Horizon Productions Reviews

100 | Fairfield, NJ

100 Reviews for Horizon Productions

100 Horizon Productions Reviews

Ruth · Married on 05/26/2018

George was great!!! He was super professional and responsive from the very beginning and had many options to choose from. We had a very diverse crowd and he knew exactly what to play to get everyone up and dancing, which is so important at a wedding. Everyone commented on how much fun they had. We can't thank George and his assistant enough for such a memorable night!

Monique · event on: 06/07/2014

George is the bomb!!!! He is so easy to talk to and work with. He made the process painless and fun. Everything was amazing. The party was a hit and the lights made the room look perfect. The DJ surround was so nice as well. The engineer you sent was great. He was on time, courteous, and very professional. I have nothing but good things to say. I'm glad I chose Horizon Productions. If I ever do another event I will be sure to give them a call!

Sent on 06/10/2014

Horizon Productions's reply:

It takes a bomb to know a bomb...:) You were a pleasure and fun to work with from the first phone call! We will be happy to party with you and your guests anytime! Thank you so much and we hope to see you guys soon!

Jennifer · Married on 07/29/2017

George was nothing short of exceptional. When we were looking for our wedding DJ we agreed we would just meet each option and take a day to think about it. That changed the minute we met with George. We loved him immediately and signed up that very same day . He made us feel at home and comfortable and seemed just as excited for our day as we were. There is a very big difference between excitement because you're going to get a sale and being genuinely excited. He always made himself available whenever either myself or my husband had questions and replied swiftly to any email sent. On a personal note he was an absolute joy to have a conversation with made me laugh and I had no doubt our wedding day would be very well taken care of. The day of our wedding everything was exactly as we had discussed and then some he took very good care of us. Our family and friends came up to us and said how wonderful George and his assistant was I do apologize for not remembering his name but he was wonderful as well. We have already begun to spread his name around our family and friends and completely recommend him to anyone looking for the perfect DJ for their wedding or any event that they're having.

Sent on 07/31/2017

Horizon Productions's reply:

An absolute pleasure! This couple was such a joy to (I use the term lightly) work with. I say that because they trusted us with the biggest day of their lives and then communicated everything they wanted and allowed us to do what we do. When a customer does that it makes our job easier and fun and it does not feel like work at all! In fact it makes us want to do more! In addition they are now part of our family and I hope to see you guys soon!

Jeremy · Married on 07/09/2017

George did an amazing job! Very easy to work with. Great decision choosing him as the DJ for our wedding.

Danielle · Married on 06/24/2017

I urge everyone out there who is planning an event to inquire into Horizon Productions! George and his team go above and beyond to make every client feel like a VIP! Their prices are affordable and they customize any package to fit your budget.

I have worked with George and Horizon Productions since 1996 and have utilized their DJs, Photobooth, classic piano player, and party favors for multiple events (College Graduation, 40th & 50th wedding anniversaries) and of course my recent Beach Wedding! George ensured every detail was perfect, my guests had a GREAT TIME and above all he made sure my Groom and I didn't have a worry in the world. I couldn't imagine an event without them!!!

Jess · Married on 06/11/2017

I have been a guest at weddings where George was DJing before, so he was an obvious choice for our wedding. He was responsive to all of my questions and emails and made sure we knew what to expect at every turn. The wedding was so lively and energetic and many of our guests commented on how much they enjoyed the DJ. Not only did he play a good mix of different types of great music, but he also interacted with and entertained our guests to encourage more dancing. I couldn't be happier with the service that was provided to us and I will be recommending George and Horizon Productions to all of my friends in the future!

Sent on 06/12/2017

Horizon Productions's reply:

Thank you so much for the kind words! It is great families like yours that make every step we take to paying attention to detail worth it! Of course we knew that from when we did your sister's wedding. You are both a lovely couple who we couldn't be happier for! Please keep in touch and enjoy that great honeymoon you have planned but especially and most importantly enjoy each other!
  • User7863564 · event on: 03/04/2017

Horizon Productions provided the extra icing on the cake! To plan our mom's 90th birthday celebration, I worked with George to select inviting dance music...and yes, mom at 90 along with her guests were hitting the dance floor swinging and rocking to Motown hits! Wow, how awesome! Coordinating the flow and sequence of highlighted events and entertainment with George's professional expertise made the job of ensuring a fun, exciting celebration smooth and easy. What was most helpful was the attentive, always available support, and genuine care that was lavished on making the event such a magical success. Our guests had an awesome time and truly enjoyed the chance to let loose on the dance floor to music they connected with. Thank you for your guidance, amazing help, and dedicated effort you put in to making our event so memorable!

Roy · Married on 10/22/2016

I have known George Hoffman and Horizon Productions more than 15 years now. I am a performing musician and take into account many aspects that a professional music service should be able to provide to ensure a quality experience. Horizon Productions covers all of these and then some. I have recommended their services on many occasions and have always received positive feedback from the parties that have used them. If you want to have peace of mind and know that the job will be done well you can't do better than employ Horizon Productions for your DJ needs.

