Historic Ashland Reviews

45 Reviews for Historic Ashland

• Rachel

Rachel Trabert · Married on 05/08/2020

So many options!

I knew from the moment I catered a wedding at Historic Ashland that it was where I wanted to get married once I got engaged. I've worked all over the area and I think that Ashland is one of the best venues in York, honestly #1. The place itself is GORGEOUS and you get the venue for the entire day. It also offers a variety of places to have the ceremony, including rain plans on both levels of the lodge. To top it off, Leah & Amanda are just incredible to work with! They are so dedicated to making every brides dream day a reality in any way they can. I could never say enough good things about either one of them!

Sent on 10/22/2019

Liz Bechtold · Married on 01/12/2020

Perfect winter wedding!

Words will never do this venue and our experience justice. Leah is amazing. She was attentive to our needs and was there every step of the way, ready to answer any questions we had. She gave us honest recommendations which I feel is hard to find in the wedding industry. It was made very clear she wanted to make a genuine connection with us and our wedding and wasn’t just looking for a sale. The property is beyond stunning and everything we were looking for. We loved that we had total privacy being the only event on site for our entire day. The Mansion is bridal perfection. The beauty bar made it so easy for my hair and makeup artists to work efficiently. The detail in the Cottage for the men to get ready in was amazing. The Lodge was everything we could have dreamed of for our winter wedding setting. I can not recommend Historic Ashland, Leah and her team enough!

Sent on 05/18/2020
  • Kelly

Stacey · Married on 11/16/2019

Absolutely stunning venue with the most welcoming team!

Leah, Amanda, and the entire Historic Ashland team are absolutely wonderful! Leah’s energy and positivity is infectious in the best way possible.

So a little backstory...we lost our original wedding venue just under 4weeks our from our wedding. After a few sleepless nights, searching and trying to figure out what we were going to do, we stumbled upon Historic Ashland. My sister (MOH) made the first call and spoke with Leah. She immediately called me and said “Kelly- you are going to love it here. Leah is so awesome and is going to help you pull this off without people even knowing you’re doing this all in a matter of days.”

Boy was she right! I got to meet Leah & Amanda the following week (2weeks out from wedding day) and they were so warm and inviting. I knew from the moment I met them that this was all meant to happen.

Amanda, the day-of-coordinator through HA was the SWEETEST! She ensured everything was sorted out ahead of time and that everyone was on the same page leading up to and including the day of. Both Leah & Amanda were always available whenever I had a question/comment/concern.

Now for the actual venue space. HOLY. SMOKES. Historic Ashland is absolutely beautiful! There is very minimal decor that the bride & groom have to bring because the space is so beautiful on its own. We had our ceremony indoors on the first floor and it was so romantic and intimate. That space then become cocktail hour which flowed very smoothly thanks to the HA Team!

The reception space upstairs was great because we could do what we wanted with the space. We decided on a head table in the middle amongst the guest tables which really made my husband and I feel like we were including everyone in our day as opposed to just sitting by ourselves away from everyone. The dance floor was HUGE which was great for our dancing crowd ;) The loft area overlooking the reception space was also a nice size area. We chose to use it for a “Kids Zone” where the little ones could run around, sit and draw, or just be in their own space supervised by babysitters that we hired so that the parents could be downstairs enjoying the evening with the adults.

All in all, Historic Ashland really solidified my belief that “everything happens for a reason.” Thank you so much to Leah, Amanda, and the Historic Ashland family for sharing your venue with my husband, family, friends and I for an unforgettable night!

Sent on 05/15/2020

Edward Ritter · Married on 11/10/2019

Great event venue - wedding or non-wedding

Historic Ashland is a beautiful venue situated amid the rolling farmlands of south central Pennsylvania. The renovated barn has been lovingly updated with accessible bathrooms, a wonderful fireplace and great natural light for daytime events. All the updates reflect a respect for the past while still affording modern comfort. Leah is a great hostess; she makes everything go smoothly throughout the planning process and the event day was flawless.

Sent on 11/13/2019

Anne · Married on 10/05/2019

Perfect wedding

Leah and Amanda at Historic Ashland were a joy to work with and so helpful with our planning process. The venue is gorgeous; guests raved about how amazing the venue itself was. There are some great options on the required vendors list and we had no trouble at all coordinating everything, especially with Amanda's help. Everything about the day was perfect; we couldn't have asked for anything more!

Sent on 10/18/2019
  • Ali

Ali Marshall · Married on 09/14/2019

Best wedding day!!

My husband and I could not recommend historic Ashland and the entire team you get with them enough! The first visit of the property blew us away! Leah was so down to earth and fun to meet that first day and she stayed a part of the entire wedding process! She was always a text or email away! And she’s a total riot which is a breath of fresh air when you get stressed with wedding planning!

