Historic Ashland Reviews

57 | Wrightsville, PA

57 Reviews for Historic Ashland

Melissa M. · Getting married on 12/10/2021

Perfection!

I have so many amazing things to say about Historic Ashland, I don't even know where to begin! My now-husband and I booked this venue back in 2019 for our 2020 wedding. Needless to say, we had no idea of the difficulties 2020 would bring for weddings. We were fortunate enough to still get married on our original date and the HA team was with us every step of the way. The team was impeccable in their communication, about COVID concerns and general wedding planning. They have a long, detailed list of amazing vendors. I am very much not a planner but they made everything as easy as possible and were very timely in all responses. The venue itself is absolutely stunning. The grounds are beautiful kept, the get ready spaces are spotless and perfectly decorated but still warm and inviting. Every guest at our wedding made a point to tell us what a beautiful venue we had selected. Without a doubt, I would recommend this spot to anyone!

Sent on 11/18/2020

Nick B. · Getting married on 10/08/2021

100% Recommend!!!

100% Recommend! My wife and I looked at several wedding venues and were starting to get sick of the process. Most of the venues treated you as a "number or just another potential customer", until we stumbled upon Historic Ashland. Leah and her staff treated us as if we were friends/family and wanted us to be part of what she calls the "Ashland Family". The venue is amazing and our day was perfect! Her list of preferred vendors are on the list for a reason, as they share the same values as her team does. I cannot say enough great things about this place. If you are looking for much more than just a "sales pitch" and someone who is going to work hard to make your wedding day just as you wished, look no further than Historic Ashland!

Sent on 08/28/2020
  • Paige

Paige K. · Getting married on 06/07/2021

this venue is THEBOMB.COM

Um... this place is AMAZING. My husband and I got married this summer after rescheduling our wedding three times due to COVID. Leah and Amanda were both thebomb.com when it came to being flexible, supportive, and making sure we still got to have the wedding of our dreams. On top of all of that, the venue itself is gorgeous and modern, Leah did an incredible job curating HA to be perfect wedding location - we checked out a lot of places and nothing stood a chance against HA. HA has relationships with so many great vendors that allow you to have an affordable, but still beautiful wedding (or boujee if that's your ~vibe~). 1000% recommend any day, erryday

Sent on 09/02/2020
  • Maggie

Maggie A. · Married on 12/09/2020

Amazing venue run by amazing staff

Oh my! The BEST wedding venue and staff ever!! When my husband and I got engaged, we knew that we wanted to be married within the same year and sometime in the fall, we immediately reached out to several venues looking for availability and HA responded immediately and set up a date for us to come tour! We toured with Patti and while we absolutely fell in love with the venue, it was truly her personality and the comfort level we had with her that made us instantly choose HA. Fast forward a few months and Covid completely crashed everyone’s plans, but HA helped us throughout the entire process and made wedding planning so much easier! We had initially planned a wedding for 150 people but about 6 weeks before the wedding, we completely changed to a microwedding with only 30 people. Leah and Amanda were lifesavers and helped us completely redesign our wedding to have a much more intimate reception. The day of the wedding was absolutely perfect, Leah and Amanda took care of everything and orchestrated the entire event so seamlessly. My husband and I had joked throughout our planning process that wedding’s were Murphy’s Law in action, where if anything can go wrong, it will. Following our wedding, we both can truthfully say nothing went wrong, and it was in fact perfect. HA is entirely to thank, and we are so grateful to be a part of the HA family. If you are looking for a wedding venue where you will feel like part of the family and want everything to run smoothly, this is the place for you!

Sent on 10/31/2020

Brooke M. · Married on 08/20/2020

Best venue ever

If you need a venue, look no further! Historic Ashland is the best venue ever! Leah, Leah, and Amanda are all amazing to work with and were so attentive to our needs the entire day as well as all throughout the planning process! My husband and I were supposes to get married next March, but the military had other plans for us. Leah was wonderful in helping us seamlessly change our date and vendors to 7 months sooner than planned. Everything about the venue is breathtaking. I got so many compliments all night on how beautiful the venue is and how smooth everything was run! I am forever grateful for this venue and all they did for us to make our wedding so perfect!

