Honored Occasions Reviews

110 | Brea, CA

110 Reviews for Honored Occasions

Debbie · Married on 10/12/2013

Wow what a great experience. Steve was so much fun and kept the party going all night!

Sent on 10/26/2013

Kendra · Married on 07/27/2013

My now husband had a very particular playlist in mind for our wedding and Steve was great at making sure we had a great mix of songs that meant something to us, and also set the right tone for our guests and got everyone up on the dance floor. The dance floor was full all night with our guests of all ages - which is no easy feat! I was very impressed by Steve's ability to keep the tone just right throughout the reception (and ceremony). He was very fun to work with!

Sent on 12/26/2013

Jenna · Married on 09/02/2012

Our DJ was awesome he really rocked the dance floor! Our guest danced the whole night! After reception a lot of people commented on how great the DJ was!

Sent on 09/19/2012

Mike · Married on 08/06/2011

We hired Honored Occasions for our evening courtyard wedding at the Bower's Museum. They provided the courtyard lighting, projector, DJ, and MC. Our MC was Martin Felipe. They were professional, flexible, and played all of our requested music. Martin and the DJ did a great job getting the audience involved and had a great trick for getting almost everyone (including guests we would never think would do it) out on the dance floor and having a great time. The unexpected bonus was the DJ teaching everyone to do a group thriller dance on the spot. We and our guests were very impressed with them and we would recommend them. Only critiques were some emails that got lost in the ether and that the last minute negotiations to extend the night could have been easier.

Sent on 09/20/2011
  • Mark Philipp

Mark Philipp · Married on 06/27/2009

Wow this company is AWESOME. I it was money well spent. Most people will hire their friends who have two turntables, some CD’s and mics. Trust me I have a lot and a few that actually DJ on famous radio shows in LA. However you need not only a DJ but a Master of Ceremony to move the crowd. We were in luck to get Steve on this one. Not only is he great but he is one of a kind. Our wedding was the first in a long time for both of our families and after a few months later the families are still speaking about the song selections and all the dancing. There was no stop dancing. Steve got the crowd so involved we had to pay extra to keep the venue open for another hour. They also have a lighting company that is up to par. They do Disney productions also. So you will spend a little more with this company but who is going pass up a memorable night on the dance floor rather than walking by an ice sculpture that will melt midway or one of those cheesy photo booths?

Sent on 02/05/2010

Rebecca · Married on 10/02/2011

Our wedding was a blast! Jim had a few surprises for us and everyone had a great time dancing! Thanks for everything Honored Occasions.

Sent on 10/07/2011

Jen · Married on 07/16/2011

Steve was our DJ and he did a great job. The signature first dance was well-worth it and so many of our guests commented on how special they thought it was.

Sent on 09/10/2011

Steve Shanahan is a true professional. He was easy to work with and was attentive to our requests. He kept the day running smoothly and the mood was festive. Thanks, Steve, for making it all so unforgettable!

Sent on 06/01/2013

Sonia · Married on 06/23/2012

Steve Shanahan's team was professional and easy to work with. also, he was very familiar with the wedding venue I chose and we didn't have to meet in person! what a treat! He was really honest about pricing as well and didn't offer me additional service i didn't need. He was putting my needs first. Thank you Steve!

Sent on 07/11/2012

Susana · Married on 03/27/2010

3.8
      2.0

Steve did a good job at our wedding, but honestly I wasn't expecting as much as the service he provided. But overall he did a good job at the wedding.

At our first meeting, my husband and I drove 80 miles to Brea to meet him in his office on a Sunday morning. But Steve was late by 30 minutes and did not apologize. We went with his services because he has experience at our reception venue and we wanted him to also provide lighting. Since we only needed a DJ to provide music and not an emcee, we were OK with what was happening so far.

It was also strange for Steve to only address my husband when corresponding via email when I was the one writing the checks and writing most of the emails to him. He wasn't very responsive either. That put me off even further...

But in all fairness, the music selection he made on the wedding day was excellent. He was professional and did what he was paid to do.

Sent on 04/13/2010