Historic Oakland Reviews

1 User photo

• Karen

Karen C Logan · Married on 11/16/2019

Beautiful facility -- professional staff

The facility is excellent for smaller weddings of 74 or less. An outdoor ceremony is recommended if the weather permits because the ballroom on the second floor is not handicapped accessible. For a caterer I highly recommend Tino's Italian Bistro -- they are excellent!!!

Sent on 11/24/2019
  • Chenae

Chenae Mcpherson · Married on 08/10/2019

(Bride) Wedding 08/2019

Wedding next month so far the planning process has been so smooth, responsive and helpful. LaTasha the facility coordinator makes you feel like you’re the only client she has with her attention to the planning details of your event. Can’t wait and will be back to update!

Sent on 07/04/2019

Lisa Hoston · Married on 03/30/2019

Great venue for a small wedding

The place was elegant! We had a fabulous time as well as our guests.

Sent on 05/30/2019
  • Alexandra

Alexandra Cadwalader · Married on 09/21/2018

Disney Wedding 2018

The venue was everything we were looking for. A beautiful back drop for our ceremony and pictures, a place we could decorate the way we wanted and a place that lets you bring your own alcohol and caterer (no bartender needed for our event). The staff was very friendly, helpful and flexible. A downside for me was that you couldn't decorate the night before and if your event is on a week day you can't get on the grounds until 2pm without paying extra. All in all, our wedding was beautiful and we couldn't have asked for a better day.

Sent on 11/20/2018

Dawn · Married on 07/07/2017

Tasha was absolutely amazing!! My wedding day was perfect!

Sent on 07/31/2017

Historic Oakland's reply:

Thank you for your review, Dawn! We agree, Tasha is amazing with our clients. So happy to hear you had such a wonderful experience here at Historic Oakland. - Lori

Noreen · Married on 06/22/2016

I recently planned a business event at Historic Oakland. This was not a meeting but a fun night to thanks our customers. We had different food tables and activities (photo booth, caricaturists, henna tattoos, etc) in all the rooms, both upstairs and downstairs. Everyone had a wonderful time. The staff was very accommodating. I used the sound system and hooked up my phone for music. I also used the microphone to announce door prizes. I have done three events like this and this was the best location. The only one issue would be the stairs because some of the older guests had problems with them.

Sent on 07/11/2016

Jeff · event on: 06/15/2016

I am a business professional that holds events every two months at Oakland Manor for 30 guests. I cannot even begin to describe how helpful, accommodating and friendly the staff at Oakland Manor is in making our events successful. They go above and beyond in every way, take the stress off of me and ensure that everything is perfect for our event and guests. We never consider going anywhere else as any other venue would pale in comparison to the service and amenities we receive at Oakland Manor. A++ all the way around.

Sent on 06/17/2016

Cheri · Married on 05/14/2016

I loved everything about my wedding at Historic Oakland. It was a great choice!! I married outside in the garden and held my reception inside. It's a great deal bc you pay for one venue to accommodate two services and it's absolutely beautiful and elegant. My guests were blown away!

Sent on 05/18/2016

Historic Oakland's reply:

So glad to learn everything went well. Wishing you much love and happiness!

Ours wasn't a wedding situation so I'm not sure our review will help. Though, with the carpets gone, maybe the prohibition on red wines could be lifted, too?

Sent on 05/26/2016

Historic Oakland's reply:

Thank you for your feedback. There is no longer a red wine policy. That has been changed. What was your event date? It is most likely that you signed your contract prior to the policy change which took place mid-year of 2015. I am sorry this wasn't communicated to you.

Linda · event on: 04/01/2016

I have used the Historic Oakland manor (Columbia Mansion) for the past 2 years for a business meeting every week. The venue is AMAAAZING!!! Gorgeous and clean. The people are helpful and very responsive when you need anything and the prices are reasonable for such a beautiful environment. Definitely A++++

Sent on 08/08/2016

Nikki · Married on 07/12/2015

Historic Oakland is a beautiful pleace the people here are great, and very attentive. Can not wait to have my wedding here in a few months.

Sent on 01/11/2015

Historic Oakland's reply:

We look forward to hosting your event in July! As always, call us, email us, or stop in for a visit any time.
  • User5177041 · event on: 03/14/2015

The staff members were very helpful to me in planning the event and provided wonderful service on the day of the event. The venue was beautiful and many guests commented on a what a wonderful place it was to hold a baby shower. My daughter was thrilled with how amazing everything turned out!

