Historic London Town and Gardens Reviews

Historic London Town and Gardens 6
Historic London Town and Gardens 7

Megan McGeehan · Married on 09/07/2019

Beautiful venue!

“Magical.” “Perfect.” “The best wedding I’ve ever been to” These are just a few of the compliments we received from our guests! The venue is beautiful and Keara was an absolute joy to work with. She was responsive, organized, and attentive to every detail. All the vendors we used were on the London Town preferred vendor list - and each and every one was professional and did an amazing job!

Sent on 09/18/2019
    Historic London Town and Gardens 8
    Historic London Town and Gardens 9

M+J and family,

Thank you so much for this review! I cannot wait to see more photos from your wedding and I wish you all many many happy years. I feel so lucky we got to play a part in your story! Cheers!

Victoria Peele · Married on 09/01/2019

The most magical and stunning venue.

This venue was everything we could have imagined and more. It's gorgeous backdrop of the South River, acres and acres of gardens, and horticulture gave all the most stunning of views. Keara is an absolute joy to work with. She was always quick with email responses, phone calls, and made sure to think of every last detail. As we were planning our wedding, she even had the bridal suite repainted beautifully, had stunning string lights hung, and made the venue even more handicap accessible for our grandparents. It was truly the most breathtaking venue. We love you all and were so thankful to have our big day at Historic London Town & Gardens.

Sent on 09/05/2019
    Historic London Town and Gardens 10
    Historic London Town and Gardens 11

Historic London Town and Gardens's reply:

T+L - Where do I even begin?! Working with you both was amazing. You are so sweet and I am so glad you booked at London Town. I cannot wait to see you both in the future. Cheers to so many happy years of marriage!

• Amalia

Amalia · Married on 08/23/2019

This venue is absolutely beautiful!

This was my first venue I looked at and I knew right away I wanted to get married here! The scenery is breathtaking, even the inside and outside of the building is gorgeous. Keara, in charge of wedding venue is responsive and made my planning so much easier. I love this place!!

Sent on 08/28/2019

A+R+C,

We loved hosting you here! Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us this review. I hope you come back and visit soon!

Cheers to your marriage!

• Marta

Marta · Married on 08/15/2019

The perfect venue for our perfect day!

After we toured Historic London Town & Gardens, it was an easy decision for us to choose this venue. The historic buildings, deck overlooking the water, big white tent, and gardens was everything we were looking. Our venue coordinator Keara was very helpful and professional in the planning process, she responded quickly to our questions, and worked with our vendors to make sure everything went smoothly on our wedding day. We cannot recommend Historic London Town & Gardens enough.

Sent on 09/01/2019
    Historic London Town and Gardens 12
    Historic London Town and Gardens 13
    Historic London Town and Gardens 14
    Historic London Town and Gardens 15

M + B,

Thank you so much for this thoughtful review! I cannot wait to see more photos! Your wedding was truly a celebration of the two of you and I am so glad you decided to have one here. I hope Poland was amazing as well!

Caitlyn · Married on 06/22/2019

So Beautiful!

London Town is so beautiful. It has so much natural outdoor beauty and perfect photo spots. It is super spacious and has a tent and pavilion for eating and dancing! Keara is an absolute dream to work with! She is super responsive to emails, and answered every single question I had, no matter how small. She also helped create a perfect layout and rain plan (although we didn't have any rain, it was nice to have a plan in case we did). She us super knowledgeable about every aspect of a wedding and is so helpful. I sent her tons of emails, and she never once seemed like it was too much, It was the perfect venue with the most amazing coordinator!

Sent on 06/24/2019

C+J,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write such a kind review! We can’t wait to see photos from the day featuring Leia ;) You were both wonderful to work with and I wish you so, so many years of happiness.

• Michelle

Michelle Fegan · Married on 06/21/2019

Dream wedding!

