Hoosier Grove Barn Reviews

55 | Streamwood, IL

55 Reviews for Hoosier Grove Barn

Mary Grimes · Getting married on 05/09/2021

Perfect Wedding Venue

We recently held my daughter’s wedding at Hoosier Grove and it was an amazing experience. From our initial visit and tour of the facility we fell in love with the space and its amazing staff. With only six months to plan the wedding, their professional service and knowledge truly shined throughout the process and especially on the wedding day. From the beauty of the venue, their recommended vendors and the service they provided we couldn’t have been happier. We can’t say enough about the great service and support both Vicky and Colleen provided before, during and after! Vicky, our wedding coordinator, handled the wedding day with ease and made it so special. Our guests truly enjoyed themselves and like us, loved the venue. The bride, groom and MOB were able to enjoy their special day worry free! Thank you, thank you!!

Sent on 10/22/2019

Mary,
    Thank you so much! We enjoyed working with you throughout this process, and LOVED being a part of Taylor & Aaron's big day. We wish you and your family every happiness. Cheers!

Rob Burke · Married on 10/11/2019

Wedding!!!!!

The Hoosier Grove banquet staff was unbelievable!! We were supposed to have our ceremony in the garden but due to last minute weather we changed it to the barn. The staff turned the whole venue around in no time!
    Vicki was amazing helping with coordination the entire event went beyond smooth!
    The bar tender made the only drinks at a wedding I've been to that haven't been just water.
    Overall if I could give 6 stars or more I would. Absolutely amazing experience 10/10

Sent on 11/20/2019

Hoosier Grove Barn's reply:

Yay!!! Thank you so much for your kind words Rob =)
    Wishing you & Sierra all the best in your life together!
  • Beth

Beth Ciabattari · Married on 08/30/2019

Loved our wedding at Hoosier Grove Barn

I can't say enough wonderful things about this venue! It was completely perfect for our wedding and at a great price point too. The staff was fantastic to work with and the location is beautiful!

Sent on 09/09/2019

Hoosier Grove Barn's reply:

Thank you so much Beth! We had a blast working with you! =)
    Wishing you all both all the best on your new adventure!

Jackie · Married on 04/06/2019

A Perfect Wedding Day

I just had my wedding at Hoosier Grove Barn and all I can say is that it was pure perfection. Everything about the day, the staff and the venue was as perfect as it could. I would change nothing about my experience planning and hosting my wedding at Hoosier Grove Barn.

The venue was absolutely gorgeous. The staff was amazing. Mallory jumped in to help with so much more than I had expected her to. Our poor planning and frazzled nerves meant she had to help a bit with making sure everything flowed. Mallory downloaded the song I walked down the aisle to when our plans didn't work out. Mallory and her assistant set up our dessert table for us. Mallory and the rest of the Hoosier Grove staff made sure that everything was taken care of and our wedding was as stress free as possible.

The bartenders were fantastic. The selection of alcohol that came with the standard package was great.

I would highly recommend this venue and all of its staff!

Sent on 04/15/2019

Hoosier Grove Barn's reply:

Thank you Jackie! We had so much fun working with you! Wishing you both the best in your life together =)
  • Emilie

Emilie Hallenbeck · Married on 04/05/2019

Amazing Venue!

I cannot say enough good things about Hoosier Grove Barn! HGB was the first and only venue my husband and I looked at to book and it was the best decision we could have made! HGB made our wedding day the best day of our lives so far. I couldn't have asked for better more attentive staff. Mallory was amazing to work with throughout the planning process and day of! Our day would not have gone as well without her and the staff! We heard so many compliments about the venue from our guests! I can't thank HGB enough for everything!

Sent on 05/14/2019

Emilie,
    Thank you so much for your kind words! Your wedding was so, so beautiful. Cheers to many happy years ahead =)

Brandi · Married on 11/17/2018

Book now!!!!