• I

Ingris · Married on 08/26/2016

George was without a doubt a true professional. He was originally recommended by our venue so we decided to sit a speak to him. With the one conversation we had sold us completely on him. My wife and I are from two totally different backgrounds so we felt it would be a tall task for any DJ regarding the mixture of music being played. On the day of our wedding he did an amazing job in keeping the flow of the music going which allowed people to stay on the dance floor longer. George was worth every penny and I wouldn't even think of hiring any other DJ for my future events. Thank you again for your professionalism, energy and the total quality of work you provided!! --Haben & Ingris

Adrienne · Married on 05/21/2016

From Horizon, we got a DJ and MC as well as a PHOTO BOOTH for our wedding at The Views At Mt. Fuji. George (the owner) is friendly, funny, responsive, and flexible to work with. We meet in person once and conducted the rest of our business via email and on the phone. Even though DJ George was called away the day of our wedding due to an emergency, his notes for our requests were given to his hand-picked fill-ins. Steve and Marc were able to touch base with the groom before the ceremony to double check the notes. Then after the ceremony, they asked the bridal party questions and made sure they understood what we wanted before the introductions. At the DJ booth, they were very good at reading the crowd and playing from the list of songs we gave them. I was on the dance floor more than in the photo booth! The photo booth was a great add on and a crowd-pleaser. We left that night with a book of photo strips and messages from guests. Horizon also gives the Bride & Groom access to all the photo booth's digital photo strips.
    A BIG THANKS to George, Marc, and Steve for fulfilling all of our requests, especially for Crissy's hula hoop performance! Having her song for the performance and then calling the kids and other guests on the dance floor with the hoops went off perfectly!

Leah · Married on 05/20/2016

My husband Mike and I got married on May 20,2016 at Old Tappan Manor. I was told about George from a friend who is in the wedding business, she raved about George and everything she said about him was true! He was professional and kind, as soon as we met him I knew he was the perfect DJ for our wedding! He was so easy to talk to and no request was too big or too small... He just did a fantastic job and all of our guests raved about him and his team. We also got the photo booth through him, the attendant was friendly and helpful (and always let Mike and I cut the line!) they also had a scrap book to put all the duplicate photos our guests took! Mike and I loved looking through it the next day and are so glad we have this wonderful keepsake! I would highly recommend George if you want a fun upbeat wedding!

Mike · Married on 05/20/2016

Very friendly, attentive and knowledgeable. George made you feel relaxed talking to him and no request was denied. We had multiple people say this was the best wedding they have ever been to. That meant a lot to us. We recommend George wholeheartedly, he will exceed your expectations.

Catherine · Married on 10/24/2015

George was a fantastic host and extremely flexible. My guests were raving about the music selections and the photo booth. Excellent job gentlemen!

• Erica

Erica · Married on 08/28/2015

We used George at Horizon Productions for our wedding, and were very pleased. He's a fun, friendly guy and has a great persona for a DJ - he gets people involved and up having fun without being annoying. Our planning meetings with him went smoothly and he took note of our special requests and followed through (well except one which we should probably have double checked and sent an mp3, because it was a verrry different song than we'd requested for Grandma, but with the same name). We sang a duet at the reception, and he had a mic and worked with me to get the right version of our song and lower the vocals. He did a good job of feeling out the crowd and people kept dancing most of the night, which is always a sign of a successful wedding! It was a pleasure working with him and we'd recommend or use Horizon Productions again if the need arises.

Jen · Married on 07/24/2015

Our DJ and MC did an absolutely amazing job at our wedding!! They played a variety of songs to ensure that everyone got up and danced. They got all of our guests out on the dance floor, and kept the party going all night! The owner, George, was very easy to get in touch with, incredibly accommodating, and professional. My husband and I could not have asked for more!

• User5319507 · 2+ years ago

I have nothing negative to say about George Hoffman and the Horizon Productions team. They were exactly what I was hoping for and more. My wedding was beautiful and everyone had a blast because they made it fun. Everyone who attended danced the whole entire night!

Sarah · Married on 07/18/2015

Horizon Productions did a wonderful job providing music for our wedding! They supplied ceremony music, two live musicians for our cocktail hour and music for the reception. We requested a number of our favorite songs for the reception and George made sure to incorporate them throughout the evening. He also varied the music selection to make sure everyone was up dancing and having a good time. Guests loved the fun party props such as maracas and glow sticks and many guests commented that the DJ was great!

melody · Married on 12/14/2014

I did A LOT of research before selecting Horizon Productions for my December wedding and I am so glad I picked George and his team. From our first phone call, to our first meeting and the wedding itself, the process was seamless. My husband and I clicked with George immediately. All of our guests raved about the DJ and they spent the entire night on the dance floor. George even had my 83-year-old aunt on her feet. We also rented the photo booth, which was a huge hit with our guests. So much fun!! I can't recommend Horizon Productions highly enough.