My husband and I got engaged on our boat right out front of London Towne so it was no question where we would have it! We didn't even look at any other venues we were that sure. We had seen weddings from the water and knew it would perfectly suit us. Keara was amazing to work with and she helped us make the whole planning process easy! Our guests are still talking about how beautiful the venue was. The groomsmen arrived by boat and we left by boat at the end of the night! Highly recommend for anyone looking to get married on the water!

Sent on 08/09/2019

M+C,

Your wedding was such an amazing reflection of the both of you and I am so glad you hosted it here! You both were so great to work with and I wish you nothing but happy years of marriage. See you guys around Edgewater!!

Erin · Married on 06/08/2019

Incredible

We had a phenomenal experience at London Town and could not have asked for a more perfect wedding! Keara is beyond helpful and truly amazing, we love her! We’d do it all over again!! Overall amazing :)

Sent on 06/17/2019
    Historic London Town and Gardens 16

E+I,

Words cannot describe how lucky I feel to have worked with you both over the last year and a half. Thank you so much for your review and can’t wait to see you soon!

• Kara

Kara · Married on 06/02/2019

Beautiful All Around!

Keara was such a delight and such a pleasure to work with. The moment we checked out the venue and met Keara, I knew this was where I wanted to get married. She was extremely proactive in answering back any questions I had. She was helpful, calm, organized, friendly and super easy to work with. I visited the grounds multiple times through the year and every time, the landscape, flowers, and gardens were very well kept, groomed and beautifully maintained. The grounds overlooking the river were stunning! No matter the season, it was absolutely gorgeous! Great for any time of the year! Thanks Keara & London Town for making my day unforgettable!

Sent on 07/31/2019
    Historic London Town and Gardens 24
    Historic London Town and Gardens 25
    Historic London Town and Gardens 26

K + J,

You were the most joyful and happy couple I have had the pleasure to work with! It was a privilege to be able to call you guys an LT couple. I wish you nothing but the best and hope to see you back here in the future.

xo K
  • Alyssa

Alyssa · Married on 05/11/2019

Beautiful venue, wonderfully managed

Londontown is an amazing venue. There is so much natural outdoor beauty which is exactly what we were looking for. They also have a built in rain plan (which we did end up needing on our date) but it was nice to never have to worry about that or make any big decisions until day-of about the rain call. Also, and super importantly, Keara is amazing. She answered all of my millions of questions very quickly and was always above-and-beyond helpful. I never felt like I was bothering her or asking too much. All my vendors love working there and I can see why. I can't recommend Londontown enough.

Sent on 06/13/2019
    Historic London Town and Gardens 27

A+R,

Thank you so much for this review. You both were amazing to work with and the love you have for each other is something very special. Cheers to you both and many, many years of happiness. I hope to see you back on site soon!

• Stephanie

Stephanie Chou · Married on 05/10/2019

THANK YOU! Feeling Lucky!

I can't thank Londontown & Keara enough! Our wedding was beautiful and exceeded all of our expectations. We had a black tie garden party theme. Initially, I was nervous we weren't going to be able to make it "fancy" but I was wrong! We dressed the place right up and it was amazingly elegant! It started to rain right as we were setting up for the ceremony (everyone's biggest fear I know) but, despite the uncooperative weather we still had a beautiful ceremony inside! AND while we were exchanging vows inside, the storm parted and our guests were able to walk around in the garden for cocktail hour. PLUS we had the tent for dinner which was beautiful AND functional! 10/10 would recommend- you can make this venue your own to match your personalities!

Sent on 05/19/2019
    Historic London Town and Gardens 37
    Historic London Town and Gardens 38
    Historic London Town and Gardens 39

Historic London Town and Gardens's reply:

S+T - WE LOVE YOU!! Your wedding was gorgeous and it was such a pleasure to work with you both. Cheers to your marriage and we hope to see you back on site soon.
    xo Keara
  • Brooke

Brooke · Married on 11/10/2018

Beautiful Venue. Wonderful Staff.

