High Society Orchestra Reviews

78 | Chicago, IL

78 Reviews for High Society Orchestra

• Lee

Lee Barrie · Married on 09/03/2000

A wonderful wedding band, period!

I have attended several weddings where High Society played. As a professional musician myself, I highly recommend this band. They are extremely talented, energetic, professional, engaging and really know how to make the wedding celebration a grand party with great music performances! You simply cannot go wrong with High Society if you're looking for great dance music that is perfectly attuned to your wedding party's needs. They are very experienced and absolutely can be counted on to make your wedding a special one!

Sent on 11/02/2018

Liz · Married on 08/05/2017

High Society Orchestra brought SO much great energy to our wedding reception! My husband and I still say that one of the best decisions we made was choosing them. Do not hesitate in booking them - you and your guests will love them!

Sent on 10/07/2017

Elizabeth;
    Thanks you for taking the time to review High society. It was a wonderful wedding.

Natalie · Married on 06/02/2012

First, I just want to thank the whole High Society group for doing a great job from beginning to end. Everyone (Allan, Carlo, Donna, I don't remember everybody's name) was so nice and easy to work with.

Second, if you are reading this, you are probably considering hiring a band to play your wedding. The short of it is... HIRE HIGH SOCIETY!

They are professional. They played all of our requests. They we able to choose just the right songs to keep us dancing all night. We had a great time. Our family and friends commented on how great the band sounded. It just doesn't get any better than this.

HIRE HIGH SOCIETY!

Sent on 06/13/2012

Donna · Married on 06/25/2011

Hugely Entertaining. High Society Orchestra rocked the dance floor. Every guest was up and dancing. I didn't know I could hire a band this good. They even managed to get my father dancing. No DJ in the world could compete with the quality and energy of their performance.

Sent on 02/03/2012

Kathryn · Married on 09/23/2017

Extremely talented, excellent performers. HSO is great with a lively crowd and gets them involved. One singer at our wedding stepped off the stage and was singing on the dancefloor with the guests for a bit. Great interaction. The MC did mispronounce one name that we had sent to them phonetically, but nothing horrible. If you're extremely picky about what the MC will say during in-between time, or when presenting songs/first dances etc, then communicate what you want with them because they'll ad-lib. Overall extremely happy. They are worth the cost. They did my wedding and my sister's. Our family would highly recommend them for weddings.

Sent on 10/21/2017

Kathryn
    Thank you again for the wonderful review. Best wishes.
    Allan

High Society absolutely made our wedding reception. It has been over two months since our wedding, and people are still asking us about the "awesome band." They exceeded any expectations we had without a doubt. We would choose them 100x over! Highly recommend!

Sent on 11/08/2016

Cynthia · Married on 09/10/2016

Did anyone ever tell you that the band makes the party? Well that is 100% true. The High Society Orchestra rocked the house at our wedding. The entire night, our dance floor was packed right until the very end, as they were a high energy band that kept the party rocking all night long. There was not a single moment that the dance floor was not packed. We were absolutely blown away by how terrific they were. Their day of performance was absolutely phenomenal and they are very willing to cooperate. Allan (their manager) was part owner of one of the largest independent record labels in the country. He certainly knows how to put together many of the most talented musicians and singers in Chicago. Everyone had the best time and we were ecstatic with how they performed. They got our guests singing along on many songs and having a great time. Thank you from the bottom of our hearts.

Sent on 02/13/2017

Kevin · Married on 04/16/2016

High Society is a great band. The dance floor was packed the entire night. Allan the manager was easy to work with and very responsive. He walked us through everything and was able to answer any questions we had.

Sent on 09/13/2016

This band is amazing. The dance floor was full from the first song until the last. We really liked that they mixed in the old with the new - so many bands these day start with the 60's or 70's and work their way through chronologically, which I hate. We were really impressed with how many current songs they played as well - they must be continually adding new music. They have multiple vocalists and the quality did not waver from one to another. We contracted for them to play without breaks and it was well worth it. No one left the dance floor and the feedback we got again and again was, "best wedding band ever!" Allan was very responsive and professional. Outstanding!