Kimberly · Married on 10/18/2014

George and his team were excellent and provided great service on our wedding day! The first day we met with George, he was incredibly responsive and flexible with our demands and our budget. We appreciated the detail he put into making our wedding reception a success! I can't even count the number of times family and friends commented how fabulous the DJ and entertainment (we also rented the Photo Booth through George) was at the wedding. George had everyone on the dance floor dancing the entire night - from start to finish. Several of our friends even commented how they never dance at weddings, but they got up to dance at ours! We even had several compliments about the music at the cocktail hour. Personally, my husband and I were incredibly satisfied with the music at both the cocktail hour and the reception and can honestly say that we would not change a thing!!

What I most appreciate about George is that he personally was the DJ at our event. When speaking with other vendors, we found that most companies will make the appointment with the owner, but will send out a different DJ from their team. With George working with us from start to finish, and personally being the DJ at our event, this small act speaks highly of his business etiquette and how much he values his work.

I will definitely consider Horizon Productions in the future for any other events we plan and I will definitely recommend George and his company to friends that are looking for a fun and friendly DJ!

• Nay

Nadine · Married on 08/23/2014

We booked Horizon Productions for our 10th anniversary vow renewal celebration and George went above and beyond making our event a success. From our first meeting, we knew this was the company for us and so glad we made this choice. From our ceremony music, reception entrance, first dance and all night long, everything was flawless. Our guests are still raving about the DJ and how great the music was. Our vow renewal was perfect and Horizon Productions played a MAJOR part of it being that way.

Erin · Married on 08/02/2014

I am a true believer that if you have good food and good music at any event, it will be a success! We were fortunate to have both at our wedding! However, in our case, the music was not just good...George at Horizon Productions knocked it out of the park! We received compliments on many aspects of our event, but nothing came close to the kudos that were given to the DJ. We asked George to read our crowd and play what he felt was right and he truly had every single one of our guests on the dance floor on more than one occasion that night. The dance floor was packed from start to finish! Our guests had so much fun that night that they literally chanted "one more song" at the end of the night, and in true professional fashion, George played one more song. I could not believe the vibe that radiated out of that venue!

George was so incredibly easy to work with from start to finish. We changed our minds several times on everything from music selection to equipment needed, and each and every time George worked with us to figure out what was best for us! We never felt obligated to use any of their services that we didn't need. In addition, the prices at Horizon Productions were incredibly fair...to be honest I would have paid more after knowing the service they provide.

We highly recommend Horizon Productions! If we ever have a need to use a DJ like that again, they will absolutely be our go to. Horizon Productions made our wedding the party that we wanted it to be! I know I am gushing but I truly believe that George made our event!

What a Amazing Company I am so glad my husband and I chose to go with horizon productions for our wedding I Will DEF Recommend Horizon Productions to EVERYONE ... they are a amazing company and great people George and Joe did a amazing job at our wedding its a day we know we will never forget all of our guests are still raving about how much of a amazing job George and Joe did they are amazing guys and we will definitely be using Horizon Productions for our future events :)

• Dellisha

Dellisha · Married on 07/12/2014

Where do I begin? I absolutely LOVE Horizon Productions! My wedding's dance floor was packed! Because of George and his crew my wedding was a success. Everyone danced all night! I was scared I'll have to pay overtime because no one wanted to leave the wedding. I e-mailed George a HUGE list of songs! MOST were played. I'm content with that. (There were lots) I also made a father daughter dance song mix list for George. He made the mix in a day and my dance with my dad was the talk of the night!!!! The only thing I didn't hear was "Simple Things" by Miguel for the cake cutting. I had that on my list, specifically for cake cutting, and it wasn't played. "Love and Marriage" was played, if George only knew how much I HATE hearing that song at weddings... But because he was such a great DJ, ( DJ's make mistakes too) he deserves a 5 star rating! My photo booth was the BEST booth you could ever sit in! It was touch screen with music playing inside! I had an open bar wedding, so seeing my family & friends take pics was a priceless enjoyable experience! George and his crew made my husband and I an album and we received it the night of our wedding. If you're looking for a DJ, look no more! they are the BEST! considering my wedding had: Blacks, Germans, Canadians & of course Americans... EVERYONE danced and partied together! All chairs were cold because everyone danced! Thats 175 people to be exact!

Gary · Married on 06/22/2014

George Hoffman of Horizon Productions was not only my DJ he married me and my wife. Being both widows and older, the last time I got married was 35 years ago, I was hosting the wedding myself. When I first married as a twenty-four year old boy, my parents and my exe's parents handled everything. This time it was my party. In addition, my new bride never had a real wedding her first time. It was in someone's house and in fact she drank champagne out of a paper cup. I wanted this to be perfect for her. George made it happen. You all know that the DJ is the person that holds your entertainment in his hand. George not only gave us the ceremony that we hoped for, the changing of all the wedding music was impeccable; during the dinner he was the master. It was more than I ever hoped for. George gave me a day that I never thought I could enjoy and now all I can do is think how great it went. George and Horizon are your people if you do not want to worry about anything. I recommend him and his company to everyone. Plus, get the photo booth. It was worth its weight in gold. Everybody wanted in!