158 Reviews for Andy Sandy Photo & Video & Makeup Home For Brides

Engagement Shoot (1)
Liability Insurance (1)
Flush Mount (1)
Proofs (1)

Andy was very professional and did a fantastic job on our engagement photos. Anyone can buy an expensive camera and take pictures. Andy separated himself by incorporating the environment, furniture, and lighting to make memorable photographs. He would not settle with just taking a picture, he constantly rearranged furniture, changed lenses, adjusted our postures, and repositioned himself until he found the perfect shot. I would recommend Andy to anyone. He is well worth the price.

Profile Picture Hershey, 8/18/18, 1 Review
Category: Photography

It's was a pleasure working with Andy.

Profile Picture Greg, 5/19/18, 1 Review
Category: Photography, Videography

Andy was great to work with. He was very responsive and evocative about his passion for his work. We worked out a plan that was best suited to our needs and what he offers. His flexibility and insistence that this was all about us is what impressed us the most.
He was on time and the photo shoot itself was fun. He did additional work for us without complaining and made sure he covered everything artistically speaking rather than being rigid about time etc. We reciprocated by adjusting the final payment to reflect his hard work.
As for the final product, we are very happy with the results and will recommend him with full enthusiasm.

Profile Picture Saurabh, 10/20/17, 1 Review
Category: Photography, Videography

Andy was very responsive when I started to reach him for quotation and extended the shooting time for us too!He is very professional and give clear instructions for the postures and how to setup the props. Pictures came out great!

Profile Picture Mandy , 10/3/17, 1 Review
Category: Photography, Videography

Andy was great to work with. He photographed our wedding. He was always quick to respond to our questions, flexible with the date as we had to change from our original day and time, fair and reasonably priced, and very professional. We chose Palace of Fine Arts to have pictures taken before our wedding. Andy provided the precise location and time we should meet him. His attention to detail was fantastic, and the quality of our photos is exceptional. We are a gay couple, and he treated us with dignity and respect. We highly recommend Andy and are very satisfied and happy with the finished product!

Profile Picture Jim, 9/30/17, 1 Review
Category: Photography, Videography

Andy was at destination for wedding in KCMO, Kansas on Aug, 12 2017 and our family decided to hired him for family poitrait sesion. We had an incredible awesome session and would like to recommend Andy. He did a wonderful job. We love it and will definitely have him anytime he is in town for family portrait session. Thanks Andy for your professional work!

Yyen

Profile Picture Yyen, 8/12/17, 1 Review
Category: Photography, Videography

Andy came to our wedding very well prepared and on time. Dressed professionally and all smiles.
Once the photo shoot session began at the beginning of our Chinese banquet wedding, he got all the guest organized so everything would be on time. He was around us most of the night and when he wasn't, it was because he was going around taking candids of the guests. This was great because once we got our photos, it was nice to see everyone having a genuinely great time.
So happy with how the night went and how the photos turned out. Definitely having him do photos at other events we might have in the future and recommendations to friends and family.
Michael Chiu

Photos
Profile Picture Michael, 6/10/17, 1 Review
Category: Photography, Videography

Andy was very easy to communicate with, and he knew exactly what pictures he needed to take on the day of.

Profile Picture Bianca, 6/9/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Photography

Andy was wonderful! He worked with my fiance and was willing to do anything for our proposal.

Profile Picture Marie, 6/1/17, 1 Review
Category: Photography

There are many great qualities that my husband and I valued about Andy and this team. First, they are extremely hardworking! You can tell that his team works well together b/c each person knew their role and took direction from Andy. Throughout the day, they communicated via their headsets which was extremely vital in getting pictures from different angles and distance. This was also helpful during the "getting-ready" part of the day as my husband and I were getting ready in separate locations. Andy is a great leader and he knows exactly what he wants from his team. Andy works hard to get the shots that he wants. He understands lighting and will find the right location for pictures.

Andy is super responsive and accommodating to your needs. We were in regular contact during the months leading up to the wedding and it was easy to communicate with him our wedding schedule and any special requests we had (e.g., location of 1st look).

We are super happy with our pictures and video. We would absolutely recommend Andy to other couples getting married!

