Hip and Hitched Reviews

1 User photo

• Priyanga
    Priyanga S. Getting married on 07/01/2022

Amazing Videography Work!

I reached out to Tim of Hip and Hitched after seeing a few of their sample wedding videos on their site - I absolutely loved how each video captured the couple, their guests, and the celebrations so beautifully and uniquely. Tim was also quick to respond and patiently answered any and all questions. We had a two day Hindu + Christian wedding celebration and I worked specifically with Brock and he was truly incredible. We met before the wedding and went over the details of both ceremonies, which moments were critical to capture, and overall style of the final video. Brock was so fun to work with and most importantly he is SO talented. I am so grateful to have the most incredible wedding video for us to look back on and rewatch a million times. I highly recommend working with Hip and Hitched!
  • Rachel
    Rachel D. Married on 01/08/2022

Great wedding DJ!

We loved having Hip & Hitched at our wedding. Tim was the perfect ceremony DJ for us and helped us with incorporating ceremony music and live streaming as well. I was looking for a less over-the-top-energetic DJ because that overwhelms me a little bit; Tim listened to our vision and executed everything perfectly.
  • Nhi
    Nhi Married on 12/11/2021

Professionally Wild - Exceptionally Professional

We had our wedding back in December of 2021, but we had to make sure to write this review so that everyone knows how great a job Tim and Hip and Hitched did at our wedding. The wedding process in general is extremely stressful; however, everything related to Hip and Hitched was as smooth as Tim. They were attentive, communicative, and flexible to all our requests. We provided a list of the music we liked and the atmosphere we were looking for and left it in their hands. On the day of the wedding, Tim blew us away! He did not just push play on a playlist. He expertly read the room, played according to the vibe, and mixed live - all within the confines of the music we loved. He created an unforgettable experience and a party vibe that cannot be recreated. At the end of the night he was less of a vendor and more of a guest of honor, taking part in our celebration. We loved every minute of his contribution and we have some unforgettable memories and pictures - all thanks to him. We would recommend Tim and Hip & Hitched without hesitation.
    Elizabeth Married on 10/15/2021

Hip + hitched nailed it

We COULD NOT be happier with having Hip and Hitched manage the music for our ceremony, reception, and cocktail hour at our wedding this fall!! Before our day, Tim was the definition of responsive, kind, courteous, helpful, and patient to make sure he got the talent together and delivered exactly what we wanted for our day. The Mod Squad absolutely nailed it during cocktail hour with a jazz quartet consisting of sax, drums, upright bass, and guitar. They sounded amazing and were true professionals. Killer Hip and Hitched DJ kept the party GOING with his energy and a fusion of Indian Bollywood and Top 40 during our reception. We got a ton of compliments on how good both the quartet and DJ sounded. If you're looking for true professionalism and the best quality sounds, look no further than Hip and Hitched with the Mod Squad.
  • Michael
    Michael H. Married on 07/30/2021

Fantastic DJ + Videographer for Wedding

Tim was amazing to work with from start to finish! He was extremely flexible and patient as we worked through multiple reschedules due to the pandemic. Professional through and through, the DJ and video crew were fantastic. I would not hesitate to recommend them to anyone else. Thank you for helping to make our night a memorable and capturing it perfectly!
    Margaret B. Married on 06/19/2021

Be prepared to dance!

What a wild ride I’ve had with Hip & Hitched - booked, postponed, rebooked, and man was it worth the wait! I absolutely would not have had any other DJ at my wedding! He kept the party going all night long with amazing transitions and perfect song choices. I found Timothy because my photographer had posted on social media how much fun she was having at a wedding he was working, and man was she right! He went out of his way to make sure that I was good before, during, and after the ceremony! Book Hip & Hitched - you won’t regret it!
  • Sarah
    Sarah Married on 05/01/2021

The most fun!

I cannot say enough incredible things about the Hip & Hitched band, DJs, and video crew! We saw the band, DJ, and video crew in action at a wedding in 2019 and had the time of our lives, so, when I got engaged last year, my fiance and I immediately knew we wanted to book them for our 2021 wedding - they were the first vendor we booked, and we went with the live band with sax, bass, and percussion fused with the amazing DJ + video crew! From the initial phone call to discuss our vision to the wedding day itself, everyone with Hip & Hitched was truly a joy to work with! They made our vision come to life and it was even more than we could have imagined! I have never seen more people consistently on the dance floor at a wedding, and I still have friends texting me telling me how much fun they had at ours! I would recommend Hip & Hitched to EVERYONE, and I would love an invite so I can relive the best night over again! Thanks so much for everything, Hip & Hitched!!!
    Alex D. Married on 10/10/2020

Better than 5 stars!

