Hill Country DJ Reviews

Hill Country DJ 2
Hill Country DJ 3
  • Rebecca

Rebecca · Married on 04/25/2015

DJ Floyd was our wedding reception DJ on 4/25 and he helped us have an amazing reception!! From our first meeting, Floyd listened to what we had to say and made professional recommendations to help guide us in our decision making. The online portal was easy to use and helped us stay organized with our music choices. Floyd nailed it and made our reception such a memorable event, he keep the dance floor hopping and helped the whole evening flow! We couldn’t be happier with DJ Floyd as our DJ and recommend him to everyone!!

Sent on 11/09/2015

Stephanie · Married on 04/18/2015

Our wedding reception was amazing and the music was perfect throughout the night with Floyd being out dj for the evening! We wanted a dance party for our wedding and Floyd was there to bring on the music! I would highly recommend this company for your wedding or any type of celebration! Floyd worked well with our schedules and really listened to what we wanted for our wedding. I wouldn't have changed single thing about our dj choice, everyone raved about the music and how everything flowed together!

Sent on 06/29/2015
  • Lauren Mercer

Lauren · Married on 02/07/2015

DJ Mitch was awesome and had all 215 of our guests on the dance floor all night long. The music was awesome and I loved how he stayed updated with us through emails and phone conferences (we planned the wedding from Houston). The price was great and the customer service was excellent!! Thanks, Mitch!

Sent on 06/01/2015

Floyd was a great addition to our wedding. He played great music, ran all over the place helping to ensure that we were in the right place at the right time, and was generally just a fun person to work with. Highly recommend!

Sent on 01/16/2015

Melanie · Married on 12/07/2014

AMAZING! Floyd was awesome. he could read the crowd and played lots of fun music! he listened to me and was just awesome to work with.

Sent on 12/15/2014

Hannah · Married on 11/15/2014

I couldn't have been happier with DJ Floyd. He is very personable, and I loved that he plays music based on the audiences reaction (of course he will play only your provided list of music if that's what you prefer). I told him that other than being married, my husband and my goal for the wedding was that all of our guests had fun! I met with Floyd to discuss a flexible idea of music, but he watched our friends and family and played what made them dance. And they danced all night long! One of my friends said "Your DJ was great! I don't normally dance at weddings, but I danced almost every song at yours!" Floyd was the perfect pick!

Sent on 12/01/2014

L · Married on 11/08/2014

We hired Hill Country DJ to be our wedding DJ at our reception. DJ Mitch was awesome! We didn't have much of a list ready, so he talked us through it and gave us some options. We gave him an idea of what we were looking for in regards to dinner music and dance music and he knew exactly what we looking for. The dinner music was mixed very well and some friends commented how well it accompanied the dinner. The dance music was great and got everyone on the floor! Mitch was very flexible and professional when there was little hiccups in the wedding schedule. The wedding was a success! Thank you for everything you have done Mitch and Hill Country DJ!

Sent on 01/03/2015

Sarah · Married on 10/17/2014

Nick at Hill Country DJ did our wedding and it was an absolute hit. We gave him 25-30 song suggestions and gave him free rein to play similar songs to our style as long as it kept the party going and the people dancing. We just wanted everyone to have a good time at our wedding, so the DJ is a huge part in keeping everyone involved and dancing. He succeeded with flying colors.

At one point Nick was actually on the dance floor dancing (in a completely professional manner) with our friends and family. At no point was the dance floor empty, as is common with many weddings, instead it was a great celebration that everyone enjoyed. We heard many positives about Hill Country DJ before booking, and everything was true. I'd recommend requesting Nick as your DJ if you're looking for your event to flow seamlessly and everyone to have a great time. I can guarantee you won't find a better value and someone so easy to work with that truly listens to what you want.

Sent on 10/26/2014

Alyssa · Married on 10/03/2014

Mitch did our wedding at the Terrace Club on 10/03/2014 and we couldn't have been more happier with the performance! My husband had HIGH expectations for our playlist and constantly wanted people on the dance floor, and that is exactly what Mitch delivered without any issues. He had everyone out on the dance floor from our grandparents (that swore they would never dance) to our little 1-3 yr old nieces that didn't want to step foot off the dance floor, from the time the dance floor opened until the end of the night. It was everything we had wanted plus more. He was very responsive to my emails and also helping with song choices. He is AWESOME and if you book with him you will NOT be disappointed and neither will your guest!!

Sent on 10/31/2014

Vickie · Married on 09/20/2014

Mitch Baer was the DJ from Hill Country DJ for my daughter's wedding. His choice of songs was wonderful. He was very "in tune" with the guests to play the songs that kept everyone moving. We didn't have to give him much direction. He was very professional..not corny....do not hesitate to choose him when deciding on a DJ for your special day. My daughter was very happy and I think all the guests, whether they were dancing or not, enjoyed the music!

