89 Reviews for Historic 1625 Tacoma Place

Drapery (4)
Wireless Internet (2)
Decor (1)
86 Historic 1625 Tacoma Place Reviews

We loved having our wedding reception at Historic 1625! It is very close to where we live and every time we drive by the beautiful red brick building we get a big smile on our faces. It had everything we wanted when looking for a venue: it was near central Tacoma, so most of our guests didn’t need to travel, indoors so we could have a May wedding in the rainy PNW, tons of room, very easy and flexible parking, great price point, and very accommodating and flexible with how we wanted to have our wedding. We worked a lot with Kellie there, and she was extremely helpful at answering any questions or concerns we had, being available to view the venue with our wedding planner when we needed to and giving helpful suggestions on vendors and other items when needed; all with very quick turnaround time. Most of all, after looking at several venues in the area it was the first one that made my wife smile from ear to ear the moment we walked in so I knew it was the right place for us right away!

Profile Picture matt, 5/18/18, 4 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue
Services Used: Clean Up, Bridal Suite, Set Up, Wireless Internet, Parking, Wheelchair Access, Indoor, Chairs, Decor, Drapery, Tables

We could not have asked for a better experience, the venue is so stunning and the staff was so easy to work with and very professional! SO many of our guests told us it was the "best wedding ever", all thanks to the staff who made everything run so smoothly! The cocktail hour with the cars is a MUST and a memorable moment!

Photos
Profile Picture Alex, 4/20/18, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Kellie and the team at Historic 1625 did an amazing job from helping us along the way with little details to making us feel magic on our special day! I wish thank you was enough to explain how grateful I am for them!

Photo
Profile Picture Faith, 4/15/18, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue
Services Used: Indoor, Parking, Wheelchair Access, Chairs, Drapery, Tables, Clean Up, Event Rentals, Bridal Suite, Set Up, Wireless Internet

I just want to start off by saying that I will forever remember my wedding day because of Historic 1625. Kellie was my main point of contact and she was beyond excellent. She went above and beyond in helping me think of ideas or giving suggestions. She was quick and responding to emails and if she wasn't in the office (which I felt like was rare) her counterpart replied in the same timely manner. Kellie was a pleasant to work worth and made my wedding experience smooth and easy. The thing I loved about Kellie was that she never made me feel like my million of questions were dumb and she also helped me in find solutions to all my questions/ideas. Historic 1625 was honestly breathtaking. All of our guest couldn't stop talking about how BEAUTIFUL the venue was and how perfect everything looked. Another thing I loved about the venue was that you could either add a lot of decor or do something simple and either way your day was going to perfect! I cant wait to plan another event and host it at Historic. Thank you Historic and Kellie for being honestly amazing! Again thank you for making Conner and I's day honestly AMAZING!

Profile Picture McKenzie, 4/7/18, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

I got married at Historic on 3/24/18 and it was perfect!!!! Kellie, and everyone there, was so helpful throughout the entire process! I was able to come back a time or two to go over everything with them and we emailed throughout the process and they were always helpful. The day of the wedding was amazing. If anything went wrong, they never let me know it! It was absolutely beautiful and having the cocktail hour downstairs (with the cars) was a huge hit! I'm so thankful for the experience I had with them for my wedding!

Profile Picture Shelby, 3/24/18, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Thank you so much for making our wedding amazing! Kellie is the best and was so helpful and very prompt on responding to emails and for accommodating all our needs and wishes!

Profile Picture Emily, 1/13/18, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

The team at Historic 1625 is amazing! They are so accommodating and were by our side every step of the way! The venue speaks for itself, and the team just takes it over the top!! I would recommend Historic 1625 to anyone and everyone!

Profile Picture Haley, 12/30/17, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

We were married 11/11/17 at Historic 1625 and would do it over again in a heartbeat! Everything about the venue was eye catching and had our guests talking during and after our wedding. Kellie and the staff were extremely responsive to my millions of emails. They were beyond helpful the day of and helped to make sure it was the best day ever! My husband and I are extremely grateful for this venue and creating such a memorable day for us!!!

