Holiday Inn Oceanfront Reviews

• WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2013 Winner

• Sara
    Sara C. Married on 05/07/2022

Amazing experience!

All I can say is WOW! I am so glad that we decided to have our wedding here. Lesley was so incredibly helpful from the beginning of the wedding planning process. She was always there to answer all of my questions (and I had a lot!) and she was always so friendly! I can’t even begin to explain how amazing this venue was for our wedding. We had a beach ceremony and had our reception in the Saltaire Room! It was absolutely breathtaking. Lesley and her staff decided the entire room for us and it was perfect!! It was beautiful and I couldn’t have done it better myself. Also, all of the staff was SO nice!! They were making sure we were taken care of the entire time we were there, not just our wedding day.

Holiday Inn Oceanfront's reply:

Thanks Sara C. for allowing us to be a part of your special day. Lesley is greatest Wedding Gurus and we are so happy she works here. We hope you will consider spending your 1st Anniversary here with us next year!
  • Heather
    Heather R. Married on 12/07/2021

Amazing vendor, event planner, and beautifully renovated!

We were married at Holiday Inn oceanfront on July 24th, 2020. Lesley was spot on fantastic when my now husband and I contacted her to help us plan our wedding in less than 2 weeks (during a pandemic)! She was extremely professional, quick to reply to any questions we had, and planned our day to perfection! The newly renovated Oasis room was beautiful and perfect for our small intimate reception. The staff was professional and our bartender was amazing (our guest raved about his excellent attentiveness and service!). We couldn't be happier about choosing this location for our special day.
    Happily Married,
    Jimmie and Heather Ross

Holiday Inn Oceanfront's reply:

Thanks so much for choosing to have your wedding here with us. Lesley is a great manager to work with, we like to think of her as a Wedding Extraordinaire! We are so happy that you had a wonderful wedding and we hope that you will visit us for your 1st Anniversary next year.

Happy Moments,
    Wendy Foster
    Director of Sales
    Cy Married on 04/17/2021

Outstanding Hotel and Employees

Everything about the wedding was outstanding. From the bottom of my heart I thank you, Lesley, also Miriam, James, and the entire staff from check-in to servers to housekeeping. What a wonderful, exemplary staff the Holiday Inn, Surfside employs.
  • Maureen
    Maureen O. Married on 04/17/2021

Dream Wedding

Our friends and family , all from up north, loved the convenience of having all the wedding events in one location. The staff was so attentive to all our needs at the rehearsal dinner, ceremony and reception. They made us feel like Caitlin and Brendan's wedding was the most important event of the year. It was beautiful and everything the bride and groom had dreamed of for their beach wedding.
    John F. Married on 10/11/2020

What a great choice!!

My wife and I chose our venue to be at this holiday inn and with our coordinators help planned out the perfect ceremony. And that's it was thanks to Lesley and her staff.
    Colleen B. Married on 08/08/2020

Amazing Wedding and reception!

Lesley Montee was an amazing wedding planner! Everything worked out perfect.
  • Darlene
    Darlene M. Married on 06/26/2020

Responsive and Helpful

The Coordinator at the Holiday Inn, Ms. Montee was phenomenal. During the planning of my daughter's wedding, CoVid came along and things came to a halt. As South Carolina started opening up, I contacted Ms. Montee and she assured my daughter and I all would be fine. And, it was. The food was wonderful, the reception staff was great and all was well. The ceremony on the outside deck in the morning was just as we all imagine; breathtaking. I would recommend the Holiday Inn for anyone's wedding, big or small.
    Shanna Married on 05/16/2020

Phenomenal

Holiday Inn was wonderful and made it easy for my family and guests who attended the ceremony and reception. Lesley Montee was a coordinator to deal and very responsive to emails and calls.
    Marie Married on 06/29/2019

Wedding Reception

Our reception was so beautiful. Everyone was so helpful and nice. The food was amazing
    Nicole Married on 05/18/2019

It was simply the best day of our lives!!!

Our wedding went perfect venue was beautiful and the staff was great. Best day of our life. My husband and I absolutely enjoyed every bit of it from our beach Ceremony To cocktail hour at the poolside to the reception inside. Also there was a beautiful view of the ocean during the reception it was absolutely perfect!! The rooms are super clean and newly redone. Highly recommend for weddings so easy with planning. They do it all!!
  • Allison
    Allison W. Married on 04/28/2019

The best staff ever!

