HollyHedge Estate Reviews

HollyHedge Estate 3
HollyHedge Estate 4
HollyHedge Estate 5

Janice · Married on 05/26/2012

Wonderful setting for my daughter's reception. Food was delicious and service was five star! They never got sick of me micromanaging everything. I can only hope that the weddings of my other three children are has special.

Sent on 06/28/2012

HollyHedge really is the most perfect place for a wedding in the Philadelphia area. Not only is the atmosphere stunning, the estate provides a private retreat for your entire party to enjoy your special day. The food is amazing, the staff is accomodating and attentive. From start to finish, our experience with HollyHedge Estate was seemless, professional, warm and welcoming! I highly reccomend their services and can't wait to go to my next event there!

Sent on 09/13/2012
  • I

Irina · Married on 05/18/2012

The beauty of the estate will speak for itself, but it's the expertise and caring of the staff that made our wedding an unforgettable experience. Wendy and Liz ask all the right questions and make sure to get you the answers. Sarah is an a league all her own. She took care of quite literally everything on the day of the event. There wasn't a single detail that was left out or left to chance. I highly recommend this venue, just be sure to book it early, as it's becoming very well known.

Sent on 07/05/2012

Christa · Married on 05/11/2012

Everything about HollyHedge was 100% amazing - the food, the staff, the accommodations and the location. We could not have been happier. A true hidden gem in the heart of Bucks County!

Sent on 06/26/2012

Theresa · Married on 04/29/2012

Our wedding day was perfect! Holly Hedge is beautiful!
    Everybody had a great time !

Sent on 06/25/2012

We had an absolutely beautiful wedding at HollyHedge! We were told by multiple people that it was the best wedding they'd ever been to. The food was delicious, the setting - gorgeous. It ended up raining on the big day, and we had the ceremony inside the old barn. It turned out wonderfully romantic and intimate. The staff was fantastic when it came to dealing with the rain - they were always there for me, the bride, but also all the guests, with umbrellas whenever necessary. I'd highly recommend them!

Sent on 07/15/2012

Happily · Married on 04/21/2012

Everyone that works there is wonderful they made us feel right at home. For weeks after people were saying how beautiful the place was how great the food was and much fun they had! If you are thinking about Holly Hedge I would go there and check it out you will not be disappointed.

Sent on 05/25/2012

Jennifer · Married on 04/13/2012

Holly hedge exceeded all of my expectation!!! I DIY'ed a lot of my wedding decor and was very worried about how everything would be set up. They did an amazing job putting everything where I wanted and they were very creative with some of my extra decorations. The reception hall looked exactly how I wanted it to! All of the staff was so very helpful and I truly felt special on my wedding day! The food is so amazing there. It has been a month since my wedding and I still hear people raving about the food. They are so flexible with everything and they really know how to work with your budget. As soon as I drove down the driveway I knew that this was the place for me. I am truly happy that I chose this location for my wedding.

Sent on 05/08/2012

Bonny · Married on 03/30/2012

Holly Hedge was elegant, romantic, and not stuffy ! The staff was AMAZING ! My guests were so happy with the food and accommodations. We had our VERY romantic ceremony in the New Barn. It was so much better than I even expected, and my husband and I felt like we were in a heavenly dream that day. Surrounded by great people who love us, fabulous surroundings, great bar and food service...and oh, the beautiful cake !
    I highly recommend Holly Hedge and have absolutely zero regrets or complaints!

Sent on 05/03/2012

Kimberly · Married on 03/24/2012

Holly hedge was the best place possible for our wedding! Everything was perfect and the staff was nothing but on point. Nothing went wrong. They were so organized. Plus the place is gorgeous!!

Sent on 04/12/2012

Alaina · Married on 03/11/2012

Holly Hedge is a dream! What a perfect location for a wedding reception! I loved every minute of my wedding weekend. We spent several days at the estate with family and friends and ended the weekend with the most amazing wedding one could ask for. The entire staff is awesome! They work with you and really want to make you happy!