Amanda, our day of coordinator, was way more than a day of coordinator! She made the planning process seamless, she contacts all vendors on your behalf to organize day of details! She is also the most calming energy, it’s hard to worry about anything because Amanda makes you feel that everything will be perfect! We loved having her such a big part of our wedding day!

And the venue speaks for itself, the lodge is beautiful and I loved that it was printed grey. There are lots of ceremony site options, and photo op spots on the property!

Wish we could relive our wedding day every year at Ashland!! Thanks again for making our day so memorable!!

Sent on 10/20/2019
  • Jane

Jane Conrad · Married on 07/12/2019

Amazing and Wonderful

Leah and Amanda are an amazing team! Our wedding day was perfect! They thought of everything and took care of everything. We felt like royalty! Not only were they amazing, but the venue is absolutely beautiful!

Sent on 08/31/2019
  • Emily

Emily Ransing · Married on 06/28/2019

Breathtaking!! Leah was so accommodating and easy to work with

I got married at Historic Ashland in June and it was everything I ever dreamed of. The venue is truly breathtaking and had all the features I needed for my wedding day. Leah and her team were amazing from the very beginning. She always had the answer to my questions and made me feel so comfortable. The day was truly magical and I am so thankful to their team for making the day run so smoothly and for being so organized :)

Sent on 10/31/2019

Cortney Wesner · Married on 06/22/2019

June 22, historic Ashland was amazing

My wife and I got married at Historic Ashland on 6/22/19. It was an incredible day - Perfect weather and beautiful ceremony followed by an amazing reception. We got so many compliments during and after the wedding about how beautiful the venue was! Leah was fantastic and super helpful throughout the entire process from beginning to end. She even helped bartend throughout the night when the bar was backed up (even though we told our caterer to bring more bartenders). Overall it was a perfect day. I was lucky enough to be the contractor to replace the windows at the mansion, so I got to see the venue before it was renovated. All I can say is wow! They did an amazing job turning an old civil war house and barn into a gorgeous wedding venue. Definitely a must see if you are in the market for a wedding!

Sent on 10/16/2019
  • Nick

Nick Pavlosky · Married on 06/15/2019

Wedding was great

Leah is the definition of class. Her family and her put on a great wedding for us and they helped out with a bunch of stuff. We were extremely grateful for her. The venue is gorgeous

Sent on 06/18/2019

Marisa Bloss · Married on 05/25/2019

Dream location!

Wish I could give more than 5 stars. Great people to work with, great venue, & great experience overall! Leah & Amanda made our wedding day perfect! Everything came together as we talked about and my husband and I were highly satisfied :)

Sent on 07/05/2019

Cassandra · Married on 05/18/2019

I cannot wait to have my wedding on may 18, 2019 here at historic Ashland! All the services and staff have been fantastic. Leah, has a such a fun, lively energetic personality which makes it's super easy and enjoyful to work and plan with! The Dedication put into this venue is tremendous. Thank you Leah and the historic Ashland staff for such a great experience !!

Sent on 08/14/2017

Historic Ashland's reply:

Thank you Cassie. You and Harvey have been supporters of the project from the very beginning and I cannot thank you enough for trusting me with your wedding day so early in the process. Your 2019 wedding is going to be an amazing day!
  • Felicia

Felicia · Married on 05/07/2019

Above and Beyond Expectations!

Historic Ashland is such an amazing venue. Leah was there for us before we even booked at Historic Ashland. She took time to answer questions and allow us to feel comfortable before booking. Leading up to the wedding, she was always in contact with details and information we may need. She went above and beyond on the wedding day. She oversaw the set up and made sure everything ran smoothly. It was a pleasure to work with Leah and the staff at Historic Ashland. It is such a beautiful and versatile venue. I love that you have the whole venue for yourself for the entire day of your event. Thank you Leah and Historic Ashland for making our day so special! PS–Leah is there for all your dress fluffing and veil needs 👰🏼

Sent on 06/10/2019

Julie Brown · Married on 04/19/2019

You won't regret Leah and Historic Ashland!

