Historic 1625 Tacoma Place Reviews

120 | Tacoma, WA

120 Reviews for Historic 1625 Tacoma Place

• Kristi

Kristi · Married on 03/06/2020

Perfect venue, amazing staff!

Historic 1625 is beyond beautiful and was more than we ever expected for our ceremony and reception venue. The building speaks for itself no matter the decor. What we loved most is that we didn't have to provide much decorations to create the atmosphere we were looking for. We had our ceremony, cocktail hour, and reception all at Historic. We highly recommend purchasing the Car Room for happy hour.
    Our guests loved it and it provided a nice transition from ceremony to reception. Not only is the venue itself amazing, but we loved working with Kellie and the other staff at Historic 1625. Kellie was beyond helpful with our entire planning process. She not only helped with floor planning for the event but also helped with all the details of the time line and was present for our rehearsal to help us figure out the flow of what would work best with our specific family and wedding party circumstances. Kellie also helped us find other vendors that resulted in a lot of savings; adding to the look of our wedding, that we would not have opted for due to price. The staff always responded to our calls and emails quickly and were beyond helpful in answering any kind of questions we had about details or planning. Another great aspect of Historic 1625 is that the tables and chairs are included in the price, with set up and take down, and the venue has the capacity to hold a large or small guest count and still be equally as beautiful and comfortable. We highly recommend Historic 1625 for weddings and any other events!

Sent on 03/27/2020
  • Elizabeth

Elizabeth Hampton · Married on 02/22/2020

Amazing wedding experience - highly recommend!

We booked Historic 1625 as our wedding venue a year in advanced because we loved how BEAUTIFUL, yet affordable it was and we could not have been any happier! The process from beginning to end was so smooth. My husband and I worked with Kellie. Not only did she make this whole process fun (do not get me wrong, there were times when it was TOUGH because that's normal wedding stuff, right?), but she was extremely helpful and quick to respond whenever we needed her. Her relationships with the vendors we worked with clearly showed us how great and qualified she was at her job. She definitely went above and beyond to make our wedding what it was...and it was freaking amazing!

The main things we were looking for in a venue were on-site parking, two separate bridal suites and room to accommodate a large party - Historic 1625 checked all of those requirements. For cocktail hour, we included the car garage package and that was a HIT with all of our guests. The classic cars were a nice touch as people were mingling in between the ceremony and reception. We fit 270+ people comfortably into one side for the reception, while allowing the other side to be open for the bar, dance floor and desserts. Thank goodness for so much space because we had a line of people for our ice cream cart, while having so much room for people to dance at the same time.

If we could have another wedding there, we would! Maybe for a future anniversary. I highly recommend this venue!!!

Sent on 03/25/2020
  • Angelia

Angelia · Married on 02/20/2020

Thank you Historic 1625 for making my wedding magical!

Kellie and all the staff were AMAZING! She was quick to respond, answered all my (hundreds) of questions. They worked with us on everything and accommodated our huge guest count. I knew it would be a challenge and it was hard to find a place that would accommodate all of our guests but they made it work! All of our guests loved it! My brother in law even said he wants to throw their son’s 1st birthday here because they liked the venue so much. Everyone was in love with how it looked. It’s the exact style and vibe we wanted for our day. All our guests also loved the car room. It was a perfect place for everyone to have cocktail hour after the ceremony. Thank you Historic 1625 team for everything!!! I hope I can come to a wedding here as a guest because I love this beautiful place!

Sent on 02/22/2020
  • Alex

Alex · Married on 02/14/2020

Wonderful!

Everyone was so helpful and kind. Helping with any questions I had. And the venue was absolutely beautiful! It had all sorts of cool rooms and a special place for the bride and groom. The car room was awesome for our cocktail hour. Book your wedding here!

Sent on 04/20/2020
  • Amanda

Amanda Johnston · Married on 02/02/2020

2020 here we come.

I love the professionalism of this venue. We email them with ANY questions and they respond within 24hours. Super friendly and willing to help. My fiancé and I are really looking forward to our wedding next year.

Sent on 04/04/2019

Historic 1625 Tacoma Place's reply:

We can't wait to celebrate with you all in February! Thank you so much for the kind words already- looking forward to continuing with planning. Cheers to 2020!
  • Brenna

Brenna · Married on 12/28/2019

Couldn't Have Been Better

My husband and I absolutely loved our experience with Historic 1625. The entire staff (especially Kellie) was absolutely phenomenal. Kellie was extremely helpful throughout the whole planning process and was patient with all my emails and questions.
    The venue itself:
    The ceremony room had plenty of room for all of our guests and the layout didn't feel cramped.
    We rented the car room for cocktail hour and our guests raved about the experience all night and weeks after. The only suggestion I would have for Historic would be to add a stand with information about each car. I think that would be super cool for the guests. Even without the info, it was extraordinary.
    The groom's room was perfect for the men to get away and get ready and the bride's room was spacious enough for all of our supplies and accessories. (The private bathroom is also a huge plus)
    I could go on and on about how wonderful our experience was, but you'll just have to see for yourself.

