HinkleyPhoto Reviews

HinkleyPhoto 5
HinkleyPhoto 6
HinkleyPhoto 7

Emily · Married on 10/20/2018

Easiest decision you'll make - work with the Hinkleys!

If you’re trying to decide who to work with for your wedding photos, stop everything you’re doing and choose Matt & Liz. Our venue recommended Matt & Liz and they were the only vendor that we picked without a personal referral, and it was hands down the best decision we made.

There are so many positives about Matt & Liz - their casual, laid-back nature, their ability to connect with you within a couple minutes of meeting, their experience working with so many brides and grooms (they actually recommended our outdoor ceremony start time based on when the sunlight would be best), and their natural talent to truly capture amazing photos without being front and center. The photos they take come out looking so natural, it’s incredible. You will actually look like yourself in them!

Further, they have an easy-to-use online portal that made working with them so incredibly easy (no mailing in contracts, checks, etc.). One of my bridesmaids has already chosen to work with them based on how awesome they were on our wedding day!

I will continue to recommend Matt & Liz to anyone who needs a wedding photographer until the day they retire or robots start taking photos for humans. Hopefully the former comes first!

Sent on 12/23/2018

Desiree · Married on 09/01/2018

Working with Matt and Liz was a pleasure! Matt and Liz were knowledgeable, efficient and fun! Our Photo gallery was extensive (and gorgeous) and their turnaround time was exceptional!

Sent on 09/27/2018
    HinkleyPhoto 8

Caileigh · Married on 08/11/2018

We would highly recommend the Hinkleys! They were incredibly easy to work with, responsive, passionate about what they do, very organized, and their photos were phenomenal and so natural! We loved that they didn't ask us to pose for any of the cheesy set photos, it was all about trying to get us to be ourselves! We feel like we can relive our wedding day through their photos because they captured each part so well!

Sent on 09/23/2018

Bristol · Married on 05/27/2018

Where to even begin?! Matt and Liz aren't just amazing photographers, they're just such nice people to work with. From our initial call with them all the way to our wedding day (and the engagement session in between) we knew they were the perfect photographers for us. We have received so many compliments on our wedding photos - everyone, including ourselves, were blown away. We're so glad they were there to capture our special day and will forever cherish the amazing images they captured. We fully recommend them with no hesitation!

Sent on 06/21/2018
    HinkleyPhoto 9

Marilyn · Married on 11/11/2017

We put a lot of thought and research into choosing our wedding photographer. After meeting with the Hinkleys, we knew that they were the right fit for us. I loved the idea of having another couple do our pictures. During our initial meeting, it was evident that they were both warm, friendly fun-loving people who shared a talent and passion for photography. Our wedding package came with a complimentary engagement shoot and we gave them little direction when it came to a location for the engagement shoot. We had described ourselves as “outdoorsy” people and told them we wanted something in the woods and rustic backgrounds. They took us to a park nearby and the location was beautiful and exactly what we had hoped for. After seeing what they could do with the engagement shoot, we knew that we chose the right people to photograph our wedding. Fast forward to a week after the engagement shoot, and they already had the pictures available to us on an easy to use website. I was shocked at how quickly they were able to turn around the pictures, especially because I knew it was prime wedding season (summer) for them. We ordered a couple of prints from this shoot and the quality was absolutely perfect. The wedding was no different as far as the beauty they were able to capture. They both showed up on time, maybe even a little early, to start their picture taking. Matt went and took pictures of the groomsmen party getting ready and Liz met the bridal party at the salon to take pictures. Neither were invasive at all. They made some small suggestions here and there but allowed us to interact as if they were not there which resulted in some great candid shots. I felt completely comfortable having Liz around as she has a great personality. For our pictures, we went to Newcastle Commons and unfortunately it was a freezing cold day in mid-November. Matt and the boys were out for 40 minutes in the cold shooting pictures. I’m sure he was really uncomfortable in the cold but I would have

Sent on 12/15/2017
    HinkleyPhoto 10
    HinkleyPhoto 11
    HinkleyPhoto 12
    HinkleyPhoto 13
    HinkleyPhoto 14

Tarunya · Married on 09/30/2017

The Hinkleys were the perfect pair to capture me and my perfect pair. They were responsive, fun to work with, and the finished product was always better than expected. My husband hates having his picture taken and can usually be seen giving a forced smile when asked to pose but both Liz and Matt were able to make him feel totally comfortable. Now we have more great pictures of the two of us than we know what to do with. Thank you for capturing our special day and so many of the special moments that went by for us in a blur! We would highly recommend The Hinkleys!

Sent on 11/02/2017

Sarah · Married on 08/19/2017

The Hinkleys are simply amazing. We were so relaxed and had so much fun taking pictures with them both for our engagement shoot and our wedding. They have incredible talent for capturing the emotion within a picture so that when you look at it later, you feel like you are there in the moment. They are extremely responsive, answer every single question you may have and help make you feel at ease on your big day. We could go on and on with positive things to say, but we will leave it with- if you want truly amazing photographers for your wedding day, look no further than the Hinkleys. Thank you guys for helping to make our big day perfect!