Profile Picture Courtney , 11/11/17, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Went there as a guest to Olga's wedding. Great experience overall and Kellie was amazing to work with. Would recommend there to anyone

Profile Picture Zara, 9/1/17, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

a So happy to say I truly give Historic 1625 a 5.0/5.0 rating in my books, for a number of reasons. I fell in love with the beautiful brick walls and the wood ceilings right away and envisioned how It would compliment my all white wedding, with white drapes, flowers, candles and lights. This venue was perfect for my 100 guests and the parking was hassle free. The location is 5 minutes away from downtown, so we had to go take pictures there! We did our first look and also our send off with sparklers outside towards the back of the venue and it was magical! Last and not least, the staff was INCREDIBLE my day was 100% stress free, and leading up to that day staff was one of the reasons why my hair wasn't falling out prior to wedding, truth.

Profile Picture olga, 8/6/17, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Not only was the venue beautiful but the space was perfect for what we were looking for. Everyone we had contact with was helpful, worked with our schedule and very friendly. If this venue is what you are looking for, we highly recommend it!

Profile Picture Lauren , 7/29/17, 3 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue
Services Used: Chairs, Drapery, Tables, Bridal Suite, Clean Up, Event Rentals, Set Up, Parking, Wheelchair Access, Indoor

From the moment my (now) husband and I stepped foot in this venue, we knew the staff would take care of us fabulously, and that they did throughout the whole process! Kellie and Crystal were the venue coordinators we worked with and both were so friendly and helpful.

The venue is beautiful and spacious. We rented out the car show space downstairs for a post-ceremony cocktail hour, which the guests (we had just under 200) all raved about. We highly recommending doing the same. It allowed the guests to escape from the ceremony area while the caterers and venue staff flip the rooms (i.e. move the chairs from the ceremony area to the reception area).

I can't thank the staff at Historic enough for helping to make our wedding day turn out exactly as we planned!

Profile Picture Kelly, 6/10/17, 3 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

I fell in love with 1625 Tacoma place when I attended a wedding there. It is absolutely gorgeous

Profile Picture User7908524, 1+ year ago, 11 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Historic 1625 is beautiful inside and all our guest agreed.

Profile Picture User6727593, 1+ year ago, 4 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Most amazing day of our lives! Historic was very accommodating and beautiful for our wedding. The coordinator for Historic is exceptional, and they worked well with each vendor. We truly did not worry about a thing once we walked in! Thank you for the most amazing day of our lives!

Profile Picture Alyssa, 2/18/17, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

We had our wedding ceremony and reception at the Historic this winter and it was absolutely beautiful. We had been searching for a space with exposed brick and beams, and were lucky to find the Historic - it was just what we had hoped for. There is so much character in the venue itself that we chose to do very little decorations - really only centerpieces on the tables, and we did not need to do anything else, letting the space speak for itself. For our photo booth we just used a space of brick wall as the background and it turned out fantastic. We had about 125-ish guests and kids, so there was plenty of space for people to move around without it feeling sparse. The staff was also very kind, professional, calm, and helpful through the planning process and during our wedding itself. Kellie was there during our wedding, and working behind the scenes everything ran smoothly, and my husband and I could enjoy our wedding and spend time with our guests without worrying about other details. We are so appreciative of the staff - you hear stories from others about how stressful the day can be, but our wedding was as low-stress as I think can be possible. They also know how to run an event inside and out, coordinate very well with caterers and other vendors, so we did not have to worry about that either. This venue was reasonably priced for all the work they do as well. We weren't on such a tight budget, so this made perfect sense for us to put a little more towards a venue that would take care of so much for us. Hands down we'd recommend the Historic for anyone out there planning a wedding or other event!

Profile Picture Molly, 1/14/17, 4 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

This venue was amazing! They responded quickly to all calls and emails and did everything they could to make sure we were happy on our special day!

Profile Picture User7484905, 1+ year ago, 8 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Event Rentals & Photobooths, Lighting & Decor, Unique Services (Other)

We were beyond thrilled with our wedding at Historic! Kellie at Historic went above and beyond her call of duty. We could not be more pleased with their service. She responded right away to our questions, was willing to walk us the through the venue many times, and truly helped us make our day special. She felt like one of the crew by the end of the event. We'd do it all over again at Historic!