Keara is AMAZING! Responds within minutes, and goes above-and-beyond with any request. She knows many of the local vendors which is helpful in planning your wedding. Even the inside pavilion is wonderful, newly painted too. Our pictures turned out beautifully!!

Sent on 07/17/2019
    Historic London Town and Gardens 40
    Historic London Town and Gardens 41
    Historic London Town and Gardens 42

B+B,

Thank you SO much! How lucky I was to have you guys as an LT couple. Truly loved working with you both. Can't wait to see you on site soon!

Rebekah · Married on 10/21/2018

Gorgeous venue with great staff!

We could not be happier with our experience with London Town. Keara was quick and responsive to all our questions and was helpful throughout our planning. All of the staff we met were so sweet. They are organized and knowledgeable to make sure we had everything we needed. The property is beautiful! There are so many great spots for photos and we loved having our ceremony with the water behind us. Since we got married on the coldest day in October we are also greatful for their indoor eating and dance area.

London Town is a gorgeous venue and was my top choice when looking to book. I’m so glad we were able to have our wedding here. We loved it!!

Sent on 11/03/2018

Historic London Town and Gardens's reply:

R+R - we loved having you two as an LT couple! Thank you so much for your kind words. We hope you will share your love for years to come.

Chuck · Married on 09/29/2018

Beautiful venue!!

We used Historic London Town and Gardens as the venue for our wedding this October. Full disclosure, London Town was the first venue and one of only two that we looked at in person. Our visit happened to be on a gorgeous autumn day – perfect blue sky, a little warm for the season – and we were really taken with the natural beauty of the gardens and how secluded the property felt. We really liked the idea of having our ceremony and cocktail hour outside, with the reception under the tent. And, we really didn’t want a generic ballroom or event space – we were looking for something that was pretty but not stuffy and was a little bit unique. London Town fit all of our criteria. We felt like we took a little bit of a risk with a partially outdoor venue because the weather is so unpredictable in the Mid-Atlantic in the Fall, but knowing that in the event of inclement weather everything could be moved inside gave us the comfort we needed to move forward.

On our wedding day (exactly one year after we first visited the venue), we were again lucky with absolutely perfect weather. One of the things we loved about London Town is that because the gardens are so beautiful on their own you don’t need to add a ton of decoration to them. Similarly, the tent has lighting built-in, so unless you are looking to use special spot-lighting, etc. there isn’t much you need to add there either. I also really appreciated the bridal suite in the Pavilion – it isn’t huge, but is a pretty space to take “getting ready” photos, doubled as our place to stash the wedding party’s personal belongings, and tripled as a refuge for our dear friend with an infant! Both during and after the wedding many of our guests shared how much they loved the venue and that it made a beautiful setting for the wedding.

Finally, I need to take a minute to talk about Keara, the Director of Events. Keara is the most responsive person I have ever encountered. It sometimes felt like she responded before I even hit ‘send’ on an email. Not only was she incredibly quick, she was patient with our endless questions, generous with vendor recommendations, and just a generally delightful person to work with. Historic London Town and Garden is a beautiful spot, but getting to work with Keara was truly a highlight for us in the planning process. We were absolutely thrilled with our wedding at London Town – it was without question the perfect venue for us, and I highly recommend it.

Sent on 05/04/2019

C+R,

Wow. I cannot thank you enough for writing this thoughtful review. I absolutely loved getting to work with the both of you and hope to see you both back at LT soon. It was a joy to host your wedding here and to experience the love the two of you have for each other.

Laura · Married on 09/22/2018

Beautiful Venue and Prompt Helpful Service!

We absolutely loved working with Keara at Londontown. The venue is amazing and a beautiful outdoor/indoor space. They have tons of experience with weddings and helped us seamlessly execute our day. They have two wedding sites and a mix of indoor/outdoor space for your big day. The gardens are a hidden gem too!! Keara was so quick to respond to our questions and went above and beyond to be super helpful! She also recommended hiring at lease a day-of coordinator since the venue does not provide one - this was essential so definitely do that! Book at Londontown if you want a beautiful, natural, and quant setting for your perfect day!