Sent on 10/13/2014

Kellie · Married on 09/14/2014

Floyd is on POINT. Not only did i worry I was too vague about my song selection, but my musical spectrum was all over the place. I was asking a lot of this guy-a complete stranger-to magically figure me out, my musical taste and preferred party vibe -within 48 hours of the party of the century----AND HE NAILED IT!

Several of my guests have expressed that my wedding and reception were the best they'd been to. Music moves people!

Hill Country DJ--Mission accomplished. Good work. And of course, THANK YOU SOO SO MUCH!! ♿️?????

Sent on 10/30/2014
  • Jessica

Jessica · Married on 09/13/2014

DJ Mitch rocked the house at our wedding on September 13th at Rancho Mirando! He had everyone out on the dance floor including my husband who NEVER dances (he ended up dancing all night)! Since we planned the wedding from out of town, I didn't have the chance to meet up with Mitch before the wedding. Once we spoke on the phone, I knew we were in good hands! I had filled out the online list of songs that I wanted to be played, but I told Mitch that this was his area of expertise and to do what he does best! He definitely did it!! Everyone enjoyed his choice of songs and he made sure to include the ones that I really wanted too! Everyone danced the night away and had a great time! We would highly recommend Mitch!

Sent on 11/02/2014
  • U

Uma · Married on 09/06/2014

I'm really surprised that there aren't more reviews for this DJ company!

DJ Floyd was our DJ. And I could not have been happier. I was initially a bit worried because my husband and I were really vague during our meeting. (DJ: "Do you like xyz music?" Husband & I: "Errrr....") But amazingly, he was NOT fazed by our lack of direction. He read the room and increased/decreased the tempo accordingly. The dance floor was packed from song one! We even threw him a bit of a curveball and asked him to play some Bollywood music during the cocktail hour. We handed him a disc of the music AT the wedding! He handled that curveball splendidly and somehow knew exactly which songs to play. Our Bollywood loving friends tore up the dance floor.

I would highly recommend DJ Floyd.

Sent on 09/16/2014

We had Floyd as our wedding DJ and could not have been happier. He met with us before the wedding to get a feel for the type of music we like and he definitely delivered! Each segment of the wedding had the perfect music for the moment. Many of our guests were complimenting us for weeks after the wedding. We would highly recommend Hill Country Dj and especially Floyd for anyone looking for a wedding DJ.

Sent on 05/28/2015

Rachel · Married on 07/26/2014

Did an amazing job ! They did everything we asked and had uplighting as well. Very resourceful website for planning as well. The DJ ran our entire reception and our wedding wouldn't have been the same without him.

Sent on 08/10/2014

We had Mitch on the ones and twos for our wedding on 5/17/2014. We planned our entire wedding and knew that our guests would remember two things from the reception: the food and the music. We had the food covered, but knew that the music had to be bumping.

We liked what we heard at one wedding and asked about their DJ and was sent to GreenBelt DJ. Unfortunately, they were booked for our day, so they sent us to their sister company Hill Country DJ. We interviewed Mitch and liked what we heard. We hired Mitch for our wedding. There was very little contact until 3-4 weeks before the event. We met with Mitch 9 days before our event to go over the timeline and music selection for our entry, first dances, cake cutting, garter toss, boquet toss, and last dances. He asked us our music selection and told him that we liked Motown, classic 80's, and early 90s hip-hop. He caught our vibe and knew what to bring.

Mitch was the MC and worked well with our day-of coordinator. She kept things on schedule and he did the announcing. The wedding party made their entry and he announced us without a problem. He played Jazz and Motown during dinner. After dinner, we had our toasts and first dances. As the sun was up, our party was pretty tamed, but as the sun set, the dance floor started to bump and pretty soon, we had a steady diet of hip hop from the 90s and the noughts (00s). There was a soul train, people doing the worm down the train, and some people doing break dancing. This was due to Mitch playing the right music to create the right mood.

We are glad that we choose Hill Country DJ as our music provider. You will not have to worry about the music

Sent on 05/23/2014

Teresa · Married on 05/17/2014

DJ Nick was great for our wedding. We emailed back and forth multiple times before the wedding and we had an hour-long meeting where I explained what we did and absolutely did not want on the wedding day. He did not disappoint and stuck to the plan. Hill Country DJ has a cool system where you can plan the timeline of your event and pick songs you love, like or hate. I felt like we had control, which was important as we both love dancing and music. I had originally wanted a band for the wedding, but I'm so happy we went with DJ Nick and the team. They also spent a lot of time on our slideshow, making sure it was good for the event. They aren't pushy; they realize it's your day and they are there to help make it how you want it. Book them.

