Historic Inns of Annapolis Reviews

Historic Inns of Annapolis 5
Historic Inns of Annapolis 6
Historic Inns of Annapolis 7

Tatum · Married on 09/01/2018

I can honestly say that this day was the best day ever because of the Historic Inns and their team. Working with Markus and Michael was very easy. They made sure to listen and respond to all of my concerns and questions and take as much time as I needed until I was reassured that everything would end up perfect. They did not disappoint! My wedding day went off without any hiccup or bump! I can honestly say that I was able to enjoy the entire reception and not once was I having to worry about anything! My guests loved how gorgeous the venue was and all say how amazing the food was, which is HUGE! Markus and Michael have the best attitudes, are hard workers, and always strive to make sure that you are happy. I would HIGHLY recommend this venue! THANK YOU!!!

Historic Inns of Annapolis 8
    Historic Inns of Annapolis 14
    Historic Inns of Annapolis 15
    Historic Inns of Annapolis 16

Mandi · Married on 06/16/2018

We just had our wedding on 6/16/16. I literally would not change one second of that day! Dana ( our Coordinator) with the help of Michael, made our wedding day the best day of our lives. I was NEVER rushed, the day DID NOT go by too fast, the food was INCREDIBLE, all of the guests ( about 116 people) had plenty of room to move around, dance, mingle....EVERYTHING WAS AMAZING. It was better than my own dreams and imagination. I could have not have done this with Dana, without her, it would have been a mess. I didnt have to lift a finger for anything. I would do it all again in a heartbeat just because of her help, along with the staff of the Calvert house.

Libby · Married on 07/08/2017

As the Mother of the Bride, I cannot say enough positive things about our wedding reception at the Governor Calvert. It was fabulous! Laura, the event planner at the Gov. Calvert, was so easy to work with. She answered so many questions, was never flustered or put off by anything we asked. The venue was beautiful, the food was superb and the staff was very welcoming and accommodating. With their flexibility on final numbers, their progressive venues (the atrium, the ballroom, the terrace), it is an ideal setting.

Allie · Married on 06/24/2017

Our wedding day would not have been the same without this amazing venue! Our guests are still raving about the charm of the reception at the Governor Calvert House and loved being in downtown Annapolis. The location couldn't be better. We were still able to go take pictures down by the water, still had outside space, but because its mostly indoor we didn't have to worry about the chance of rain or thunderstorms in June. People could just walk from the hotels in the area to the location. Laura and the whole staff were amazing to work with. They all did everything possible to make our wedding day a dream. Having the room for the bridesmaids to get ready in the day off, as well as a space that we could use throughout the night (like when my husband and I just needed a break from talking), was such an added bonus. If we could do the whole thing over again, I wouldn't. Our wedding was better than I could have ever dreamed.

Ashlee · Married on 04/15/2017

We LOVED our wedding at Governor Calvert House in downtown Annapolis. The dated an initial contract was set up with Michelle Vellon, but after that we worked with Laura Studebaker. We had about 160 guests and Laura worked with us to get the menu to fit our budget. Don't be afraid to ask questions!

Laura was very patient and accommodating. She truly made us feel like this was OUR day. We had previously booked another venue, but their attitude made us feel like we were just another wedding; nothing special. They didn't go out of their way once to make us feel like we had a real say on our wedding day. Therefore, we decided to cancel that venue and save up for Governor Calvert House—which was the location where we truly wanted to get married anyway.

The set up was stunning, and the food was delicious. Our guests still rave about our wedding, and say it was the best and most beautiful one they'd ever attended.

Hayley · Married on 12/24/2016

We had our ceremony and reception at the Governor Calvert House. We worked with Laura Studebaker for the 6 months leading up to our wedding and she was on top of everything and executed it perfectly. Our wedding was on Christmas Eve and she was wonderful enough to come and make sure everything went smoothly - and did she! She made sure everything was perfect the entire night, and what a magical night it was! We can't thank Laura enough. The atrium in the Governor Calvert House is such a beautiful and intimate setting, and it was such a beautiful night. The venue provided such a beautiful backdrops inside and out for our wedding photos as well. Stunning!