Sent on 08/25/2017

Jessica · Married on 07/22/2017

The Hinkleys are amazing! I couldn't recommend them more highly. They are fun, responsive, organized, incredibly prompt, and extremely talented at what they do. We loved working with them, all the way from our engagement photos through our wedding. We are so happy with all of the photos and the experience overall. They captured the natural beauty of the setting we were in along with many authentic moments from our wedding, which was exactly what we were looking for. Above all, they are wonderful people who not only help capture a special day, but also add a lot to the experience.

Sent on 08/16/2017

Alyssa · Married on 07/14/2017

Seriously, Hinkley Photo was incredible! They made us feel so at ease. They were so organized and true professionals through and through. Their work was absolutely stunning and we couldn't be happier with the variety of gorgeous shots that we received. I would absolutely recommend them to anyone looking for a professional and personalized experience! Their photography is full of natural light, beautiful colors and stunning angles. I could go on and on! Loved our experiences with them and would use them again in a heartbeat!

Sent on 09/05/2017

Jenna · Married on 06/24/2017

The Hinkleys are a dynamic duo! From our engagement session to our actual wedding day they were fun, easy going and great at taking pictures! They made the process super easy and helped us work through a wedding day timeline that worked for us. We would have chosen the Hinkelys no matter what venue we were at, but they are experts at Loon Mountain in Lincoln, NH. They ski there over the winter, have done countless weddings there so are very familiar with the staff, the best views and the logistics. Definitely consider them for your next upcoming event!

Sent on 07/24/2017

Melissa · Married on 06/10/2017

Our friends used the Hinkleys for their wedding last year, and after seeing their photos we immediately called Matt and Liz to book them for our wedding. We love their natural approach to wedding photography, and they did a wonderful job capturing our personalities and relationship. We also absolutely love the video they did for us! Not only are they excellent photographers, but they have also become friends- we're so excited to hang out with them again at our friends wedding later this summer.

Sent on 06/17/2017

Kristen · Married on 06/03/2017

Everything about the experience with the Hinkleys we loved! They made my husband who is not a fan of having his photo taken extremely comfortable. They were laid back and easy going and made everything perfect. Our photos are nothing short of amazing. I highly recommend them!

Sent on 06/28/2017

Nicole · Married on 10/09/2016

The Hinkley's were everything and more with what we could have hoped for with photographers for our wedding. They are so down-to-earth and passionate about their work. Their photography captures the perfect moments and their touch is so natural and crisp! I could not speak more highly of our experience with them and would recommend them to absolutely everyone!!!

Sent on 11/03/2016

Jennie · Married on 10/08/2016

Working with The Hinkley's over the past year and a half has been nothing short of amazing! When it comes to photographs they find a way to not just capture the smiles, or the tears, but to actually capture that moment. I know that 10 years from now I will be able to look back on these pictures and feel exactly the amount of love that I felt on our wedding day. After seeing them shoot some other family weddings I had two dreams for my own, one was to be married in a greenhouse and the other was to have the Hinkley's be our photographers, I am so lucky that both of my wedding dreams came true!

Sent on 11/04/2016

Angela · Married on 10/08/2016

It's every bride's fear it will rain on their wedding day...and boy did it rain on mine. We got married on October 1, 2016 and we prayed so hard the weather would clear and it just didn't happen, but that couldn't have mattered less, mostly because we had the world's most amazing photographers by our side!!!

Both my husband CJ and I could not stop raving about Matt and Liz. From the minute they walked in our hotel rooms I felt at ease knowing my wedding was in good hands. They are incredibly good at their job and weddings are their superbowl, they are amazing! did I say amazing yet? They not only captured every moment of our wedding perfectly, they helped ease my worry about the weather!!

If are looking for a photographer in the area I can't recommend them enough. They are a power team and there are no words to adequately thank them for all they did for us!

Sent on 10/20/2016

Sarah · Married on 09/30/2016

The Hinkley's were SO amazing! We loved all of our photos from our engagement session to our wedding. For two people that HATE taking photos, they made us feel relaxed and comfortable - all while capturing beautiful photos for us to remember those days forever! I can't recommend them enough!

Sent on 10/24/2016

Christine · Married on 09/25/2016

Matt and Liz were, by far, among our favorite people to work with throughout our entire wedding planning process. My husband and I got married in September, after being engaged for a little over a year. From day one, the Hinkleys blew us away with their level of professionalism and incredibly fun, warm personalities. We chose to work without the Hinkleys largely because of their style: we had an outdoor wedding, and were drawn to the way Matt and Liz incorporate nature in their photography. Their photographs are absolutely stunning, but also seem very natural - as someone with a fine arts background, I really appreciated the high quality of their work. They are skilled at capturing special little moments and unique personality traits, as well as natural outdoor beauty. Both our wedding and and engagement photos turned out so beautifully; we could not be happier with them!

