Honored Occasions Reviews

110 | Brea, CA

110 Reviews for Honored Occasions

Tracy · Married on 09/10/2016

We are so happy to have hired Honored Occasions to be our DJ/Emcee and lighting for our wedding at Terranea. Steve, our DJ, made the night run smoothly and kept the energy up. During all the planning leading up to the big day, Steve was very helpful in picking songs, responded promptly, provided amazing input, and made us feel at ease. He worked very well with our wedding planner to ensure everything ran flawlessly and was able to read the crowd as the night went on. We couldn't be any happier with our choice in hiring Steve.

Sent on 09/16/2016

Sandy · Married on 08/27/2016

Steve was the DJ for our wedding, and he was an absolute pleasure to work with. He’s always responsive throughout the planning process and he gave us so many great suggestions in picking songs. His music choices during the reception were also fantastic. Everyone had a great time at the wedding. Our friends actually danced non-stop throughout the night and the dance floor was constantly full!

Honored Occasions also provided lighting and photobooth for us, and everything went smoothly. We’re really glad we had Steve at our wedding!

Sent on 10/01/2016

Hank · Married on 08/20/2016

This is one of the easiest reviews I’ve ever written (if you want to skip the details, just go ahead and hire Ryan Moore from Honored Occasions, he’s fantastic).

We live in Texas, have never been married before, and we needed a DJ to perform our wedding in Laguna Beach. With everything else going on, the last thing we wanted to be nervous about was the music.

We hired Ryan and he took care of everything we asked of him. I was very specific on what music we wanted—and didn’t want—and he was loyal to our requests. Even when some of our guests begged and pleaded to play songs we hate, Ryan was the most diplomatic DJ I’ve ever encountered, denying their requests in a way that made them smile (which made us smile).

On top of arranging, mixing, and providing the music, Ryan was also there to guide us through the evening (again, it was our first time and in the moment it can be easy to forget what’s coming next). Ryan made everything smooth. We could relax knowing he would take care of everything in a way that exceeded our expectations. We could enjoy the happiest day of our lives because we made the decision to hire a true professional.

I am a picky, stubborn perfectionist who is very difficult to please. Ryan never disappointed, he gave us a perfect night and made it seem effortless. Do yourself a favor. Stop looking for a DJ. Hire Ryan. Thank me later.

Sent on 08/27/2016

Liz · Married on 08/20/2016

Steve is absolutely amazing! My husband and I could not have asked for a more perfect DJ for our wedding or for better reception lighting. Steve was incredibly professional and outgoing from the moment we first met him, so we knew he would be the perfect fit for our big day. Steve played the perfect blend of music for the dinner hour and transitioned smoothly into our dancing celebration. I received so many compliments from guests about our music selection and how the variety brought together both our older and younger guests. I wish we could take credit for it, but it was 100% because of Steve's expertise. We also really appreciated Steve's personal calls and felt like we were all on the same page from square one, which made planning so much less stressful. Steve was so personable and the wedding would not have been the same without him as our DJ. I cannot say thank you enough to Steve for making our wedding celebration so perfect!

Sent on 09/13/2016

John · Married on 04/09/2016

Steve was amazing to work with throughout the entire process. He used our song selections to create a playlist for the evening that was uniquely us and exactly what we wanted for our wedding night! The dance floor did not stop once it got going!! And as a bonus - he did beautiful lighting for the dance floor and provided a photo booth which our guests thoroughly enjoyed!

Sent on 04/24/2016
  • User6593844 · event on: 03/06/2016

Ryan was very professional and helped make my husbands surprise birthday party a big success. He knew what he was doing and his suggestions helped the event go smoothly.

Sent on 04/13/2016

Melanie · Married on 02/06/2016

Steve and his team are great! This is the second wedding he has done for our family, first my sister's and now mine! He's like part of the family. The team is very professional and they deliver a great amount of energy to keep the party involved and engaged!!! It's a fun great time all around. Steve and his team do a great job with lighting as well. It made our reception hall magical with all the beautiful lights and color scheme!