Lesley, Erica, and the whole staff at Holiday Inn Oceanfront Surfside are so wonderful! They are the nicest and sweetest people ever. They made our special day and our whole stay the best! We can't thank them enough.
    Ana B. Married on 04/27/2019

Excellent Service

This venue first caught my attention because the price was far better than other venues near Myrtle Beach. Lesley the event manager was superb, we were making plans from a country away and she made it a breeze with constant communication. The food was great, the staff the night of were the sweetest and ensured we were taken well care of. This venue met my expectations and then some.
    Jennifer C. Married on 10/27/2018

The Perfect Wedding Reception

My entire experience with the Holiday Inn was perfect!! I had a smaller reception and they worked with my and were very flexible with giving me exactly what I wanted!! Leslie was GREAT and made planning my wedding reception extremely easy and fun! I would definitely recommend them to any bride looking to have the perfect reception on the beach!
    Haley Married on 10/13/2018

Great experience!

Holiday Inn was perfect! They were so helpful and answered any and every question that I had.
    Donna Married on 08/18/2018
    Pure Perfection!!!
    My day was AMAZING!! Lesley was AMAZING!! She made me feel as if I were the only bride she was preparing for! The staff was great and the space was perfect!! I am so happy I made the choice to have my special day at this location. My family and friends truly enjoyed the entire weekend. I can't thank you enough Lesley!!!! :-)
    Taylor Married on 06/19/2018
    Lesley was perfect. Her and her staff were quick and readily available to not only myself but my family that either had questions or needed something. And let's talk about the food. I haven't had better catered food in my life!!! My husband and I received nothing but great remarks. Especially about the mac n cheese and the broccoli cheese. Thank you so much for everything!!
    Ashley Married on 05/11/2018
    We could not be happier with having our reception at Holiday Inn. To be honest we never intended on getting married on the beach. It was really because of wedding wire and reaching out to different vendors that we chose HI. Lesley was super responsive and helped us so much! I cannot thank Lesley and the staff at HI enough for making our day even more special! I highly recommend using HI for your reception venue.
    Jill Married on 03/24/2018
    My daughter's wedding was held at surfside holiday inn . We were very pleased with the service . Everyone was so helpful with everything . I was so happy with how much help they gave us with decorating and undecorating and storing everything for us till the next morning. It really could not have been any easier or went any better . The staff is amazing and great to work with. Would recommend for anyone wanting the beach wedding experience for the price. Thanks for a great venue
    Megan Married on 03/23/2018
    It was an amazing weekend with great service! Thank you!!!
    Adrianna Married on 10/07/2017
    I was very impressed with the service we received for my daughters wedding. Everyone was so wonderful and warm. I especially want to give a special shout out to Tama in the Tiki Bar. She made our stay so much more fun!! Also Lesley who was so patient with me in planning the wedding, I am so thankful for you. One other person that made us feel so welcome was Terry at the front desk. He was a breath of fresh air. All the housekeepers were so sweet and even commented on how beautiful the wedding was and complimented my daughter on her dress. Thanks so much to all of you . We plan to return next December!
    Shawna Married on 08/19/2017
    Holiday Inn Oceanfront was great! We absolutely loved it! Everyone was so helpful and nice. We had our ceremony on the pool deck and reception in the shoreline restaurant and the decorating team did a great job it looked beautiful!
  • Ricangirl12
    Denise Married on 11/12/2016
    Lesley, Lauren and the other staff did awesome job putting our wedding together. The food was great. I send them pictures how I wanted the display and they put a smile on my face. They are easy to work with. They were like friends to me. I enjoyed having phone conversations and email with them. They were easily to work with.
    Charlotta Married on 04/09/2016
    Words cannot express my thanks and appreciation for this vendor. They helped me to make my special day a success. Thank you Lesley, Lauren and the lovely staff at the Holiday Inn!!!!! I will forever recommend your facility to everyone!!!
    Denise Married on 11/14/2015
    FIVE STARS
    The Holiday Inn Ocean front in Surfside provided the best service for a wedding reception. My guest, from out of town, had a beautiful hotel room to stay , on site, not to mention a place to get ready. Leaslie, the event coordinater, was helpful in every way. The packet of venders, DJ, cake decoraters, ect., was helpful in completing my reception. I had lights put up above the dance floor, Leslie took care of that. She went above and beyond introducing me to the staff that I'd be dealing with and even stopping by on a Saturday night to bid Congratulations. The Assistant GM ,Mike was helpful and curtious at the front desk.