Hoffman House Reviews

26 | Rockford, IL

26 Reviews for Hoffman House

Amanda · Married on 07/22/2017

Absolutely wonderful!! I always told my mom that if I ever got married, I’d want to have my wedding at the Hoffman House!! That was before I met my now husband!! This place was amazing and worked with me on everything!! Definitely worth the money we paid!

Sent on 01/23/2018

Chyna was outstanding! Handled my wedding beautifully and the food was outstanding!

Sent on 05/05/2015

The chef at Hoffman house was amazing to work with! He put together an awesome taste testing to help us narrow down our menu. We got so many compliments on the food from our guests. They said that it was the best food that they ever had at a wedding reception! The wait staff at the reception couldn't have been nicer or more accommodating to our needs! They definitely get a two thumbs up!

Sent on 07/14/2014

Megan · Married on 06/28/2014

The food and service were impeccable. Many guest commented it is the best food the ever had at a wedding. Samantha was fantastic to work with and was present for the entire evening. I would highly recommend Hoffman House.

Sent on 07/09/2014

Stacy · Married on 06/21/2014

We had our wedding at a separate venue, but catered thru the Hoffman House. We had a small hiccup when the event planner we were working with quit and we weren't notified. As soon as we went into speak with someone, Mike was there to pick up right were the other had left off. He was amazing! Mike listened to all of our concerns and helped guide us with all decisions on the catering. We felt so at ease working with Mike. A week before our wedding, we had an issue with a pool table not being moved, we wanted our Buffett where the pool table was located. I was very nervous and called Mike to ask what we could do. He took the initiative to work with us to get the dimensions and speak with the kitchen to see what they could do. Needless to say everything worked out great! The food was incredible and Patty with catering was so wonderful! She came out to check on everything numerous times and even helped set up our gift table, that had been forgotten about. These people know what they are doing. Highly highly recommend the Hoffman House to cater your next event.

Sent on 09/03/2014

Craig · Married on 05/03/2014

A personal and professional touch helped make our choice of catering for our wedding at The Pavilion the perfect decision. Both Marissa and Samantha helped guarantee a delicious and enjoyable experience for all our wedding guests. All of our requests were met and in some cases exceeded. Their staff flawlessly executed a perfectly elegant event with class and grace.

Sent on 07/13/2014
  • Brittany

Brittany · Married on 05/02/2014

Great to work with, nice and professional staff, willing to work with you on details. Better pricing than we expected! Great food! Infact we got compliments on the food! Get the chocolate filled cookies they make, yum! They cut up our rice krispie treat cake no problem!! Although, I wish they let you keep the leftover food and wine, we did however get to keep the rest of our cookies. We would use them again for sure!!!

Sent on 05/28/2014

Holly · Married on 09/20/2013

We choose Hoffman House to carter our wedding based off the wide selection of great tasting food we could offer each one of our guests. We worked with Marissa who was a joy to work with. During the planning process she was very easy to work with and if we ever had a question she was right there with an answer. For the wedding day the servers where very accommodating and professional to all of our guests. We would highly recommend Hoffman House for your catering needs.

Sent on 11/25/2013

Rae · Married on 09/01/2013

Hoffman House was wonderful to work with from beginning to end! Marissa was always prompt at answering our questions and making changes for us right up until the last minute. Patti our banquet manager that evening was attentive, friendly, and was checking with us often to make sure everything was ok. The food was phenomenal! We didn't have a single complaint!

Sent on 09/03/2013

Bree · Married on 07/12/2013

Hoffman House was an absolute joy to work with for our 7/12/13 wedding. We were nervous about having a buffet reception but it went so smoothly and the food was amazing! Marisa was an absolute joy to work with and was always willing to work with us to make the package work to what we needed/wanted. I got so many compliments on our food and I know family member who are begging for their green beans Provencal recipe!!!

Sent on 07/16/2013

ROBERT · Married on 11/03/2012

WE HAD FILET , PRIME RIB , CHICKEN & VEGETARIAN SELECTION. ALL PHENOMENAL , FOOD WAS HOT , ALL STAFF WERE WONDERFUL , HELPFUL & COURTEOUS. GUESTS RAVED ABOUT THE QUALITY OF FOOD SERVED.

Sent on 11/06/2012

Racheal · Married on 08/25/2012

As a former Catering Manager, I was so pleased with our experience with Hoffman House. The staff was friendly, accommodating, thoughtful and extremely helpful. Our banquet captain, Patti, was such a sweetheart and made sure my husband and I were taken care of all day. The food was delicious, the bar was stocked and Andrea was very responsive to all my questions and emails. I would highly recommend using Hoffman House for any special event!

Sent on 08/29/2012

Jeffrey · Married on 01/21/2012

The staff and chef at Hoffman House are amazing. They are great to work with and made the night everything we hoped it would be.