Sent on 05/27/2014

Tyler · Married on 04/11/2014

Hill Country is great to work with, and Nick in particular! He is more than happy to sit down with you in person or over the phone prior to the wedding, which I highly recommend. I had very specific requests for music, which he was happy to accommodate, but he also asked us several questions we hadn't considered. Hill County DJ also has an amazing online tool on which you can specify which songs you love, like, or hate, and their library is extensive. You can build a specific playlist if you want! They are also happy to acquire any songs they don't have in their library. Super easy to work with and I highly recommend DJ Nick!

Sent on 04/22/2014

Reagan · Married on 03/22/2014

Mitch was the DJ at our wedding back in March. He did an excellent job and we were very pleased with the music selections he chose! He was very responsive leading up to the wedding and was able to answer any and every question I had! He is professional and knowledgable when it comes to his job. My husband also surprised me during our first dance, and Mitch didn't miss a beat! I would highly recommend Mitch and Hill Country DJ.

Sent on 09/23/2014

DJ Nick did our wedding on December 28, and we couldn't have been more happy with him, both before and on the day of the wedding. Nick was great communicating with us through email and in person, and most important, he kept the dance floor packed at our wedding. We could not have asked for more. Thanks Nick!

Sent on 12/30/2013

Molly · Married on 09/21/2013

DJ Floyd did an amazing job! We were not completely sure what we wanted, but Floyd's questions during our prewedding meeting (which he agreed to do with us via Skype as we are not in Austin) really helped us focus and give him a direction. Hill Country DJ's website was also very easy to use and helpful, allowing us to indicate some must haves and must not haves. Floyd basically took it from there, making the music the easiest part of our planning process. AND he totally nailed it. He had most of the guests on the dance floor all night! He was also completely calm and cool when we made last minute changes. My husband and I, and I'm sure our guests, highly recommend DJ Floyd.

Sent on 09/25/2013

danielle · Married on 07/27/2013

We just used Hill Country DJ for our wedding on July 27th, 2013. Our DJ was Floyd and he did a fantastic job! He is very professional and knowledgable about music. Floyd kept everyone dancing all night! The company Hill Country DJ has an awesome website where you can plan your wedding down to the minute with what music is played (if you are super OCD haha). The website also lets you build playlists and request music. Floyd had no problem with me requesting custom songs, and even making suggestions he thought I would like. Everyone at Hill Country DJ aims to please and they respond very quickly to all e-mails, text messages and phone calls.

Overall working with Floyd and Hill Country DJ was a great experience and I would recommend them to anyone I know who is getting married!

Sent on 08/19/2013
  • User3741992 · 2+ years ago

DJ Nick MC'd our wedding in May and he was tremendous! I highly recommend him. From our first consultation at his home to the end of the reception, Nick was a first-class professional. He knows what it takes to ensure that people have a good time, and I could tell he was gauging his music selection to fit the mood of the crowd. His music got many people dancing! After the wedding I was told many times how much they enjoyed reception, and DJ Nick is due a fair amount of credit for that. Hire him - you won't regret it!

Sent on 12/19/2013

Kate · Married on 04/01/2016

We had the pleasure of Floyd's DJ skills at our wedding. In preparing for the day, Floyd asked great questions and took the time to get to know our music vibe. We wanted to share our own playlists just so he could get a better sense of our taste and he was very open to this. I'm from Texas but live in California and he was very easy to work with remotely. We received so many compliments on how fun the music was for the dance portion of the night and all of the music for the ceremony was seamless. We had some last minute layout changes due to weather and Floyd was flexible and didn't miss a beat. I also think that Floyd was a very good value for the quality of his DJ skills. Thanks Floyd!

Sent on 04/10/2016

SG · Married on 11/07/2015

DJ Floyd was awesome! Everyone was dancing and getting crazy and I love how he incorporated songs that I specifically requested (even if one of them was definitely not going to get people out on the dance floor, and I wanted it played because it was an inside joke for a big group of the people there). He kept a lot of people out on the dance floor all the way up until it was time to go. And even though we had been dancing for hours, a lot of guests weren't ready to stop! I had multiple friends come up to me saying it was one of the most fun receptions they had been to and a BIG part of that goes to Floyd and keeping the party hopping all the way through!

He definitely kept in mind requests that I made for songs. He also helped me think of genres of music and songs for specific parts of the wedding I hadn't even thought about and had no idea of. Floyd was also flexible and even when there were multiple changes about who was giving toasts/speeches/if there was going to be a father/daughter dance, he was good with all of it and just did his thing.

Would recommend Hill Country DJ/ DJ Floyd for anyone that wants to have a lot of dancing at their wedding- he's great at reading the crowd and keeping people out on the dance floor!

Sent on 11/28/2015