Sent on 10/22/2018
    Historic London Town and Gardens 47
    Historic London Town and Gardens 48
    Historic London Town and Gardens 49

L+J,

Talk about a couple that reminds us why we LOVE what we do! Thank you so much for your review, we loved working with you both and hope to see you in the future. And those photos, WOW.

Emily · Married on 09/15/2018

London town was everything we were looking for in a venue! The gardens, the history, and the water create such a romantic and intimate atmosphere with the added bonus of a solid weather plan option and being pet friendly. Keara was an absolute delight to work with too! Not only was she incredibly responsive to our questions, she worked to ensure we would have back up power in case the hurricane we were expecting landed (thank goodness it didnt, but we really felt they were doing whatever they could go make sure we could still enjoy our day). With the tables/chairs etc. Included in the rental price, it makes securing a venue much easier. We're so happy we were able to start our marriage at Londontown!

Sent on 09/30/2018

E+D,

I loved working with you both leading up to your wedding! It was so nice having you as a London Town couple and we hope to see you on site soon.

Mariah · Married on 05/26/2018

The day of our wedding was better than we could have ever imagined. The venue is such a neat area, it was like having four different areas for people to hang out. We had a cigar bar in the garden, the dance floor inside, dinner under the tent and cocktail hour on the deck. I cried for hours when it was all over with because I didn’t want it to be done yet. Highly recommend for a wedding!!!!

Sent on 06/02/2018
    Historic London Town and Gardens 50
    Historic London Town and Gardens 51
    Historic London Town and Gardens 52
    Historic London Town and Gardens 53

Karin · Married on 05/18/2018

AMAZING in every way

Keara is the absolute BEST to work with, and this venue is one of the most beautiful in the area. Waterfront historic garden?? We had the most magical day, helped to make happen by the most incredible vendors. We loved HLT!

Sent on 07/30/2019

K+M,

THANK YOU! It was amazing being able to bring your wedding to life here and I'm so glad you were able to celebrate here with the whole family (Granby included ;)). Cheers to your marriage!

K

Katie · Married on 05/12/2018

Having our wedding at London Town was amazing! The venue is beautiful there are gardens, a historic area and the South River. Working with Keara was great, she was very responsive if we had any questions and helpful in the planning process. I liked that the venue held open houses where you could meet local vendors. We used the florist and hotel we met at the open house and it worked out great. The month out meeting was also helpful to get all the last minute details ironed out. The staff at London Town is very experienced and professional to ensure your big day goes just the way you envisioned it. Our family and guests had an amazing time and complimented the venue throughout the night. We are so glad we chose London Town for our wedding!

Sent on 05/22/2018

Historic London Town and Gardens's reply:

Katie! It was such a pleasure having you as one of our LT couples. You and Matt are so sweet and we feel honored to have been able to play a small part in such a huge day.

Meaghan · Married on 10/15/2017

Loved the gardens and Ms. Keara was very helpful and informative throughout the planning.

Sent on 11/27/2017

Meaghan and Teddie,

It was so lovely to work with you both. I hope you have a great holiday season and I can't wait to see you both here in the future.

Julia · Married on 09/23/2017

The team at Historic London Town is the absolutely best! We had the pleasure of working with Keara and she's fantastic. Incredibly accommodating and always available to answer questions! I was so grateful to find such great venue that really allowed my creativity to shine! With the indoor and outdoor spaces, it really makes a wonderful venue no matter the season!

Sent on 10/16/2017

Historic London Town and Gardens's reply:

Julia it was such a pleasure working with you! Your vision was beautiful and I was so happy to make it a reality at London Town. We hope to see you back here soon.