Sent on 01/24/2012

Kelly · Married on 07/16/2011

Hoffman House catered out reception at the Tebala Shrine Center. It was wonderful! They were flexible with changes and even provided someone to carry our plates back to the head table! Food was fabulous and I received compliments all evening. Great place to work with!

Sent on 07/20/2011

Lauren · Married on 07/25/2014

Working with Hoffman House was a breeze. Samantha is the best. We had a lot of questions and needed to communicate frequently with HH as our wedding day got closer. Samantha was always readily available via email and phone. She provided so much support and on the day of our wedding, she was checking in with us as we ate and making sure that everything was exactly how we wanted it. Our food was delicious, came out hot & fresh tasting and all of our guests really enjoyed it. We couldn't have asked for a better experience!

Sent on 07/30/2014

Marissa and Samantha were amazing! I work in the customer service field myself, and I was completely impressed with how professional both of these women were! I have gotten a lot of feedback about our July 4th wedding, but the most common feedback is how "amazing" the food was! So many people came up to me saying, "usually wedding food is just ok, but yours was amazing." The amount of people to come up to me and say that was amazing. However, that was just the least of it. The girls were so patient with me and so helpful on every little detail of the wedding. I believe they both helped me with other aspects of the wedding that didn't even have to do with catering as well! I could not have asked for better caterers! Our servers were absolutely phenomenal! My husband and I are 100% satisfied and truly grateful for every over at the Hoffman House!

Sent on 07/14/2014

Rebecca · Married on 09/07/2013

I absolutely loved the food and service provided for our wedding by Hoffman House! We went to them with a specific meal in mind (Thanksgiving dinner) that was not on their typical menu and they worked with us to make it happen at a great price! I found their staff to be SO responsive and incredibly accommodating but most importantly, their food was GREAT! The only thing I would mark them down for is a small amount because they didn't finish serving our cake. We asked that it be cut and placed back on the cake table for guests to pick up at their leisure which was done without an issue, however, toward the end of the night as it ran out and guests asked for more the servers told them it was gone when in fact there was an entire tier in the kitchen that was never cut. We got to take it to the after party so it wasn't a total loss but I would have of course preferred the guests be able to eat it at the wedding. I would absolutely hire Hoffman House again, great food and great value!

Sent on 08/04/2014

Andrea · Married on 05/31/2013

The Hoffman House provided efficient and HOT food for our wedding guests!

Sent on 06/04/2013

Kim · Married on 01/21/2012

The Hoffman House did a fantastic job. The food was plentiful, beautifully displayed, most delicious, hot and served very timely. Their staff was professional, flexible, accomdating and very friendly. From the first meeting to the night of the reception, the Hoffman House was responsive, informative and accomdating. Their staff truly understand customer service! We had been told the Hoffman House was the best at serving a large crowd and they truly were.

Sent on 01/24/2012

Jennifer · Married on 09/24/2011

Overall a great caterer. They were able to do everything that I wanted for my small wedding. We did not like the prime rib... so we didn't order it. We actually don't like much of the food at the restaurant, but you get a tasting for catered food and the choices were fantastic! The steak was huge and cooked onsite and the no one went hungry. The even put together a cheesecake buffet for us which was not a menu option. I wish the steamed vegetables weren't overdone - but I think it's hard to do, and no one complained!

Sent on 12/03/2011

The staff was very professional, the coordinator (Marissa) was very attentive and responded to emails quickly. They are very flexible and everything tasted amazing!

Sent on 09/17/2013

A little pricey but great food and service! We had our reception in a tent without kitchen facilities and they pulled it off beautifully!

Sent on 08/05/2013

Danielle · Married on 05/26/2012

They provided a personal server for the bride and groom so that we didn't have to carry anything, and chance spilling. The food was amazing everyone enjoyed everything, and served on china so it did look very nice. You can have them provide chair covers to dress up the reception for a little extra, but worth it. They do clean up early though, so request to have the drinks until the end for while you are dancing. They do provide centerpieces for you as well as linen napkins and table cloths to dress the tables up. if you want something sprinkled on the table such as rose petals they will even do that. They will even cut the cake, if you want, after the bride and groom cut the cake so that everyone can have some. They will put your top layer in a box so you can freeze it.

Sent on 06/12/2012

Vanessa · Married on 09/25/2010

3.5

We had a wonderful reception at the hoffman house. We received so many compliments on the food. We did buffet style for dinner and it was great, but the only thing was that I felt like there was a lot of food left over and no one is allowed to take any left overs with them. So that is the only reason I gave a lower score for value for cost. Otherwise everything was EXCELLENT! Patty was our banquet coordinator and she was amazing also!

Sent on 10/10/2010

4.2

amazing food, amazing service, a couple miscommunications otherwise practically perfect!

Sent on 12/04/2012