Sent on 08/21/2020
  • Katie

Katie S. · Married on 07/03/2020

Dream wedding

I recently had my 10.9.2020 DREAM WEDDING at Historic Ashland! I had visions as to what our wedding would look like, and it really was better than anything I could have ever imagined. A year and a half ago, when we set foot on the property and met Leah, my fiancé and I knew the venue was a perfect fit for us. We wanted an outdoor ceremony and the property here is GORGEOUS! They also have 3 different outdoor ceremony spots to choose from. Leah is an absolute dream to work with. She is super professional, but also a blast! We unfortunately (like many 2020 brides) had to postpone our July wedding to October and Leah made the process so stress-free. She allowed us to easily pick another date and she even took the time to reach out to ALL of our vendors to find out their availability for our new potential dates. She checked in on us ALL THE TIME as restrictions were changing by the day. Just to see how we were doing, what we envisioned for our wedding, etc. Throughout the process, Leah went from a vendor to a friend. And after everything, our wedding day could not have been more perfect or beautiful. Leah and Amanda are amazing and made our day FUN and stress free. OH! One of my absolute favorite parts about the venue (and there's a lot) is the bridal suite! Or should I say bridal MANSION. My girls and I had so much space to get ready and it made the day so fun and special. My girls LOVED it! The getting ready space is not something you normally worry about for your big day, but to me it was SUPER important considering you spend half your day there!

Sent on 10/15/2020
  • Miranda

Miranda H. · Married on 06/22/2020

“Plan B” Wedding

At the last minute we had to change our destination wedding to a local wedding due to Covid. Leah was fantastic! We went to tour the venue about 2 months before our intended date and Leah said to me “you seem stressed” and I was like yeah... I have to plan my wedding in 2 months, her response was “we got this!” And let me tell she had it all covered and it was perfect. I honestly think it was better than what we originally wanted! She had an awesome list vendors and everyone really just made us feel at ease and like planning a whole wedding in 2 months is a breeze. We got SO many compliments on the venue the night of, our guests were absolutely stunned by the venue and how everything turned out with such a short turnaround time. I cannot recommend Historic Ashland enough. My parents are already talking about another event we could host there in the future, it was perfect!

Sent on 10/24/2020

Kim C. · Married on 06/11/2020

Nothing less than Perfect!

Leah and her coordinator, Amanda, at the Historic Ashland made my son’s recent wedding nothing less than perfect! Leah’s personal investment and hard work she has put into the venue will not disappoint. From our first meeting with Leah, she was extremely accommodating and super nice to work with! The property is gorgeous; from the mansion for the bride’s own quarters, and the groom’s, to the beautifully renovated barn for the reception, as well as accommodations for an outdoor or indoor wedding, the property is beautifully landscaped and well maintained. Beautiful scenery for all your photos! The Historic Ashland is a five star venue – would highly recommend for your magical day—you will be amazingly happy that you did!

Sent on 01/10/2021
  • Rachel

Rachel T. · Married on 05/08/2020

So many options!

I knew from the moment I catered a wedding at Historic Ashland that it was where I wanted to get married once I got engaged. I've worked all over the area and I think that Ashland is one of the best venues in York, honestly #1. The place itself is GORGEOUS and you get the venue for the entire day. It also offers a variety of places to have the ceremony, including rain plans on both levels of the lodge. To top it off, Leah & Amanda are just incredible to work with! They are so dedicated to making every brides dream day a reality in any way they can. I could never say enough good things about either one of them!

Sent on 10/22/2019

Courtney B. · Married on 04/23/2020

ABSOLUTELY AMAZING, we cannot recommend Historic Ashland enough.