Sent on 05/03/2020

Kristen Rocco · Married on 11/09/2019

AMAZING wedding venue

We highly recommend Historic 1625 for a wedding venue. The venue is gorgeous and the staff is super helpful. Our experience with them was unforgettable. They made our wedding planning easy and the actual wedding day ran perfectly. We loved working with Kellie too! She was super responsive, energetic and had great suggestions for making our wedding day magical.

Sent on 10/25/2019

Historic 1625 Tacoma Place's reply:

Making weddings magical is what we are all about- thanks for letting us be a part of your perfect and unforgettable wedding day! -Kellie, Historic 1625

Rebecca Gratzer · Married on 08/17/2019

Most memorable experience

I would recommend Historic 1625 over and over again. Kellie was wonderful to work with she is so responsive and always willing to help if you need anything or need ideas. The venue is truly beautiful and made for wonderful pictures it’s definitely an experience I’ll always remember!

Sent on 10/24/2019

Historic 1625 Tacoma Place's reply:

So happy to hear you had an amazing wedding day! It was an absolute pleasure working with you and Austin and your families- from the initial tour to the big day. Can't wait to see all the wonderful photos and relive your wedding day! -Kellie, Historic 1625
  • Paige

Paige · Married on 08/17/2019

Amazing Venue

My son and his wife were just married at the Historic 1625 and I can't say enough amazing things about this venue and the staff. Kellie went above and beyond to help us with anything and everything we needed. I can't even imagine how the day could've been any better, it was simply perfect!! I highly recommend this venue and would give it 11 stars out of 10!

Sent on 12/19/2019
  • Alondra

Alondra Ramirez · Married on 07/06/2019

Absolutely Stunning

From the second that Erik and I walked into Historic 1625, we knew that it was the place where we wanted to celebrate the best day of our lives with our closest family and friends! The exposed brick, dramatic uplighting, and wooden beams set the tone for such a romantic ambiance. Aside from the fact that the venue was truly a stunning backdrop for such a special day, the convenience that it provided for our guests was incomparable. From the ample free parking, to no-corkage fee, to the 1am curfew!
    Kellie was such an amazing point of contact, always willing to go above and beyond to help in the planning process. We couldn’t have asked for a better reception space or overall experience.
    We want to thank the entire staff from the bottom of our hearts!

Sent on 01/12/2020
  • Sarah

Sarah · Married on 06/30/2019

Best choice we made besides choosing each other!

From the moment my husband and I entered the building when we came to see the venue for the first time, we both knew it would be the perfect place for our wedding. I cannot say enough amazing things about Kellie and her team! The staff were amazingly responsive to each and every one of my many, many questions throughout the planning process, the support on the day of our wedding with set-up and moving locations was a life-saver, and the beauty of the building itself is almost indescribable! The wood and brick photographed so beautifully, and all of our guests raved about how pretty and spacious the venue was. We also added the classic car collection package for cocktail hour, which was a HUGE hit among our guests! 4 months later I am still hearing from friends at work on a weekly basis how cool that was. I would highly recommend Historic 1625 to anyone getting married, or holding an event of any kind. It truly made for the best day of our lives!

Sent on 10/16/2019

Historic 1625 Tacoma Place's reply:

We always hope that couples have a perfect day and are so happy that you and Marc had the best day of your lives! We loved every moment of the planning and celebrating with you. Thank you for sharing all of your wedding photos with us. We are still obsessing over all the little details that made your wedding day uniquely yours. -Kellie, Historic 1625

Sarah Watterson-Gosnell · Married on 06/21/2019

Amazing through and through

Historic 1625 has it all. One of the major reasons we selected them was because of the beautiful brick interior. It gave the rustic feel we were looking for. Another reason we went with Historic 1625 was the abundance of parking. In Tacoma parking, especially free parking, is hard to come by. Kellie was really amazing to work with. She was quick to answer questions and she made the process easy.

Sent on 08/28/2019
  • Ashley

Ashley · Married on 05/18/2019

The best wedding!

I was beyond pleased with my experience at Historic Place. Everyone I encountered were professional but polite and open to my ideas. They also gave great feedback to my suggestions and were there to listen to what how we wanted our wedding to go. Kelli was amazing to me and my husband and made us feel comfortable. I would recommend this venue to everyone. Loved it!!!

Sent on 07/14/2019

Kayla Aldridge · Married on 04/12/2019

Love this place

We only looked at this venue and knew it was the one for our big day! Kellie was such a help to my “wedding planner/cousin” during rehearsal and the wedding day. 10/10 would recommend!

Sent on 05/08/2019
  • Emily

Emily · Married on 03/09/2019

Made our dream wedding come true!

Everything from the first tour to our wedding day was handled with care and excellent service. We were in good hands throughout the whole process, and the team at Historic was very accommodating towards our schedules and requests. Bonus points for having great parking too!

