High Impact Entertainment Reviews

149 | Winston Salem, NC

149 Reviews for High Impact Entertainment

JENNY · Getting married on 10/12/2019

Mike was THE BEST DJ! We never had a chance to meet face to face before the wedding day, but he took everything we said discussed email and incorporated it into our ceremony, cocktail hour, and reception seamlessly. I never wanted to leave the dance floor once the party really kicked off. He killed it! It was the perfect mix of songs we loved mixed with songs that really went with the mood of the crowd. I got so many compliments from my guests about him and we had a blast. I'm so glad we picked him and would highly recommend him to anyone! Thanks for everything, Mike!

Sent on 05/22/2018
  • Paula

Paula Ersly · Married on 09/14/2019

Best Wedding DJ Experience Ever

Worked with High Impact Entertainment (specifically, DJ Mike!) for our wedding last weekend. Throughout the whole process, Mike was super communicative and organized and so easy to work with. The day of our wedding things threatened to rain, and he was super flexible about having to move inside last minute or start a little earlier/later to try to beat the storm. Everything we needed was supplied - mics for the ceremony/toasts, dance floor lighting, indoor and outdoor speakers. And last but not least, the music was AWESOME! There was an easy process on High Impact's website before the wedding for us to add our guest requests, personal must hears, and banned music. He incorporated it all, and the mix itself was incredible. No song ever went on too long, and he kept the energy up all night mixing all kinds of genres together. I got multiple comments throughout the night from guests saying he was one of the best DJs they'd ever heard at a wedding. And that's no small feat considering our crew was a mixed bag of Southerners, New Yorkers, dance/theatre folks, and LGBTQ+ guests. Hard to make everyone happy, and yet he totally did!

If you want a killer DJ who will make your planning easy as pie and deliver kick ass tunes, Mike is your guy.

Sent on 09/19/2019
  • Lauren

Lauren · Married on 08/16/2019

Perfect! Thank you Mike!

Mike was FANTASTIC to work with! He did a great job of staying in touch throughout the process and helping us create a perfect playlist! He was helpful throughout the day of the wedding getting the officiant set up and having the music play around inside and outside spaces. He kept the music at a comfortable volume during dinner, and he made sure everyone was having a great time on the dance floor! We had a blast, and we would DEFINITELY recommend!

Sent on 08/22/2019

Chris · Married on 06/22/2019

Best part of the wedding

Can't speak more highly of Mike. He was great throughout the entire planning process all the way through the actual wedding. My now-wife and I had a lot of different requests, including an electronic music set to end the night, and Mike was totally flexible and made it all happen. We had so many people tell us how great the music was and we truly had a packed dancefloor the entire night. Some of my friends even asked if Mike was a personal friend because he was playing all of our favorite songs. Thanks again for making our night!

Sent on 07/13/2019
  • Matt

Matt Spear · Married on 06/14/2019

Mike is the man

Our DJ was probably the MOST important decision we faced in booking our vendors. Mike was exactly what we wanted and he brought the party. Very high energy, super easy-going guy that took care of all our worries. Playlist was top notch, accommodated specific requests like a champion, and hit all of his cues. Could not recommend this man enough

Sent on 06/18/2019

Vanessa · Married on 05/25/2019

Wedding DJ

We hired High Impact Entertainment for our May 2019 wedding and had a fantastic experience. Mike was very easy to communicate with and was very responsive. Shelton was the perfect DJ for our big day. He was personable and willing to make changes on the fly. Shelton incorporated music we requested while reading the crowd and creating the perfect mix. Highly recommend Shelton and High Impact Entertainment!

Sent on 06/12/2019

Mary · Married on 05/04/2019

Wedding 5/4/19

Mike was so awesome!! My husband and I brought polar musical tastes and a variety of age groups among guests to our wedding, but Mike made everything flow together so well! Great variety of slow and fast songs that kept a constant crowd on the dance floor the entire night. Would absolutely recommend!! Thanks so much, Mike!!

Sent on 05/09/2019

Kendall Craig · Married on 12/29/2018

Best DJ Ever!!!

Was so fun and natural for my wedding!!! Would recommend for any wedding!!! He is the best!