Sent on 10/24/2013

Barb · Married on 09/21/2013

Once the band started, no one left the dance floor....even our priest! Allan was kind enough to let two of our guests sing their signature songs. Everyone had the best time. Thanks so much!

Sent on 10/23/2013

The band was amazing. Everyone loved them. Everyone was on the dance floor the whole time.

Sent on 09/10/2012

Kristin · Married on 07/27/2012

I loved High Society Orchestra! The band was excellent and all our guests raved about the music quality! A great value!

Sent on 08/08/2012

Suzy · Married on 03/10/2012

Our wedding was Magical and High Society helped make it so. I want to thank Allan, Vern, Tim and the whole band for making everything perfect. From the first dance to the last, we had a great time and our friends and family are still talking about how much fun the band was. They played all the songs we asked for and so many others that had our friends dancing all night. I never imagined we could have so much fun. Thanks High Society Orchestra!

Sent on 05/04/2012

Miranda · Married on 08/13/2011

We are so glad we booked you, you were fantastic. Our friends were texting and ringing months after the wedding saying how much they enjoyed the day. The music was professional and what a wonderful choice of music there was, even my 89 year old granddad was on the dance floor! I would not hesitate to recommend you to anybody else. Thank you again for playing at our wedding and being able to do it at such short notice.

Sent on 02/03/2012

Lauren · Married on 09/07/2013

3.5

We were in love with the High Society Orchestra's performance at our wedding...and so were our guests! Weeks later, people are still talking about what an awesome band we had.

We had seen in other reviews of High Society that some people had experienced delays in response or had to ask questions a couple times during the pre-wedding planning process, which we experienced to some extent as well. But at the end of the day, this band clearly knows what they're doing, is made of incredibly talented musicians, and absolutely delivers.

They got our guests involved, kept the dance floor packed the entire night, and made it a really special evening for my husband and I. I would definitely recommend them.

Sent on 09/30/2013

Alice · Married on 06/08/2013

We hired the High Society Orchestra for our June 8th wedding, and I have to say, they were pretty darn great! I planned our wedding from California, so the day of the wedding, I was a little nervous considering that I'd never actually heard the band play live. I was also nervous because the room where the band would be playing was all marble, and I was worried that they would be too loud. I needn't have worried - they were just fabulous. The music was fantastic and they got the volume just right for both the ceremony (which was outside) and reception (which was inside). They kept people dancing all night until we shut the place down, which in my book, is the sign of a good night!

Sent on 07/12/2013

High Society Orchestra's reply:

Thanks Alice! We had such a great time performing for your family and friends.

Nichole · Married on 11/12/2011

High Society Orchestra performed at our November 12th wedding and they were absolutely fantastic! We found them by doing some googling and we inquired about watching them perform at an actual wedding. As luck had it, they were performing at a wedding and there was a balcony that we could watch from without disruption or for people to notice that we were not invited to the wedding! Anyway, I loved what I heard and saw and about five days later, we had them booked. We were in contact with the owner, Allan. Our wedding planner met with him on one occasion and for our final meeting, we all met with him. He definitely knew the business and knew that High Society is a great band to have. We talked about the music play list and the music that we wanted from an ipod (our first dance and mother/son dance was from an ipod). He said that he would be there the night of the event as he normally is and had some paper work for us to fill out with names of our parents, wedding party, toasts, prayers, the name of the first dance, etc. so that the MC could announce it. He answered all of our questions and was very good with communication. I had to do a lot of things via email as I work full-time and he answered pretty promptly always.

Fast forward to the wedding. First of all, all of our guests and my husband and I really loved them and they kept everyone moving. We got some many compliments on them. We had a 2 piece for the ceremony and cocktail hour and 9 piece and singers for the reception. However, there were a couple of things that went wrong that in my opinion, should not have.
    1.) Allan was not there. His associate was there. Okay, fine but HELLO - maybe the bride and groom, wedding planner, and groom's family who hired you wanted to know who their point of contact was. All that really would have taken was a quick phone call or email.
    2.) When my husband's uncles did a prayer, the announcer did not have their names. This made it a little awkward, and the names were provided to them on the survey that they needed two weeks prior to the event. I just don't understand why they didn't have the list with them. They had to have had part of the list because the parents and wedding party was announced.
    3.) Our cutting the cake song was not played. They had instructions to play a song from our ipod and it just wasn't played. I understand that none of our guests noticed or cared but we noticed obviously. That wasn't a big deal, but my question is why?