There is just so much to say about Leah and her GORGEOUS venue that I'll try my best to keep it concise as possible!
    My Husband and I went venue "shopping" with my mom about a year and a few months prior to our big day which is when we met with Leah, the GM of Historic Ashland. Before we even got to talking about venue/wedding details, she was asking us about our story and just about us, which was a huge hit! We loved that Leah was so interested and invested in us as a couple and not just another pair of people looking to use the space for the wedding. Once we began talking about our day, details and feels that we wanted, and we toured the venue, there were zero questions in our minds that we were going to use Historic Ashland as our venue. It is absolutely stunning!! Even though the venue hadn't hosted its first wedding until a few months later, we could envision ourselves and guests in the space. Leah had thought of EVERYTHING , even down to the door knobs and toilet paper holders (haha!). My husband and I fell in love with the idea that we could both be on the property to get ready but in totally separate spaces; the men in the original (restored) cottage to the property and the ladies in the updated mansion.
    As Leah has gotten into the swing of a full-time wedding venue, she has continued to build upon beautifying the space and by the time April came for our wedding, we were BLOWN AWAY with many additional features including lights draped throughout the beams in the reception hall and the addition of the patio/pergola outside for the cocktail hour (we were inside, upstairs in front of the grand fireplace for our wedding due to rain, but it wasn't an "option B", more like "option A inside" vs "option A outside").
    My husband and I are also so thankful for Leah's dad, who not only directed parking traffic, but also helped move my grandmother from ceremony, to cocktail hour, to reception; she couldn't stop talking about how kind and thoughtful he was!
    Leah has literally thought (and continues to think) of everything you could possibly want in a venue! She knows what she wants to do, how she wants to do it or have it completed and isn't afraid to speak her mind. Leah was also wonderful with communication which my husband and I truly couldn't be more thankful for.
    You will not be disappointed with Leah at Historic Ashland!!

Sent on 06/02/2019

Darty Hines · Married on 03/10/2019

More than weddings

Although we did not host a wedding at Historic Ashland we did host a photography workshop at this remarkable venue. Leah and her team were incredible to work with. The customer service and attention to detail made our first SYNC UP workshop one to remember. Our attendees loved the uniqueness of the venue. We would recommend Historic Ashland for weddings and other events.

Sent on 10/31/2019
  • Abby

Abby Clinton · Married on 11/11/2018

Beyond expectations

We toured Historic Ashland when it was first being built in nov 2017 and now had our wedding there in November 2018. Historic Ashland checked everything off our dream list and more. We loved the classy design throughout that we personalized with a few special touches but it really needs no “decorating”. One of our favorite features was the climate controlled lodge/barn for indoor ceremony options and heating/AC for whatever weather chooses to come- it made it one less thing to worry about. We also really loved the separate buildings for the groom and bride to get ready in.
    Historic Ashland has so many ceremony site options you can really customize it to whatever you want.
    The property is so beautiful we even chose to have our engagement pics here.
    Leah- the owner- is extremely responsive, supportive, energetic and accessible she worked with us to ensure everything was lined up and ready. We also worked with Amanda of Elysian Event Company and Ashland’s coordinator- she was a dream and handled every little set up and tear down detail. Leah and Amanda also took great care to ensure our elderly guests/grandparents were always escorted from mansion to ceremony to reception- even bringing a golf cart right to them. It was very nice to have our parents not have to worry about this. We had a buffet meal and Leah herself served and brought my Grandma’s plate to her seat. My Grandma said she felt like royalty the whole day- and I have to agree- we did too. It was better than we had even envisioned. You truly do become a part of the Ashland family.

Sent on 12/09/2018

sarah · Married on 10/27/2018

We are scheduled to have our wedding on 27 Oct 2018 at Historic Ashland. The owners and manager/planner, Leah, are all so nice. They have such great visions for this venue and keep us updated and new projects and when it will be completed. This venue is really worth seeing and worth the price. I really love how the barn will be climate controlled, that is really hard to find in central PA! The bridal party have the mansion the whole day and it is so gorgeous and unique! Leah is always opened to ideas and hearing what you want. I can't wait to see the finished product this fall and do not let that deter you from seeing this estate and booking your wedding there!

Sent on 08/14/2017

Historic Ashland's reply:

Thank you for your kind words Sarah! You are our very FIRST booking and I'm so glad it was you. We cannot wait for your special day next fall!

Celeste Barnes · Married on 10/16/2018

Historic Ashland is the best.

Leah at Historic Ashland is committed to making each bride's vision a reality. All of the guests at my daughter's recent wedding commented that the facilities at Historic Ashland were the best they have ever been to, bar none. This facility is top shelf.

Sent on 10/16/2018
  • Jenna

Jenna · Married on 10/14/2018

Stunning venue, amazing staff, everything we dreamed!

Wow, what a place! The lodge was a gorgeous setting for our celebration. We were doing a bit of an oddball thing—having our sides compete in games to decide our last name. Leah was totally down and supported us 100% in using her space so unconventionally. The result was SO MUCH FUN, and the lodge was absolutely stunning for everything including the games, ceremony and reception.

We planned to be outdoors but the weather didn't cooperate—Leah was quick to offer some backup ideas, and our indoor setting was gorgeous and the experience was seamless despite it not being our original plan! It wasn't even a problem.

Leah was personable, accommodating, professional and super easy to work with. She and her staff were on top of everything! Her father even helped us hang some lanterns.