Wow! What can I say? Hoosier Grove barn exceeded every single one of my expectations! They go above and beyond to make your day exactly what you envisioned all while having a smile on their face! Mallory was amazing!!! She allowed me to come up with crazy ideas and she honored all of them! Their alcohol package is the best I've seen anywhere! The grounds are beautiful with multiple places for on site ceremony. The barn alone is just gorgeous! If you book here I promise you will not be disappointed!

Sent on 11/27/2018

Hoosier Grove Barn's reply:

Thank you Brandi. It was a pleasure working with you and Andy. We wish you and Andy all of the very best!

Leslie

Bradley · Married on 10/14/2018

The team at the Barn is outstanding.

Sent on 06/15/2018
  • Kelsey

Kelsey · Married on 10/13/2018

Beautiful venue for a rustic barn wedding

My husband and I got married on October 13th, 2018. We decided to have our wedding at Hoosier Grove barn after taking a small tour of the barn and the rest of the facilities on site a year prior to our wedding. We knew right away Hoosier Grove was going to be the perfect place for our dream wedding in the fall. The barn provided a beautiful intimate banquet room where we held the reception and part of cocktail hour. Our cocktail hour was held outside in the area between the barn and the garden where we got married, but due to cold weather staff assisted with escorting everyone inside of the barn to finish up cocktail hour. The staff did a wonderful job setting up tables and helping decorate both inside and outside. This venue was wonderful because it provided many options to get married on the grounds of the barn including the school house, garden, barn, or numerous places outside on the grounds. My husband and I chose the garden to have the ceremony which was surprisingly warm for the middle of October thanks to the outside fire pits provided by the barn. During cocktail hour the staff was so helpful with keeping the food that we provided hot and cold and also bringing the food out and setting it up for us. Hoosier Grove barn is a great choice if you are looking for a venue that allows you to bring your own food for cocktail hour without going through a vendor. Hoosier Grove also allows you to supply your own vendors instead of picking off of a narrow list of vendors (although they do provide a vendor packet). I also really liked how the bar had name brand and top shelf alcohol and a wide variety of beer which I found very unique. My favorite part about Hoosier Grove Barn was that is was very affordable and did not have any hidden fee's. The packet they provided was very straight forward and broke down how much everything cost (including gratuity costs). The staff at Hoosier Grove Barn were friendly and more than helpful with planning and preparing the wedding of our dreams!! The only negative I have to say about this venue is that it is your responsibility to clean up after the reception which can be a little bit of a hassle at the end of the night.

Sent on 10/19/2019

Kelsey,
    Thank you so much for your kind words!
    We hope you & Tony are enjoying married life, & we wish you all the best =)
  • Gabi

Gabi · Married on 09/02/2018

I cannot say enough about how incredible Mallory and the staff at HGB are. Booking them for our wedding venue was the BEST DECISION we could have made. Mallory goes above and beyond the responsibilities of a day of event coordinator and truly will do anything in her power to make your day the most amazing day of your lives. Our wedding was VERY DIY and when we booked the venue a little less than a year out from our wedding date we had NO IDEA the amount of prep we had signed ourselves up for. Mallory held our hand through early planning steps and truly was a Godsend to have around in the weeks leading up to the big day (PRICELESS to have there ON our wedding day). She was instrumental in guiding our family and friends who were helping us out with decorations and dj-ing through the process of putting on our wedding, and her staff was no less amazing. We got nothing but constant compliments about how well put together everything was and how beautiful the property and the barn were.

Aside from INCREDIBLE SERVICE and STAFF, Hoosier Grove Barn was by far THE BEST VALUE for a rustic-modern barn style wedding in the Chicago Area. You would be hard-pressed to find another venue of this caliber that provides everything they do for their price point. Don't be fooled by their website, go visit them in person and I assure you, you will book it on the spot like we did.

100% best choice we made for our wedding was to start by booking Hoosier Grove Barn!

Sent on 09/06/2018
  • JMF

Jessica · Married on 08/18/2018

The staff at Hoosier grove barn was fantastic! The staff made sure the day flowed and that we stayed on schedule.

