High Impact Entertainment Reviews

150 | Winston Salem, NC

150 Reviews for High Impact Entertainment

Briana · Married on 07/30/2016

My husband and I got married on July 30, 2016 at The Cotton Room in Durham, NC and Mike Steffan of High Impact Entertainment was our DJ for the evening. In addition to providing DJ services during the reception, he provided mics for our officiant and guest readers, music during the cocktail hour, and beautiful lighting during the dancing portion of the night. Mike and his assistant were consummate professionals and were accommodating throughout the entire planning process. Mike's attention to detail and efforts to play all of our guests' song requests (including Pretty Woman requested by the grandmother of the groom) stood out to us and all of our friends and family in attendance. If given the opportunity, book him! We highly recommend High Impact Entertainment!

Sent on 08/06/2016

Megan · Married on 06/25/2016

Such a great DJ! Great value for the service Mike provides!!!

Sent on 12/09/2016

Ashlan · Married on 06/17/2016

We loved working with Mike. He met with us and really got to know our music tastes. He was very helpful and picked out the perfect music for everyone to enjoy on and off the dance floor! He was excited to help us with our sports themed introduction and he was a great MC. He kept the night flowing and even checked in with us to make sure everything was going well. He have to be cheesy making announcements or make guests play awkward games to keep everyone entertained. He was so good at reading the crowd and we had so much fun! Highly recommend working with them!

Sent on 09/03/2016

Jennifer · Married on 06/11/2016

Mike was AWESOME! My husband and I LOVE music and felt this part of our reception was one of the most important ones! We had a very specific idea for the end of the evening and Mike understood our vision and made it a reality. Our late night hip hop dance party was a huge SUCCESS with all of our friends. His planning system was easy to use and allowed our guests to get on and request songs prior to the reception. He was easy to get in touch with and very responsive and most of all reasonably priced. I would highly recommend Mike and High Impact Entertainment to other brides!

Sent on 06/16/2016

Kendra · Married on 06/05/2016

DJ Mike was awesome! He was dependable and was amazing at playing exactly what we requested beforehand and playing fun family friendly music all our guests could join in on! We definitely had a mix of ages at our wedding and he did fantastic at bridging the age gap with the music!!! I highly recommend him for any brides who want an affordable and high quality DJ. His DJ setup is also very classy !!

Sent on 06/11/2016

Larry · Married on 05/28/2016

Mike and High Impact Entertainment were absolutely incredible to work with and exceeded all expectations. They make the planning process easy and are highly responsive. The website provides a customer portal to enter all the necessary details and yet they still provide the personal touch. They are very agile and were able to give us exactly what we wanted and more. We had a cocktail hour outside that required a remote speaker, light background music and emcee duties which all were pulled off expertly. Our guests were blown away in that environment. Mike had our timeline in his hand at all times and kept us right on schedule. He was there when we needed him and crushing it behind the turntables the rest of the time. We told him the style of music we wanted and his selections were awesome. The dance floor was full the entire time. The lights they use give a very cool and classy vibe, not at all cheesy. This was the first time they worked this venue and the venue owner was so impressed that they want to put High Impact Entertainment on their preferred vendor list. This speaks to their total and complete professionalism and talent. I honestly cannot say enough good things. If you want worry free entertainment that will give you exactly what you are looking for and much more then the best decision you can make in your planning is to call High Impact Entertainment.

Sent on 06/06/2016
  • F

Frank · Married on 05/27/2016

Outstanding service does not even come close to expressing our delight with Mike and High Impact Entertainment!!!

Sent on 06/06/2016
  • Jenna

Jenna · Married on 05/21/2016

Wonderful DJ!

Mike did a phenomenal job throughout our entire wedding reception - the evening went seamlessly and he allowed us to not even have to think about what was supposed to come next in our itinerary. Also, the music was on point!! The dance floor was never empty all night! Highly recommend to anyone looking for a DJ who will remain professional while also bringing the party to the next level!

Sent on 05/03/2019

Tracey · Married on 05/14/2016

Mike was an INCREDIBLE DJ for our wedding. We LOVE to dance....And he got that. He is incredibly intuitive as to when and how to fill each aspect of an early spring outdoor intimate mountain ceremony turns intimate family a d friend reception turns UP.... ;) He took our music profile and maximized it for every moment. The greatest part about Mike... he is not an over the top, loud mouth, sound effects type DJ...His music and mixes do all the talking. Even so...He was incredibly efficient and knowledgeable during wedding prep and day of. I am, admittedly, a control freak...And, even I, felt complete confidence in his skills and abilities all around. Mike really goes above and beyond and has true passion for his art! THANK YOU AGAIN MIKE!!!! You, TRULY, are THE BEST!

