Hillside Country Club Reviews

Hillside Country Club 4
Hillside Country Club 5
  • Jessica

Jessica Thompson · Married on 11/17/2018

We had the time of our life!

Hillside was absolutely amazing! Our guests had such a great time and raved about the setup, food, and service. All of the staff were so accommodating and the service was incredible. We got married on 11/17/18 and had fire pits and s'mores outside for the guests-this was such a huge hit! We honestly can't say enough about how awesome this venue is. Ashley, Sue, and all of the staff helped make our night one to remember. We woke up the next morning wanting to do it all over again! Thank you for everything!

• Jason

Jason Santos · Married on 10/07/2018

Best Day Ever!

Not even sure where to begin! From the space to the level of service this place is as good as it gets! We couldn't have asked for anything more. This venue and staff made what could have been a very stressful experience absolutely seamless and easy. The level of hospitality to hitting every detail, to all that they offer made this day easy and exceptionally special. If you are looking for a venue this is your place!

Christina · Married on 08/25/2018

Amazing!!!!!

I am so happy I chose Hillside CC for my wedding! This place was amazing!!! From the first meeting I felt like they had every detail of the wedding covered and they absolutely did!!!! My wedding was perfect!! Many of my guests called after the wedding to tell me how good the food was - and it really was .... ! The staff were very accommodating to me and my husband along to all of my guests! The grounds are breathtaking and plenty of places for pictures and a very nice comfortable bridal suite! You will not be disappointed with this venue - they truly care about making your day perfect and it was !!! Thank you Hillside Country Club!! ❤️

Samuel and Glenna · Married on 04/14/2018

Hillside Country Club was by far the best decision we ever made for our wedding reception. We had shopped around to other venues and Hillside was head over heels better than the best. They view of the golf course was amazing. Having the cocktail hour outside was perfect. Many options for different picture opportunities. The staff was incredibly accommodating.

Brittany · Married on 11/17/2017

Hillside was a great venue for our wedding. We couldnt have picked a better place! Staff and management were absolutley wonderfull and helpful! I highly recommend hillside country club!

Amanda · Married on 11/04/2017

Everyone at Hillside did an amazing job, the food was delicious , great atmosphere. Everyone who worked that did a great job also, I would recommend Hillside to anyone who's looking for a wedding venue

Hillside Country Club 6
    Hillside Country Club 7
    Hillside Country Club 8

Jennifer · Married on 10/20/2017

Love love love it here! I just got married here on 10.20.17 and have zero complaints! The ballroom is BEAUTIFUL, big, elegant, & just perfect for any color scheme/wedding theme! I loved cocktail hour outdoors with the fire pits going and a wonderful hor d'oeuvre display that my guests enjoyed. My day of coordinator Justine was so nice! She got my vision perfectly and decorated everything so much better than I could’ve ever imagined! She was on top of everything on my wedding day and helped my day go smoothly! Ashley was also SO helpful through the planning process and was so easy to work with during my stressful moments. (I can’t thank you both enough for being so amazing!) I even had my rehearsal dinner here the night before and it was so perfect & the food was delicious!! I’ve gotten so many compliments of my wedding and the venue has been on top of the list! Needless to say I highly recommend Hillside :) ❤️- Mrs. Morrissey

Talene · Married on 09/30/2017

I had my wedding at Hillside and couldn't be happier with how everything turned out! Ashley and Justine were very accommodating with every request I had! The service day of was quick, the food was great, and everything turned out just how I envisioned! Would highly recommend!

Meagan · Married on 09/16/2017

Ashley was the best!!! She truly got my idea and brought it to life!!! Could not have been happier with the entire day, Thank you!

Mary · Married on 09/02/2017

Event coordinators Ashley and Justine took care of everything and reassured us that everything would run smoothly! And it did! Lots of compliments about the food and beautiful venue!

Diane · Married on 07/15/2017

Hillside county club was awesome. The entire staff was very nice and willing to help. Ashley was amazing she went above and beyond to make sure everything was the way you had envisioned it to be. I can’t express how pleased I was with them. If I had to do it again I wouldn’t even think twice about a place hillside is where I would go ( but I don’t plan on getting married again) . The ceremony area is so nice over looking the water and the water fall makes pictures look amazing. The waiting staff is super nice and the food is awesome. I recommend Hillside Country Club to have your wedding at you won’t be disappointed.