Sent on 05/02/2016

We worked with Steve for our wedding and he is the best! He has such a fantastic attitude and is so fun and easy to work with. People were dancing all night long and everyone had a blast! We also got a photo booth through Honored Occasions and everyone LOVED taking pictures all night long. It was such a fun idea for the wedding and I'm so glad we ending up getting the photo booth!

Sent on 11/08/2015

Alexandra · Married on 09/25/2015

Steve was honestly THE BEST!!! Jenna from Engaged Events referred us to him & he was so accommodating. We got married in Del Mar & he was able to work with our band & step in when they took their breaks...and then be our DJ downstairs for dancing. He also emceed our grand entrance. We spoke before our big day & went over what type of songs & music we liked...and then I let him do the rest of the work. He played an array of different music & the dance floor was NEVER empty (which was one of my concerns - I hate empty dance floors at weddings). I have nothing but amazing things to say about Honored Occasions - THANK YOU, STEVE!!!!

Sent on 10/27/2015
  • F

Felicia · Married on 08/29/2015

We found honored occasions through our wedding vendor and it was the best decision we made! Steve was our dj and our special day went off without a hitch. He met with us a few times before our wedding to make sure everything was perfect and responded quickly to my countless emails. Also they provided our photo booth which was a huge hit and the attendant was so helpful she even helped carry my dress! I highly recommend Steve if you are looking for a great dj to help make your day unforgettable.

Sent on 09/30/2015

Kevin · Married on 08/29/2015

Sent on 09/30/2015

Nikki · event on: 08/10/2015

Honored Occasions is an amazing company. They are my go to DJ and Lighting company for ALL of my events. They do an amazing job with every type of crowd. They are fun and easy to work with, have great ideas and always make the events memorable. Everyone I have worked with through Honored Occasions has been wonderful. Most recently, I have worked with RYAN and he was perfect. I admired and am thankful for his enthusiasm, positivity and willingness to do whatever he could to make the event perfect. I look forward to continuing to work with Honored Occasions and having Ryan DJ more of my events.

Sent on 08/12/2015

Crysta · Married on 06/26/2015

Steve was amazing! We had a hard time finding a DJ since they play such a pivotal role is the flow of your wedding. Since he's worked at the Center Club before he was familiar with the venue so that was a relief. He understood we wanted a tasteful and relaxed setting but also we wanted the dance floor to come alive! Played all our favorite jams! He also supplied our uplighting which also set the mood perfectly. Thanks again Steve!

Sent on 08/06/2015

Brenda · Married on 05/30/2015

Honored Occasions did an outstanding job at my daughter's wedding, they were great to work with and had some wonderful ideas that we hadn't thought of, they listened and were very friendly. They made day extra special and I would recommend them highly.

Sent on 06/09/2015

Chad · Married on 05/09/2015

My wife and I could not have been more please with Steve and Honored Occasions for our wedding! Steve is one of the nicest guys you'll meet! He's is extremely professional and personal, but his best quality is that he LISTENS TO THE CLIENT! My wife and I had a very complete and detailed list of songs we wanted played during the wedding reception. We broke it down into songs for seating, music during dinner service, late night, etc... We went over everything with him, and explained the feel that we wanted the wedding to have. He gave us his input and suggestions, but never just dismissed what we wanted. He tailored everything he did that night to our specific needs and desires. It couldn't have been more perfect. Steve kept everyone engaged, read the mood of the crowd, and kept everyone having a great time all night long! If you choose Steve and Honored Occasions you will not be disappointed!

Sent on 06/06/2015

Steve and Ryan were both wonderful!

