Hilton Garden Inn - Sioux Falls Downtown Reviews

View more information

4.7

• WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2016 Winner

Mike Married on 07/14/2018
    Maddy and the event staff, along with the hotel staff, could not have been any better! Outstanding work by all!!!
    Sarah Married on 01/26/2018
    If given the choice again I would without a doubt chose Hilton Garden Inn Downtown and Maddy to help plan our wedding reception. She was patient with all my questions, elevated my ideas and made the process so enjoyable. There was no stress with planning this reception as I knew I was in good hands and everything literally turned out perfect. Thank you Maddy for all your help-- it was the best day of our life!
    Jessie Married on 01/05/2018
    My wedding day was made so memorable and stress-free by the Hilton Garden Inn! They made sure everything was simple and convenient for me and my guests! The best way for brides to enjoy the day is try to make things as simple and prepared as possible so there will be nothing to stress about the day of and the Hilton Garden Inn Downtown Sioux Falls certainly did that for me! Thanks you Maddy Westra and all Hilton Garden Inn DT event staff!

Hi Jessie!
    Thank you for your review. It is greatly appreciated. It was an absolute pleasure working with you, Gus, and your families. We wish you and Gus the very best!
    Sincerely,
    The Hilton Garden Inn--Downtown
    Alexis Married on 06/09/2017
    Our experience with the Hilton was absolutely amazing. Everything was taken care of with ease and it was so beautiful. Can't say enough how easy it was to work with them.
    Addie Married on 07/20/2015
    We have the pleasure of hosting several events with the team at the Hilton Garden Inn Downtown Sioux Falls. Not only is the service second-to-none, but everything from the sales process with our clients, to menu selection, room layout and design, as well as event set-up, day-of logistics and even the load-out is such a seamless process. Everyone on the HGI Downtown team has such such a great working relationship and it truly shows! Their synergy is contagious and we can't wait until our next event together.
    Sarah Married on 02/28/2015
    Beautiful venue! Very professional and accommodating.

Hilton Garden Inn - Sioux Falls Downtown's reply:

Thank you so much for your kind words Sarah. It was truly an honor to be a part of such a special day for you and Chad! We would love for you to share photos of your reception with us so we can feature a few of them on our facebook page and wedding wire page. Please email them to us at smaag@heggcompanies.com.
    Brittany Married on 10/11/2014
    We planned a ceremony and reception at the Sioux Fallls Downtown Hilton and everything was perfect! Great to work with and delivered on every request!

Hilton Garden Inn - Sioux Falls Downtown's reply:

Thank you so much for your kind words Brittany. It was truly an honor to be a part of such a special day! We would love for you to share photos of your ceremony and reception with us so we can feature a few of them on our facebook page and wedding wire page. Please email them to us at smaag@heggcompanies.com.
    Elizabeth Married on 10/11/2014
    We absolutely fell in love with our wedding venue and so did our guests!!! Very elegant!! Staff is super awesome:)
    Tiffany Married on 09/06/2014
    Our wedding reception/dance was held at the hilton garden inn downtown. I can't say enough of things! It turned out so perfect and beautiful! Huge thanks to Monica Hansen and Eric! They worked so hard to make our day perfect and in smoothly! Loved the hilton!!
    Morgan Married on 01/25/2014
    The Hilton Garden Inn staff was fabulous--they did everything and anything to make our special day perfect! I had many guests compliment me on how attentive and polite the staff were and how great the venue looked. A special shout-out to Michelle, Jenna and Isis--you ladies rock! Thank you for making my day everything I dreamed of and more :)
    Valerie Married on 07/09/2011
    Hands down best Reception Hall in all of SF. The staff did an amazing job setting up and helping out whenever we needed them to. I couldn't get enough awesome compliments on how good the food was. Overall, couldn't have been any happier.
    Jodi Married on 10/09/2010
    We had a great experience at the Hilton Garden Inn. Everyone from the Sales Department to the Front Desk staff went out of their way to make our wedding a night to remember. I have a many compliments from our guests about how wonderful the food at the reception was, how beautiful the reception hall was, and how amazing the hotel rooms were.
    Tasha Married on 05/23/2010
    Hilton Garden Inn & Suites in Sioux Falls is an amazing place to hold a wedding or reception it was absolutely amazing! The staff was wonderful and the went above what I would have dreamed the food was wonderful the ball room was a dream come true couldn't have asked for a more beautiful event. This was a day I will truly remember
    Makayla Married on 04/09/2016
    Gorgeous venue! I have helped set up wedding cakes there and the staff are so friendly and professional!!!
    Tricia Married on 03/14/2015
    Both our wedding ceremony and our reception were held in the ballroom at the Hilton Garden Inn, Downtown Sioux Falls. We had a wonderful wedding, and even though we had three coordinators total involved from start to finish (over the course of ~one year), everything went very smoothly, and we had a fabulous time! The team flipping the ballroom the night before was not aware that we were doing a brief rehearsal although that had been planned in advance, but did quickly accommodate us. The service during the reception was spot-on. Throughout our stay, all of the hotel staff, from the front desk to the servers at the gift-opening breakfast, were kind, helpful, and enjoyable. I am happy to recommend the downtown Hilton, we loved our wedding, dinner, and dance!
    Hilary Married on 12/02/2017
    When looking for a venue to hold our wedding, the Hilton Garden Inn Downtown was at the top of our list. We knew with both sides being big families we would need somewhere with plenty of room and flexibility. They exceeded our expectations and our guests are still talking about how great the food was! The staff are awesome and are great at helping you to make sure you have everything figured out.
    Patricia Married on 05/20/2017
    Our expectations were met and exceeded in all areas. We had a plated meal for over 200 guests that was served efficiently and hot! Impressive! Guests were very pleased with lodging as well.
    Kira Married on 05/02/2015
    I'm so glad we held our reception here! We needed a large venue to host our wedding reception because we had a large guest list. I did a lot of research into what location would be the best value compared to other venues of this size in Sioux Falls and this was it! I was so pleased because the location is wonderful and the room is absolutely beautiful with a view of the river out the west end. It was ideal because we did not need to do anything to the room itself to make it look nice. The private patio for our guests was also great because it provided a beautiful view of the river and a quieter place to talk and/or cool down in the evening when the party was going on inside the ballroom. The bar that was set up in the area between the ballroom and the patio was also very convenient because it left plenty of room for people who were waiting for drinks and an area for high bar top tables. I really loved having these three separate areas for the reception because it gave everyone an option of how they wanted to celebrate that night.

