Hollytree Country Club Reviews

32 | Tyler, TX

32 Reviews for Hollytree Country Club

Hollytree Country Club 1
Hollytree Country Club 2

Randi, our event planner, was heaven sent! She worked with our budget and helped us stretch every dollar. She has a wealth of knowledge in this field and helped us make our wedding day perfect!! I don't know what we would have done without her. The food and service were both top notch, and Hollytree was the picture perfect backdrop for our pictures! Cannot say enough wonderful things about Hollytree and all of the amazing staff there!

Sent on 07/31/2013

Hollytree was the perfect space for our wedding reception. Randi, the main event coordinator, is incredibly helpful, and has a great working relationship with the florist and baker I used (as well as most of the other vendors in town). Their dinner organizer is extremely on point. Food was excellent. We took most of our wedding party pictures on the grounds, and they turned out beautifully. The staff were very accommodating on everything. Definitely recommend!! Fantastic value and fantastic service.

Sent on 06/30/2016

The event cooridinator at HollyTree Country Club, Randi MaHomes, was great to work with. We live 2 hrs away from Tyler and was not familiar with anything in the City. The wedding was held in Tyler because it was the mid-way point from the grooms family/friends that were from Louisiana, and the brides family/friends from Dallas.Randi put all my fears at ease and when I constantly had the panic attacks as the mother of the bride would have on occassions, especially working/planning a wedding in a town you know nothing about, she was just a joy and calmed those fears and attacks. She also provided me a list of vendors I could utiilize, who could also contribute into making the planning of this wedding stress free. We used almost all the vendors she supplied to us. My Wedding Cooridinator agreed it was great working with Randi.

Sent on 08/13/2013

Casey · Married on 07/12/2013

Beautiful event. Service was exceptional!!

Sent on 07/25/2013

I was disappointed that my food was not hot even though my husband and I were the first through the buffet. I was just not real pleased with the overall taste of the food. I have been to several events at Hollytree and always thought the food was wonderful. I was very disappointed in the food at my reception, especially for the amount of money that we paid for it. The vegetables had a very odd taste and I could not even eat them. The salad was good, and the chicken was just ok. The twice baked potatoes were not good. They looked like they had been reheated a dozen times and there was hardly any filling in them. I am not a picky eater. I just feel like the Hollytree quality was not there that night and I was very disappointed and embarrassed and a little upset that we paid so much money for a very mediocre meal. Randi was fabulous and professional in helping us with all details. The bartenders were excellent and fun and the servers were great also. The venue is nice and my guests had a wonderful time. We did too, just very disappointed in the food.

Sent on 07/31/2013

Dian · Married on 03/09/2013

Very nice place for any event. The staff was wonderful to work with.

Sent on 07/24/2013

3.6
      2.0
      3.5
      3.5

Aside from the poor service, everything was beautifully executed! Here are the lowlights of the reception service: 5 minutes after the bride and groom cut the cake there was still a line of people waiting, but no one was serving cake. I could not find any wait staff. I got the girl at the reception desk to go into the kitchen and find someone to serve the cake.

Later, my son found me and told me there were people in the buffet line, but there were no plates. Again, had to find someone to go get plates.

The day following the reception, my mother--who is a member of this country club--remarked that she thought the service was lacking at our reception. She said she could not find anyone to bring her coffee and that people were looking for places to sit, but the dirty dishes from previous guests hadn't been cleared.

Bottom line: INATTENTIVE STAFF ruined an otherwise perfect reception.

Sent on 08/27/2013