40 Reviews for Hoosier Grove Barn

Outside Vendors (2)
Outside Cake (2)
Signature Drink (2)
Outside Alcohol (2)
All Inclusive Packages (1)
Pet Friendly (1)
Wireless Internet (1)
Specialty Wine (1)
40 Hoosier Grove Barn Reviews

Our wedding took place on 6/08/18 at Hoosier Barn. This venue is absolutely wonderful, and offers couples the chance to create the wedding of their dreams. Throughout the night we heard about how amazing Hoosier Barn was from our guests The venue has several options for outdoor ceremonies as well as indoor options. The facility is just beautiful. To be completely honest, I do not think their website does the place justice at all, so if you have not went out to see the venue make sure you do this!I cannot speak enough about how tremendous the staff is at the Barn. Vicki and Mallory who are the wedding coordinators really assisted in giving us ideas, but also in making our vision of the event a reality. The bartenders and people who worked and assisted with the transitions that take place at the wedding were so nice, and great at making everything run smoothly. I was told by friends and family that after the wedding we would look back at the day, and identify things we would do differently. However, that is not the case at all. We are so happy that we chose Hoosier Barn because we could have not been more pleased!! Hoosier Barn is an unbelievable venue at a reasonable price, and a great place for a fairytale wedding!

Profile Picture Shirley, 6/8/18, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

I am so happy that we had our wedding ceremony and reception at Hoosier Grove Barn! It was BEAUTIFUL - honestly, everything I hoped for. The staff there is absolutely AMAZING! Mallory is awesome - any little question or request I had, she was on top of it. Everyone else there was super friendly and helpful as well. Mitchell and I had an incredible experience working with them. We would highly recommend them! They made our big day so special! Thank you Hoosier Grove Barn! :)

Profile Picture Meghan, 4/7/18, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Hoosier Grove Barn was the perfect venue for our wedding. After a long search of venues, we chose Hoosier Grove because of the location, price and positive reviews we read online.

Mallory, our coordinator, was excellent. She was always open and willing to answer any and all of our questions. She accommodated all of our requests and was genuinely involved during the process.

The venue itself exceeded our expectations. The aesthetics and size of the barn provided for a very intimate and fun atmosphere. We received nothing but compliments about the venue and the wedding itself. I would highly recommend this to anyone - friends, family or strangers!

Profile Picture Brian, 11/10/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

We had our wedding at Hoosier Grove Barn on 10/14/17 and can say that everything was perfect! From the moment we toured the facility with Leslie to the very last minute of our wedding, the staff was so accommodating! There were severe lightning and thunderstorms on our wedding day so the staff had to set everything up inside; ceremony, cocktail hour and the reception and everything was amazing! None of my bridal party was at the venue to put me in my dress for our first look pictures (they were still getting hair and makeup done) but Mallory, the coordinator, helped me get in my dress. She was truly amazing! Every email was answered in a short amount of time, all of our questions and concerns were answered and they made everything stunning and perfect. We LOVED everything about Hoosier Grove Barn. Amazing staff, amazing service and very, very reasonably priced! We wouldn't change a thing about our experience.. The venue was beautiful and staff was fantastic! We would highly recommend!

Profile Picture Kari, 10/14/17, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue
Services Used: Indoor, Bartender(s), Champagne Toast, Open Bar, Outside Alcohol, Premium Liquor, Signature Drink, Parking, All Inclusive Packages, Outside Vendors, Bridal Suite, Clean Up, Event Planning, In-House Bar, Linens

We had our wedding at the Hoosier Grove Barn. It is such a beautiful place. We received so many compliments from our guest about what a nice venue it was, some even said they would host an event there. The open bar package they had was amazing, the selection of alcohol was great especially for the price. All the guest we’re impressed. Everyone who works there is extremely helpful and help you plan a timeline. They give you a lot of good recommendations on vendors in the area. They helped us create a prefect wedding.

Profile Picture Jennifer, 10/13/17, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

BEST SEVICE EVER. STAFF AND WEDDING COORDINATOR Mallory Lorence Were AMAZING every step of the way. I dnt think we were told NO once for any Iread or changes we had lol. If u want ur "wife's" DREAM BARN WEDDING to be everything it can be plus more HOOSIER GROVE BARN is the place... the place where dreams come true. Thank you all Love you. EVERYONE HAD A BLAST!!!!
BEST EVER!!!!!!!!!

Profile Picture Aaron, 10/6/17, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Wedding Planning

We are so incredibly happy with the way our wedding turned out. Leslie, Mallory and the say-of staff were a dream to work with. They made all of my crazy ideas a total reality, and the value of the venue is out of this world. You can bring your own food and decorations, DJ is optional with their included sound system, AND you receive a wedding coordinator with your package price. They provided all of the staff that I didn't have, and they have so many other amenities that you can add, and a list of vendors that you can use (we received a discount from our food vendor for using Hoosier).