The food was also wonderful! We had a plated meal and the service to our guests was wonderful. Everyone who ordered a special meal, like vegetarian or kids meals, got their order with no problems.

The service we got from Allison and her team was tremendous! She helped in more ways than I imagined she'd be able to assist us and helped make for a virtually worry-free day for us. She instilled in us the confidence that vendors would be taken care of when they arrived and assisted when/where needed. They also helped put out table numbers, menus, set-up the gift table and place cards. They really went above and beyond making the day go even better than I imagined it would.

Hilton Garden Inn - Sioux Falls Downtown's reply:

Thank you so much for your kind words Kira. It was truly an honor to be a part of such a special day! We would love for you to share photos of your reception with us so we can feature a few of them on our facebook page and wedding wire page. Please email them to us at smaag@heggcompanies.com.
  • O
    Sarah Married on 09/16/2011
    The staff was very helpful leading up to the wedding and the night before the wedding. Even helped set up the reception if they know exactly what you want. Great food!
  • User2632718 2+ years ago
    The majority of the day went as well as planned. I was pleased to enter a clean, set room at 8 a.m. as promised. We had to find someone to unlock the room but, as soon as we asked, it was done. The staff had pulled the wrong hurricanes but, it was corrected as soon as we asked. I had a lot of guests compliment the food - especially the horderves we selected. The staff even held back some for our wedding party, which was greatly appreciated by our friends. I was slightly disappointed as my cake topper didn't make it onto my cake, however I don't believe this to be HGI's doing. We were running on time for the day - surprisingly. Once we were introduced into the wedding, we had hoped to be served food. Fortunately, the HGI stuck to it's given timeline however it would have been nice to move up the food service to meet with our "ahead" of schedule. I know this probably wasn't possible so, it was nice that the food was served on time. I was pleased with how the HGI cleaned up effectively after dinner. From what I could tell, there were no Hiccups in food service . Overall, the process was very smooth - especially for someone as attentive to detail as I am. Thank you HGI team!
  • User2353784 2+ years ago
    A beautiful venue, inside and outside too. The food was delicious, and somehow they served 250 very quickly. Everyone was very professional and helpful. Would definitely use this venue again. I plan on staying here again just because I love it so much.
  • User2134423 2+ years ago
    The venue was a perfect match for our vision. The sales and catering personnel were easy to work with.
  • User2437587 2+ years ago
    Wonderful and professional venue. The newer coordinators (the initial meeting with a prior- she has since left- was not well conducted) were very prompt and upfront with details (times, drop-offs, requests). Elegant setting, delicious food. Great reviews from guests!!
    Bridget Married on 01/04/2014
    The food was very good and the chef was open to doing special dishes (i.e. vegetarian, gluten-free, etc.). The only downside is that it can be on the expensive side for what it is.
    Darcel Married on 09/22/2018
    Maddie did a great job. Bartenders were unprofessional and rude. Good was great. Rooms were nice clean. Entire wedding group could have been together on same floor