremony at the chapel on site at Hotel Albuquerque and our reception in the Franciscan Ballroom. Both spaces are beautiful. The staff we worked with are very professional and the whole service was very streamlined with how many events they do. I think it's a really great venue for the price, particularly if you're planning an indoor wedding in Albuquerque. The catering was also provided by Hotel Albuquerque (and required as part of using the venue). The food was done well, and there was plenty of food. The only real negative of the catering is lack of good vegetarian options for the plated meals. We were only provided a single option for a vegetarian meal.

Sent on 03/24/2019

Hotel Albuquerque at Old Town's reply:

Hello Patrick,
    Thank you so much for the kind words. We loved having you and Stephanie here for your big day! What a fun and unique wedding! I'm so sorry you were not presented with more vegetarian meal options. I will look into that for the future. We really appreciate the feedback!
    -Lindsay

Bridgette · Married on 12/01/2018

Wedding and reception

The event coordinator, Beth, is amazing and made things easy and stress free! She has an eye for beauty and detail and helped make our day exactly how I imagined.

Sent on 12/13/2018
    Hotel Albuquerque at Old Town 14
    Hotel Albuquerque at Old Town 15

Chip · Married on 06/23/2018

After reserving a spot in Summer 2017, my wife and I held our wedding reception in June 2018 at the Hotel Albuquerque. Honestly, it was phenomenal in every way and exceeded our expectations. Specifically, Carin the event coordinator, who joined the Hotel Albuquerque midway through our planning process was phenomenal. She really went above and beyond, and helped us to tailor the reception to what we had in mind, while having a real eye for providing guidance when we needed. The days before the wedding she really helped to simplify the process and take as much off our plate as possible, including coordinating the entire setup process. On the day of the wedding, the entire staff was phenomenal. From the hostesses to the bartenders and wait staff, our guests were treated phenomenally, and the food was absolutely fantastic. Despite all of this, we were easily able to come in under our wedding budget. We would not change a thing, and would give Hotel Albuquerque (as well as Carin) the highest of recommendations.

Sent on 09/17/2018

Christy · Married on 06/17/2017

When initially booking with hotel abq it was roughly 2 years from my wedding date. We fell in love with the chapel on grounds. Throughout the course of the 2 years the hotel changed wedding coordinators 4 times. The Last coordinator, Chelsea really made this review 5 stars! She is attentive, personable and truly prioritizes her clients. She understood the frustrations I had having Been through multiple coordinators and having to explain our wedding vision over and over again. She connected with us on a personal level and made our day perfect. The day of the wedding she was wonderful. She checked in to ensure everything was perfect!

Sent on 06/28/2017

Hotel Albuquerque at Old Town gave us the wedding of our dreams! Everything came together with minimal stress throughout the whole process. Beth, the wedding coordinator was absolutely fantastic! The food was wonderful! Hotel Albuquerque is also very familiar with vendors around Albuquerque. Everything available at the hotel was so convenient for our whole wedding weekend! If we had to choose all over again we would definitely go with Hotel Albuquerque again!

Sent on 08/27/2016

Mia · Married on 01/02/2016

I picked Hotel Albuquerque because of it's central location and it's all-in-one service. I loved that the ceremony and reception were all there and that my guests (about 75% out of towners) were able to easily walk down from their rooms for the festivities.

When I booked the venue I worked with Liz, who was easy to communicate with and very nice. About a month before the wedding Liz moved into a new job and was replaced by Beth. At first I was a little freaked out with it being so close to the wedding, but Beth was great!!! She was able to pick up right where Liz left off.

Overall I am very happy with Hotel Albuquerque as a whole. The rooms were nice, the chapel was perfect and the reception was everything I wanted and more! Also, the food was so tasty! I totally recommend them!

Sent on 01/25/2016

Camila · Married on 09/05/2015

Liz and the entire staff of Hotel Albuquerque did an AMAZING job!!! The whole process up until the day of went soo smoothly and that was thanks to Liz! She really knows what she is doing and works to make sure that everything is set up the way you want! Our reception room turned out perfect!!! We had one of the ballrooms that has the option of the new LED lighting that changes colors, and it was TOTALLY worth it!! It made the reception even prettier having the changing of the lights. Everything was setup the way we talked about and the whole night went great! Not a single problem and again, the entire staff did a wonderful job! Another thing I have to rave about was the food!! We received so many compliments on the food we had! A lot of guests said it was the best food they've had at a wedding. You really cannot go wrong having your wedding at Hotel Albuquerque! It is such a beautiful hotel and it is perfect if you are having out of town guests as it is right by Old Town! Highly recommend it!!!