They are expensive and the band itself was truly wonderful. I actually would recommend them because they were everything that I wanted in a band. The things I listed above were things that our guests probably didn't pay attention to, but as a bride, I did and was annoyed. Nonetheless, great band.

Sent on 05/08/2012

Ellen · Married on 09/17/2016

The band was fantastic! They played to our crowd and kept the dance floor packed the entire night. So many of our guests complimented us on the band saying it was the best wedding band they have seen. I was beyond pleased with High Society and truly enjoyed having them at our wedding. I would definitely recommend this band.

Sent on 10/19/2016

High Society once again made the wedding a party! Thank you for keeping our guests dancing and entertained. You were fabulous. I especially loved how you rallied guests to form a circle around us (the bride and groom) for the last song while you played and we danced to "Love" by the Beatles before we left!
    Thank you, thank you for an amazing night!

Sent on 11/05/2012

Brooke · Married on 09/08/2012

3.5

High Society brought the house down. They were absolutely wonderful and kept the crowd dancing all night long, everyone was a sweaty mess by the end of the night. Allan was a pleasure to work with. They played first dance and father daughter dance perfectly and worked to learn a new song my husband and I really wanted as our last song because it has special meaning for us. That last song brought everyone to the floor and created the most special moment of the night. Would definitely recommend them!

Sent on 09/25/2012

Thank you all so much- everyone had an AWESOME time at the wedding! The dance floor was so fun and the night flew by! Having multiple singers really made a difference- people said they couldn't tell when the band stopped and the break playlists began. It's was really important to give the band a clear outline of the night so everything you want goes to plan, also provide phonetic spelling if they are announcing the wedding party.

Sent on 10/30/2013

High Society Orchestra's reply:

Thanks for the great review! Folks like you make our job awesome and easy.

3.0

High Society played our wedding on 7/27/13.

They were versatile (a string quartet for the ceremony, a jazz quartet for drinks & dinner, and the full band for dancing.)

They were professional (they met with us in-person to coordinate everything in advance, and then got everything right on the actual day.)

And, most importantly, they were all fantastic musicians! (the band played for 3 hours straight because no one wanted to stop dancing, and they were able to learn several special requests we gave them in advance and did an outstanding job with them.)

They're not cheap, but we thought they were worth every cent, and a class act.

Sent on 10/27/2013

Jason · Married on 09/15/2012

3.0

The quality of our full 10 piece band was absolutely fantastic. Our friends and family will not stop raving about the music, the dance floor was packed all night long from the very first song! The vocalists had great energy and personalities and the music sounded amazing. They play a wide range of music well, from 60's rock to contemporary dance and really stick to what you tell them you like.

That said, we do want to point out that the Jazz trio we hired before the full band did not play as much as we had hoped (took many breaks with a Sinatra CD playing the majority of the time!) and the band leader / MC can be a bit unorganized which leads to additional stress for the bride (especially when he forgets her name after meeting her)! Despite this, the band was so great we definitely would use them again.

Sent on 10/13/2012

3.5

This band will give the best performance you will see. The lead-up can provide some challenges but your entire party will remember this band.

Sent on 08/29/2012

Melissa · Married on 05/17/2008

3.0

The band did an outstanding job.

Since we decided to have our wedding "New York Style" (AKA dancing in between each course), the band had to be ready to get the crowd moving. They did and then some! If you look in my pictures, almost everyone was dancing.

If I could have them do one thing over, I would have them call the Anniversary Dance by the name rather than "The Elimination Dance". Regardless, they were outstanding. I had several wedding guests tell me that this is the best band that they have ever seen play at a wedding. I would highly recommend.

Sent on 08/25/2008