On top of the quality, we were also extremely pleased with how easy Matt and Liz were to work with. They were organized, responded quickly, communicated proactively, and were so helpful on our actual wedding day as well, helping us figure out where to go and what to do (Liz even bustled my dress!). Their turnaround time for photos is also pretty quick - we received our finished wedding photos approximately two weeks after the wedding.

Finally, it was such a pleasure getting to know Matt and Liz over the course of our engagement. When we first began working with them, they explained that they like to do an engagement session, included in their wedding package, as a way to get to know the couples they work with a little better. By the time of our wedding, it felt like we were working with two friends. They are both such genuine people, and it's clear that they love what they do. Obviously, I have nothing but wonderful things to say about the Hinkleys, and would highly recommend them!

Sent on 11/05/2016

Katherine · Married on 09/10/2016

Beautiful, natural photography. If you are someone who is a little camera shy, these guys are for you. My fiancé HATES getting his pictures taken, and the Hinkleys made us both feel 100% comfortable. No cheesy, posey photos here! They capture all the great, genuine moments between people who love each other. We both really enjoyed working with the Hinkleys for our engagement shots and can't wait for the wedding day! Thanks Hinkleys!!

Sent on 09/10/2015

Michelle · Married on 07/30/2016

The Hinkley's were so fun and easy to work with! The pictures came out amazing, and there were lots of them! I would recommend them for any wedding!

Sent on 10/24/2016

Michelle · Married on 06/25/2016

The Hinkleys are simply the best! They are so easy to work with. They are extremely professional and fun. They captured every detail and all the special moments from our wedding day that we will treasure and be able to look back on for years to come! We couldn't be happier and highly recommend them!

Sent on 07/25/2016

Suzie · Married on 06/18/2016

When I started researching different photographers I didn't realize how important it was to not only like the quality of the photos, but also the personalities of the photographers themselves. These are people that you share your wedding day with! The Hinkleys are definitely the full package. Matt and Liz were excellent to work with this past year and we love the quality, style, and amount of photos they took! They were so flexible from the very beginning of the process. We were able to Facetime with them for our first meeting (since we live in Boston). Then they came to Boston for our engagement photoshoot last fall... we thoroughly enjoyed our session with them and a quick dinner after. They were so easy to get along with, we almost forgot we were having our pictures taken! In June they traveled again to the NH Seacoast for our wedding. We did our wedding photos primarily all in one park and they were able to capture so many different backdrops from just one location. They were able to capture a lot of great candidates as well, from moments on the party bus to dancing after dinner! A preview/sampler of our photos were even ready for us by 7AM the morning after our wedding and the final photos only a few weeks later. They also have a really easy online based system to make payments through, view your photos and fill out any questions for the wedding day! I highly recommend the Hinkleys and definitely will use them for any family photos down the road.

Sent on 07/07/2016

Our experience working with Matt and Liz was absolutely outstanding! From the moment we made contact with them, I could sense their passion and love for their work. They were dedicated to getting to know us as a couple and documenting our engagement shoot and wedding day in a unique, special and beautiful way. They are organized and professional, while at the same time staying relaxed and FUN! They truly helped set the tone for the day, and I could not have been happier with my experience. More guests than I can count commented both on their stunning work and their friendliness and professionalism throughout. Thank you Matt and Liz - we will always be grateful for the memories you captured for us!

Sent on 07/06/2016

Katie · Married on 04/23/2016

The Hinkleys were fantastic photographers for our wedding and engagement photos! We are very glad we found them, it was a pleasure working with Matt and Liz. They responded quickly to emails and calls, were prompt and professional, but also very friendly and easy to work with. They also had great suggestions for posing/placement and beautiful background settings for photos, which was great since my husband and I weren't really familiar or comfortable with posing for pictures before meeting them. They were also wonderfully flexible on our wedding day when the speeches/dances went longer than expected, talking to us about the timing and ok'ing the extra half hour with us. Also, we were very glad to have two photographers, this allowed for multiple angles of important moments of course, but also it was helpful to have one of them near us, describing the pose we were aiming for while the other took pictures from farther away. From the reception, I loved the candid photos they got of our conversations and guests dancing. Finally, they were very fast in editing the photos - we were able to share a few dozen pictures the day after the wedding, and the full album was ready right when they said it would be.

Overall, the Hinkleys were fantastic and our wedding and engagement photos are beautiful!

Sent on 06/08/2016

Michael · Married on 03/26/2016

We had experienced the work from the Hinkley's at one of our friend's weddings prior to ours, and were very impressed. The upfront planning, engagement session, and wedding day were handled professionally and promptly. They were a lot of fun to work with and it was a pleasure getting to know them. We had great feedback from our guests how they were non-intrusive to the wedding during all of the day's events, but still managed to capture the day perfectly. We are very pleased with the results and would highly recommend the Hinkley's for your special day!

Sent on 04/26/2016

J · Married on 01/02/2016

Matt and Liz are so lovely and talented, we were HAPPY writing them the check for our wedding photography. It's a big cost, but totally worth it-- especially to have a chance to work with this lovely couple.

Sent on 02/08/2016