Holman Ranch Reviews

118 | Carmel Valley, CA

118 Reviews for Holman Ranch

Daniela · Married on 11/25/2017

This is the perfect venue for those who want something other than a nicely decorated hall! It is a little more difficult to plan here, so a wedding coordinator is a must! However, the uniqueness and beautiful location is worth every cent. We had the wedding of our dreams here and could not ask for more!

Katie · Married on 10/29/2017

Holman Ranch is a truly magical place to get married and the team there is Top Notch; especially Fallon and Kyle who were my trusty guides during the process. Holman Ranch is not the easiest as far as their requirements and policies, but it is well worth the extra effort and expense, and the team was lovely as far as answering my questions and guiding me through the process. Almost all of my guests said that it was the best venue that they had ever been to, and I absolutely agree. I am so happy that we were lucky enough to get married in this perfect place.

Abigail · Married on 05/12/2017

The most incredible combination of natural beauty, pristine grounds, helpful and gracious hosts made our December wedding there a fairytale. If you are looking for the absolute best venue to have your wedding, look no further. We can't wait to go back!

Gillian · Married on 10/22/2016

We did the full weekend package, and couldn't recommend it more highly. The team at Holman is wonderful - very responsive, helped with anything we needed, and were such a pleasure to work with. The ranch itself is so beautiful - so many of our guests told us it was the most beautiful wedding they've ever been to, and it's because the ranch itself is so incredible. Staying on the ranch was a treat - the rooms are lovely, breakfast was excellent, and we were taken very good care of by the staff. We had a great experience with everyone at Holman, and could not have been happier with the ranch!

Lauren · Married on 10/08/2016

Everything was super smooth and my questions and concerns were answered in an appropriate amount of time. We all have an amazing weekend.

Michaela · Married on 09/18/2016

After seeing Holman Ranch online and on Instagram for years, when I got engaged, I knew we needed to check it out as a potential venue! It was the first venue we visited and after our tour, we were completely sold. There was no reason to look elsewhere. The view is absolutely STUNNING, but we were also taken by the beautiful buildings, the fact that the entire wedding could take place at the same location (ceremony, cocktail hour, dinner and dancing reception), and the friendliness of the Holman staff. We booked Holman shortly after our first visit and my entire family is SO glad that we did!

Our wedding was mid-September, and though extremely hot (96!) the day was flawless. The staff was so helpful, kind, and new exactly what they were doing. The best part was, I didn't even know they were there, yet everything ran perfectly. From set up to tear down, my parents felt taken care of. Nick and Hunter, the owners, have been great to work with and we are so appreciative of their kindness through our wedding planning process.

Everyone kept telling us our wedding felt like a movie with the gorgeous scenery! Guests also loved the wine. One of my favorite aspects of the wedding, as mentioned above, is that the entire day was on one property, but guests still got to move around the property for the different activities. There was enough for our guests to do and see, without it being too big or overwhelming. Our wedding was on a Sunday, so we got to be on the property at 2pm. Ceremony was at 4pm. I was worried that wouldn't be enough time to get it all set up, but it was! With the help of the Holman Ranch staff and our wedding planner, everything was perfect. Since it was on a Sunday, our family was able to stay over in the guest suites, which was very convenient! I'd highly recommend Holman Ranch for your wedding. All our guests keep telling us ours was the best wedding they've ever been to!

Jennifer · Married on 09/10/2016

This was the first venue we checked out and the last. I fell in love the minute I saw Holman Ranch. The venue, staff, wine, and amenities...everything was perfect!!!

Matthew · Married on 09/03/2016

This was by far the best venue we looked at. We booked the ranch for the entire weekend so our out of town family could enjoy each other and our special day while staying onsite. The Holman staff was very accommodating to every minute detail and were always available to make sure we had everything we needed. We also enjoyed a private wine cave tour with Nick. He shared some of his knowledge of the wine making process and the history and vision of Holman Ranch. We are so glad we chose Holman for our special weekend and would definitely recommend it.

Lindsay · Married on 07/24/2016

We had our wedding here, and it was magical. All of our guests couldn't believe how incredible the venue was, and neither could we. It was perfect in every way.

I worked with Hunter Lowder to coordinate leading up to the event mostly through email. Hunter was always extremely responsive and helpful. Great people to work with.

The only thing is I wish we were able to have had our event until 11pm, but they make you shut everything off at 10pm. However, we just went to the Running Iron bar which was conveniently down the street.