Sent on 08/19/2018

Hoosier Grove Barn's reply:

Thank you, Jessica! We wish you and Michael the very best.

Marissa · Married on 08/17/2018

I cannot put into words how absolutely amazed my husband and I and all of our family and friends are by how our wedding turned out. From the very start of meeting with Leslie we knew this was our place! The ceremony garden, grounds, and barn are so well kept and beautiful. Working with Mallory to coordinate our day was a breeze! Mallory and Leslie both helped us plan our perfect day... they know everything!! The staff at the barn the day of our wedding were all quick to help, friendly, and knowledgeable. Chris did a fantastic job setting everything up, the bar staff were on top of it and our guests loved their personalities (colleen especially). Donna definitely went above and beyond to ensure everything was what we wanted. My husband and his groomsmen loved Donna and she kept them in line lol! My biggest shout out has to go to Mallory. You are doing exactly what you are meant to do! Mallory had to assist my florist that was late and needed to rearrange bouquets. She went way above and beyond to ensure our flowers were out on time and perfect, along with coordinating the rest of the staff, vendors, and bridal party! I am sure I don't know everything that all of HGB staff did because they took care of everything so flawlessly without involving myself or husband. If you are looking for an amazing team and gorgeous venue, this is it, stop looking!!

Sent on 08/27/2018

Hoosier Grove Barn's reply:

Wow, Marissa what a great review! Thank you. You and Matthew were a pleasure to work with. We wish you too the very best!

Rebecca · Married on 07/21/2018

My husband and I had our wedding at HGB in July. The venue is absolutely beautiful and unique. Mallory, the coordinator was amazing to work with and was always supportive and flexible. All of our guests loved the schoolhouse, barn, and patio garden. It was like having three venue locations in one! I also love how they decorate the barn with beautiful lights, which makes decorating for the wedding much easier. We are so happy we found HBG, and cannot imagine having our wedding anywhere else. I cannot recommend this place enough! HBG gave us our dream wedding site at an affordable price!

Sent on 08/22/2018

Stacey · Married on 06/23/2018

My husband and I cannot even begin to say in words how great our wedding turned out at Hoosier Grove Barn. From our first visit and meeting with Vicki, we knew this was a venue that would go above and beyond to make sure our day was exactly how we pictured it. Every subsequent visit, we grew more and more confident in the staff and our choice in venue. The venue itself is gorgeous - especially in the Spring and Summer. We enjoyed the option of having dinner in a tent to not only allow us to have a larger wedding, but to make use of all the space Hoosier has to offer. We used a lot of the vendors suggested by the Hoosier Grove and could not have been happier with our choices. The staff at Hoosier Grove Barn seemed to have very good relationships with all vendors making the day go seamless. Hoosier Grove provided an excellent liquor package that all of our guests enjoyed. There are many places to take pictures at the venue making it easy to get all of our bride/groom portraits, wedding party pictures, and family pictures done all before our ceremony. We got married in front of the schoolhouse steps. The staff at Hoosier set all the chairs up, moved the chairs from the ceremony to the tent, then even took down all the tables/chairs under the tent while we were dancing. It definitely made cleaning up at the end of the night a little less stressful! The communication with Hoosier was great. Both Mallory and Vicki were great people to work with. The day of, both knew what was going on and were great to have around to help coordinate the vendors and get all the decorations to where they should be. The venue is all very clean. We had no mishaps, dirty linens, or major surprises the day of the wedding. All of our guests had the best time and we heard no complaints from anyone. We would 100% recommend this venue to host your wedding or event!

Sent on 08/02/2018

stephanie · Married on 06/16/2018

Best wedding venue ever! We couldn't be happier with Hoosier Grove Barn. We booked our wedding 2 years out and Mallory made our every dream come true. Our wedding was beautiful in every way and the HGB team worked hard to ensure everything ran smooth. From the months of planning with Mallory, helping us set up the morning of which I couldn't have done without Rio (and easing all of my wedding day jitters) to making sure that each moment of my day went smooth. They went above and beyond my expectations. Our wedding day was record setting heat and HGB did everything in their power to make sure myself and our guests were cool as could be. The venue itself is gorgeous and the price is reasonable in comparison to others. You must see HGB! Their team and the venue are a dream come true.