Tim went above and beyond for our wedding in October! He embraced a new culture with how things were done and music. He kept an open mind and showed up ready to get the party started and keep it going. We had one ceremony and reception on a Thursday night in Atlanta that was just Bollywood and on Saturday we held our wedding ceremony and reception in Tennessee where he came ready to play all of our must plays and the Saxaphone KILLED it! People are still talking about our big day and how it was such a fun “party”!
    Thanks Tim!
  • Summer
    Summer M. Married on 09/26/2020

most incredible DJ and more!!

I can't rave enough about Hip and Hitched!!! We connected with them for our wedding through a referral, and we couldn't be happier with how professional, kind, caring, fun, and talented this team was, especially during such a crazy year for a bride! We had some big dreams of having a string trio for our ceremony, a Jazz trio for cocktail hour, and a band/DJ fusion complete with a sax player and percussion for the reception, and they made it all happen better than we could have ever imagined. On top of this they handled mics, lighting, and brought crazy energy to the dance floor that our guests are still talking about:) we loved being able to join in on the drums, grab a tambourine, and steal the mic with guests! The Hip and Hitched bands and DJ truly made our night what is was and made every step of the planning process so easy, but more importantly they made it enjoyable, special, and personable. We had already booked video, photo, and a photobooth but I have no doubt they rock everything else they also do on top of music! They are passionate artists that really care about their clients, it's hard to find such kind and hardworking talent for this value anywhere else. We are so happy to have the crew as our friends now and can't recommend them enough!!
  • Laura
    Laura S. Married on 07/11/2020

DJ! Master of all parties!!

Hip and hitched, Tim specifically, was amazing on our wedding day!!! We hired them a year and a half before our wedding. They stuck by us through the pandemic, 2 dates and 3 venue changes!!! They were insistent on making our day special and very patient through all our ups and downs of planning during covid. I highly recommend hip and hitched for ANY event!!!
    Tim was so personable, fun and sweet— he met with us and went over all the details of our timeline so we had no worries or stress.
    On our wedding day EVERYONE was dancing!!! And all our guests keep talking about how much fun the dance party was! You cannot go wrong hiring hip and hitched!!!! Thank you Tim for making our day an occasion we will never forget!
  • Celeste
    Celeste D. Married on 05/09/2020

Have music. Will dance!

Olivia and Miles Dayoub could not have chosen a better vendor than Hip and Hitched to make their wedding the most fun Wedding/Dance party ever! DJ Tim was sensitive to the crowd and had people from the age of 4 to the 70's out on the dance floor. Tim is professional, genuine, and VERY personable. He took time to talk to me and my husband (parents of the bride) during the wedding and became a fast friend. Thank you, Tim, for creating a FUN dance atmosphere and making memories we will talk about for the rest of our lives.
  • Olivia
    Olivia D. Married on 05/09/2020

Best, most fun night ever thanks to Hip & Hitched!

Where do I even start with how happy we are with Hip and Hitched!! I had no experience choosing a DJ but knew we made the right decision as soon as we booked. From start to finish, Timothy was professional, kind, attentive & responsive, and created the most fun party at our reception. The music all night (cocktail hour, dinner, and dance party) was so suited to our style and the balance of all of his selections was just perfect – not to mention the custom mixes. SO. FUN. His ability to get people on the dance floor seems effortless. I’m quite shy when it comes to dancing but the party was so much fun it had me dancing all night long. We have Hip & Hitched to thank for all of that!
    Kathleen J. Married on 09/07/2019

Brought the party to the wedding

Tim was an absolute HOOT to work with. Despite our busy schedule, he stayed on top of the to-do's and was able to customize his service to exactly what we wanted! A DJ + Saxophone player! They were the life of the party! They kept the crowd on the dance floor and had everybody moving. I didn't make it to the bar because I was dancing so much! 10/10 would recommend them!
    Tamar Married on 08/18/2019

Three cheers for Tim!