My husband and I were to have a destination wedding in April 2020 but you can already guess... COVID19 had other plans, making us have to start planning a wedding all over again only two weeks before we were to leave. With me being a nurse and my husband being a UPS driver, the option to reschedule for later in the year was next to impossible and we didn’t want to wait until 2021. We decided to reach out to local venues and see what they could offer us for an intimate elopement as neither of us really wanted a big wedding anyway. From the first time I viewed Historic Ashland’s website, I was hooked. The venue is absolutely beautiful! Leah is just as wonderful, she checked in on us weekly to see how everything was going and kept us up to date on the governs COVID19 rules which truly kept us at ease. My husband and I decided we wanted our elopement to feel as real as possible, including a bride and groom suite to get ready in, a first dance, cake cutting and champagne toast. And... you guessed it, Leah made that happen! She did everything she could to make our wedding dreams come true. Now here we are, two months later and couldn't be happier with the way our wedding turned out. Everything about our big day was perfect and everything I dreamed of as a little girl. Even after our wedding, Leah has kept in touch. She has become more than our wedding venue’s owner, she has become a friend. We look forward to hosting future events at Historic Ashland and getting the pleasure to work with Leah again. We cannot recommend Leah and her venue enough! If we had to plan our wedding all over again, We’d still pick Historic Ashland.

Sent on 08/12/2020

Liz B. · Married on 01/12/2020

Perfect winter wedding!

Words will never do this venue and our experience justice. Leah is amazing. She was attentive to our needs and was there every step of the way, ready to answer any questions we had. She gave us honest recommendations which I feel is hard to find in the wedding industry. It was made very clear she wanted to make a genuine connection with us and our wedding and wasn’t just looking for a sale. The property is beyond stunning and everything we were looking for. We loved that we had total privacy being the only event on site for our entire day. The Mansion is bridal perfection. The beauty bar made it so easy for my hair and makeup artists to work efficiently. The detail in the Cottage for the men to get ready in was amazing. The Lodge was everything we could have dreamed of for our winter wedding setting. I can not recommend Historic Ashland, Leah and her team enough!

Sent on 05/18/2020
  • Kelly

Stacey · Married on 11/16/2019

Absolutely stunning venue with the most welcoming team!

Leah, Amanda, and the entire Historic Ashland team are absolutely wonderful! Leah’s energy and positivity is infectious in the best way possible.

So a little backstory...we lost our original wedding venue just under 4weeks our from our wedding. After a few sleepless nights, searching and trying to figure out what we were going to do, we stumbled upon Historic Ashland. My sister (MOH) made the first call and spoke with Leah. She immediately called me and said “Kelly- you are going to love it here. Leah is so awesome and is going to help you pull this off without people even knowing you’re doing this all in a matter of days.”

Boy was she right! I got to meet Leah & Amanda the following week (2weeks out from wedding day) and they were so warm and inviting. I knew from the moment I met them that this was all meant to happen.

Amanda, the day-of-coordinator through HA was the SWEETEST! She ensured everything was sorted out ahead of time and that everyone was on the same page leading up to and including the day of. Both Leah & Amanda were always available whenever I had a question/comment/concern.

Now for the actual venue space. HOLY. SMOKES. Historic Ashland is absolutely beautiful! There is very minimal decor that the bride & groom have to bring because the space is so beautiful on its own. We had our ceremony indoors on the first floor and it was so romantic and intimate. That space then become cocktail hour which flowed very smoothly thanks to the HA Team!

The reception space upstairs was great because we could do what we wanted with the space. We decided on a head table in the middle amongst the guest tables which really made my husband and I feel like we were including everyone in our day as opposed to just sitting by ourselves away from everyone. The dance floor was HUGE which was great for our dancing crowd ;) The loft area overlooking the reception space was also a nice size area. We chose to use it for a “Kids Zone” where the little ones could run around, sit and draw, or just be in their own space supervised by babysitters that we hired so that the parents could be downstairs enjoying the evening with the adults.

All in all, Historic Ashland really solidified my belief that “everything happens for a reason.” Thank you so much to Leah, Amanda, and the Historic Ashland family for sharing your venue with my husband, family, friends and I for an unforgettable night!

Sent on 05/15/2020

Edward R. · Married on 11/10/2019

Great event venue - wedding or non-wedding

Historic Ashland is a beautiful venue situated amid the rolling farmlands of south central Pennsylvania. The renovated barn has been lovingly updated with accessible bathrooms, a wonderful fireplace and great natural light for daytime events. All the updates reflect a respect for the past while still affording modern comfort. Leah is a great hostess; she makes everything go smoothly throughout the planning process and the event day was flawless.