• ChristinaS

Christina · Married on 04/28/2017

Hillside was amazing! We had our ceremony and reception there. The staff was extremely accommodating and nice! Kate is by far the best wedding coordinator out there! She was with me from start to finish and never got annoyed that I asked so many questions. I would definitely recommend Hillside to anyone!

• amanda

amanda · Married on 11/26/2016

My husband and I are so happy we decided to book Hillside Country Club as our venue. Prior to our wedding day it was always very easy to be in contact with them. If I sent an e-mail or called Kate or Ashley (the coordinators) they would get back to me right away. Before our cocktail hour began my bridal party and I were welcomed with a layout of fruit and cheese and a bottle of champagne in the bridal suite, which was nice because we were all starving. The entire place was set up how I asked and then some. It was absolutely beautiful. It is two weeks later and I am still receiving compliments of how beautiful everything was. The restaurant area and the patio area for my cocktail hour was perfect with the outdoor propane firepits and heaters for the guests. Last but not least the food was AMAZING and they offer many delicious items to give out as a late night snack. We chose the hamburger sliders and they were delicious. Many of our guests were thankful we did this. Kate was amazing the entire night. She was always there for ask if I needed anything and made sure the night ran smoothly. All of our decorations and items were neatly packed for us to take with us so we didn't have to worry about that when we were saying goodbye to our guests.

Tania · Married on 09/16/2016

My husband and I just got married here on September 16, 2016-- I literally could not thank Kate and her team enough!! From the get go Ashley and Kate were so helpful, accommodating, and truly wanted to work with us (budget and flexibility wise). The venue's incredibly gorgeous grounds and ballroom speak for itself. The packages Hillside offer are extremely worth it! The baked haddock with the seafood stuffing was by far my favorite for a meal choice-- and we received SO many compliments on how good ALL the food was (appetizers, meals, ice cream sundae bar!).

The service we received at Hillside Country Club alone was worth every penny.... On the day of our wedding, our band arrived almost an hour late. As a bride, you can imagine my stress at this point; Kate did not HESITATE to try and pull everything together for us-- even allowing us to stay an extra hour to make up for our missed time. She kept us all calm and after that one and only hiccup it ended up being a beautiful night. I could not have imagined getting married anywhere else.

I highly recommend Hillside Country Club for any couple looking for a gorgeous, elegant venue with a great bang for your buck!

• User5034700 · event on: 04/04/2015

This was a very important day for me-- our first child to be married, all of my family and members invited, add to that a nervous mom. The staff went above and beyond to make this an unforgettable day for my son and his fiancé.

My guests complimented the cuisine, the attention to detail by the staff, and the top notch service by the wait staff. Most importantly was the care and consideration provided by the events coordinator Ashley--she was amazing!

Amy · Married on 10/24/2015

I would highly recommend Hillside Country Club as a wedding venue! We were just married on Oct 24th, 2015, and we couldn't be happier with our venue choice! The wedding coordinator, Ashley, is absolutely wonderful! She was very helpful with any questions we had during the planning process and is full of helpful suggestions. The venue itself is wonderful. The grounds are lovely for pictures and the ballroom has beautiful hardwood floors. Our ceremony was outside in the gazebo overlooking the pond and it was gorgeous! I was very impressed with how accommodating they were with special food requests! One of my bridesmaids has celiac disease and can only have gluten free foods. They were able to provide her with not only a gluten free dinner, but they made some of the hors d'oeurves gluten free as well and brought them right into the bridal suite for her! During cocktail hour, there was never a shortage of hors d'oeurves, and guests raved about how delicious the food at dinner was. Overall we had an amazing experience with Hillside!

Linda · Married on 10/17/2015

Ashley and Kate were great to work with. The pricing was reasonable for what they offered. Everything came together. They just recently renovated the venue. Would recommend hillside country club to anyone looking for a great venue.

Melissa · Married on 06/13/2015

There's almost no words to describe how happy I was with the service and the staff! The venue is absolutely gorgeous from the ballroom to the outdoor patio as well as the grounds. There are so many places to take pictures on the grounds as well. All my guests raved about the food at cocktail hour as well as the dinner. The staff really knows what they are doing here, you drop off all your things a few days before the wedding and Ashley and her team take care of the rest! Ashley made me feel at ease with the whole process and was always there when I had questions, which as a bride, we have several! I would recommend this place to anyone looking for a venue for their wedding! We took full use of the outdoor fire pit where our guests relaxed in Adirondack chairs while taking part in our S'mores bar! Everyone had such a good time at my wedding and I couldn't have pulled it together without Ashley, Kate and the event team. This place knows what they are doing and you will not be disappointed!! Check it out!!!