Sent on 05/01/2012

Jo · Married on 02/25/2012

Great to plan your wedding with. Most importantly, the day of the event, the staff was FANTASTIC. They make the entire day go seamlessly :)

Sent on 06/25/2012

Scarlett · Married on 12/30/2011

My fiance and I first visited Holly Hedge in the fall of 2010 at the very beginning of our planning adventure. We instantly clicked with the bucolic Bucks County setting and the rustic elegance of the old stone bank barn, mixed with the modern conveniences of the reception barn. There was even a stunning courtyard in case of good weather and more than enough space for up to 200 guests and a 30 x 30 dance floor (which is huge.) The opportunities for photographs were seemingly endless, too, so that sealed the deal for us. Granted, Holly Hedge is not a budget venue by any means (one-of-a-kind does have its price) but after visiting in person, we didn’t even want to look at other venues.

At the time of our first meeting with Wendy, one of the on-site coordinators, we were considering an October 2011 date but that quickly changed when we realized this place books up about 16 months in advance! So...we left without a contract this time and took for a few months to revist our options. Plan ahead prospective brides - WAY ahead because Holly Hedge is no longer a secret!

When we finally got into the nitty-gritty of wedding planning, our next choice of date was New Year’s Eve 2011. We called Wendy and set up a meeting with my parents. That gave us just over a year to plan the wedding we wanted -- with one very minor snafu: turns out the owner had already promised the date to a friend but that had not yet been reflected in the master schedule. Whoops. With hearts temporarily sinking, we scrambled for a new date and landed on Friday, December 30. OK, so it wasn’t a NYE wedding but it turned out to be a blessing in disguise as our anniversary will always be our own special day and not shared with a holiday. But enough about the less-than-ideal start! Things soon turned around once we accepted the changes and rolled with it. (See? Brides can be flexible, really.) We booked our ceremony and reception onsite.

Our relationship with all three of the staff coordinators, Wendy, Liz and Sara, quickly blossomed as everyone on staff realized that we were not planning a “typical” wedding. We had a very specific vision, partially inspired by my gown and the space. We wanted a winter Art Deco wedding with some romantic accents that would be emphasized by the rural setting and everything was to be period appropriate to the 1930s (I do mean everything, right down to the special orders for obscure liquors and coup champagne glasses.) Wendy and Liz got a TON of emails from me over the past year but they were so responsive and good about asking questions when they didn’t quite grasp what I was after that I never had a doubt that things would work out. They were always professional and courteous in our correspondence and lots of fun, too!

Overall, Holly Hedge provides exemplary service, award-winning cuisine that is as lovely as it is delicious (it was commented that this was the “best wedding meal ever”) and a one-of-a-kind venue in which to celebrate with loved ones. They are not always accustomed to creative and innovative ideas that challenge their well-oiled way of doing things but to be fair, they are willing to work with you. I’ve seen a lot of brides doc them points for flexibility and I have to agree that I got a similar vibe of resistance initially but I’m not docking any stars because ours was a very special situation. In the end, Joe, Wendy, and Sara bent over backwards to deliver absolutely everything we wanted with style and grace. This particular story has a very happy ending and we are so grateful.

Sara was a delightful day-of coordinator (she also ran our rehearsal) and so easy to approach with questions. I felt safe in her hands as she dealt with late arrivals and last-minute gawkers only seconds before I was walking down the aisle. I didn’t stress over anything and she continually checked in with us throughout the night to make sure we were OK. She was gracious and calm and generally pleasant to be around so I put all of my faith in her abilities and allowed myself to relax and enjoy my own wedding. I cannot thank her and the entire waitstaff enough for their professionalism.

My final word to prospective Holly Hedge brides is this: book your wedding here if you want sophisticated charm and country elegance at a venue with a reputation for excellence. You will not be disappointed.