Profile Picture Kim, 5/27/17, 3 Reviews
Category: Photography

This review is long overdue. He was our photographer for our civil wedding ceremony in SF City Hall. He was very professional. We live in LA and not quite familiar with the city hall. We picked it for its photogenic architecture. Without Andy we would have totally been lost around the city hall. He guided us from the moment we stepped in and from the time we stepped out. He is experienced and knows the ins and outs. I will surely recommend you and get a hold of you for any future events. Thanks Andy!

Profile Picture Mariya, 4/12/17, 1 Review
Category: Photography, Videography

There's not much more we can say that hasn't already been said here on Yelp. My wife and I got married this past March and we had the great fortune of having Andy and his team taking our photos. Both of us were blown away at their professionalism and skill that day.

They were punctual, professional, had a great eye for using the surrounding background to compose shots and were very organized. Their "random", spur of the moment photos taken (not a posed picture) seemed so "alive" and looked like they were taken by a veteran photojournalist. Also, you have to see the camera utility belts they wore! All our guests were fascinated with how everything they needed was a simple click away on their belts. Need to change lenses? Click. Need to get additional memory cards? Click. Need to switch cameras? Click. Each were like Batman!

My wife and I were very happy with the photos they took that day - all 1,700! Every single photo taken did not require any touch up. The lighting, color, contrast and brightness on each photo Jpeg were perfect. I didn't think it was possible but the ones he touched up for our initial draft review looked even better. We're still in the process of selecting the photos to use in our album, and it will be more difficult as there isn't a single photo taken that we don't want to use!

In summary, we would both highly recommend Andy and his staff for your wedding or special function. It was truly a great experience working with them. We honestly don't believe you'll find better photographers anywhere.

Profile Picture Arn, 3/18/17, 1 Review
Category: Videography

We were lucky to have Andy to do a photoshoot for my son's bar mitzvah after a friends bailed out on us last minute. Andy is one of the most professional, pleasant, and reasonably-priced photographers in the Bay Area. His pricing is transparent: we agreed upfront, no hidden cost, and most importantly, he did not use our last minute request to jack up the price like some others, which I was very thankful for (Yes, I received a quote 10X what we paid Andy).

Andy called to discuss to make sure all details were covered. He not only arrived on time, but was the FIRST one to arrive at the ceremony! His pictures were amazing. We had taken the pictures in the synagogue before and none came out as sharp and clear as Andy's. He even driven down to the party (in another location) to take a few extra shots after the ceremony for us.

I have lived in the city long enough and know the cost of living here. If you ever need a great photographer to work some magic without paying for a king's ransom or being ripped off, I would highly recommend Andy.

Profile Picture B, 3/4/17, 1 Review
Category: Photography, Videography

Andy was very responsive and extremely knowledgeable about the best places/best angles to shoot from. I would definitely recommend him.

Profile Picture S, 1/28/17, 1 Review
Category: Photography, Videography

We hired Andy and his team for our wedding and they were amazing! Definitely worth the investment. Even when I was just inquiring about his services, Andy gave great customer service. He was very patient with me and answered the million questions I had before finally deciding to book him. Ahead of the wedding, Andy is very good at making sure everything is prepared for the day of, as far as scheduling, shot lists, etc. This was very helpful given that you have to worry about several other things for a wedding.

On the day of the wedding, Andy and his team were great. They knew how to keep the day moving to ensure all photos were captured with family, bridal party, etc.

The final product was beautiful! We were more than satisfied with the quality of the photos and our video. Andy even personally delivered the wedding album to my work!

Profile Picture Carla, 10/21/16, 1 Review
Category: Photography, Videography

We booked Andy for a 2 hour session at SF City Hall ceremony and it was great! He was on time, very professional, and packed in over 200 shots. Andy really knows the venue and was able to lead us around the building to multiple settings. We are very satisfied with the photos. He provided all the photos digitally and the turnaround was quick!
We would highly recommend Andy if you are looking for someone to shoot your SF City Hall ceremony.

Profile Picture Tina, 9/29/16, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Andy created a fantastic video for us and was very helpful in addressing my concerns. Unlike other vendors, he was willing to provide us with raw footage in addition to the edited videos, which captured everything we wanted to document. His costs were competitive and fair, his service and responsiveness excellent. I highly recommend.