• Scottcr1688

Chelsea · Married on 08/27/2016

The Governor Calvert House provided my husband and I such a wonderful venue for our Aug 2016 USNA/GCH wedding. We planned from afar and Michelle Vellon was amazing ever step of the way. Venue space is elegant and perfect for a versatile space. The food was AMAZING, we received so many compliments and the service was exquisite. If you are looking for a elegant and unique venue in Annapolis check out Historic Inns and the Calvert House!

Lauren · Married on 07/30/2016

The Governor Calvert House was absolutely a dream come true for our wedding venue. It was absolutely perfect for a truly historic, annapolis venue. All the food from our tasting was delicious, especially the crab cake. Michelle Vellon was the coordinator we worked with when planning, and she was absolutely fantastic! She was so organized, detail-oriented, and helpful every step of the way. We were so lucky to have worked with her and picked the Governor Calvert House!

Nicole · Married on 07/09/2016

We had our ceremony and reception at the Governor Calvert House on July 9, 2016. We had the perfect day thanks to Michelle Vellon and the staff at the Historic Inns. We fell in love with the Governor Calvert House once we saw the exposed brick interior, garden lights, and the uniqueness of the space. We loved that our guests could explore downtown Annapolis so easily. Michelle was so easy to work with throughout the whole process, answering dozens of emails and questions that we had. She was attentive and accommodating. On the wedding day she checked in frequently and made sure the day flowed perfectly. The wedding went off without a hitch! The food was amazing and there were a plethora of options to choice from- our guests are still raving about cocktail hour and the lamb! Love, love, love the Historic Inns of Annapolis!

Meaghan · Married on 11/21/2015

We had a wonderful reception at the Governor Calvert House! The venue was beautiful, the food was delicious, and the staff was excellent! Michelle Vellon was wonderful to work with - she was incredibly responsive, gave great advice throughout the planning process, and made sure that everything ran smoothly on our wedding day. We received so many compliments from our guests, and couldn't have asked for a better experience!

Candice · Married on 06/27/2015

We loved having our wedding at the Governor Calvert House. It was beautiful and fit the exact look we were going for of traditional but yet unique. Michelle Vellon was amazing to work with. She was extremely responsive, especially the last few weeks before the wedding when there were may questions. She made me feel confident that everything would go as planned and it did. It poured rain the day of the wedding and she was very accommodating even allowing us to set up our cornhole boards inside towards the end of the reception. We received many compliments on the food and the ambiance. The Valets went out of their way to work with us and our wedding party. This venue is highly recommended!!!

Adriana · Married on 05/30/2015

My husband and I got married on May 30th and we are still over the moon about how things came together! As we were going through the planning process I knew that we wanted to be downtown Annapolis in a place that felt historic, classic, and inviting. The Calvert House was just hat! The Atrium and patio sold us the second we stepped in. With the cafe lights strung and looking back at the black and white shot up main street, we knew it was the place for us. On top of that the food was absolutely AMAZING and the service was great. Michelle Vellon I can not say enough words about...I am a wedding planner by profession so I am naturally detail oriented, and Michelle catered to my every need and every single email. She was so open to all of the ideas we had, and even customized our meals and appetizers exactly how we wanted them.

The only main complaint I have is the carpet in the dining room, it is very bold and for design it is not ideal. But I knew that if we made everything look nice no one would notice, and it really didn't matter! But it was a bit hard to plan around. If there was wood in there is would be the best ballroom space in Annapolis. It is unique in a sense that the ballroom can open up to the patio and has lots of natural light which is hard to find. We also had to do 2 tastings because the first one was not up to par, but the second absolutely blew us away and so did the food on the wedding day! We are so extremely happy with our decision and can not thank the Calvert House, Michelle, and her staff enough!!