Sent on 06/19/2018

Shirley · Married on 06/08/2018

Our wedding took place on 6/08/18 at Hoosier Barn. This venue is absolutely wonderful, and offers couples the chance to create the wedding of their dreams. Throughout the night we heard about how amazing Hoosier Barn was from our guests The venue has several options for outdoor ceremonies as well as indoor options. The facility is just beautiful. To be completely honest, I do not think their website does the place justice at all, so if you have not went out to see the venue make sure you do this!I cannot speak enough about how tremendous the staff is at the Barn. Vicki and Mallory who are the wedding coordinators really assisted in giving us ideas, but also in making our vision of the event a reality. The bartenders and people who worked and assisted with the transitions that take place at the wedding were so nice, and great at making everything run smoothly. I was told by friends and family that after the wedding we would look back at the day, and identify things we would do differently. However, that is not the case at all. We are so happy that we chose Hoosier Barn because we could have not been more pleased!! Hoosier Barn is an unbelievable venue at a reasonable price, and a great place for a fairytale wedding!

Sent on 06/10/2018

Meghan · Married on 04/07/2018

I am so happy that we had our wedding ceremony and reception at Hoosier Grove Barn! It was BEAUTIFUL - honestly, everything I hoped for. The staff there is absolutely AMAZING! Mallory is awesome - any little question or request I had, she was on top of it. Everyone else there was super friendly and helpful as well. Mitchell and I had an incredible experience working with them. We would highly recommend them! They made our big day so special! Thank you Hoosier Grove Barn! :)

Sent on 04/19/2018

Hoosier Grove Barn's reply:

Thank you Meghan and Mitchell. It was a real pleasure working with you. We wish you all of the very best!

Kari · Married on 10/14/2017

We had our wedding at Hoosier Grove Barn on 10/14/17 and can say that everything was perfect! From the moment we toured the facility with Leslie to the very last minute of our wedding, the staff was so accommodating! There were severe lightning and thunderstorms on our wedding day so the staff had to set everything up inside; ceremony, cocktail hour and the reception and everything was amazing! None of my bridal party was at the venue to put me in my dress for our first look pictures (they were still getting hair and makeup done) but Mallory, the coordinator, helped me get in my dress. She was truly amazing! Every email was answered in a short amount of time, all of our questions and concerns were answered and they made everything stunning and perfect. We LOVED everything about Hoosier Grove Barn. Amazing staff, amazing service and very, very reasonably priced! We wouldn't change a thing about our experience.. The venue was beautiful and staff was fantastic! We would highly recommend!

Sent on 10/20/2017

Jennifer · Married on 10/13/2017

We had our wedding at the Hoosier Grove Barn. It is such a beautiful place. We received so many compliments from our guest about what a nice venue it was, some even said they would host an event there. The open bar package they had was amazing, the selection of alcohol was great especially for the price. All the guest we’re impressed. Everyone who works there is extremely helpful and help you plan a timeline. They give you a lot of good recommendations on vendors in the area. They helped us create a prefect wedding.

Sent on 01/26/2018

Aaron · Married on 10/06/2017

BEST SEVICE EVER. STAFF AND WEDDING COORDINATOR Mallory Lorence Were AMAZING every step of the way. I dnt think we were told NO once for any Iread or changes we had lol. If u want ur "wife's" DREAM BARN WEDDING to be everything it can be plus more HOOSIER GROVE BARN is the place... the place where dreams come true. Thank you all Love you. EVERYONE HAD A BLAST!!!!
    BEST EVER!!!!!!!!!