Profile Picture Allison, 11/13/16, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

I found Historic 1625 online and the pictures of the space immediately made me fall in love with it. Then when I went to tour the place in person, I was sold! It is such a unique space and the brick walls are absolutely beautiful and a perfect backdrop for pictures. The staff is also very helpful and responsive to your inquiries. They check in with you all the way up until your wedding date and let you set up appointments to view the space as many times as you need to meet with vendors or show it off to family and friends. I got married at Historic 1625 on October 15th and I would not have picked any other place to get married. It was perfect and I had so many compliments on the space from our wedding guests! If you are thinking about booking your wedding at Historic, you will not be disappointed!

Profile Picture Alexis, 10/15/16, 6 Reviews
Services Used: Bridal Suite, Clean Up, Set Up, Chairs, Tables, Parking, Indoor

We came across Historic 1625 via WeddingWire and just by the pictures that were posted I instantly knew I wanted to get married there. My husband and I toured Historic 1625 on a Saturday afternoon with the owner Kristin. She walked us through each areas of the building including the bridal suite and the grooms suite she answered every question that we had and explained to us the catering process, decor and day of logistics. Pretty much a week later I was in contact with Kellie about signing our contract for our wedding. Historic 1625 offered everything we wanted for our wedding. The venue itself is amazing and gorgeous-the staff (Kellie and team) always answered any email that I sent and made our day so special for us.

In a way I wish my wedding wasn't over with so I could have weekly touch bases with Kellie as she truly made our day perfect for us. I would highly recommend Historic 1625 to anyone who is looking for a beautiful venue on a conscientious budget.

Profile Picture Stacy, 10/7/16, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

We started planning our wedding way ahead of time and even since that day every staff member we interacted with so helpful, knowledgeable and prompt. Aside from the venue being GORGEOUS (my guests just raved about it!) it was perfect for me having a disabled member of the family who is in a wheelchair and so spacious. My pictures are fantastic, guests love the cars for cocktail hour. Emails are responded to quickly, they are upfront about all fees and there was never a problem with me just dropping in real quick for a payment. Just fabulous! I wouldn't pick anywhere else.

Profile Picture Felicia, 9/17/16, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Unique Services (Other), Wedding Planning

Choosing Historic 1625 was the best decision we made for our big day. Wedding planning can be really intimidating, stressful and challenging at times, but Historic made the entire experience painless and very smooth. The venue was simple but so elegant and did not require a lot of decor and that was a big selling point for us.

Profile Picture Alexandra, 9/3/16, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

We couldn't be happier with our decision to have our reception at Historic 1625! I instantly fell in love with this venue due to its romantic feel and high beams. It's so simple but elegant. We didn't decorate, only added uplighting, and it was perfect. We received so many compliments from our family and friends saying they loved our venue! Kellie was so amazing and easy to work with. She answered all my silly emails within hours, very responsive. We were very satisfied with her service.

They do have a preferred list of catering companies who are familiar with their space. I was a little caught off guard by this...but I think that's only because this was the very first venue we toured so I was not aware places did this. The room is split in two with large windows that see into each room. Initially, I was worried about this because I was concerned some people would want to stay in the dining area while the program and dances were going on, and the wedding would feel segregated. However, it wasn't like that at all. If anything, it worked out for the better! The layout made it so all our guests joined the dance floor and danced the night away. The dance floor room also had the open bar and photo booth so this assured unity and a good time!

Profile Picture Joem, 8/27/16, 6 Reviews
Services Used: Chairs, Tables, Parking, Bridal Suite, Clean Up, Set Up

The Historic 1625 staff made planning our wedding amazing and very simple! They were very accommodating and flexible with our décor, times, etc. Kellie was the representative during our wedding and she was absolutely wonderful! Very professional and took care of us and our guests 100%. We could not have been happier! Thank you for an amazing day, we will cherish it forever! With Love, Mr. & Mrs. Goldman!

Profile Picture Josh and Shawna, 6/18/16, 1 Review