We could not have had a more special day. Thank you Leah and the Historic Ashland!

Pat · Married on 10/14/2018

Perfect Venue

I researched over 30 venues and visited close to a dozen and I cried with joy when I first visited Historic Ashland! I knew I had found the perfect venue!
    Leah, Jeff, and Pat made my daughter’s wedding celebration so special! The spacious downstairs of the beautiful Lodge provided the perfect setting for the Games and Cocktail Hour! We had the ceremony upstairs and it worked perfectly and seeing my daughter’s joyful and beautiful smile as she affirmed her vows with the glow of the fireplace and candles behind her is forever imprinted in my mind! The venue looked stunning!
    Funny thing is...although we planned to be outside and we were looking forward to using the lovely outdoor space for the games and ceremony, we were not in the least disappointed that it rained! How many Mother of the Brides could say that rain on your daughter’s wedding celebration is no big deal?!
    We appreciated all the help that Leah, Jeff, and Pat gave us with the set up for the day. They were all awesome!
    Leah was assessable, competent, knowledgeable, professional, and helpful throughout the planning process. She also was a delight to work with! She helped to bring my daughter’s dream wedding celebration to fruition! I felt relief that we were in good hands and her professionalism gave me confidence that everything would come together smoothly and it did!
    Historic Ashland was the perfect venue and I highly recommend it!

Sent on 10/21/2018

Alissa · Married on 10/06/2018

This venue is one of a kind! Although the venue is still under construction, we can see how special Ashland truly is. We toured on a rainy day, in the mud and still new immediately that this is where we wanted to get married. Leah is wonderful to work and so fun! She really brings every detail to life for you. A few weeks after reserving our date we came back for a tour with our family and the progress was amazing! The mansion is absolutely stunning and has everything a bride and her bridal party needs and more! The barn is going to be amazing and unlike other barns in the area. I love that Ashland really gives every bride the opportunity to make the barn their own, whether you are looking to go rustic or more modern. I can't say enough good things about Ashland and am so excited to see the finish product!

Sent on 09/27/2017

Historic Ashland's reply:

Thank you for your kind words Alissa. It has been so awesome getting to know you and your family throughout this process. It's amazing to work with such great people that are not just your clients, but become your friends in the process. Your vision for your Wedding is amazing and your day is going to be nothing less!

Taylor · Married on 10/06/2018

I can't say enough AMAZING things about this venue!! The staff was on point, the moment you step onto the venue - you can tell just how beautiful it is (inside and out - a photographer's best hopes), and everything was all we could've wished for and more.

Leah is a dream and has been there 150% for my best friend since day 1 of inquiring. On your wedding day, she is both a trusted friend and the lady who gets things done!! She is always making sure that you're having the wedding you've always imagined. "Our" wedding day would not have been the same without her, or the beautiful venue, Historic Ashland.

I will ALWAYS recommend this venue.
    Thank you again!!

(The Wedding mentioned is Emma & Cole - for those searching on other social media platforms about this venue)

Sent on 10/11/2018

Emma Bixler · Married on 10/06/2018

Best day ever!

Getting married at Historic Ashland was a dream. By chance, our date was available 3 months before our wedding date and my now husband and I decided to change our venue! The first time I called HA, Leah, the owner was chipper and excited to show off her venue. She confirmed that she had our date available and invited us for a tour that same day! I was blown away by the secluded and beautiful venue. The amount of detail that went into preserving the property is unreal. Ashland not only has an involved owner but, they also have the BEST day of coordinator (Amanda). Amanda is quick to respond to all of your questions and concerns and made my wedding one of the best days of my life! She was there when I arrived in the morning, put out all my Decor, ran through the day with me and made sure the whole day followed the timeline perfectly. There was a little issue with some of our guests and she took care of it, I didn’t even know what happened until after the night was over! If I could give them 10 stars I would. Leah, Amanda and the rest of the HA team are worth every penny!! Thank you so much again for everything!!

Sent on 06/21/2019

Carolyn Obermeier · Married on 10/05/2018

Spectacular !

Historic Ashland is awesome!From the moment we arrived to look at this place as a site for my son's wedding we knew we wouldn't find a better place in York or Lancaster. The mansion, cottage and the lodge are top notch. No expense has been spared in getting this place ready for spectacular weddings. Leah Nadu was very professional in helping us make this a special day for my son and his new wife. I highly recommend Historic Ashland for your wedding.

• Erin

Erin · Married on 10/05/2018

Best venue ever

I got married at Historic Ashland 2 weeks ago and from start to finish, the experience was incredible. The venue is absolutely gorgeous and had the rustic chic vibe I was looking for with upscale amenities. It is a family run business and everyone involved was a pleasure to work with. My only regret is that we can't do it all over again!