Sent on 10/20/2017

Emily · Married on 09/23/2017

We are so incredibly happy with the way our wedding turned out. Leslie, Mallory and the say-of staff were a dream to work with. They made all of my crazy ideas a total reality, and the value of the venue is out of this world. You can bring your own food and decorations, DJ is optional with their included sound system, AND you receive a wedding coordinator with your package price. They provided all of the staff that I didn't have, and they have so many other amenities that you can add, and a list of vendors that you can use (we received a discount from our food vendor for using Hoosier).

I was nervous about the size of the space, but they managed to help us include all of our decorations and guests. And the indoor AND outdoor settings are perfect for pictures. Ours turned out AMAZING.

I really can't say enough about the Hoosier staff and the Barn itself. They rotated our decorations WHILE the reception was happening, without any interruptions, EXACTLY like I told them to (and there was A LOT to do). I was a nutcase bride, but they fulfilled all of my highest expectations. And the location genuinely looks so expensive (and you're getting it for a steal).

We love Hoosier, the staff we were provided, and the incredible park district team. Thank you for making our day so memorable and seamless!

Sent on 12/01/2017

Meredith · Married on 09/16/2017

The Hoosier Grove Barn is one of the most unique and beautiful wedding venues in the Chicago suburbs. The service provided is simply outstanding and the setting is timeless. Our guests have not stopped mentioned how this was one of the nicest weddings they have ever been to. Mallory was our AMAZING wedding coordinator. She was professional, patient, and extremely knowledgeable when it came to planning our event. From start to finish, she was there every step of the way. We were so lucky to have her. I highly recommend every wedding couple looking for a unique and intimate venue take a look at the Hoosier Grove Barn!

Sent on 11/06/2017

Hoosier Grove Barn's reply:

Thank you Meredith! We wish you and Brandon all of the very best! It was a pleasure working with you.

Erin · Married on 09/02/2017

We got married at Hoosier Grove on September 2, 2017. Our wedding day went so smoothly thanks to the helpful staff who were on top of things all day. We received many compliments from our guests about how friendly and helpful all the staff members were. From the wedding coordinators, to the bartenders, and the custodial staff- they were all wonderful! We ultimately decided on having our wedding here due to the great price and everything that is included in that price. We realized how good of a deal it was after doing our research on similar venues. The only cons of this venue is that the actual barn doesn't hold that many for the dinner portion so if you are planning on having over 100 guests you will have to purchase a tent as well. Also, since our wedding was on a Saturday, we didn't have the option to decorate the night before so, that all had to be done all the morning of which was a little hectic. However, we were made fully aware that that would be the situation before booking so there were no surprises. It was also nice that my bridesmaids and I were able to get ready in the loft area where I was able to oversee the decorating and everything. Overall, the entire day was beautiful and we had a blast!

Sent on 09/25/2017

Katie · Married on 08/27/2017

We had our wedding at Hoosier Grove Barn last weekend and we have nothing but the best things to say about the venue and the entire team that we worked with! The team went above and beyond to ensure each detail was attended to; their expertise, professionalism and friendliness to all our guests did not go unnoticed. They also coordinated and worked flawlessly with all our vendors. The venue and the campus was truly a unique and special place to have our wedding!

Sent on 09/03/2017

Rachel · Married on 07/08/2017

The Hoosier Grove Barn staff made our wedding a stress free day! We met a few times prior to the big day to build a time line, and then our amazing coordinators Mallory and Vicki were there the day of to ensure everything went smoothly. This is the perfect venue for having your entire wedding at one location. We had the ceremony in the garden, cocktails outside in the courtyard, and the reception in the barn. The barn (and entire campus) is BEAUTIFUL so we hardly needed to buy additional decorations - we just bought enough to add a personal touch.
    THANK YOU Hoosier Grove Barn and staff for helping to make our wedding an amazing day!!

Sent on 07/22/2017

Susan · Married on 06/24/2017

The staff at Hoosier Grove Barn did a wonderful job of creating the wedding my daughter & her fiancé envisioned. They were incredibly flexible and accommodating, paying attention to details and offering suggestions all along the way. They made it all flow smoothly. We received many compliments about the venue being unique, charming and intimate. We couldn't have asked for a better day!

Sent on 07/07/2017