Historic London Town and Gardens Reviews

Historic London Town and Gardens 6
Historic London Town and Gardens 7

Shannon · Married on 09/06/2014

3.0

Historic Londontown and Gardens is a gorgeous location situated on the South River. We loved how the venue came to life on our wedding day and so did the guests. Luckily we had already moved into the main hall by the time the storm rolled in after dinner. The new tent that was installed around April 2014, came in handy when the flaps were taken down. It made the porch and tent a great place for people to still hang out in regardless of the thunderstorms outside. If you're looking for a venue that is beautiful, historic, and holds up well in bad weather than Londontown is your place.

Though Londontown is a great venue, the old Director of Events, Jean, who was a gem to work with was replaced by Adrianna right before our wedding. Adrianna works for both Two Hands Studios and Londontown, so it is difficult to reach her in a timely fashion. On two separate occassions it took us 2-3 weeks to hear a response from her on important matters regarding the walkthrough with the caterer and questions and signings regarding the liquor license. But when she did finally reply she was helpful and organized.

Sent on 10/16/2014

Cindy · Married on 04/26/2014

3.5

This venue was a do-it-yourself blank slate which is wonderful if you have a vision for what you are looking for. It was beautiful and Jean was amazing. She had so many great ideas and layouts for the venue. I wouldn't have changed a thing about our wedding day.

Sent on 06/26/2014
  • W

DENISE · Married on 09/14/2008

3.5

We booked our venue pretty last minute and I was very familiar with it since it's close to m parents house. Unfortunately, our wedding day was beyond hot......about 95 hot and humid. We moved the cocktail hour inside bu the air conditioning barely worked- can't blame it due to the high heat!

My only complaint would be the bugs, but I know, I know- it is an outdoor venue. I still think they should provide some cotronella or other kind of insect repellant around the perimeters of the tent and indoor pavillion. They also claim that you can sit 150 in the tent which is NOT true! We only had 90 guests, a TINY dance floor and the band barely had any room to play. It was uncomfortable to dance because it was too small and some of the table were literally at the edge of the dance floor. I wish their estimates had been a little bit more accurate because we would have booked another venue.

They are also pretty expensive for what they offer and in comparison to other venues in the area. I would suggest bargaining them down which is what we did. They try to charge you extra for things that are mandatory (like the tent which is up permanently from April to November). try to get that included in the lower price. We also had the bargaining chip of booking at the last minute though!

The staff was very helpful and nice and it was never a problem to get an answer on anything that we needed. Patsy was very flexible with our needs and was a pleasure to work with.

Sent on 10/01/2008

Manuel · Married on 08/02/2008

3.0

It was an amazing place to get marry. The gardens are beautiful, the tent outside and the inside hall were great for our party. The only problem we had was that they kept our $850 deposit. The problem was not the money, but the stupid reason. They found cigarette's but and flowers petals in the gardens. We had the ceremony outside, we ate at the tent, after done eating a huge storm with strong winds came (for like 10 min though). I think that's why things went on the gardens. They prohibited petals been through in the ceremony (flower's girl). I guess now you can, I saw a couple recent pictures with petals on the garden. If I would've known they were keeping my deposit I would not care about the flowers girl throwing petals. I remember telling them, we would pick the petals up after the ceremony, they said it was prohibited.

After all, everything was amazing, I would recommend the place though, just make sure you don't make the same mistake we did of letting this people keep our money.

Sent on 10/02/2015

3.5

Historic Londontown and Gardens is a beautiful outdoor venue on the waterfront near Annapolis, and we had an amazing wedding on their site. Although you are mostly just paying for the setting since they do not provide their own catering services, they have staff onsite (Jean and Adriana) who are very helpful in recommending vendors and creating timelines.

It is important for brides and grooms who are considering Londontontown to understand they there will be a lot more work and hidden costs inherent in picking a place like this, rather than having the ceremony at a hotel, since you will need to choose your catering company, linens, decor, transportation, etc. However, we have no regrets!

Although we were happy overall, we are disappointed in the way they handled the timing of our event. Our contract with Londontown gave us the venue from 4:30-10pm for the ceremony and reception, and then gave until 11pm for all guests and vendors to leave. However, during the planning process, Londontown tried to persuade us to have things wind down around 9pm - 1 hour earlier than we had in our contract! My wife and I fought this, and requested last call at 9:55, however on our wedding night, last call occurred just after 9pm (and it wasn't because the crowd was excessively rowdy or anything). Obviously with the amount of money that my wife and I spent on the caterer, DJ, etc., to stay until 10pm, we were dissapointed in the way this was handled.