We were just recently married at the Governor Calvert House (both our ceremony and reception were held here). Initially we were in contact with Michelle Vellon who was wonderful to work with. Towards the end, Rene Proctor was our go to person. I cant say a bad thing about either of them or the venue. We got rave reviews about the venue itself, the service, the food from all of our guests....everything from top to bottom was great. We did a buffet style dinner so we could ensure a relaxed environment and so guests could relax and eat as they please. Everything remained hot and was replaced immediately if it went empty. Even though Rene was off site the morning of our wedding, I didn't have a thing to worry about. Every detail was perfect, and I didn't have to worry about a thing on our wedding day. She cued us during our wedding when it was time to do certain things. The only thing I wish I had done differently was add extra time to the end because I wasn't ready for it to be over! I would recommend this venue in a heart beat!

Jill · Married on 04/18/2015

As the mother of the groom, I was not involved with the planning process but when we arrived for the reception, the dining room was decorated beautifully. We were able to use the patio which was great for people who wanted to be outside. The food was delicious and the portions large. The filet was so tender, the crab cakes were full of large chunks of crab and the lamb was perfectly cooked. The side dishes too were cooked just right and tasted great. I have no complaints whatsoever! I would highly recommend this venue for a wedding or other event.

My wedding was on 4/12/15 at the Governor Calvert House. It was a small wedding and Michelle was very willing to make accommodations for having only about 50 attendees. The venue was absolutely beautiful and the food was delicious. We had multiple people comment on how great of a location it was. Michelle was very responsive to all planning questions and was there for the entire event, which went off without a hitch. I could not have asked for a better ceremony or reception. I would highly recommend this place to anyone looking for a great venue!

Annika · Married on 12/13/2014

The Governor Calvert House was the perfect venue for our wedding and reception. Michelle Vellon and the rest of the staff did a beautiful job setting up our centerpieces and the rest of our decorations. Everything ran smoothly and gave me a stress-free wedding day. Our wedding cake was never delivered to the venue and Michelle called the and went to pick up our cake without me ever knowing anything went wrong! I love that they were so proactive and took care of everything! The venue itself is so beautiful and perfect for a downtown Annapolis wedding. We received so many complements on the beautiful space and location!

Michelle and her team were wonderful! Very responsive to all of my questions, easy to get in touch with. She was there the whole weekend and fully focused on our wedding and making sure it was perfect! I highly recommend her.

The booking of guest rooms was a bit tricky at times, so be sure to start that process early!

Michelle helped my groom and his parents plan the perfect Rehearsal Dinner. The food was delicious, the service was fantastic, it was a great start to the wedding weekend. I would highly recommend them. We wanted our reception here, but they were booked, so we are glad that they were able to accommodate us! My advice to future brides, contact them early as they do book quickly! (We were engaged 9/6/13 and I called 9/9/13 to see if they were available for 10/4/14 and they were already booked!

Dona · Married on 10/04/2014

My daughter's wedding reception was held at the Calvert House and it couldn't have been more perfect. Not only is the venue beautiful, Michelle and her staff were amazing. Michelle is professional in every way and did all she could to accommodate and work with us to make the day as special as it was. I knew that having Michelle there to make sure all went smoothly, we had nothing to worry about except enjoying the most incredible day in our lives. Not only was it a perfect setting, the food was delicious and the staff could not have been more professional, helpful and so nice! Our guests are STILL talking about what a wonderful time they had and how much they loved everything about the Calvert House. We cannot thank all of them enough - we walked away with memories we will never forget and will cherish for the rest of our lives.

We had our July wedding at the Governor Calvert House and would highly recommend this venue to anyone who is looking for a venue with lots of historical charm and character! We had many out of town guests that stayed at the Historic Inns and they all loved the venue and the town of Annapolis.

We held almost all wedding weekend events at the Inns: we held a Friday night dessert reception at the Maryland Inn; held our ceremony, cocktail hour, and reception at the Gov. Calvert House; and also a farewell Sunday breakfast at the Gov. Calvert House -- it was the perfect wedding weekend! Michelle and her staff at the Inns were such a pleasure to work with. The weekend ran so smoothly and went off without a hitch. I had so many vendors tell me that I was in good hands with Michelle, and they were right! She was super responsive throughout the planning process, handled the rehearsal and day of coordination with ease, and was also super helpful during the planning stages by recommending many great local vendors that we ultimately ended up booking. If you go with the venue, would also recommend renting the cafe lights - makes for great photos and many guests told us they felt like they were "in a movie." We could not be happier with our venue selection!

