Holiday Inn Reviews

75 Reviews for Holiday Inn

• Darlene

Darlene Majorczak Somers · Getting married on 02/06/2022

Responsive and Helpful

The Coordinator at the Holiday Inn, Ms. Montee was phenomenal. During the planning of my daughter's wedding, CoVid came along and things came to a halt. As South Carolina started opening up, I contacted Ms. Montee and she assured my daughter and I all would be fine. And, it was. The food was wonderful, the reception staff was great and all was well. The ceremony on the outside deck in the morning was just as we all imagine; breathtaking. I would recommend the Holiday Inn for anyone's wedding, big or small.

Sent on 08/02/2020
  • Heather

Heather Ross · Getting married on 12/07/2021

Amazing vendor, event planner, and beautifully renovated!

We were married at Holiday Inn oceanfront on July 24th, 2020. Lesley was spot on fantastic when my now husband and I contacted her to help us plan our wedding in less than 2 weeks (during a pandemic)! She was extremely professional, quick to reply to any questions we had, and planned our day to perfection! The newly renovated Oasis room was beautiful and perfect for our small intimate reception. The staff was professional and our bartender was amazing (our guest raved about his excellent attentiveness and service!). We couldn't be happier about choosing this location for our special day.
    Happily Married,
    Jimmie and Heather Ross

Sent on 08/12/2020

Holiday Inn's reply:

Thanks so much for choosing to have your wedding here with us. Lesley is a great manager to work with, we like to think of her as a Wedding Extraordinaire! We are so happy that you had a wonderful wedding and we hope that you will visit us for your 1st Anniversary next year.

Happy Moments,
    Wendy Foster
    Director of Sales

John Francis Hall · Married on 10/11/2020

What a great choice!!

My wife and I chose our venue to be at this holiday inn and with our coordinators help planned out the perfect ceremony. And that's it was thanks to Lesley and her staff.

Sent on 10/14/2020

Colleen Bowering · Married on 08/08/2020

Amazing Wedding and reception!

Lesley Montee was an amazing wedding planner! Everything worked out perfect.

Sent on 08/11/2020

Shanna · Married on 05/16/2020

Phenomenal

Holiday Inn was wonderful and made it easy for my family and guests who attended the ceremony and reception. Lesley Montee was a coordinator to deal and very responsive to emails and calls.

Sent on 09/29/2020

marie · Married on 06/29/2019

Wedding Reception

Our reception was so beautiful. Everyone was so helpful and nice. The food was amazing

Sent on 11/15/2019

Nicole · Married on 05/18/2019

It was simply the best day of our lives!!!

Our wedding went perfect venue was beautiful and the staff was great. Best day of our life. My husband and I absolutely enjoyed every bit of it from our beach Ceremony To cocktail hour at the poolside to the reception inside. Also there was a beautiful view of the ocean during the reception it was absolutely perfect!! The rooms are super clean and newly redone. Highly recommend for weddings so easy with planning. They do it all!!

Sent on 05/04/2019
  • Allison

Allison Watts · Married on 04/28/2019

The best staff ever!

Lesley, Erica, and the whole staff at Holiday Inn Oceanfront Surfside are so wonderful! They are the nicest and sweetest people ever. They made our special day and our whole stay the best! We can't thank them enough.

Sent on 05/30/2019

Ana Bennett · Married on 04/27/2019

Excellent Service

This venue first caught my attention because the price was far better than other venues near Myrtle Beach. Lesley the event manager was superb, we were making plans from a country away and she made it a breeze with constant communication. The food was great, the staff the night of were the sweetest and ensured we were taken well care of. This venue met my expectations and then some.

Sent on 05/03/2019

Jennifer Catlett · Married on 10/27/2018

The Perfect Wedding Reception

My entire experience with the Holiday Inn was perfect!! I had a smaller reception and they worked with my and were very flexible with giving me exactly what I wanted!! Leslie was GREAT and made planning my wedding reception extremely easy and fun! I would definitely recommend them to any bride looking to have the perfect reception on the beach!

Sent on 10/31/2018

Haley · Married on 10/13/2018

Great experience!

Holiday Inn was perfect! They were so helpful and answered any and every question that I had.

Sent on 10/31/2018

Donna · Married on 08/18/2018

Pure Perfection!!!
    My day was AMAZING!! Lesley was AMAZING!! She made me feel as if I were the only bride she was preparing for! The staff was great and the space was perfect!! I am so happy I made the choice to have my special day at this location. My family and friends truly enjoyed the entire weekend. I can't thank you enough Lesley!!!! :-)

Sent on 08/31/2018

Taylor · Married on 06/19/2018

Lesley was perfect. Her and her staff were quick and readily available to not only myself but my family that either had questions or needed something. And let's talk about the food. I haven't had better catered food in my life!!! My husband and I received nothing but great remarks. Especially about the mac n cheese and the broccoli cheese. Thank you so much for everything!!