Sent on 05/19/2016

Kristen · Married on 08/17/2013

Liz and her staff did everything to make sure our big day went off without a hitch! They really made sure to have everything just as we asked and even kept a to do list specifically for us so we never missed a tasting or an appointment.
    The chapel is absolutely beautiful and our entire guest list with no problems. There was also a huge room for the bride and bridesmaids to get ready in. There was a floor to ceiling mirror for getting ready as well as numerous other mirrors. It fit the entire wedding party and both sets of parents.
    The reception was just perfect. The room showed off the southwestern heritage of the region but was still elegant. Everything was just as we had asked for it to be, from the table set up to the centerpieces (that the hotel actually provides!).
    The menu cannot to be topped. The food was delicious and all came out piping hot. On top of that, Liz and her staff made sure that my husband and I were served absolutely first so we could eat before having to make the rounds.
    Everything that had the opportunity to go wrong was completely covered by the hotel staff so there would be no errors. I couldn't thank them enough when the whole night was over!

Sent on 08/27/2013

Analisa · Married on 08/03/2013

We used Hotel Albuquerque for our reception space only since the ceremony was in a church. Half way through the planning process my planner was switched to Liz and she was wonderful to work with. The first planner I worked with, Kelcy, was wonderful as well. The majority of the time we corresponded via email and both were very prompt in their responses. I felt like I sent so many questions but they were always courteous and kind. I also worked with the room sales team for the room block and they were equally as great.
    I met Liz face to face for the first time when we had the final meeting for all of the details and I left that meeting so happy! Liz is a perfect fit for her job! She is so on top of things and she has such a wonderful demeanor. I had a number of items that I brought in myself, and she took everything in with my instructions and her and the staff set up everything perfectly. The ballroom looked wonderful! She even set up addition lighting in the ballroom just to make the linens in the room 'pop'!
    The food was just as good as the tasting! We received so many complements, especially for the steak and enchiladas - they were a hit!
    All in all, I'm so happy we chose Hotel Albuquerque for our reception space! The entire team went above and beyond to make the event special for my husband and I!

Sent on 08/30/2013

Chaz · Married on 09/26/2009

Hotel Albuquerque was wonderful to work with. The Chapel is absolutely beautiful and needs very little in way of decorations due to the overall structure design. Our wedding was very small (only 36 people, including me and my husband), so we had our reception in the Fireplace Room, which was a smaller enclosed room off of the Garden Pavilion with french windows, hardwood floors, vega ceilings, and of course, the fireplace. The chairs that the hotel offer are very comfortable but lack a great look to them, and I simply did not see the point in doing chair covers, so I opted to use the illusion of color and lighting and went with black overlays and lavender napkins (black and lavender being our wedding colors). The black overlays distracted the eyes from the chairs and the lavender napkins created an array of colorful "pop" at the table, combined with the color-changing centerpieces that I created and the wedding favors. Once the sun went down, the entire room looked spectacular and was like being in our own little private capsule of romance. I LOVED IT!! Best surprise of all was the ice sculpture that comes with our package! This was TRULY BREATHTAKING!!! And the food was AWESOME!! I HIGHLY recommend this venue for a bride who wants an all-in-one package and doesn't want to mess with the ceremony in one location and reception elsewhere. The entire staff was 100% professional and our honeymoon suite far exceeded my expectations from our initial tour when we were looking a year prior (much larger and had a great view).

Sent on 10/29/2009

Kimberly · Married on 04/23/2016

Beautiful place to get married

Sent on 04/15/2016

Liz and the team at Hotel Albuquerque were wonderful to work with! It was very professional and clear from the beginning, and our reception was wonderful. People mentioned they liked the food as well. Hotel Albuquerque really helped create a beautiful celebration for us. The only downside was that we happened to get married on a very busy Holiday weekend, so it sometimes felt like a wedding factory. Everything else, however, was perfect.