Sent on 01/27/2012

Sara · Married on 12/09/2011

HollyHedge Estate was the perfect place for our wedding. We were looking for a unique place that was rustic and charming. We found all that and more at HollyHedge Estate. Wendy, Liz, and JC were wonderful to work with. From the moment we stepped onto the estate, the staff was professional and alert to all our needs. They were more than willing to accommodate my gluten-free dietary restrictions. The whole event went off without a hitch, but my favorite part was the ceremony. The old barn was the most intimate and unique setting ever. The atmosphere was INCREDIBLE and since it was a winter wedding, the fireplace was lit, candles were everywhere, and luminaries lined the walkways. It was absolutely stunning. HollyHedge helped us to do a candle lighting at the ceremony and it was the most beautiful event I’ve ever been a part of. I will never forget how incredible it was there and my guests could not stop commenting on how intimate and lovely it was. It is also the best place to take photos since the estate is so picturesque. The reception was wonderful as well and the food was DELICIOUS. Everyone thoroughly enjoyed the meal and the cake was a huge hit. My guests were so pleased with the professionalism and kindness of the staff and we enjoyed every detail that Wendy and Liz helped us plan and execute. They worried about all the details we didn’t want to! It was so fun to continue the party in the old barn again after the reception and so many of my guests spent the night. It was like our own little fairytale and nobody wanted to go home! JC made it so easy to accommodate my guests overnight. Breakfast the next morning was wonderful and we were all sorry that we had to leave. HollyHedge Estate is one of the most unique and intimate settings for a wedding. We felt personally invested in and it was the most amazing event of our lives. I cannot recommend this venue enough. For those brides who want a stunning and unique day unlike any other, then HollyHedge Estate is the place for you!

Sent on 02/20/2012

Aimee · Married on 11/26/2011

Hollyhedge was wonderful and I am so happy we decided to have our wedding there. My family keeps raving about how it was the best wedding they have ever been to! Hollyhedge makes it so easy, yet they allow you to make the wedding your own. Wendy is amazing so work with her if you get the chance.

Sent on 12/28/2011

Lauren · Married on 11/11/2011

My husband and I were recently married at the Hollyhedge Estate. We cannot say enough good things about our wedding, and neither can our guests. The estate itself is beautiful and romantic. The food at our wedding was amazing, and people raved about it. What really makes this place outstanding is the staff. Liz and Wendy handled every detail for us, which really helped to make the wedding planning process as stress free as possible. They were so cooperative and flexible, and were truly a pleasure to work with. In addition, JC the inn keeper was wonderful with all of our guests. Sara, our attendant the night of the wedding ensured that we enjoyed our wedding while still giving us time to thank our guests. We are so thrilled with the way our wedding went, and are frankly sad that it is all over. We plan on staying at the estate for our one year anniversary! Thank you everyone at the Hollyhedge Estate for making our wedding so special and memorable!

Sent on 11/16/2011

chris · Married on 11/05/2011

The grounds were beautiful, the service was amazing, and even though you didn't see anyone working the event, everything was taken care of before you could even think to ask it.

Sent on 12/04/2011

Chelsea · Married on 09/30/2011

Our wedding at HollyHedge turned out to be as perfect as we had envisioned it when we first visited this gorgeous venue. So many guests told us it was the most beautiful wedding venue they'd ever been to. People were raving about the food - especially the selection of hors d'oeuvres at the cocktail hour and our delicious coconut wedding cake. The entire staff - particularly Wendy, Liz, Sarah and JC - were so professional and extremely attentive and helpful throughout the entire process. The staff went out of their way to make the day truly special and stress free for us. It was our dream setting for our wedding and we were not disappointed.

Sent on 11/16/2011
  • ~

Corinne · Married on 09/16/2011

Holly Hedge Estate was truly amazing to work with from beginning to end. Wendy, our coordinator, was absolutely fabulous. They made our dreams a reality and everything turned out even better then we could ever have imagined. All our our guests were simply stunned and blown away by how gorgeous the venue was and how amazing the food tasted. And has been quoted by all of our guests that our wedding has by far been the best wedding they have ever been to. There is nothing I would change about our day and I would HIGHLY recommend Holly Hedge Estate to anyone. They are professional, sweet and very easy to work with.

Thank you so much to all of the staff at Holly Hedge Estate - you have made us feel welcome and at home from the very first moment we arrived at your venue and can not thank you enough for the wonderful service you have provided to us.