Sent on 06/24/2018

Ashley · Married on 05/11/2018

We could not be happier with having our reception at Holiday Inn. To be honest we never intended on getting married on the beach. It was really because of wedding wire and reaching out to different vendors that we chose HI. Lesley was super responsive and helped us so much! I cannot thank Lesley and the staff at HI enough for making our day even more special! I highly recommend using HI for your reception venue.

Sent on 05/15/2018

Jill · Married on 03/24/2018

My daughter's wedding was held at surfside holiday inn . We were very pleased with the service . Everyone was so helpful with everything . I was so happy with how much help they gave us with decorating and undecorating and storing everything for us till the next morning. It really could not have been any easier or went any better . The staff is amazing and great to work with. Would recommend for anyone wanting the beach wedding experience for the price. Thanks for a great venue

Sent on 04/05/2018

Megan · Married on 03/23/2018

It was an amazing weekend with great service! Thank you!!!

Sent on 04/17/2018

ADRIANNA · Married on 10/07/2017

I was very impressed with the service we received for my daughters wedding. Everyone was so wonderful and warm. I especially want to give a special shout out to Tama in the Tiki Bar. She made our stay so much more fun!! Also Lesley who was so patient with me in planning the wedding, I am so thankful for you. One other person that made us feel so welcome was Terry at the front desk. He was a breath of fresh air. All the housekeepers were so sweet and even commented on how beautiful the wedding was and complimented my daughter on her dress. Thanks so much to all of you . We plan to return next December!

Sent on 10/13/2017

Shawna · Married on 08/19/2017

Holiday Inn Oceanfront was great! We absolutely loved it! Everyone was so helpful and nice. We had our ceremony on the pool deck and reception in the shoreline restaurant and the decorating team did a great job it looked beautiful!

Sent on 09/02/2017
  • Ricangirl12

Denise · Married on 11/12/2016

Lesley, Lauren and the other staff did awesome job putting our wedding together. The food was great. I send them pictures how I wanted the display and they put a smile on my face. They are easy to work with. They were like friends to me. I enjoyed having phone conversations and email with them. They were easily to work with.

Sent on 11/17/2016

Charlotta · Married on 04/09/2016

Words cannot express my thanks and appreciation for this vendor. They helped me to make my special day a success. Thank you Lesley, Lauren and the lovely staff at the Holiday Inn!!!!! I will forever recommend your facility to everyone!!!

Sent on 06/14/2016

DENISE · Married on 11/14/2015

FIVE STARS
    The Holiday Inn Ocean front in Surfside provided the best service for a wedding reception. My guest, from out of town, had a beautiful hotel room to stay , on site, not to mention a place to get ready. Leaslie, the event coordinater, was helpful in every way. The packet of venders, DJ, cake decoraters, ect., was helpful in completing my reception. I had lights put up above the dance floor, Leslie took care of that. She went above and beyond introducing me to the staff that I'd be dealing with and even stopping by on a Saturday night to bid Congratulations. The Assistant GM ,Mike was helpful and curtious at the front desk.

Sent on 11/19/2015

Laura · Married on 09/26/2015

EASY. Lesley is incredibly helpful, does a lot of weddings and events and knows exactly what she needs to know to get your wishes done. There was no nickel-and-diming, we used their centerpieces, their tiki torches for the aisle, there was no cake-cutting fee or cost for using their cutting utensils - no drama day of, everything went really well. We dropped off the decorations a day ahead of time and everything was just out and done when we got there. I received so many estimate updates there was no question about costs. Easy easy easy, recommended for those looking for low-effort.

Sent on 10/09/2015

Nate · Married on 09/12/2015

Everything was wonderful and dealing with Lesley and Lauren was the best part they helped and gave us great advice, they know what they're doing! So thanks

Sent on 09/27/2015

everything was beautiful for last minute preparations since the storm came through. The only thing I was unhappy with was the amount of food leftover that I could not take with me.

Sent on 09/09/2015

candy · Married on 08/30/2015

although the ceremony was supposed to take place on the beach outside of the hotel, you guys did an exceptional job, with the help of Beach Occasions, of truly transforming the reception room to accommodate both the ceremony and reception.. Everything was beautiful!! I loved how thee staff arranged everything that I had sent, including the candy buffet!!!!

Sent on 09/16/2015