I was nervous about the size of the space, but they managed to help us include all of our decorations and guests. And the indoor AND outdoor settings are perfect for pictures. Ours turned out AMAZING.

I really can't say enough about the Hoosier staff and the Barn itself. They rotated our decorations WHILE the reception was happening, without any interruptions, EXACTLY like I told them to (and there was A LOT to do). I was a nutcase bride, but they fulfilled all of my highest expectations. And the location genuinely looks so expensive (and you're getting it for a steal).

We love Hoosier, the staff we were provided, and the incredible park district team. Thank you for making our day so memorable and seamless!

Profile Picture Emily, 9/23/17, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

The Hoosier Grove Barn is one of the most unique and beautiful wedding venues in the Chicago suburbs. The service provided is simply outstanding and the setting is timeless. Our guests have not stopped mentioned how this was one of the nicest weddings they have ever been to. Mallory was our AMAZING wedding coordinator. She was professional, patient, and extremely knowledgeable when it came to planning our event. From start to finish, she was there every step of the way. We were so lucky to have her. I highly recommend every wedding couple looking for a unique and intimate venue take a look at the Hoosier Grove Barn!

Profile Picture Meredith, 9/16/17, 3 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue
Services Used: Parking, Bartender(s), Open Bar, Premium Liquor, Specialty Beer, Event Planning, In-House Bar, Linens, Indoor, Uncovered Outdoor

We got married at Hoosier Grove on September 2, 2017. Our wedding day went so smoothly thanks to the helpful staff who were on top of things all day. We received many compliments from our guests about how friendly and helpful all the staff members were. From the wedding coordinators, to the bartenders, and the custodial staff- they were all wonderful! We ultimately decided on having our wedding here due to the great price and everything that is included in that price. We realized how good of a deal it was after doing our research on similar venues. The only cons of this venue is that the actual barn doesn't hold that many for the dinner portion so if you are planning on having over 100 guests you will have to purchase a tent as well. Also, since our wedding was on a Saturday, we didn't have the option to decorate the night before so, that all had to be done all the morning of which was a little hectic. However, we were made fully aware that that would be the situation before booking so there were no surprises. It was also nice that my bridesmaids and I were able to get ready in the loft area where I was able to oversee the decorating and everything. Overall, the entire day was beautiful and we had a blast!

Profile Picture Erin, 9/2/17, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue
Services Used: Parking, Bartender(s), Champagne Toast, Open Bar, Premium Liquor, Specialty Beer, Uncovered Outdoor, Outside Vendors, Bridal Suite, Clean Up, Event Planning, In-House Bar, Linens

We had our wedding at Hoosier Grove Barn last weekend and we have nothing but the best things to say about the venue and the entire team that we worked with! The team went above and beyond to ensure each detail was attended to; their expertise, professionalism and friendliness to all our guests did not go unnoticed. They also coordinated and worked flawlessly with all our vendors. The venue and the campus was truly a unique and special place to have our wedding!

Profile Picture Katie, 8/27/17, 3 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

The Hoosier Grove Barn staff made our wedding a stress free day! We met a few times prior to the big day to build a time line, and then our amazing coordinators Mallory and Vicki were there the day of to ensure everything went smoothly. This is the perfect venue for having your entire wedding at one location. We had the ceremony in the garden, cocktails outside in the courtyard, and the reception in the barn. The barn (and entire campus) is BEAUTIFUL so we hardly needed to buy additional decorations - we just bought enough to add a personal touch.
THANK YOU Hoosier Grove Barn and staff for helping to make our wedding an amazing day!!

Profile Picture Rachel, 7/8/17, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

The staff at Hoosier Grove Barn did a wonderful job of creating the wedding my daughter & her fiancé envisioned. They were incredibly flexible and accommodating, paying attention to details and offering suggestions all along the way. They made it all flow smoothly. We received many compliments about the venue being unique, charming and intimate. We couldn't have asked for a better day!