Sent on 05/31/2014

Madison · Married on 07/20/2012

After searching many of the outdoor options for a wedding venue, we decided on Hotel Albuquerque because it was the best choice when we considered organization and planning (day of), style, and value for our money. Hotel Albuquerque was the only venue where we could have an outdoor ceremony, indoor reception, and a day of coordinator. The staff at Hotel Abq made everything flawless the day of our wedding and took care of all of the details that anyone else in the wedding party could not be in charge of on such an important day. Everyone who was at our wedding said it was the best wedding they had been to, and most of that is credited to the staff at the venue. Great food, excellent service. Definitely a top venue choice in ABQ.

Sent on 08/05/2012
  • Nicole

Nicole · Married on 09/05/2010

I wanted to have the ceremony and reception in the same location to make it easier on our guests and this did the trick! The hotel was able to block out rooms at a discounted rate which helped for the holiday weekend. Our ceremony was in the chapel and everything went smoothly. The transition from ceremony to cocktails to dinner was seamless and everyone found their way easily. The staff was very knowledgeable and helpful. The wedding coordinator was so organized and had great recommendations for other vendors as well. I would recommend the hotel to anyone!

Sent on 10/31/2010

caitelen · Married on 06/29/2007

I loved the location!! Everything was perfect.

Sent on 05/03/2008

Liz Robinson, who is the coordinator there is so wonderdful! She always responded quickly and answered every question that I had in a positive helpful manner. The outside venue is so beautiful, I can't wait to walk down the isle!
    The price list is only for ceremony use.

Sent on 07/15/2015

Andrea · Married on 09/10/2016

3.0

Hotel Albuquerque was our selection for our reception venue for our wedding on September 10th, 2016. Meeting in person with Beth was amazing she was very accommodating. The only downfall was the follow through on the payments and also emails with any questions we had. Our wedding day was perfect and everything was set up as we had planned. One of the best decisions we made!

Sent on 10/10/2016

John · Married on 07/12/2009

4.2

quite good!!

Sent on 12/13/2010

Siena · Married on 03/06/2009

4.2

We fell in love with the site, the elegence, the warm atmosphere, it was everything we were looking for. Excellent food, beautiful venue, we couldn't go wrong.

The night of the wedding everything from the linens and china to the meal was spot on. The event captain anticipated our every move and made sure they were taken care of. All of our guests were very impressed with the dinner choices and quality of food. Everything was beautiful and better than we could have ever imagined!!!

Sent on 03/12/2009
  • Stephanie

Stephanie · Married on 08/08/2009

3.5

Stunning site for a wedding ceremony. We were a little disappointed that the hotel had signs up for a wedding following ours and it confused our guests, however, they rectified the problem as soon as it was brought to their attention. We also had an issue with a conference booked in a room between two weddings and the "noise level" but again the hotel staff took care of us as soon as they found out we had issues. The food was amazing and the hotel was very flexible with changes.

Sent on 08/13/2009

The hotel is very beautiful, and there were a lot of places to take pictures! The guests really enjoyed staying at the hotel and the food was incredible. It was a very enjoyable wedding.

Sent on 09/05/2013

Celeste · Married on 10/01/2017

2.8
      1.5
      3.0

While it was a beautiful venue and location, it was a struggle to get any response from the staff. It would take 4 days for an email reply and didn’t have the time to call the hotel and have them chase down the people in charge. It took us traveling four hours from our home to get answers and to find out the hotel wedding coordinator no longer worked there. The group block manager only gave us 10 rooms for 150 people. I emailed to get a contract for more rooms twice, and never got a response. I wouldn’t have chosen any other place to get married as it fit my vision perfectly, but the staff and management need work.

Sent on 10/14/2017
    Hotel Albuquerque at Old Town 16
    Hotel Albuquerque at Old Town 17

Sarah · Married on 06/14/2008

2.6
      1.0
      2.5
      3.0

We loved the decor of this venue for our reception. When we originally booked with them, about 9 months before our wedding, we didn't like their wedding coordinator and ended up working with their catering manager, who was awesome. Well as the wedding got closer we came to find out that the catering manager no longer worked there,and the wedding coordinator that we didn't like had been replaced with another wedding coordinator that we didn't like. She wasn't very accommodating or helpful. In the end, everything went ok (despite rearranging the tables three times on the day of the wedding, which I, thankfully, wasn't there for but my husband was). Everyone is still talking about what a beautiful wedding it was and we had a good time. We were so busy that everything was such a blur anyways. If I had it to do over though, I wouldn't use them again. I just fell in love with the southwestern style of the place.

Sent on 09/11/2008