Liberty · Married on 07/04/2014

I just had my wedding and reception at The Historic Inns of Annapolis at The Governor Calvert House. This venue was absolutely perfect for our small wedding ceremony and reception (55 people in attendance). We had a Friday evening wedding and the cost was very affordable compared to other locations we considered. The venue itself is beautiful and requires very little extra decoration although we did decide to go with stringing some overhead lights. The food was fantastic (heavy hors d'oeuvres), the setting was gorgeous, and the event staff were so easy to work with. Overall, it was absolutely lovely. I would highly recommend it as a wedding and/or reception location.

I also have to mention that Michelle, the Events Coordinator, was responsive, flexible, professional and helpful. I enjoyed working with her. She made sure everything was organized. I did not have to worry about a thing. As a bride, that is invaluable.

The only difficulty I ran into had nothing to do with the event planning side of things. Rather it occurred in securing the room block and making sure the reservation process went smoothly for my guests. Everything worked out just fine but you may want to be sure you are clear about the terms and conditions up front (especially about the two night minimum on weekends). Make sure you get your questions answered upfront even if it takes a little extra leg work. Overall, with extra communication, it all worked out and they did work with me.

It is also important to note that several of my guests were unable to make it due to cancelled travel. The front desk/managerial staff were accommodating and understanding. They made an effort to work with me and my guests regarding cancelled reservations. In addition, they were extremely helpful the day of the event.

Again, I would highly recommend the Historic Inns of Annapolis as a venue.

Ashley · Married on 05/31/2014

First off, we looked at multiple venues in Annapolis. We live in North Carolina and my husbands family was from Annapolis. So I thought planning a wedding from out of state was going to be super stressful and difficult.

Michelle made my wedding planning SO easy. Talk about being on her game, she was awesome. Professional, caring, and a good resource for information. She was fast to respond to all emails and get my answers for any questions that myself or my family had during the planning.

This is THE prettiest venue in Annapolis. It needs the least amount of flowers to make the space stunning, because it already it.
    The prices per plate were actually reasonable as well. (about $95-100)
    I will forever be thankful to Michelle for making my wedding day and planning run so smoothly.

We held our wedding reception at Governor Calvert House in April, and it was everything we could have dreamed of, and more. My husband and I knew GCH was the venue for us during our first visit! We looked at each other and said, "this is the one!" The venue is in an amazing location in downtown Annapolis, and has the most wonderful classic atmosphere. Michelle is their coordinator, and she is the best! She is extremely responsive and organized; she was always exceeding our expectations. The rest of the staff is just as wonderful - every person we interacted with was so helpful and friendly. Our guests had a wonderful time, and the guests that stayed overnight had a great experience with the hotel as well. The food is so delicious! Our guests were raving about it, and the hors d'oeuvres in particular. Every part of the night was so amazing, and we were able to enjoy every minute of it because Michelle and the staff had everything under control. We highly recommend this venue! We wish we could do our wedding there all over again. :)

• W

Wes · Married on 12/21/2013

10 out of 10 A+++. Michelle and her staff at the Governor Calvert House and historic inns of Annapolis are an exceptional crew that can accommodate any of your wedding needs. The staff was flexible and responsive, and we surely out them to the test, with a wedding of 200+ guests, and nearly all of their hotel rooms booked by our wedding guests. They ordered all custom tables, chairs, and place settings for our reception dinner, facilitated a decadent food tasting prior to the reception, and we're consummately flexibility to our every desire. During the weekend, we had full access to the facility and the resources of Michelle and her staff, and she truly goes above and beyond to make your wedding worry free. Would recommend again and again, and my only complain is that our reception seemed to go by too quickly as every detail was perfectly executed. -Ria and Wes