Tim DJed our wedding this summer and exceeded every expectation! He was super easygoing and great to work with throughout the process--especially considering our very specific needs (Latino/Jewish/American wedding.) His song choices, transitions, vibrancy, and sixth sense for reading the energy of the room made the reception a blast. The photo booth was icing on the cake. Overall amazing experience!
  • Alicia
    Alicia Married on 08/10/2019

Fantastic Evening

You know a DJ is 10/10 when he gets the 97 year old grandma leading a conga line on the dance floor. The Hip & Hitched DJ was phenomenal, he went above and beyond to make our wedding day incredible.
  • Erica
    Erica J. Married on 07/21/2019

Best in the business!

THE BEST in the business! When we were setting up a 50th wedding anniversary party for my parents, I reached out to my wedding photographer for help with a DJ - she put me in touch with Tim and Hip and Hitched, the rest is history! H&H came very highly recommended and the experience was better than the hype! Our amazing Dj was able to keep a room full of people between the ages of 5 and 75 happy and dancing all night. The Hip booth, photo booth and props were a total hit and everyone is still raving about the pictures and video captured. To the whole H&H crew, thank you all so much for your patience with all of our crazy requests! It was such a pleasure working with you! I will definitely be in touch the next time we start planning a party! Erica in Marietta
    Maggie C. Married on 05/18/2019

Such a great crew!

Hip and Hitched was amazing to work with! They DJ'd our wedding and did an amazing job during our ceremony, cocktail hour and during the reception. We wanted to have a big dance party and they really helped us achieve that. Tim was also really responsive during the whole process and helped answer all of our questions - no matter how small. You won't regret working with them!
  • Wesley
    Wesley Married on 04/27/2019

Fantastic!

Hip and Hitched was awesome! We had such a great time with them. They helped us make our day super fun. They were great to plan and work with leading up to it and then they helped make everything go smoothly during the wedding. We couldn't have done it with out them!
  • Lizzy
    Lizzy R. Married on 02/09/2019

Amazing Wedding DJ Experience!

Had an absolutely incredible wedding thanks to Tim at Hip & Hitched! My dream for my wedding was to have a giant dance party with all my friends and family, and this company MADE THAT HAPPEN! Tim was extremely responsive from day one, and was very communicative throughout the entire process - even inviting me to local events he was DJ'ing so that I could experience his style first hand. I still have so many guests commenting on how wonderful the music was - we got family members on the dance floor I never would have dreamed to dance, and I am so grateful to have made those memories with the help of Hip & Hitched. Could not recommend this company more highly!
    Maddy R. Married on 12/07/2018

Thank you!

We had booked Hip & Hitched based off some friends that had used him for their wedding and it was hands down the best decision that we made! Tim did an incredible job from start to finish. Leading up the wedding, he was organized and always available to help with any and every question that I had. During the wedding he played exactly what we wanted throughout the entire night. I can confidently say that I did not leave the dance floor once and can attribute that to his incredible music selection. The guest all danced the night away and could not stop raving about it even after the event. Tim, you absolutely killed it, and we thank you so much for an incredible event!
    Sandy M. Married on 12/01/2018

Does not get better than this!

We were looking for a cool, hip dj that was more like a club dj (than your “typical wedding” dj), for my 50th birthday dance party. Boy did we hit the jackpot with Hip & Hitched/Rare Form Creatives! I fell in love with them right off the bat when they asked if we could have phone conversation to get a feel for us and our taste in music, and our thoughts about our event, and also the artistic, creative edge to them as well. During the whole process leading up to the day, each of our requests or ideas were met with sincere enthusiasm , and flexible accommodation. They were so professional and polite to work with at all levels! The dj on the day of was on time, and absolutely a dream work with. And then of course, the music for the party was amazing. I never stopped dancing (for 4 hours straight!), And as any good dj, he did not just play the sample play list we had sent. He really internalized the overall type of music we wanted, put his own spin on it, while always reading the crowd. He navigated the evening beautifully - even accommodating that one guest who never stops making requests - while keeping everyone on the dance floor! I just loved working with the dj, and would do it every weekend if I could. I received many compliments on the dj, so I am hoping that one of them will have a party soon and hire them! ;-) Do not hesitate to hire them for you next event - they do not disappoint. A great dj is the soul of great party.
  • Tinderella
    Elizabeth Married on 11/03/2018

Best decision

We hired Hip & Hitched for DJ and video crew. It was BY FAR the best vendor decision we made during wedding planning. We even had a month-of wedding planner and we felt as though Tim did a better job of making sure my husband and I were taken care of throughout the entire night. Not only did he handle business and read the crowd like a champ, he was flexible, pleasant, and friendly with everyone. The music was perfection! It was like a 4 hour sing and dance-a-long all night.