Profile Picture Susan, 6/24/17, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Hoosier Grove Barn was an amazing venue! They were very flexible with changes and helped every step of the way for planning. The guests loved the beautiful barn and outside grounds. We had the ceremony on the school house steps and it was a perfect setting. The bartenders and on-site staff were super friendly and helpful and made the night run smoothly. I cannot say enough good things about this place! :)

Profile Picture Nicole , 6/16/17, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Lighting & Decor, Wedding Planning

Highly Recommend!
We got married on May 6th 2017 at Hoosier Grove Barn and it was simply a wonderful day! I couldn't be happier with how everything turned out and having our wedding on the beautiful grounds of HGB was just perfect! First of all I want to thank the wonderful wedding coordinators who made our day happen- Mallory, Leslie and Vicki were helpful, friendly, super accommodating, idea filled and reassuring that the day would be great- and it was!! I went to the barn many times to get ideas on how I wanted it set up and every time everyone was so helpful. Our weather for the day originally wasn't looking too good and we had to make a last minute decision to rent a tent for the ceremony so we met with Leslie and Mallory and went thru the logistics of setup and "the look" and we decided to not do the rent over our ceremony site but instead to put the tent on the lawn as a backup plan and I'm so glad we listened because we ended up luckily having a beautiful sunny day and were able to have addtl seating in the tent for people to avoid the sun and our Groomsmen hung out there prior to the ceremony and it just turned out great! For the best bang for your buck I highly recommend Hoosier Grove Barn - our bridesmaids got ready in the barn Loft area, it was perfect for hair/makeup and mimosas :) we had a group of people help with our table and decor set up, Mallory was always around keeping us up to date, there are so many options to have your ceremony at on the grounds - we chose their newer garden area and it was just so perfect! Picture taking areas are endless and our guests had space to linger and walk around and enjoy the area! Making room for the dance floor was done in the blink of an eye and none of the guests were too bothered - the sound for the DJ was good and the Bartenders were even better! I heard nothing but good reviews from my family and friends about the service , servers and the bartenders keeping those drinks flowing! Thank you HGB!!

Profile Picture Monique, 5/6/17, 1 Review

Hi,
It has been a long time since our wedding and I just wanted to take the time to say that it was the best experience of our lives. Everybody from the wedding planner to the bar staff (especially the bar staff) were pleasant, professional, and clearly cared about our special day as if it were their own. We still get complements on everything from the weather to the very beautiful environment of the barn and surrounding grounds. Thank you and all your staff for making our day truly magical (not just a pun because of the Harry Potter theme).
So happy working with you and always recommending the barn as an ideal location for any event.
Forever grateful!
Tori & Andy
April 1st 2017 “Always”

Profile Picture Andrew, 4/1/17, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Dan and I would both like to thank you and your staff for all of your hard work and help! Hoosier Grove Barn and the staff are the only people we never had any problems or hiccups with and to us that means so much! Everyone was right on point and did an impeccable job! This day would not have been everything we ever imagined and more without you and all your AWESOME staff! Thank you again from the bottom of our hearts! We will both be HIGHLY recommending the Hoosier Grove Barn as a beautiful and flawless wedding/event venue!

Profile Picture Brittany, 11/5/16, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

My Wedding was on October 21, 2016 at Hoosier Grove Barn. Now that the dust has settled and back from our Honeymoon, I am excited to write reviews. I can't say enough about Hoosier Grove Barn. From the time we stepped foot inside for our first meeting and tour, we just knew and booked on the spot. Leslie and Elisha are amazing and patient and they help with any questions you may have. Elisha responds to e-mails in a timely manner, gets you the answers you need no matter how crazy of a question and is so hands on day of wedding. Our Wedding went so smooth, I wouldn't have changed a thing. The grounds are kept so nice and the venue has so many wonderful photo ops. We had roughly 90 people and they just fit perfectly inside the school house and Barn. I am only married 2 weeks and I miss the process of working with Hoosier already! I will forever be grateful.

Profile Picture Stephanie, 10/21/16, 6 Reviews
Services Used: Linens

We had our wedding this October at Hoosier Grove Barn, and I don’t even know where to start about how great they have been to us. We looked at a lot of venues in a lot of price ranges, and HGB was not only our favorite one we looked at, but the most competitively priced as well for what you get. They had lists of dozens of caterers, photographers, bakeries, decorators and any other vendors you could imagine for a wedding already listed out with contact info in a tidy little folder that we got when we looked at the venue. Every vendor we talked to had nothing but wonderful things to say about HGB, and every time we had any questions or concerns, any staff member that we would reach out to was incredibly quick and precise with their responses. We got updates and reminders on things from Elisha on a regular basis, and the payment plan was laid out in a very manageable timeline and explained thoroughly to us from the beginning. Obviously planning a wedding is one of the most stressful things a lot of people can imagine doing, but between the abundant information provided and the help from staff members from HGB we honestly were able to put a lot of specific touches on our planning and had a lot of fun in the process! On top of all this, whenever we thought of something specific (like flying a Cubs flag from the flag pole out front!) that needed special permissions, Elisha or Leslie would address it right away and make sure we could do everything we wanted on our special day.

