Highway 61 Films Reviews

17 | Chicago, IL

17 Reviews for Highway 61 Films

Samantha · Married on 06/04/2016

Wow, wow, wow!!! Our wedding video is perfect, everything we wanted and more!!! Recommend highly. Our wedding was June 2016. https://vimeo.com/191542247/d02f405df8 - check out our feature film.

Jennifer · Married on 10/10/2015

Jason and his team were such a welcomed presence on our wedding day! They demonstrated the utmost professionalism, warmth and kindness throughout the day. We are so beyond pleased with the final produced and will forever be grateful to them for capturing such special moments of our wedding. I would recommend Jason and his team to anyone considering videography for their wedding.

Bridget · Married on 09/19/2015

Initially, my husband and I were not sure if we wanted a videographer. We are so happy that we chose Jason and Highway 61 Films. A videographer is worth every penny! While we were very excited for our photos, we couldn't wait to get our hands on the video (specifically the short film they edit) to relive the day. In addition to the raw footage, Jason edited a 13 minute clip from start to finish and its remarkable. The video is so well done. I would recommend his service over and over!

Highway 61 Films was one of the most valuable pieces of our wedding day. I cannot recommend Jason and his team enough. They were professional, friendly, responsive, and great listeners. I had some specific styling ideas to make our video appear more vintage and Jason was happy to use different techniques to achieve these results. I looked specifically for a videographer that had amazing audio, and Highway 61 did not disappoint. There is nothing worse than seeing gorgeous shots with fuzzy audio of vows and toasts. One of the other best decisions we made was to have Highway 61 film our rehearsal lunch. Not only did we get a preview of what filming would be like on our wedding day (so discreet!) but we now have special moments included leading up to the big day! Additionally, Jason and his team made us feel like we were among friends which is so important because your videographers are with you through a whole day full of intimate moments. When we received our video, it came in adorable packaging and I love that we can access it online any time. It is truly a treasure to us and we can't wait to watch it for years to come.

Natalie · Married on 07/11/2015

Jason Monroe and the team at Highway 61 were fantastic. They were able to put hours and hours of footage together into a beautiful 12 minute highlight video that we have already watched multiple times and shared countless times with family and friends.

Samantha · Married on 06/27/2015

One word: AMAZING! Highway 61 Films is the best. Jason was a pleasure to work with and so professional. He is so creative and very flexible. Can't wait to see the final product!

Easy to work with and professional. We loved their non-linear approach to videos and were pleased at how reasonably they were priced. Jason filmed our May wedding and we were so pleased with how seamless the process was. They came to see the venue and meet in person before the big day, were extremely polite and professional, and worked great with our photographer to ensure the day was captured perfectly. Definitely would recommend.

We are so happy we picked Highway 61 to capture out wedding - they did a fantastic job and we could have not asked for a better team of professionals to be part of our wedding. From the Same day edit to the Featured Film they captured all the details. Jason was a pleasure to work with, he was extremely patient with us and delivered a great product. We were so happy with the quality of our wedding videos. We would highly recommend him/Highway61!

Lindsay · Married on 07/12/2014

Jason and the guys at Highway 61 were so awesome to work with. We didn't end up meeting them until the DAY OF our wedding as my fiance and I moved to North Carolina during our engagement. That didn't matter though as they were so professional and friendly! We had a lot of fun with them and would totally use them again. Aside from being a pleasure to work with, their work is absolutely beautiful! They really know their stuff! :) You won't be disappointed!!

Katie · Married on 06/07/2014

When my fiance and I got engaged, several friends told us the decision not to hire a videographer was their biggest wedding regret. We knew we wanted our day captured on film, but what sold us on Highway 61 Films was that Jason took our best man, maid of honor and my dad's toasts and used them as voiceovers throughout our video. It is so special to have my dad's words captured forever. We didn't want to watch our wedding video in 25 years and hear some song that is popular now, but that we find annoying then.

Of course we absolutely loved both the trailer and feature film from Jason and his team, but our friends and family did too. My friends told me, "I just watched it on repeat 10 times" and "All of the hair just grew back on my legs from goosebumps". Jason was able to effortlessly capture how much love, emotion and happiness there was on our wedding day and to me, that is priceless. I would recommend Highway 61 FIlms 1,000 times over.

Mila · Married on 11/02/2013

Jason is so incredibly talented at what he does!!!! My husband and I searched high and low for the perfect kind of a videographer and we found it in Highway 61 Films. These guys are friendly and uber professional, and it goes without saying, extremely hard working. The style of their videography was just what we were looking for, and with the initial meeting and viewing their videos, I knew we hit the jackpot.
    When we first saw our video, we and our entire family cried like babies. He really captures the special moments. Its clear he has a very sentimental side to him, which we really appreciated.
    We looooove Jason!
    Oh and by the way, our friends booked him for their wedding as soon as they saw his work on our trailer!!!! Yup, he is that great!

Rob · Married on 08/24/2013

Highly recommend Highway 61 Films. They did an amazing job on our wedding day of capturing all of the special moments. Everyone who we passed along the video to has raved about the work they do (most of them in tears). They are outstanding.

jackie · Married on 08/10/2013

We could not have been happier with Jason and his team! We loved the film "teaser" we got right after the wedding and the full length video did not disappoint. We interviewed a few videographers for our Chicago wedding and we were sold on Highway 61 from the first meeting. They are great to work with and I would recommend them to anyone!

Marian · Married on 07/06/2013

Outstanding team, communication and results. I would absolutely hire them again. If you have any question about whether to hire highway 61, just watch their videos, and know that no picture of your wedding can remind you more of the day than the videos will.

We couldn't be any happier with our experience with Highway 61 films for our wedding videography. Jason was great to work with. They are extremely creative and artistic and our family and friends are blown away by their work for our wedding video!! They make timeless, classic videos to capture your day. This is one of my favorite vendors from our wedding.

Doug · Married on 10/05/2012

It's the best thing we ever could have imagined and it captures the wedding almost better than if you were there. We are in tears we love it so much. Jason Monroe is top-notch and extremely professional, diligent and a perfectionist. He was just great to have at the wedding. He over-delivers!

Jessica · Married on 06/16/2012

Where do I begin? I guess I will start by saying that hiring Highway 61 Films was, by far, the best decision we made planning our wedding. They are an extremely talented group!! If you are lucky enough to work with them, I promise your socks will be knocked right off. Words cannot describe how pleased we are with our final product (my mom said she was going to watch the video every day)!

As for working with Highway 61 Films, they are extremely professional, easy going, AND an absolute joy to be around. They even visited our wedding/reception site (one state over) to scope out the location and feel of the venue. They worked wonderfully with our other venders, they are responsive, and finally - they are talented. Hire them and I promise you will NOT be disappointed. I’m now trying to think of how I can work with Highway 61 Films again….I guess plan another wedding. Ha!

Hope this was helpful brides-to-be!