Sent on 09/26/2011
  • Suzanne

Suzanne · Married on 07/04/2011

Our wedding at HollyHedge Estate was truly magical. The location is beautiful and the entire staff was amazing! Wendy, liz, and Sara (who helped plan/ shape/ and execute the wedding) are the best! The innkeeper was wonderful as well. Our honeymoon suite was first class and one of a kind! The entire property was full of old-school charm and whimsey. We received many compliments about the venue, staff, and food. Oh, the food! Our appetizers set the bar high with unique choices complimented by accessible favorites (such as ahi tuna on an udon spoon, asparagus puff pastries, gourmet sliders, and taste of grilled cheese with a side of gazpacho) but the entrees rose to the challenge producing delicate fish and filet so tender it could be cut with a fork. So to recap... great venue, excellent staff, easy to work with, and amazing food...enough said.

Sent on 08/10/2011

Lauren · Married on 06/25/2011

If you want a wedding you will never forget, I highly recommend HollyHedge Estate. The venue was beautiful and I received so many compliments on the food. Wendy and Liz made planning the wedding so easy! Not once did I have to worry that our wedding would not be perfect! Thank you!

PS: Plus our cake was amazing. So beautiful and delicious!

Sent on 07/07/2011

Lydia · Married on 06/11/2011

My Husband and I fell in love with this place the first night that we visited. We loved how the space allowed you indoor and outdoor options that were beautiful.

Four things really stood out in my mind about this place. The first was the lovely ceremony space. Because Liz, (the wedding cooridinator) checked the weather frequently, we were able to hold our wedding outside with some sense that we weren't going to get stormed out. During the cocktail hour we went on the balcony with the best man and maid of honor for our speeches, and the view was truly breathaking.

Liz was wonderful - the staff was wonderful. We had our own server who made sure our glasses were never empty and thought to do things that we would never have considered which made the day go so much smoother.

The servers and bartenders got in on the action in the best possible way - adding to the party atmosphere.

And finally, the food was excellent. I couldn't have asked for a better wedding.

Sent on 07/07/2011
  • Jamie Lynn

Jamie Lynn · Married on 05/27/2011

I loved HollyHedge Estates! My wedding was perfect! The staff was beyond accommodating and went out of their way to ensure all of my needs and my guests needs were met. The food was amazing. My guests called me weeks following the wedding to tell me how good the food was. I loved my wedding and could not have picked a better place!

Sent on 06/20/2011

Lynn · Married on 05/22/2011

My daughter's wedding was on an overcast day so her dream of an outdoor ceremony was in question. Wendy Hendricks, an event planner at Holly Hedge, monitored Doppler radar, and was willing to switch the set up outside at the last moment to please us! The estate is so breathtakingly beautiful with the sweetest stone buildings, gorgeous brick terrace and the wedding was even more perfect than we ever imagined. Our guests raved over the filet mignon, and the grilled salmon entrees. The wedding coordinator, Sarah, kept things moving along, but still was willing to go above and beyond, helping guests and the bride all night, and was so gracious no matter what. Our closest family stayed with us that night and everyone loved their comfortable rooms. We really felt as if it was our own home, and we made ourselves comfortable with tea and snacks after the other guests had gone home. The next morning, early risers were greeted by cheerful J C, the innkeeper, and the most delicious coffee, strolling around the pond. When breakfast was served, no one could decide which was yummier, the Very Berry Pancakes or one of the fabulous omelets. No one went hungry, that's for sure, and we loved the friendly homey atmosphere where we get our dishes from the china cabinet and help ourselves to juice, croissants, homemade coffee cake or fruit. We just could not say enough about the lovely wedding that came true thanks to Holly Hedge Estate. It was truly a lovely day and exactly what we wanted!

Sent on 05/25/2011

Margaret · Married on 04/29/2011

We had a wedding there on 4/29/11 and everything about the place and staff was fabulous! Georgeous grounds, lovely buildings, good food, helpful staff, etc. etc. High recommend it to anyone looking for a romantic and comfortable setting.

Sent on 05/03/2011