Sent on 03/11/2017

Becca · Married on 04/24/2016

Mike was absolutely incredible! He was incredibly easy to work with and was always available. He helped with our entire time line and we never had to worry about anything. The entire sound system was in place for the outside component of our wedding and the songs were perfect and exactly what we asked for. He was a great DJ and we had a great time at the reception. His website was great at picking songs that we wanted played at the wedding and he did an incredible job of filling in the gaps (he had a great idea of what music we liked based on the songs we selected on our website). He was very nice and super easy to work with! We loved him and would completely recommend him to anyone!

Sent on 04/27/2016

Jonathan · Married on 04/16/2016

Mike was easy to work with from day one. He was always very fast with correspondence and easy to talk to. He offered suggestions and provided positive feedback. He was also punctual, professional, and a flat out great DJ. On top of being a great value, we couldn't give him a higher recommendation.

Sent on 04/19/2016
  • P&G

Gladys · Married on 04/09/2016

We absolutely loved our DJ Mike! He owns the company and takes great pride in making his customers happy. Mike was always accessible and responsive -- phone calls and emails addressed promptly! He is located in Winston Salem, but he was always available to come to Charlotte for in-person meetings. He can do Skype meetings, too! Our wedding was unique as my husband is a bit older than me, but Mike handled it extremely well with the perfect balance of music selection that appealed to all our guests -- younger and older! He also has a great website for planning your big day. On the website, you and your guests can enter your song requests. If you can't remember the name of the song or the artist, there is a search tool and you can listen to a short clip of the song. In addition, he provided his expert advice whenever necessary. I'm a high-maintenance, high-touch customer, and I can tell you that Mike delivered 100%! He took care of all of our requests - playlists, special dedications, special lighting, movie, etc. His nice, easy going approach made for such a wonderful experience all the way around! HIGHLY, HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!

Sent on 05/30/2016

Sarah · Married on 03/25/2016

BEST DJ EVER!! So helpful and willing to do anything to make your day perfect and special. I HIGHLY recommend using High Impact Entertainment!!

Sent on 04/05/2016

Meghan · Married on 01/16/2016

"Fun" is one of the words my husband and I keep hearing to describe our wedding, and we know that much of that is thanks to Mike and High Impact Entertainment! Mike was just so responsive and as "approachable" as a vendor can be, digitally-speaking, throughout our whole wedding planning process! He was great! As busy as my husband and I were during our reception, we didn't get to do much dancing ourselves, but our guests tell us that had a fantastic time and that "the DJ was great!" They said his transitions were really smooth and that his song selections were a great fit for our crowd. Everybody had a good time, and that's all we wanted for our day!

High Impact Entertainment IMMEDIATELY stood out to us as the best value for our money, even before we started speaking with Mike. The online database/portal they have to help organize your wedding songs and playlists for the event was so easy and organized, and the "Your Name In Lights" addition to one of the packages is just really cool. Our venue had a chalkboard wall, so instead of paying someone to draw something on it, we had Mike project our personalized "logo" on the black wall and it looked great as a backdrop to the dancing (it shows up in the pictures even with the lights turned down)!

Mike, thank you so much for being so great to work with and helping to make our day so fun and enjoyable for us and our guests! You were awesome!

Sent on 02/01/2016

Kaitlyn · Married on 11/28/2015

We first heard Mike at our good friend's wedding in May 2014. I had never heard a DJ before where I immediately said YES and was just so impressed with his work! The music flowed seamlessly and he chose so many great overlapping songs. So, of course I asked for his information, just so that I could share how awesome he was with other people who may need his services. When we decided to get married and host a reception I knew who to call! Mike with HighImpactEntertainment is AHMAZING. His personality meshed so well with ours and when we video-chatted before the event it helped ease any anxiety we may have had about the event and answer any remaining questions he/we had. We did not have a traditional reception with a lot of specifics, but they have a whole form that you can outline and add to at anytime (super helpful). They also have links to a request list for guests - a GREAT feature for when you have guests who want to request things and you don't want to have to worry about adding them yourself. (: He makes sure that what he has matches what you are wanting to hear and customizes your event. He was awesome too during our event about keeping us on track and respecting the schedule (of course we did not wear watches!). Mike was a fantastic MC/DJ/schedule-keeper/dance-party-maker. (: If we ever host another big get together we will be reaching out to him. It was AWESOME. Thank you, thank you!