Mike · Married on 09/02/2017

My husband and I fell in love with London Town from the minute we arrived. The venue was perfect for us. The outdoor space was exactly what we were looking for for our ceremony, the tent was perfect for dinner, and the indoor pavilion had the perfect dance floor (and it was climate controlled so it didn't matter what the weather is - including being our backup plan for inclínate weather). Throughout the whole time, Keara was our point of contact, and we absolutely loved working with her. She was always helpful with whatever we needed, she was there with a smile where we saw her in person (and she was quick to give us a hug), and she made everything so easy for us.

On the day of, it unfortunately rained, but Keara and Jasmine (the site supervisor for the day who was absolutely stellar) worked seamlessly with our caterer and our day-of coordinator to put things together behind the scenes without us really needing to worry about. The venue worked beautifully for our indoor ceremony in the pavilion - everything came together amazingly. We were still able to use the tent for dinner despite the rain, and the setting was excellent. And then we moved back into the pavilion after to finish as planned.

I can't say enough great things about London Town for a wedding venue, and for Keara, Jasmine, and the whole team. We loved having our day there and would do it again all over if we could!

Sent on 11/17/2017

Mike and Tony,

What a joy it was to work with you both throughout this process. I feel so lucky that you chose London Town and we got to play a small part in your day.

Allie · Married on 05/20/2017

I will admit, my (now) husband and I only looked at one venue, the Historic London Town and Gardens. When we were looking for a venue, we had two requirements: for it to be a garden and for it to be by the water. Historic London Town and Gardens hit both requirements and so much more. It was everything that we wanted. The gardens are beautiful! Our ceremony was on the ledge right next to the water surrounded by trees. The dinner tent and pavilion were absolutely perfect. Guests were able to walk around easily and could wander. It was a very open environment. Keara and everyone else who worked at London Town were very attentive and professional. If you are interested in getting married in the Annapolis area, I would highly recommend Historic London Town and Gardens!

Sent on 06/11/2017

Historic London Town and Gardens's reply:

Allie, thank you so much for the kind words! We loved hosting your celebration here and hope to see you both back soon.

Cynthia · Married on 05/05/2017

My husband and I did quite a bit of research to find our venue and are so glad we decided on Historic London Town and Gardens. We were looking for an outdoor space and my husband really liked the idea of being on the water. London Town was the perfect marriage of both. We actually went to visit it in the middle of January when the garden was clearly not in bloom and even then we were so captivated by its beauty. The gardens, water, and dock make for the most beautiful pictures and back drop for the ceremony. We also received so many comments from guests about how beautiful and perfect the venue was. The space was on par for pricing in the area and included a tent which had turned out to be one of the biggest expenses at other venues. They also are overall very flexible with vendor choices which means you can design the wedding of your dreams. The crew there was always friendly and flexible and easy to work with. We highly recommend London Town and Gardens.

Sent on 07/22/2017

Ben · Married on 04/29/2017

This venue was the most gorgeous atmosphere and everyone had a blast no matter what their temperament!! Our guests were able to walk the gardens, play yard games, or dance the night away. It made for such beautiful and incredible pictures too! Keara and her staff were wonderful and so easy to work with, and made sure that everything was set and ready to go for our special day!

Sent on 11/23/2017

Ben and Jess,

Thank you so much for your kind words! We loved working with you and are so happy you chose to host your wedding here at London Town. Happy holidays!

Kathryn · Married on 04/21/2017

I honestly couldn't of imagined having my wedding ceremony and reception anywhere else. This was the very first (and only) venue I saw while I was looking. I feel in love with it the second we stepped onto the grounds. The staff, especially Keara, was absolutely wonderful, accommodating, and helpful. The entire venue was beautiful, and has so many opportunities for pictures, entertainment, and even had an adorable bridal suite to get ready in. It was the perfect Spring wedding, and I wouldn't of had it any other way.

Sent on 05/05/2017

Historic London Town and Gardens's reply:

Thank you so much for the wonderful review. It was such a pleasure hosting you and Ray here. Sweet clients like you both make what we do so worth it and we are so happy you chose London Town!