Sent on 11/13/2019

Anne · Married on 10/05/2019

Perfect wedding

Leah and Amanda at Historic Ashland were a joy to work with and so helpful with our planning process. The venue is gorgeous; guests raved about how amazing the venue itself was. There are some great options on the required vendors list and we had no trouble at all coordinating everything, especially with Amanda's help. Everything about the day was perfect; we couldn't have asked for anything more!

Sent on 10/18/2019
  • Lauren

Lauren L. · Married on 10/04/2019

Definitely Recommend

My husband and I got married at Historic Ashland last year (October 4, 2019) and we loved everything about this venue so for those of you who like their reviews short and sweet, I would 100% recommend Historic Ashland.

For those of you who like the details, I toured various venue locations but knew after seeing Ashland and meeting Leah that Historic Ashland was the perfect fit for us. The venue itself does not need much decor as it is beautiful as is. I loved that there were multiple outdoor options for ceremonies with additional options for indoor. Both the bridal and grooms suites were generous in space and very accommodating for all our needs on the wedding day. Leah and Amanda (my day of coordinator) were always willing to provide recommendations with honestly everything leading up to our wedding - rentals, vendors, locations for rehearsal dinner, decor, etc. They were super efficient with the planning process, as well as the wedding day itself. They made us feel extra special and helped make our wedding dreams come true!

Sent on 10/08/2020
  • Ali

Ali M. · Married on 09/14/2019

Best wedding day!!

My husband and I could not recommend historic Ashland and the entire team you get with them enough! The first visit of the property blew us away! Leah was so down to earth and fun to meet that first day and she stayed a part of the entire wedding process! She was always a text or email away! And she’s a total riot which is a breath of fresh air when you get stressed with wedding planning!

Amanda, our day of coordinator, was way more than a day of coordinator! She made the planning process seamless, she contacts all vendors on your behalf to organize day of details! She is also the most calming energy, it’s hard to worry about anything because Amanda makes you feel that everything will be perfect! We loved having her such a big part of our wedding day!

And the venue speaks for itself, the lodge is beautiful and I loved that it was printed grey. There are lots of ceremony site options, and photo op spots on the property!

Wish we could relive our wedding day every year at Ashland!! Thanks again for making our day so memorable!!

Sent on 10/20/2019
  • Jane

Jane C. · Married on 07/12/2019

Amazing and Wonderful

Leah and Amanda are an amazing team! Our wedding day was perfect! They thought of everything and took care of everything. We felt like royalty! Not only were they amazing, but the venue is absolutely beautiful!

Sent on 08/31/2019
  • Emily

Emily R. · Married on 06/28/2019

Breathtaking!! Leah was so accommodating and easy to work with

I got married at Historic Ashland in June and it was everything I ever dreamed of. The venue is truly breathtaking and had all the features I needed for my wedding day. Leah and her team were amazing from the very beginning. She always had the answer to my questions and made me feel so comfortable. The day was truly magical and I am so thankful to their team for making the day run so smoothly and for being so organized :)

Sent on 10/31/2019

Cortney W. · Married on 06/22/2019

June 22, historic Ashland was amazing

My wife and I got married at Historic Ashland on 6/22/19. It was an incredible day - Perfect weather and beautiful ceremony followed by an amazing reception. We got so many compliments during and after the wedding about how beautiful the venue was! Leah was fantastic and super helpful throughout the entire process from beginning to end. She even helped bartend throughout the night when the bar was backed up (even though we told our caterer to bring more bartenders). Overall it was a perfect day. I was lucky enough to be the contractor to replace the windows at the mansion, so I got to see the venue before it was renovated. All I can say is wow! They did an amazing job turning an old civil war house and barn into a gorgeous wedding venue. Definitely a must see if you are in the market for a wedding!