Sent on 12/07/2015

Cassie · Married on 11/07/2015

Simply put - Mike nailed it. My (now) husband and I had music at the top of our "most important vendor" list for our wedding and Mike blew all of our expectations out of the water. He put his experience as a club and wedding DJ to great use as he effortlessly read the crowd - seamlessly shifting songs based on our guests' reactions to keep everyone on the dance floor the entire night.

He even went above and beyond to re-play one of our favorite songs when we got pulled away to take photos in the middle of dancing. So talented! And organized! We loved the online program he used to create our wedding day soundtrack. So easy to add in details and change as needed.

I was very concerned with finding the perfect DJ for our wedding and Mike was just that - look no further, you've found your guy!

Sent on 11/09/2015

Robin · Married on 10/24/2015

Mike with HighImpact was awesome. He was very accommodating before & during the ceremony as well as the reception. Equipment was high quality as was his service. We would definitely recommend to others.

Sent on 11/08/2015

We gave Mike a general direction of what we were looking for with the wedding music and he totally nailed it. He played a great variety of music and we've since had many of our wedding guest comment on how much fun the reception was because of the music and dancing. We've never seen so many people on a dance floor at a wedding. He was also patient and wonderful to work with. I would highly recommend High Impact Entertainment for any type of event.

Sent on 12/16/2015

High Impact was the best. I have never been to a wedding that had just an energetic dance floor and that was all because of the DJ! I have had people come up to me months after the wedding and comment on how fun it was and how awesome the DJ was. Not only did he keep the party going, he also made the night feel extremely organized. He made sure we were on track with the schedule and nothing got left off. I will 100% recommend High Impact! I hope to use them for all my future parties!!

Sent on 03/06/2016

Kristyn · Married on 09/25/2015

I want to leave the best review possible for Mike! He was one of the best DJ's I have ever experienced at a venue. I know it was my wedding, but I couldn't be more thankful we found him! He let us send him our song choices for the ceremony last minute, we made abrupt changes throughout the reception for different things and he just rolled with it. EVERYONE loved the music that was played and everyone stayed on the dance floor. Some people didn't want to leave and were sad when the music ended! He was so professional and kept the flow of music along with the flow of the night going so smoothly. I highly recommend him to anyone that wants their reception to be amazing and for everyone to love. I had compliments about the choice of DJ from kids to adults that were shocked that it wasn't just oldies played, or just new music. Everyone was able to enjoy the different variety of music he played. I will refer him to anyone and use him for any other function that myself or my family has. If there was a possible way to give more than 5 stars, I would definitely do it!!

Sent on 10/01/2015

Sarah · Married on 09/06/2015

I would highly recommend Mike to DJ your events! He was extremely professional and responded quickly to emails. My wedding was a brunch wedding and he made it a party!!!! Everyone loved the music and had a blast! Would definitely ask him to DJ any upcoming parties or events in the future.

Sent on 09/15/2015

Courtney · Married on 09/05/2015

I first heard DJ Mike at my best friend's wedding and had such an amazing time. DJ Mike was so great that I decided to book him for my own wedding. My guests raved about the music, and everyone danced the entire reception. Even family members and friends who usually don't! Throughout the entire process of planning the ceremony and reception (Mike did both), Mike was very professional and timely with his responses. I would highly, highly recommend DJ Mike for any event. You will not regret it and will ensure yourself and your guests a great time!

Sent on 09/24/2015

Jeffrey · Married on 06/20/2015

Mike did an awesome job at our wedding. He was very accommodating with all of our requests and handled the whole event with a high level of professionalism. He was a main reason to the success of our event. Thanks again, Mike!

Sent on 07/29/2015

High Impact Entertainment was amazing to work with. Very responsive to any calls/emails, have a great planning tool, and he kept everyone on the dance floor all night even in 95 degree heat!

Sent on 06/22/2015
  • Chelsea

Chelsea · Married on 06/06/2015

We hired Mike to DJ our wedding this past weekend on 6/6/2015. I cannot say enough about how pleased my husband and I are with Mike's services. We spoke several times on the phone and Mike was always willing and ready to help and advise in any way he could. Having the ability to add the music we wanted to hear online was a huge plus. Everyone RAVED about the music at our event and had an amazing time dancing. Mike was able to keep the dance floor going non stop as he easily mixed one song to another. I cannot recommend Mike enough and if he has your date open hurry up and book him. You will not regret it.

Sent on 06/10/2015