64 Reviews for High Society Orchestra

Liability Insurance (1)
64 High Society Orchestra Reviews

4.7

We were in love with the High Society Orchestra's performance at our wedding...and so were our guests! Weeks later, people are still talking about what an awesome band we had.

We had seen in other reviews of High Society that some people had experienced delays in response or had to ask questions a couple times during the pre-wedding planning process, which we experienced to some extent as well. But at the end of the day, this band clearly knows what they're doing, is made of incredibly talented musicians, and absolutely delivers.

They got our guests involved, kept the dance floor packed the entire night, and made it a really special evening for my husband and I. I would definitely recommend them.

Profile Picture Lauren, 9/7/13, 4 Reviews
4.7

We hired the High Society Orchestra for our June 8th wedding, and I have to say, they were pretty darn great! I planned our wedding from California, so the day of the wedding, I was a little nervous considering that I'd never actually heard the band play live. I was also nervous because the room where the band would be playing was all marble, and I was worried that they would be too loud. I needn't have worried - they were just fabulous. The music was fantastic and they got the volume just right for both the ceremony (which was outside) and reception (which was inside). They kept people dancing all night until we shut the place down, which in my book, is the sign of a good night!

Profile Picture Alice, 6/8/13, 2 Reviews
Category: Band

High Society Orchestra performed at our November 12th wedding and they were absolutely fantastic! We found them by doing some googling and we inquired about watching them perform at an actual wedding. As luck had it, they were performing at a wedding and there was a balcony that we could watch from without disruption or for people to notice that we were not invited to the wedding! Anyway, I loved what I heard and saw and about five days later, we had them booked. We were in contact with the owner, Allan. Our wedding planner met with him on one occasion and for our final meeting, we all met with him. He definitely knew the business and knew that High Society is a great band to have. We talked about the music play list and the music that we wanted from an ipod (our first dance and mother/son dance was from an ipod). He said that he would be there the night of the event as he normally is and had some paper work for us to fill out with names of our parents, wedding party, toasts, prayers, the name of the first dance, etc. so that the MC could announce it. He answered all of our questions and was very good with communication. I had to do a lot of things via email as I work full-time and he answered pretty promptly always.

Fast forward to the wedding. First of all, all of our guests and my husband and I really loved them and they kept everyone moving. We got some many compliments on them. We had a 2 piece for the ceremony and cocktail hour and 9 piece and singers for the reception. However, there were a couple of things that went wrong that in my opinion, should not have.
1.) Allan was not there. His associate was there. Okay, fine but HELLO - maybe the bride and groom, wedding planner, and groom's family who hired you wanted to know who their point of contact was. All that really would have taken was a quick phone call or email.
2.) When my husband's uncles did a prayer, the announcer did not have their names. This made it a little awkward, and the names were provided to them on the survey that they needed two weeks prior to the event. I just don't understand why they didn't have the list with them. They had to have had part of the list because the parents and wedding party was announced.
3.) Our cutting the cake song was not played. They had instructions to play a song from our ipod and it just wasn't played. I understand that none of our guests noticed or cared but we noticed obviously. That wasn't a big deal, but my question is why?

They are expensive and the band itself was truly wonderful. I actually would recommend them because they were everything that I wanted in a band. The things I listed above were things that our guests probably didn't pay attention to, but as a bride, I did and was annoyed. Nonetheless, great band.

Profile Picture Nichole, 11/12/11, 4 Reviews
Category: Band

The band was fantastic! They played to our crowd and kept the dance floor packed the entire night. So many of our guests complimented us on the band saying it was the best wedding band they have seen. I was beyond pleased with High Society and truly enjoyed having them at our wedding. I would definitely recommend this band.

Profile Picture User7328781, 1+ year ago, 1 Review
Category: Band

High Society once again made the wedding a party! Thank you for keeping our guests dancing and entertained. You were fabulous. I especially loved how you rallied guests to form a circle around us (the bride and groom) for the last song while you played and we danced to "Love" by the Beatles before we left!
Thank you, thank you for an amazing night!

Profile Picture User2424320, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Band

High Society brought the house down. They were absolutely wonderful and kept the crowd dancing all night long, everyone was a sweaty mess by the end of the night. Allan was a pleasure to work with. They played first dance and father daughter dance perfectly and worked to learn a new song my husband and I really wanted as our last song because it has special meaning for us. That last song brought everyone to the floor and created the most special moment of the night. Would definitely recommend them!

Profile Picture Brooke, 9/8/12, 1 Review
Category: Band

Thank you all so much- everyone had an AWESOME time at the wedding! The dance floor was so fun and the night flew by! Having multiple singers really made a difference- people said they couldn't tell when the band stopped and the break playlists began. It's was really important to give the band a clear outline of the night so everything you want goes to plan, also provide phonetic spelling if they are announcing the wedding party.

Profile Picture User3643360, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Band

High Society played our wedding on 7/27/13.

They were versatile (a string quartet for the ceremony, a jazz quartet for drinks & dinner, and the full band for dancing.)

They were professional (they met with us in-person to coordinate everything in advance, and then got everything right on the actual day.)

And, most importantly, they were all fantastic musicians! (the band played for 3 hours straight because no one wanted to stop dancing, and they were able to learn several special requests we gave them in advance and did an outstanding job with them.)

They're not cheap, but we thought they were worth every cent, and a class act.

Profile Picture User3634835, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Band

The quality of our full 10 piece band was absolutely fantastic. Our friends and family will not stop raving about the music, the dance floor was packed all night long from the very first song! The vocalists had great energy and personalities and the music sounded amazing. They play a wide range of music well, from 60's rock to contemporary dance and really stick to what you tell them you like.

That said, we do want to point out that the Jazz trio we hired before the full band did not play as much as we had hoped (took many breaks with a Sinatra CD playing the majority of the time!) and the band leader / MC can be a bit unorganized which leads to additional stress for the bride (especially when he forgets her name after meeting her)! Despite this, the band was so great we definitely would use them again.

Profile Picture Jason, 9/15/12, 1 Review
Category: Band

This band will give the best performance you will see. The lead-up can provide some challenges but your entire party will remember this band.

Profile Picture User2627245, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Band

The band did an outstanding job.

Since we decided to have our wedding "New York Style" (AKA dancing in between each course), the band had to be ready to get the crowd moving. They did and then some! If you look in my pictures, almost everyone was dancing.

If I could have them do one thing over, I would have them call the Anniversary Dance by the name rather than "The Elimination Dance". Regardless, they were outstanding. I had several wedding guests tell me that this is the best band that they have ever seen play at a wedding. I would highly recommend.

Profile Picture Melissa, 5/17/08, 6 Reviews
4.3

My husband and I were thrilled with this band's performance at our wedding. So many of our guests could not stop commenting on how impressed they were with the groups talent and repertoire.

Profile Picture User3626088, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
3.8

I thought that the band did an excellent job, but during the preparation period it was sometimes difficult to communicate with Allan and I didn't always feel like he understood what we were looking for, which made me nervous about the day-of. I thought that the band on the day did a great job keeping everyone on the dance floor and being flexible with serenades by guests, etc.

Profile Picture Annie, 8/25/12, 1 Review
3.5

A fun and lively band! Great musicians.

Profile Picture User7412525, 1+ year ago, 1 Review