Sent on 04/22/2015
  • Amanda11715

Amanda · Married on 01/17/2015

Honored Occasions and Steve were wonderful to work with while planning our wedding. They provided personalized service at a great price. We got so many compliments on our lighting and DJ at our wedding. Steve made sure our "play" and "do not play" list was honored. Our reception went from 5:00 pm until 12:30 am and he kept the party going until he last song. I would recommend Steve and Honored Occasions without hesitation to anyone for their next event.

Sent on 02/08/2015

Steve was so wonderful! He did the best job of getting our Wedding Day fun and festivities up and running. He kept the momentum of the evening going and was just a wonderful addition to our wonderful day. We have used Steve for other weddings in my family too and he has always been just fantastic!!! I would highly recommend Honored Occasions to anyone and everyone!

Sent on 11/03/2014

Brady · Married on 10/18/2014

We recommend Steve with the highest compliments! Virtually every bit of our experience with him was wonderful. He's extremely professional, he's "down to earth", he's responsive, he's current, he's intuitive, he has great ideas and suggestions. He made the wedding perfect - seriously! His equipment is state of the art, his "presence" is subtle, soft and beautiful when needed in the background, and when it's time to ROCK, he's awesome! He knows how to keep a party going! Our dance floor was literally packed all night long. We had guests raving about how the DJ "killed it!" :) Hire him, now. It will be one of the best decisions you will make - I promise.

Sent on 02/12/2015

Jennifee · Married on 09/06/2014

Steve was amazing! I couldn't have had a better DJ!

Sent on 03/02/2015

Michella · Married on 08/10/2014

Steve was absolutely fantastic at our wedding! While planning the wedding, my mother and I had been disagreeing about whether to have a DJ or a live band. We ended up going the DJ direction with Honored Ocassions and were incredibly happy with the results. Steve was an excellent announcer and brought lots of energy and excitement when my bridal party and my groom and I made our grand entrance. During dinner he kept everything very classy and elegant. Later on, after dinner, he had the arduous task of combining American/Latin/European music to keep everyone both young and old happy! I am happy to say he nailed it and kept the energy flowing the whole night. Steve showed an incredible amount of professionalism, but at the same time, looked like he was having a good time too!

Sent on 11/05/2014

Just wanted to say Thank you to Steve at Honored Occasions for adding just the perfect touches and timing to my daughters wedding! Our guests commented on the great music and the fun atmosphere you added to the wedding day.

Sent on 07/08/2014

My husband and I were extremely happy and pleased that we went with Honored Occasions for our wedding. Steve was our DJ/MC and he was phenomenal. From the moment we met with him we were pleased. He was absolutely great! He was friendly, excited for us, and very helpful. We could tell he wanted to make sure our day was special, and that it reflected us. I highly recommend this company.

Sent on 06/01/2014

Susan · Married on 04/27/2014

Steve, the owner, was absolutely the best choice for us. He used our music list preferences, he kept our audience very entertained and kept the evening flowing. He followed our specific requests to the letter. Our ceremony music was perfectly timed, and everything was the right volume. The music for our reception was beautiful and not obnoxiously loud like in some receptions. He worked with our other vendors seamlessly. He was perfect for all ages and seems to really take cues from what is happening with the ebb and flow of events. We were so pleased with this vendor choice and you will be too! People were on the dance floor until the last dance at our Sunday wedding!

Sent on 05/18/2014

Laura · Married on 04/12/2014

My son was getting married and I wanted him and his wife to have the most awesome wedding ever. We hired Justin to be our DJ, and weeks later I am still hearing from people that this was the best wedding they had ever been to! Justin had people on the dance floor the whole entire time the reception was going. My daughter had a wedding five years ago in this same venue and we wanted my son's to be just as incredible. His turned out better, only because Justin was so way better than the DJ we had at my daughter's wedding. The DJ can make or break a wedding. We were recently at one and hardly anyone danced the whole evening. Even those people said our wedding was the best they had been too. A DJ can make or break your event. Justin definitely made ours the best!!! It is so awesome to hear from people that your wedding was the best they had ever been to!!

Sent on 04/28/2014