Sent on 06/15/2015

Saralyn · Married on 03/08/2015

The Historic Oakland is a beautiful venue at a great price. The mansion provided the perfect backdrop for my intimate reception. Nadia and the entire staff were very flexible and responded quickly to all of my questions and concerns.

Sent on 03/19/2015

Historic Oakland's reply:

Hello and Best Wishes, Saralyn! We are pleased to hear about your experience at Historic Oakland. Thanks for sharing!

Historic Oakland is such a wonderful place. It was the perfect setting for my vintage wedding ceremony. I will definitely be recommending this venue for others as well as considering it for future events. Everyone there is so nice and I could not have asked for anything better :-).

Sent on 01/25/2015

Historic Oakland's reply:

Thank you for your kind review! I appreciate you taking time to share your experience with us. If there is anything else we can do, please call us. Best wishes!
  • Elizabeth

Elizabeth · Married on 05/04/2014

We had looked at other mansion type locations in order to keep our wedding intimate. Oakland was the perfect place for it. The Bishop's Garden next to the house was the perfect location for a ceremony. Even though it seats about 80, our 160 guests surrounded it and were able to capture the wedding from different angles. The bathrooms are clean, well-lit and inviting. The staff courteous and professional. Nadia was amazing to work with and the price was affordable. The tent in the backyard was the perfect spot to hold our reception dinner and dancing while the inside of the house was used for our photo booth and cocktail hour. Our guests felt at home. If you are looking for a place that feels inviting, relaxed and a bit like home, I highly reccommend Historic Oakland. If we ever renew our vows- this place would be it!

Sent on 05/20/2014

Cheryll · Married on 04/13/2014

Nadia and her staff where very professional throughout the whole process. I would definitely recommend the Manor. Nadia met all my needs even up until the end.

Sent on 05/14/2014
  • I

Ilene · event on: 04/12/2014

The venue was beautiful and the staff as very helpful.

Sent on 05/14/2014
  • User4107854 · event on: 04/12/2014

I was very pleased with the venue. We had our event in the Gaither Room. It was absolutely beautiful. The staff was very pleasant and helpful.

Sent on 05/16/2014

When selecting a wedding venue, make certain the venue representative truly understands the importance of creating a beautiful memory for the bride, groom and guests that will last forever. Nadia of Historic Oakland is that person. Oakland Manor is the perfect setting for your wedding day. The caterer, Rouge, delivers great food, drink and professional attention to every guest. Michael, the DJ with Entertainment With Class DJ's, had the dance floor packed all night. We will never forget how Historic Oakland made my daughter's wedding more than an event: it will be a day that will live in our heart's forever.
    father of the bride

Sent on 08/07/2013

Rosie · Married on 01/04/2013

Historic Oakland is a beautiful romantic mansion. It's small and quaint and personal. The lighting in the ceremony room is a golden glow around dusk. STUNNING.

Sent on 10/25/2013

Gorgeous place to get married in or to just have a reunion or other family get together.

Sent on 10/11/2012
  • Mrs.B-Baby!!

SHAUNA · Married on 05/27/2011

We had our ceremony at Historic Oakland Mansion. This venue was so beautiful and the room we rented was so intimate. We rented one of the upstairs rooms , "The Sterrett Room". The staff at the venue was so helpful and accomodating. Our family was impressed with the venue as well. We took some pictures outside in the front and that provided for a great background. I would recommend others to use this venue, and can't wait to go to a wedding there and see the whole place.

Sent on 06/18/2011

Jennifer · Married on 07/11/2009

I agree with all the other reviews. I visited several times and spoke with Ellen a myriad of times. She was always friendly and helpful. I had the ceremony in the yard in the back behind the tree, next to the tent, the cocktail hour on the Verandah and the reception in the banquet hall. I had my makeup and hair done and dressed in the bridal room. Everyone loved the place! Oh and it has plentiful free parking.

Sent on 07/14/2009

I loved this venue! They were a great help and so tentative during our wedding and reception. I have even gone back and done some other events at this location and have had nothing but positive dealing with the Historic Oaklands !!!! THANK YOU!

Sent on 08/16/2012

Antoinette · Married on 05/11/2018

Latasha was so understanding and responsive during the wedding planning process.
    Hope was also very sweet and accomodating the day of the wedding.

Sent on 05/19/2018