• User5119939 · 2+ years ago

I just had my wedding at Hillside Country Club on May 23, 2015 and could not be happier with my whole experience there! I had very high expectations and Hillside and the coordinator Ashley far exceeded them all! When looking for a venue, I wanted something classic and elegant with an upscale feel (I'm definitely not a country/barn wedding kind of girl). I saw so many venues and none of them captured the look and feel I was aiming for. Then I walked into Hillside and knew instantly that this was the place for me! The high tray ceilings, stunning chandeliers and breathtaking views are truly incredible! I didn't find any other venue within my budget that had the same atmosphere and feel! My guests are still commenting about how beautiful the grounds and ballroom of Hillside are! Not only is Hillside gorgeous but the food there is delicious and the staff are so incredibly helpful! The coordinator Ashley was an absolute dream to work with! She really took the time to explain everything to me and answered all of emails quickly! She never made me feel like I was bothering her (although I'm sure I was at some points)! On the day of the wedding Kate coordinated everything and she was fantastic! I was running a little behind schedule and she made me instantly feel calm and at ease! She made my big day run so smoothly! I cannot say enough about Hillside, their fabulous staff and their stunning environment and trust me I'm picky and hard to please! Hillside provided me with the type of wedding I never thought I would ever be able to have, or afford! I would highly recommend this venue to anyone who is looking for a place with gorgeous ambiance, scrumptious food and a helpful, amazing staff!

Heather · Married on 11/08/2014

What can I say absolutely amazjng! Ashley, Nancy and the rest of the staff were amazing. I ended up being an hour late with the rest of my girls due to an unforseen problem and they got everything off without anymore hitches. The venue and landscaping is beautiful and I'm so happy to have had our wedding there it was amazing!

• Jeanette

Jeanette · Married on 10/15/2011

We had our Ceremony and Reception at Hillside Country Club and it was hands down the best service ever received! From the food to the service to our geourgous ceremony the staff at Hillside were second to none! The owners Steve and Dave Lombardi, formally the 1025 Club in Johnston, were just amazing! They give each wedding it's own special attention and who could ask for anything else!!! I attended 2 weddings this year at two different venues in the area and none could compare to Hillside Country Club. If your looking for a beautiful hall, beautiful grounds, excellent staff, great food, and great prices come to Hillside. Promise you won't be dissapointed!!!!

larry · Married on 10/02/2011

Hillside Country Culb is simply the Best We could not have had a better
    Day!! any where esle!!!!!!

Kathy · Married on 09/24/2011

My daughter's September wedding at Lombardi's Hillside was everything we had envisioned and more. Every one of our 192 guests has raved about what a great wedding we had and that it was the best wedding they had been to in a long time. We even had peolple sending us thank you notes for inviting them!
    The reason the wedding was such a success was clearly all the Lombardi's. They are experts at throwing a great party, they know the correct timing to keep the flow going, the food is excellent, the room looked great with the chair covers and floor length table cloths.
    The staff is sooooo accomodating from the event coordinator, Jeanette to the wait captain and especially Steven and David Lombardi. You just tell them what you think you want and they will tell how they will make it work. When you give people great food and good entertainment in a warm friendly environment you can't go wrong. We were so proud of the wedding we gave our daughter. I highly recommend Lombardi's Hillside for your wedding, shower or any event.

Amanda · Married on 05/07/2011

Our wedding was amazing. Hillside Country Club also provided us with our table centerpieces and we held our wedding rehearsal dinner here as well. We had our ceremony outside at the gazebo and they had amazing places to take photos. Jeanette was great to work with - she answered all my questions, provided us with referrals and recommendations (and the ones we used were fantastic!) The food was fabulous - we had stuffed chicken and prime rib as our entrees.
    The only issue that we did have was that my step father told the bartenders that the bride(myself) & groom had an open bar (he would be paying for all our drinks) and not to let us buy any drinks as it was a surprise but we both went up numerous times and they had charged my husband and I for drinks.
    But with that being the ONLY complaint - I would definately refer Hillside to ANY & EVERYONE! It was perfect, just what everyone wants for their wedding day!!!