Sent on 07/24/2014

Kim · Married on 09/05/2009

3.0

London Town Gardens is absolutely beautiful and perfect for our ceremony and reception. The gardens are very well maintained, as are the Pavilion House and tent. We were pleased to learn that they recently got a new tent and it was fully lined, which made it look much nicer. We loved having everything in one place, to make it easier for our guests and give us a seamless transition between the ceremony, cocktail hour and dinner/dancing. We had 140 guests and it was definitely very full under the tent for dinner - London Town's capacity of 150 is definitely accurate (or even a little bit high).

We used the gardens for the ceremony (which was gorgeous, the deck for the ceremony is perfect and has a great view) and cocktail hour, had dinner under the tent and then all the guests moved into the Pavilion House for dancing. At first we were a little bit concerned that guests would have to move after dinner (especially the elderly guests), but it worked great and everyone spent the rest of the evening dancing or mingling around the deck areas and inside. We lucked out and had beautiful weather, so guests we able to be all over the venue, which was nice for those who didn't want to dance. We did set up some high top cocktail tables around the dance floor which helped with guests who didn't want to dance or wanted to set their drinks down. We also set some smaller round tables with chairs in the back room off the Pavilion room for seating for elderly guests during dancing and that worked great.

The only complaint I had was some miscommunications during the planning process. For the most part, the on-site coordinator was very responsive and always got back to me quickly. About a week before the wedding, we were told that our rehearsal the day before would have to start at 3:30pm, as it would have to end by 4pm or we would get locked in because the staff leaves at that time and locks the gates. Originally I had scheduled the rehearsal for 5:00pm, since our rehearsal dinner was to start at 6pm. I thought 3:30pm was a little bit ridiculous, as that would require all of our bridal party to take off work to make it by that time, as well as giving us a huge lapse of time in between the rehearsal and dinner. I'm not sure where the miscommunication came from, but after my dad spoke with Patsy, the coordinator, he was able to move the rehearsal time back to 4:30pm with the promise that we would be out by 5:00pm. It was a little bit stressful to deal with the week before the wedding!

All in all, it was a wonderful place to hold the wedding and we were so happy we picked it. I would highly recommend it!

Sent on 09/22/2009

Sandy · Married on 06/18/2015

3.6
      2.5

London Town was a beautiful location for our wedding, with plenty of space and all the elements we wanted: parking, indoor and outdoor locations, beautiful scenery, the option to supply our own alcohol for the bar, etc. We are very happy to have had our wedding there, and we would recommend the location to other couples.

Unfortunately, the responsiveness and organization of the staff left something to be desired. There were several incidents shortly before the wedding that were needlessly stressful and which I feel could have been handled better. For one thing, we almost never dealt with the same person twice during the process. This is not too serious, but one of our criteria for choosing wedding vendors was our experiences of talking to the people involved. We were disappointed to learn, shortly after booking the venue, that the person we had spoken to no longer worked there. It all felt very impersonal and almost unfriendly from that point on.

The most serious issue I had with the venue had to do with the coordination of other vendors. The liquor store was told by the venue to make their delivery between 11am and 1pm on the day. I received an angry telephone call from them at 12:30pm saying there was no one there to receive the order. My maid of honor both tried to contact the venue and could not reach anyone - an experience I was by now somewhat familiar with.

Sent on 06/29/2015

Kati · Married on 07/27/2008

3.4
      3.0

Couldn't beat the views. Just be prepared if you're getting married in the middle of the summer for a steamy day!

Sent on 09/24/2008

Nicole · Married on 07/12/2008

3.2
      1.5

Londontown was a beautiful venue for our ceremony and reception. The only complaint that I have is that if you want your reception fully inside, they can only accommodate 80 people. If you have more people, you can still have your reception there but you have to pay an extra $1500 to use their tent outside and they don't provide any lighting or fans for it. There are also a lot of mosquitos there since it's on the water. Also, warning, if you only reserve the place for 8 hours, they DO NOT let you come in early to set up. Also, make sure that you clean up EVERYTHING! If not, you will not get your deposit back. But everyone thought our ceremony and reception were beautiful.

Sent on 07/29/2008

Lauren · Married on 09/05/2015

2.8
      2.0
      3.0

London Town and Gardens is, without a doubt, stunning. It's a chance to be married in a natural setting while overlooking the water - who can turn that down? We are in love with it as a venue for our wedding.

But I had to give it low marks because the venue coordinator, Adriana, is terrible. She doesn't respond to emails unless she wants something, her contract is vague, and she's overall unprofessional.

That being said, if you want a garden setting, LTG is worth the coordinator.

Sent on 08/27/2015