79 Reviews for Hot Mix Entertainment

Photobooth (2)
Liability Insurance (1)
Disco Ball (1)
Projector (1)

We knew from the moment we hired Hot Mix Entertainment we hit the jackpot. Scott was friendly, organized and always answered all my questions leading up to the big day. When the big day came I had no worries at all! We had last minute changes and he worked with us right in the moment. The music was amazing, there was never a time the dance floor was empty. After the wedding, many people came up and said the best thing about the wedding, was the DJ, thanks so much Scott!

Profile Picture Brittany, 9/2/17, 1 Review
Category: DJ, Event Rentals & Photobooths, Lighting & Decor

Scott Silz from Hot Mix did a phenomenal job! He was professional from start to finish, catering to all your needs and making sure the flow of your reception will go perfectly. From showing up early to ensure proper set up without technical difficulty until take down at the end. He has a perfect announcement voice, and great song choice to keep the party moving. One of the best parts for us was that we love electronic music from deep house to bangin' techno, and he was able to go flawlessly from the classics and some hip-hop straight into it, while keeping the dance floor filled! Everyone was impressed and excited that we got to have a wedding and entertainment of this style! Would definitely recommend Scott if you want the best music of any genre, and if you want it to flow properly with great equipment, sound, lights, and no hassle! And for the price you pay you're getting significantly more quality than you would any other service, thank you Scott! :)

Profile Picture Andrew, 8/19/17, 1 Review
Services Used: Consultation, Do-Not-Play List, MC

When we first met with Scott we realized he was perfect for us. He helped us figure out the flow of our day and got us to think about details we wouldn't have on our own. Our wedding day was executed perfectly A pleasure to work with from the very first inquiry to the last song of the night at our wedding! Scott was committed from the very beginning to help us create the wedding of our dreams.

Profile Picture Megan, 6/23/17, 1 Review
Category: DJ, Event Rentals & Photobooths, Lighting & Decor

We hired Hot Mix Entertainment for our wedding, and couldn't be happier! Barbara was always there if we had any questions or if we just wanted to discuss our wedding. DJ Rich crushed the 1s and 2s on our wedding night, and the party never stopped. From the moment we met Rich, we were impressed by his energy and knowledge, he really shined! The setup, song choice and feel for the crowd was second to none. We would highly recommend you hire Hot Mix Entertainment!

Profile Picture Daisy , 5/13/17, 1 Review
Category: DJ, Event Rentals & Photobooths, Lighting & Decor

For those reading this review, if you're anything like me, you tend to not trust most online reviews. However, I can 110% honestly say that Hot Mix Entertainment is a must have for your event. Our wedding was two weeks ago and we couldn't have asked for a better DJ! I had guests reaching out to me to comment on how amazing he was and how great the music was. Scott really kept everyone excited and dancing!

Profile Picture Rachel, 5/6/17, 1 Review
Category: DJ, Event Rentals & Photobooths, Lighting & Decor

DJ Scott is one of the best DJ's around. His friendly personality made planning my wedding from across the country very easy and stress free. If I had any questions or concerns I would just e-mail them and get a response back immediately. Scott made the ceremony, cocktail hour and reception go by without a hitch! He is seriously the best! I could not be any happier that I chose Hot Mix Entertainment.

Profile Picture Beth, 4/22/17, 1 Review
Category: DJ, Event Rentals & Photobooths, Lighting & Decor

Hot Mix was by far our best vendor. Music was a big priority for us and we wanted to make sure we could get a great mix of 90’s and Top 40 plus some oldies for our parents and their friends. We saw Scott at House of Blues one night when he was spinning there and so we knew we were making a great decision to hire the best and the best is Scott and his team at Hot Mix Entertainment. Our friends and family were out on the dance floor from start to finish. Scott is a great emcee and really represented us well.

Profile Picture Alvis, 3/26/17, 1 Review
Category: DJ, Event Rentals & Photobooths, Lighting & Decor

I’m serious when I say we literally planned our wedding date around when Scott Smokin SIlz was available. We went to a friend’s wedding about 2 weeks after getting engaged and the first decision we made in planning was to hire Scott to do our wedding. We didn't even consider another DJ. His team was incredibly responsive and I liked that Scott made sure everything we wanted was taken care of. Scott had a lot of great advice when it came to planning our ceremony, reception music and lighting. Our reception was a wild party and way more fun than we could have imagined.