Sepideh · Married on 06/26/2016

Holman Ranch is a top notch venue with A++ staff, you shouldn't be on the fence as your money will be well spent. My wedding was more than I could have ever dreamed for!

Ashley · Married on 11/07/2015

This was a beautiful space to have our Autumn themed wedding in November! We got the best of a ranch and vineyard venue for the price of one, and it was a beautiful place for our guests to come. The venue is perfect in that every part of the wedding from ceremony to reception and dancing was all contained within the property, and yet we were able to feel like you weren't stuck in one place the whole night. The space was very conducive to any kind of decor imaginable. We were so happy with the way the wedding turned out, and our friends and family are still raving about it!

• Z

Zoila · Married on 09/19/2015

There are so many words to express the professionalism, Quality of Service, Responsiveness, Value and Flexibility. There is no need to look at any other venues, don't waste your time just book Holman Ranch.

We have the 3 day 2 night wedding package. We do not have to find a place for our Rehearsal Dinner, their preferred rehearsal dinner vendor is a owner who has a wood fire pizza maker. Before I knew this, I said to myself, I would like to have pizza and see all of our wedding party in shorts and flip flops to be comfortable. It will be a nice relaxing fun rehearsal dinner to come.

Guy · Married on 08/22/2015

The setting, the view and the grounds provide an outstanding scene for a wedding. I would highly recommend that the wedding party stay at Holman Ranch - the facilities allow you to relax and enjoy not just the wedding day but before and after the wedding.

Amy · Married on 04/02/2015

Holman Ranch was the perfect place for our wedding. We knew that we wanted this venue as we were driving up the driveway, prior to actually seeing the venue. Beyond the beauty of Holman Ranch, our experience was as amazing as it was because of the helpful and friendly staff. Not only were we given the attention desired on our wedding day, but we felt we were paid attention to throughout the entire wedding planning process. The year of planning and the day we were finally married at Holman Ranch was everything we desired. It all went by way too fast and we wish we could push the rewind button to experience everything all over again.

Holman Ranch made my wedding dreams a reality. This venue is by far the prettiest I have ever been to. I found this venue on Pinterest while searching Carmel Weddings and fell in love. Making an appointment to do a walk through was very easy. Emily showed us around the venue and it was ever more beautiful in person. I loved that my whole wedding could be in one spot. We had our ceremony on the lawn, cocktail hour on the terrace, our reception in the rose patio, and dancing in the barn. Hunter is very professional and was great to work with. I love how Holman gave me a list of reffered vendors but they were open to other vendors as well. Which was a plus since most of my vendors are friends that are in the event business! Thank you Holman for all the wonderful memories!

• Jamie

Jamie · Married on 02/21/2015

The entire staff leading up to the wedding was amazing, really taking time out of the day to help us with the event planning, and providing us with details. We planned the entire wedding out of state, we were very nervous for what would end up happening on that day, and we could not have asked for a more perfect turn out! Everything was amazing, probably helped too that the venue itself was "dreamlike" itself. Would definitely recommend.

Sent on 03/01/2015

Holman Ranch's reply:

Thank you for the recommendation and the excellent review! We are so happy that you enjoyed everything from planning your big day to the beautiful venue itself. We are honored to have been a part of your special day and congratulations to you!

Hilary Heath · Married on 10/26/2014

If anyone has seen pictures of Holman Ranch then it is self explanatory why we chose Holman for our wedding site. Yes, it is that gorgeous! Also, Hunter and Nick were such a joy to work with while planning our wedding. They returned our calls or emails promptly but had an overall laid back quality about them. I never felt rushed or pressured. Our wedding was mostly DIY and we had many of our friends and family help us out instead of highering vendors. This required a lot more planning on our part and Holman Ranch was very helpful throughout the entire process. Our wedding turned out perfectly! There isn't one thing I would change.

Sent on 11/28/2014

Holman Ranch's reply:

We are so happy your special day was all that you hoped for and we are very honored to have been a part of that. We sincerely thank you for your review and wish you all the best!

Lisa · Married on 10/25/2014

I honestly don't know where to begin with this review, except for to say that Holman Ranch is a dream come true. My husband and I were fortunate to have our wedding there on 10/25/14 and I can't imagine having had it any other place. I wasn't your typical bride and didn't dream of my wedding as a young girl, but when I saw Holman Ranch for the first time, I knew it was the place I had to get married.