Sent on 10/16/2019
  • Nick

Nick P. · Married on 06/15/2019

Wedding was great

Leah is the definition of class. Her family and her put on a great wedding for us and they helped out with a bunch of stuff. We were extremely grateful for her. The venue is gorgeous

Sent on 06/18/2019

Marisa B. · Married on 05/25/2019

Dream location!

Wish I could give more than 5 stars. Great people to work with, great venue, & great experience overall! Leah & Amanda made our wedding day perfect! Everything came together as we talked about and my husband and I were highly satisfied :)

Sent on 07/05/2019

Cassandra · Married on 05/18/2019

I cannot wait to have my wedding on may 18, 2019 here at historic Ashland! All the services and staff have been fantastic. Leah, has a such a fun, lively energetic personality which makes it's super easy and enjoyful to work and plan with! The Dedication put into this venue is tremendous. Thank you Leah and the historic Ashland staff for such a great experience !!

Sent on 08/14/2017

Historic Ashland's reply:

Thank you Cassie. You and Harvey have been supporters of the project from the very beginning and I cannot thank you enough for trusting me with your wedding day so early in the process. Your 2019 wedding is going to be an amazing day!
  • Felicia

Felicia · Married on 05/07/2019

Above and Beyond Expectations!

Historic Ashland is such an amazing venue. Leah was there for us before we even booked at Historic Ashland. She took time to answer questions and allow us to feel comfortable before booking. Leading up to the wedding, she was always in contact with details and information we may need. She went above and beyond on the wedding day. She oversaw the set up and made sure everything ran smoothly. It was a pleasure to work with Leah and the staff at Historic Ashland. It is such a beautiful and versatile venue. I love that you have the whole venue for yourself for the entire day of your event. Thank you Leah and Historic Ashland for making our day so special! PS–Leah is there for all your dress fluffing and veil needs 👰🏼

Sent on 06/10/2019

Julie B. · Married on 04/19/2019

You won't regret Leah and Historic Ashland!

There is just so much to say about Leah and her GORGEOUS venue that I'll try my best to keep it concise as possible!
    My Husband and I went venue "shopping" with my mom about a year and a few months prior to our big day which is when we met with Leah, the GM of Historic Ashland. Before we even got to talking about venue/wedding details, she was asking us about our story and just about us, which was a huge hit! We loved that Leah was so interested and invested in us as a couple and not just another pair of people looking to use the space for the wedding. Once we began talking about our day, details and feels that we wanted, and we toured the venue, there were zero questions in our minds that we were going to use Historic Ashland as our venue. It is absolutely stunning!! Even though the venue hadn't hosted its first wedding until a few months later, we could envision ourselves and guests in the space. Leah had thought of EVERYTHING , even down to the door knobs and toilet paper holders (haha!). My husband and I fell in love with the idea that we could both be on the property to get ready but in totally separate spaces; the men in the original (restored) cottage to the property and the ladies in the updated mansion.
    As Leah has gotten into the swing of a full-time wedding venue, she has continued to build upon beautifying the space and by the time April came for our wedding, we were BLOWN AWAY with many additional features including lights draped throughout the beams in the reception hall and the addition of the patio/pergola outside for the cocktail hour (we were inside, upstairs in front of the grand fireplace for our wedding due to rain, but it wasn't an "option B", more like "option A inside" vs "option A outside").
    My husband and I are also so thankful for Leah's dad, who not only directed parking traffic, but also helped move my grandmother from ceremony, to cocktail hour, to reception; she couldn't stop talking about how kind and thoughtful he was!
    Leah has literally thought (and continues to think) of everything you could possibly want in a venue! She knows what she wants to do, how she wants to do it or have it completed and isn't afraid to speak her mind. Leah was also wonderful with communication which my husband and I truly couldn't be more thankful for.
    You will not be disappointed with Leah at Historic Ashland!!

Sent on 06/02/2019

Darty H. · Married on 03/10/2019

More than weddings

Although we did not host a wedding at Historic Ashland we did host a photography workshop at this remarkable venue. Leah and her team were incredible to work with. The customer service and attention to detail made our first SYNC UP workshop one to remember. Our attendees loved the uniqueness of the venue. We would recommend Historic Ashland for weddings and other events.

Sent on 10/31/2019