Profile Picture Serena, 3/25/17, 1 Review
Category: DJ, Event Rentals & Photobooths, Lighting & Decor

Our best decision was to hire Scott Silz and Hot Mix Entertainment! Scott was everything we were looking for and more. From the time the dance floor opened, until the last song was played, he had the crowd completely engaged. His services were worth every penny!

Profile Picture Valarie, 3/18/17, 1 Review
Services Used: Consultation, MC

They made my wedding absolutely amazing! Everything was perfect. The music was on point and I couldn't have asked for anything better. Hot Mix did an amazing job!!! Everyone sait it was the best wedding they had ever attended and I believe the music was a huge part of that! Hot Mix was amazing!!!

Profile Picture Karen, 3/4/17, 1 Review
Services Used: Consultation, Do-Not-Play List, MC, Microphones, Sound/PA System

Simply a pleasure to work with! We met with Scott (our DJ) and didn't even think twice about meeting with another company. Scott was nice, knowledgeable, and extremely professional. We would recommend Hot Mix Entertainment to anyone and everyone! Scott knocked our socks off with his skills and our wedding guests are still raving about him!! In fact, the day after our wedding, 2 of my friends called to find out who our DJ was so they could hire him.

Profile Picture Medina, 2/18/17, 1 Review
Category: DJ, Event Rentals & Photobooths, Lighting & Decor

Picture 150 of our friends and family complementing our finely crafted playlist that kept everyone, of every age, up and dancing the entire night. Now imagine that all we really did was select the right DJ, Scott Smokin’ Silz and he was actually the one who masterminded our perfect wedding.
During the most stressful day we’ve ever planned, we got top quality customer service. Hot Mix Entertainment listened, took detailed notes, were extremely attentive during our face to face meetings and follow up emails, and were truly comforting in the days leading up to the wedding itself.
Thank you for a very special night!

Profile Picture Sandra, 1/28/17, 1 Review
Category: DJ, Event Rentals & Photobooths, Lighting & Decor

We chose Scott at Hot Mix Entertainment as a DJ for our wedding at The Wit hotel. The preparation process was very easy and smooth. Scott was great guiding us through all the steps till the day of the wedding. He was always there to answer all our questions and provide feedback on our suggestions. Scott made an outstanding introduction speech to all our guests and kept everyone on the dance floor all night long. Our guests were a diverse group: different ages, backgrounds, nationalities. We had guests from multiple cities, states and countries. Everyone complimented the choice of music and didn't want the evening to end. We will definately recomment Scott to all our friends looking for the best DJ for their events.

Profile Picture Darius, 12/17/16, 1 Review
Category: DJ

Oliver was the DJ for our daughter's wedding and he was fantastic. He worked with us to accommodate our timeline and even made changes as we needed. There were people on the dance floor all night!! Thank you Oliver for making this night truly wonderful!

Profile Picture Renee, 10/15/16, 4 Reviews
Category: DJ

Hot Mix Entertainment is wonderful. We had Scott Smokin' Silz DJ our wedding. Our music was by far one of the most important things in our wedding. We have an eclectic taste in music, from R&B to Country to House Music to Latin. Scott handled every type of music perfectly. He was sound for our ceremony and cocktail hour which were exactly what I wanted even though I gave him no input on that. He worked with my friend who sang two songs at the ceremony and the sound for that was perfect. For dinner I gave him a mish mosh of R&B and country and he was able to blend the songs together so it didn't sound crazy. :)

But far and away the best was the reception music and lighting. We had uplighting for the reception and his lit up DJ booth and everything looked great. The music was on point. Mostly house music, with a little Latin at times. I can't tell you how perfect everything was. I was concerned about the type of house music he was going to play, I wanted it just right. I gave him some sample songs and he was spot on. I really didn't hear anything that night that I didn't love. Finally, he was able to arrange a live House Music performer for us to have at the wedding. Everyone went crazy when he was announced. Scott also surprised us with some pictures he and his guys took at the reception. Priceless.

Beyond all of this and HUGELY important is his business skills. He is so attentive and responsive. He is there for you when you need it. He has cool planning tools you can use to pick "must play" songs, "do not play"songs etc and you can search a library of songs on the website. There are planning forms so you know everything is under control and he knows what songs you want for what occasion. Hot Mix are true professionals. There were no worries leading up to our big day. Scott will keep everything under control, keep you happy and keep your dance floor packed. He is really good at gauging the crowd and playing to keep everyone happy.

Thanks Scott!