Feedback from our guests was also exceptional. The videographers were fun and chill and our bridal party had a blast with them.  Hip & Hitched would be my top recommendation to anyone planning a wedding. We love those guys!
    D. Sherry Married on 10/27/2018

This Full-service DJ Fused w/Live Band Trio: Incredible Value, BEST WAY TO GO!

So very thankful that we found TD (Tim DeGroot) and Hip & Hitched for our daughter’s Deep South Farm wedding in Ellijay, GA last month-- he and his amazingly talented musicians and video team helped us throw and document an awesome party!

We chose a beautiful rustic venue which expertly organized our catering, flowers and photography. And although they also suggested very capable DJ’s, we just couldn’t turn over the reins on the music—way too important a decision and way too much fun to research! We hunted for an entertainment co. that would outfit us from ceremony prelude to reception send-off—one that could sustain a celebratory and vibrant mood, and keep guests smiling and dancing all night long. Tim and H&H proved to be the perfect fit.

We first found H&H via a breathtaking rock-n-roll wedding video that beautifully captured the newlyweds’ personalities; set to stunning music, it showed that H&H could pack a dance floor! What sold us, though, were the TONS of 5-star ratings on EVERY review platform we reviewed. And those reviews did not disappoint: we, too, wholeheartedly recommend that you book H&H for your celebration.

First impressions are everything and we knew we were in good hands after meeting Tim over smoothies in west mid-town Atlanta. “In the back corner with a straw hat on,” we found him to be immediately likeable, crazy positive, very funny, and refreshingly sincere. A local creative who loves to give back to his community, Tim convinced us that he’d treat our big day with the same care and enthusiasm he devoted to his other artistic passions. We left that meeting feeling like family, totally relieved and with smiles and big hugs all around.

Very conscientious, Tim continued to check in and keep us on track, soliciting music selections and video content to ensure that everything would be tailored to our liking. He was extremely responsive, quickly answering texts and email. Very flexible, he took planning calls with us and the venue, nicely balancing the roles of agent and advisor, assuring our vendor that policy would be adhered to while ensuring that critical day-of logistics (AV setup, timelines, MC-ing, space planning, alternative plan for inclement weather) were fully addressed. His diligence and attention to detail was appreciated.

As for the music, itself, Tim skillfully choreographed the action! Our custom soundtrack played by a full-service DJ fused with a live band trio (sax, percussion and guitar) provided such a cool alternative to standard wedding entertainment. Having our favorite songs layered with a live feel and sound was THE BEST WAY to go—the value added was huge! Dance and up-lighting fed the festive air. And the fact that Tim and the band clearly loved performing together created a special vibe. Our daughter and son-in-law had a fantastic time—in fact, no one wanted the music to end—what more can you ask for? With H&H, count on an exceptional musical experience that your guests will be talking about for a very long time!

And we’re told that raw video footage is setting the stage for some ridiculously amazing video—we can’t wait to see the finished piece and relive this excellent party!
    Karli Married on 09/28/2018
    Hip and Hitched is absolutely incredible!!! The best part of our wedding!! My goal was that everyone be on the dance floor the entire night, and that is exactly what happened!!!! The DJ was able to read the crowd and played the best songs for all generations. I found Hip and Hitched online and was drawn to them because everyone looked like they were having the time of their lives in the videos. At my wedding, everyone RAVED about the DJ and did have the time of their lives!! I also used them for my videographer and he was amazing! Got every important shot and was so creative in his filming! From the moment I spoke with Hip and Hitched, they were so accommodating, always responsive, and the kindest vendor. I would pick them again in a heart beat and you should too! Best best best!!!
    Megan Married on 08/18/2018
    Hip & Hitched made the party. Our DJ and photo team put a lot of heart and soul into making our day AMAZING. They were super flexible in planning and day of when the rain came and we made a last min change!! Our DJ read the crowd well, added variety, and got people on their feet and groovin. Their energy is contagious. You want them at your wedding!!!!!