Sent on 05/03/2019
  • Moira

Moira · Married on 12/16/2018

My Dream Wedding Venue!

Wow. I don't ever know where to start with how wonderful the Historic 1625 was for my wedding!
    First of all, how gorgeous of a venue. I absolutely loved the exposed brick and the beautiful ceilings. And the car room! We hosted our cocktail hour in the car room and it was one of our guests favorite parts of the whole event.
    The staff at the Historic 1625 were an absolute dream to work with. I went to the venue 3 separate times during the planning process for my wedding and they were always completely willing to provide ideas and talk me through layouts. They were seriously so amazing and helpful and I could honestly say my wedding would not have been so organized without them!

Sent on 03/30/2019
  • Sarah

Sarah Crawford · Married on 12/06/2018

Kellie was fantastic!

The venue pretty much sells itself but Kellie was so on top of everything that it reinforced our decision to have our wedding at Historic 1625.

Sent on 12/15/2018

Sarah Ballard · Married on 12/01/2018

Seamless and memorable

Where do I start? From the moment I entered this venue four years ago, I knew I would eventually be tying the knot here. Fast forward, after getting engaged, I told my fiancé I had the perfect spot for us to check out. After our first visit, we looked at each other with excitement and knew we didn’t want to visit anymore venues. We immediately emailed Kellie to secure our date. Kellie, whom I can now call a friend :-) was the icing on the cake for this venue. She over communicated with everything, never got annoyed with my million questions and helped me plan my wedding of my dreams . He was able to send me vendor recommendations for everything I could possibly need. Her professionalism and personality Is extraordinary. If you are a bride, I highly recommend this venue not only for it’s beauty but the outstanding service and professionalism by the staff and vendors.
    I was a little concerned about the darkness of the venue- but rest assured! My photographer was able to catch outstanding photos. So , do not let this be a deterrent. Plus, it set the mood for a romantic and classy evening.
    I recommend Historic 1625 to everyone. I am looking for another event I can host here just to work with the staff Again :)
    Did I mention they have a officiant ?!?
    One stop shop!

Sent on 02/27/2019

Stephanie Layaoen · Married on 11/25/2018

Amazing venue!!

We loved this venue and all the staff. They made everything so easy for us! One of the things I appreciated the most was that they would send out reminder emails with an organized list of things we needed for our wedding. It was so helpful and I was able to stay on track with things I wouldn’t have even thought of. They were always friendly and so helpful. I would recommend this venue to anyone! It was definitely worth every penny we spent here and our wedding day was amazing.

Sent on 03/30/2019

Michaela · Married on 11/17/2018

Seriously the best venue!

Historic 1625 was amazing! The team at historic was wonderful to work with! From the first walk through to my frantic morning after email regarding a lost suit jacket! They handled everything with care and professionalism.

The venue speaks for itself! From the huge spaces to the high ceilings, guests loved the ability to hang out and chat or dance when they felt like it, between the two spaces. I can’t even count how many times I heard how amazing then venue was from guests throughout the night!

If you are looking for a venue that offers it all, look no further!

Sent on 11/26/2018
  • Allegra

Allegra Dunn · Married on 11/16/2018

Couldn’t have asked for more!

Not only is Historic 1625 beautiful, the staff is amazing ! I couldn’t have asked for a better experience with my venue . Everything was seamless , they accommodated all my needs and went above and beyond for me on my special day. I highly recommend !

Sent on 05/29/2019

Kristen Leetz · Married on 11/11/2018

James and Kristen 11-11-18

Very professional and friendly

Sent on 04/01/2019

Lisa · Married on 10/13/2018

All star venue

The most amazing staff, who listen and hear your every want and need. The catering list is exceptional and decorators Knock it out of the park and make all your dreams come to life.

Sent on 11/07/2018

julie · Married on 09/08/2018

The Historic 1625 team were an absolute delight to work with and the venue was PERFECT! Not only were they awesome throughout the entire process, when the big day arrived they provided exceptional service and lent a helping hand anywhere they could! A big shout out to Kellie for making this such an enjoyable experience. We had our dream wedding with Historic 1625. THANK YOU!!

Sent on 10/12/2018

Stephanie · Married on 08/25/2018

The team at Historic 1625 is amazing. I worked with Kellie throughout the entire wedding planning processes and she is the best! From making sure I had the right size linens to explaining the best DJ setup, Kellie went above and beyond to make sure our day was perfect. I really appreciate how quickly she responded to my many questions (via phone, email, AND instagram)!

On the venue itself: we knew we wanted a venue where we could have the ceremony and reception in the same place, but we didn't want to feel cramped or rushed as the rooms were switched over. Historic 1625 was perfect for this! We were also drawn to the natural beauty of the building. You truly don't need to spend a ton on decor when the rooms are beautiful all by themselves. I absolutely loved this venue and if I could do it all over, I wouldn't hesitate to book Historic 1625 again!

Sent on 08/31/2018