My husband and I live in Colorado, so we had limited time to visit the ranch. Hunter and Nick were always accommodating and would find time for us to stop by and see it. Emily and Peter were amazing to work with as well, making everything so easy, which was very helpful when planning a wedding form out of state.

Additionally, since our family and most of our wedding party was traveling for the wedding, it was SO nice to be able to stay in the guest rooms on site at the ranch. We rented out the ranch from Thursday-Sunday, and it gave our friends and family the opportunity to bond, get to know each other, relax and have fun! The grounds are simply amazing.

We had both our rehearsal dinner and wedding at the ranch. Our rehearsal dinner was held under the arbor and was beautiful. All of our guests were blown away the minute they set foot on the property.

Our wedding was so magical and a day we will never forget. Again, all of the Holman staff members are fantastic. The grounds of Holman Ranch are so beautifully kept, and the flow of the property makes for an absolutely perfect wedding. The flow of the wedding/reception was something that was extremely important to myself and my husband. We have attended other weddings in the past where guests are confused on where to go, and when, and that is not a problem at Holman.

We can't wait to return sometime soon!

Sent on 12/11/2014

Holman Ranch's reply:

Thank you for the wonderful review! We are so honored to have been a part of your special day and we sincerely thank you for the kind words. Congratualtions and best wishes to you!

Shannon · Married on 10/19/2014

What an absolutely breath-taking place to get married. Holman Ranch is a magical venue. The views, the staff, the various locations on the property were astounding. The organization and execution of the staff is to be highly commended. They worked seamlessly and were never in the way. All of my guests commented on how lovely the venue was. My wedding day was fantastic, and having it at Holman Ranch had everything to do with it.

Deborah · Married on 10/07/2014

All I can say is that my friends and family said it over and over again that Holman Ranch was the most beautiful venue they have ever been too! It was truly spectacular in everyway! From the fantastic staff, down to the ranch style rooms that were included in our 3-day event. Totally cool place that the movie stars from the past use to stay to get away! With the beautiful vineyard to admire, and a view that's incredible, a style all of it's own. We are local people here on the Monterey Peninsula and looked at many venues we are so happy we choose Holman Ranch !

Sent on 12/01/2014

Holman Ranch's reply:

We are so happy you chose to have your wedding at Holman Ranch and thank you very much for the 5 star review! We hope to see you again and hope you will visit us in the tasting room to say hello!

Brittany · Married on 10/04/2014

There is no review that can do Holman Ranch justice. It's the most gorgeous venue and owned/ran by the kindest people!

We had our rehearsal dinner + wedding at the property and received endless compliments on the location. Every part of the property is perfect and it's not possible to take a bad photo at Holman.

We are from the Bay Area and wanted a mini destination wedding where most of our guests didn't have to get on a plane -- Holman Ranch really lets you feel like you've escaped to a little bit of paradise!

It's a rustic ranch that is beyond elegant and romantic -- the ideal California venue!!

Mary · Married on 08/24/2014

Hunter and her team were fabulous. They were extremely responsive throughout the course of the year leading up to the wedding when we had any questions. Her team was also great resources when we were looking for a venue for our rehearsal dinner. Nick was fantastic during our tasting that we purchased all the wine for our wedding from Holman as well! The venue is beautiful and they do a fantastic job in maintaining the entire site.

Alex · Married on 08/03/2014

We absolutely love Holman Ranch. The wedding was more perfect than we could have ever dreamed. All of our guest raved about beautiful the location was, how good the food was, and unique and customized our wedding turned out. Thank you for everything!

Sent on 09/08/2014

Holman Ranch's reply:

We are so happy that you had a wonderful experience. We understand what a special time it is and want it to me as magical and memorable as possible. Thank you for the lovely review. Sincere congratulations to you and we wish you the best!

Leonor · Married on 07/02/2014

Holman is such a beautiful location. Easy to work with, very friendly and accommodating. I couldn't be happier with our choice. You won't regret choosing this amazing location. Every single one of our guest were amazed with the views. Very beautiful.

Sent on 07/09/2014

Holman Ranch's reply:

Thank you for the wonderful review! We are so happy that you and your guests were so pleased with the location and the beautiful views. We thank you for choosing our property for your special day and are honored to have been a part of it. Best wishes to you and congratulations.