Profile Picture Lynda, 10/15/16, 1 Review
Category: DJ, Lighting & Decor

Scott is a consummate professional, we were lucky to have found him for our corporate event. He put together a killer set, incorporated our branding into his stage and photo booths and was great in responding to all my communications. We had a change in date, time and venue a few months down the line after securing his services and he rolled with that no problem. We had a last minute presentation our employees put together, the morning of the event and he confirmed he can make that work within minutes of me making the request. He helped in making sure we had the right layout for the event, worked around the stringent guidelines placed by the venue and followed through on everything he pitched when we brought him on board. He did a great job of keeping the party vibe going with a very eclectic group with varying tastes and his light show in the night was spectacular. I cannot say enough great things about Scott and his team, I would highly recommend them!

Profile Picture Danielle, 8/31/16, 1 Review
Category: DJ, Lighting & Decor, Photography

TOP NOTCH!!! Scott is a consummate professional. From the first interaction we had to the last, Scott kept our best interests in mind. I've never seen a dance floor packed all night at a wedding before. Usually there are ebbs and flows to people dancing, but with Scott, everybody was on the floor almost the entire time. The music he played was exactly what we had in mind, no cheesy bits, and most importantly he kept our "do not play" list in mind. He also did an amazing job with the uplighting, and it really added a beautiful ambiance to the dance floor! The one thing we told Scott when we first met him was that we wanted our guests to have a blast on the dance floor, and we could not be happier with what Scott delivered. Thank you for an unforgettable night!

Profile Picture Bogdan, 8/6/16, 1 Review
Category: DJ, Lighting & Decor

Excellent DJ, easy to work with. Returned all of our e-mails and phone calls promptly. Played all the music we asked for. Kept people dancing all night and did a wonderful job with the announcements. We highly recommend Hot Mix Entertainment. Great music and great experience.

Profile Picture User7423895, 1+ year ago, 1 Review
Category: DJ, Lighting & Decor

Scott, your talent as a DJ is only surpassed by your classiness behind the microphone. Thanks for rocking our wedding to the wee hours, EVERYONE loved the music you played and the vibe you created!

Profile Picture User6896832, 1+ year ago, 1 Review
Category: DJ, Lighting & Decor

Scott did an AMAZING job at our wedding. We met with him twice to hash out all the details. He is extremely professional and knows his stuff. He was able to help us with some musical choices too when we were stuck. We also got the up lights and photo booth from him. Everything was exceptional! Our guest are still mentioning to us that this was the first wedding they have been to where the dance floor was packed from beginning to the end of the last song played. I would recommend him to anyone.

Profile Picture User4760287, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: DJ, Event Rentals & Photobooths, Lighting & Decor

We loved workingwithHot Mix and our DJ Scott! He notonlyrocked the party but sharedso many great ideaswithus to make our wedding day special. Our family and friends had nothing but praise for the music he played. The sound system sounded great and the set upwasneat andclean looking.Loved the uplights!

Profile Picture Jennifer, 5/7/16, 1 Review
Category: DJ, Lighting & Decor
Services Used: Consultation, MC, Disco Ball, Microphones, Projector, Sound/PA System, Uplighting

What can I say about Scott except that he totally crushed it at our wedding and kept the dancefloor packed all night long? We had a destination Austin wedding and no DJ was good enough for our tastes except Silz so we dragged him all the way down to Texas - a choice we could not be happier with. The music was amazing, he did an insane job with the uplighting - when the lights were lowered, the place looked incredible! - and his photobooth was a highlight to us and our guests. Oliver (who manned the photobooth) was a true professional and had amazing ideas for our friends that made their excitement over picture taking even better. All we wanted at our wedding was a total party and he kept it that way all night long!

Profile Picture Ashley, 1/30/16, 12 Reviews
Services Used: Do-Not-Play List, MC, Microphones, Photobooth, Uplighting

Scott is a great DJ. I'm so glad we went with him. He kept the crowd engaged and dancing. He kept great music playing. He really put on an amazing show. It was everything we asked for and much more. Thanks for making our night so special!

Profile Picture User6211029, 2+ years ago, 1 Review

Hot Mix was FANTASTIC! The music was exactly what we wanted. The lighting
looked great and the dance floor was packed! Thank you for a perfect night. You
were so easy to work with and responded quickly to all of our emails. I will highly
recommend you to all of our friends.

Profile Picture User6188249, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Services Used: Sound/PA System, Uplighting

Scott did a fantastic job. He quickly caught on to the music tastes of my guests and was happy to quickly play their requests. I think everyone danced until they couldn't dance anymore! Everyone stayed entertained and it's due to this talented dj. Many people asked for his card. Yes, he was that good.

Profile Picture User6244890, 2+ years ago, 1 Review