Profile Picture Andy, 9/24/16, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Andy is great! He is the hardest working photographer that you will find anywhere & his work is excellent!!! He did an amazing job on my brother's wedding, so we went with him as well. We would recommend him to any of our friends getting married!

Profile Picture Brian, 9/10/16, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Andy and his team did an absolutely amazing job! My husband and I received wedding photos, a documentary video, and a wedding photo book from them. Each are reviewed below.
Wedding Photos:
The wedding photos are beautiful! Andy and his team captured every single moment that we wanted. My husband and I were very impressed by and appreciative for Andy’s energy and hard work ethic. It was a very windy day (our wedding was outdoors), and Andy did everything he could to capture the perfect photos. In order to receive the photos, however, my husband and I had to purchase a 1 TB dropbox for one month in order to view and download all of the photos. It would have been really nice if the photo service included an external hard drive, or something similar, that had all of the photos on it.
Wedding Video:
The wedding video is also great! Andy’s music selection suited the video very well, and he captured all of the most important moments from our wedding. However, the garter toss was not filmed clearly (the recording was tilted and focused on the floor), and he did not include the song that we requested. Also, some of the scenes had multiple cuts – so many that my husband and I even got a bit dizzy watching them!
Photo Book:
The wedding photo book is nice, but simple. My husband and I were able to select pictures that we wanted, and then Andy chose a subset of those to include in the book.
Overall:
Andy is passionate about what he does, very hard-working, and energetic. He is also very quick to respond to emails, which is very helpful when planning a wedding! All in all, my husband and I were very happy with Andy’s photo and video services, and we highly recommend them to anyone searching for a wedding photographer and videographer!!

Profile Picture User6808290, 1+ year ago, 2 Reviews
Services Used: High-Res Images, Albums, Digital Files

Any is the best wedding photographer that I worked with. He is diligent and very nice to his customers

Profile Picture Sophia , 7/12/16, 1 Review
Category: Photography, Videography

We had the honor of working with Andy and the staff of Andy Sandy Photo and Video and Makeup Home For Brides. We were impressed with our wedding photographs. Was much better than we expected. They did a great job at capturing the sights of our wedding day. On top of that, the slide show montage that was orchestrated was absolutely fabulous. Slide show montage displayed the essences of our special day in a very emotional collection. From the initial meeting with Andy, we were both excited to work with him. He was not only professional, but utterly easy to talk to. He listened intensely as we described what our wishes were. He assured us that he was the right person for the job and he was indeed. On the day of, he was punctual and had everything set up with time to spare. Andy and the staff were never in the way and did a great job blending in. There were times that I totally forgot that they were there. This was not an easy feat since we had five locations for our wedding: Bride's Place, Groom's Place, Andy Goldworthy's Wood Line, Chapel of Our Lady at the Presidio in San Francisco, and Tai Wu Restaurant in Millbrae. Andy delivered the finished product to us in the time frame that he had promised.

Profile Picture Linda, 7/9/16, 1 Review
Category: Photography, Videography

Andy was fantastic to work with on our wedding video. From the very first email to the delivery of the wedding video, Andy was very pleasant and fast to respond to our questions. The day of the wedding, Josh and Jerry did an AMAZING job capturing the day! The final product is AMAZING! From the Cinematic Highlight video to the Cinematic Documentary Film, we couldn't be more happy to have hired Andy and his team. You won't regret going with Home For Brides.

Profile Picture Phil, 7/2/16, 1 Review
Category: Photography

We are SO glad we picked Andy to be our wedding photographer. He was professional, patient, kind, knowledgeable, and REALLY on top of his game. He really went above and beyond, as we had a couple of special requests and he totally accommodated us. My wife and I are nature girls, and he was able to capture our day with reverence for the natural beauty of our forest venue. And, like most people, we were working within a budget and his prices were very reasonable. We are VERY happy with the photos. I seriously can't recommend him enough...he'll come to your wedding, work is booty off, and you'll be very pleased with the pictures he takes.

Profile Picture Isley, 6/3/16, 1 Review
Category: Photography, Videography

They are very easy to deal with especially when we, as a client, live overseas. They managed to keep everything on track and up to date with what would happen and what we wanted to achieve. Doing business with them is very smooth sailing and I'm delighted to use their service. Keep up the good work.

Profile Picture Carl, 6/2/16, 1 Review