Profile Picture amanda, 10/16/16, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

We had our wedding at the Hoosier Grove Barn on October 15, 2016.
The entire campus is absolutely breathtaking and the history of the barn as well as of the schoolhouse is quite interesting. The venue itself as well as the staff are absolutely wonderful. Any question I had was always answered expeditiously and thoroughly. The staff were more than accommodating and always helpful to find solutions (we ended up using their speaker system inside the barn in lieu of a DJ).
All of our wedding guests told us how much they truly enjoyed the venue as well as the incredible staff (specifically the bartenders :) ). I cannot speak highly enough about the Hoosier Grove Barn! Thank you for making our wedding incredibly special, HGB!

Profile Picture Charlotte, 10/15/16, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

The Hoosier Grove Barn was absolutely perfect for our special day. The staff was awesome. Our coordinator Elisha made everything so easy and was a real pleasure working with. The venue itself was beautiful.

Profile Picture User6853071, 1+ year ago, 3 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

My husband and I recently got married there in September and we loved everything about it. From the day we choose the place, Leslie and Elisha were just amazing. We had a small tent issue leading up to the wedding and Elisha was great in helping us through that. We used the venue for both the ceremony and reception and I loved the convenience of not having to leave the venue all day. We got married in their new courtyard garden which is just gorgeous! Everything was amazing and the guests kept telling us how beautiful the place was and how great the staff was (especially Donna and Collin) all the way to the very end of the night! I highly recommend this venue! You will not be disappointed!

Profile Picture Katy, 9/4/16, 3 Reviews
Services Used: Uncovered Outdoor, Event Planning, Linens

We just got married at the Hoosier Grove Barn on 08.20.16 and couldn't be happier! The venue is such a naturally beautiful place and I can't count how many of our guests came up to me to tell us how gorgeous they thought the barn and grounds looked! The barn team worked so hard to make sure everything went smoothly. Throughout planning, Leslie and Elisha were flexible, helpful, and genuinely caring. On the day of the wedding, the venue support staff, especially Rio, did an exceptional job helping to make sure everything was set up how we had planned and checked-in on us several times to make sure we had everything we needed. Lastly, the barn's wedding coordinator, Elisha, is the sweetest and most hard working person! She went above and beyond. We couldn't thank her enough for all the behind the scenes work and continued communication throughout planning. The wedding wouldn't have been the same without her involvement! Thank you so much! Tonya & Eric Ellis

Profile Picture Tonya, 8/20/16, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

I wish I could give more than 5 stars to Hoosier Grove Barn! There are not enough kind words or space on this review for my husband and me to express how happy we were with our wedding on 4/23/16 at Hoosier Grove Barn. All of the staff, especially Leslie and Elisha, were hands down amazing. Planning a wedding is difficult and time consuming, planning a wedding in four months due to my father’s illness, added some stress. However, the venue staff went above and beyond to make our day special and flawless. They maintained professionalism, responded to emails and phone calls promptly, had a great sense of humor, and were simply genuine. Elisha has an immense amount of patience. I was bombarding her with questions and emails on daily basis and she always responded promptly and respectfully. Our wedding was a bit different in the sense that we had a lot of transitions that took place on our wedding day. Our ceremony took place outside and it was absolutely stunning! Craig and I had about 165 guests, so they would not all fit inside the barn so we had to rent a tent for dinner. After dinner we transitioned inside the barn after dinner for the reception. The staff went out of their way to make each transition smooth and stress-free. They moved our personal items out of the loft and transported decorations from outside to inside. The following day all of our table decorations and miscellaneous items that had been left at the barn were neatly packed and organized. I can’t recommend this venue enough. Simply put, remarkable staff, beautiful location, and reasonable prices. Leslie and Elisha, thank you so much for making our wedding day a great party and celebration. I hope to see you soon at another wedding as a guest!

Profile Picture Kelly, 4/23/16, 3 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Fantastic experience thanks to Leslie and Elisha and the Hoosier Grove Barn! We were looking for a venue to host our wedding in April which in the Chicagoland-area weather can be tough. After knowing the week before gave us rain/hail/snow, and then April 16th gave us temperatures in the high 70's, Elisha and team were very helpful in high top cocktail tables outside so our guests could enjoy the outside weather in between the ceremony and the reception. Elisha was really helpful in the whole process -- she was always a call or email away to help with questions or details. Our guests loved the venue!! Great for family and friend photo's; quaint and charming venue that allowed us to have a casual celebration of our vows with close friends and family. We had a 3 piece band to provide music to dance to and the barn worked perfect for them too. Thank you for providing a great wedding day for all of us. From start to finish, I highly recommend the Hoosier Grove Barn with the help of Leslie and Elisha to make a more than memorable day possible. Thanks again, Mr & Mrs Q.

Profile Picture User6641658, 2+ years ago, 6 Reviews