Sent on 01/04/2019
  • Dana

Dana · Married on 12/15/2018

Wonderful Wedding DJ

First off- Mike was a fantastic DJ and kept the dance floor moving for the entire wedding. He was a great, energetic announcer/coordinator for each step of the reception.
    I also loved how easy it was to communicate with him through the planning process. He answered emails quickly and had phone calls on time. His online questionnaire for clients is so thorough-- it's worth going through and giving him as much information as you can to help him out!
    10/10 would recommend

Sent on 02/17/2019
  • Tory

Tory Darling · Married on 11/24/2018

Wedding DJ

Mike made our ceremony easy and our reception tons of fun!

Sent on 12/12/2018

Cat · Married on 10/27/2018

Awesome DJ who listens to you!

Mike was an amazing DJ for our wedding. We were a little nontraditional and he was great in honoring our songs that we wanted played. He knew how to get people on the dance floor and keep the party going. I am so happy that we hired Mike and would recommend him and his services!

Sent on 10/29/2018

Nell · Married on 08/25/2018

Mike did a phenomenal job at our wedding ceremony, cocktail hour and reception!!! Im live in GA my new hubby in CA we had a destination wedding in Charlotte, NC ( DoubleTree- Southpark 08/25/18). The entire time Mike was the best he returned emails, calls and even met with us during a quick visit to Nc to go over details. Our guests raved about the music mix the entire time we had a mix of r&b,soul,pop,jazz , latin and soca which was huge hit seeing my new inlaws are from Trinidad!! I truly enjoyed myself he provided a wonderful service kept us informed through out the reception. He knows how to read a crowd he knows when to keep going and when to shut it down!!! I will definitly keep him in mind when my brother gets married !! Thank you sooo much Mike for your service and all the positive energy you brought!!!

Sent on 08/28/2018

Meagan · Married on 08/04/2018

We could not have picked a better DJ for our wedding! Mike was so flexible and easy to work with throughout the entire planning process. He always responded quickly to emails and was always willing to meet with us when we had questions or concerns. The client portal was super convenient, and the huge song database definitely helped us put together a great playlist for our wedding day! On wedding day, Mike arrived with plenty of time to get everything set up at the ceremony site and the reception site. Everything sounded and looked great! Mike played a great mix of music for our cocktail hour and dinner with very little direction from us. Once the dance floor opened up, our guests were on the dance floor the entire night! Mike played the perfect mix of music to keep everyone moving and having a great time! Throughout our wedding day, Mike was very in tune to the itinerary and made sure we stayed on time for grand entrance, toasts, cake, first dance, etc. It was so nice having an organized DJ that put his clients first. We highly recommend High Impact Entertainment for your wedding DJ! You won't regret it!

Sent on 08/15/2018

Rebecca · Married on 07/28/2018

Mike was great to work with, and he truly made our reception a fun experience for our guests. The music was awesome, and we were so happy to see everybody up on the dance floor! We are grateful that we chose Mike as our DJ at our wedding!

Sent on 09/15/2018

Cathy · event on 07/20/2018

I was contacted immediately by High Impact and they provided me with information and pricing promptly. Our DJ, Josh, did a great job with the music and also made announcements for me. I would definitely recommend them for any event.

Sent on 07/23/2018

Rachel · Married on 05/20/2018

Mike was a joy to work with! He was very helpful when planning our event playlist and checked in with us throughout the wedding to help us keep track of the timing of events. We greatly appreciate his ability to adapt to the situation at hand! Thank you for helping make our wedding fun and memorable night Mike!

Sent on 05/31/2018
  • brezzy

Breanna · Married on 05/06/2018

I cannot say enough great things about this company! Mike went above and beyond for my wedding to make sure it was the wedding of my dreams! He was great at communication throughout the whole process and did my music for my wedding ceremony and reception! He kept everyone on the dance floor all night long! He also mixed a song for my dance with my mom (my father passed away several years ago so I danced with my mom). He helped to make sure my timeline was ready for the venue! All included in his price! Again I cannot say enough great things about Mike! Everyone said what a great DJ we had! And his price is amazing for all that is included (Which includes set up and clean up)! The photographer also added that he had never seen a DJ out of the venue before he was, that is how quick his clean up was! Again Mike is an A++++ job! Thank you Mike for making my dream wedding come true!

Sent on 06/23/2018

Adrienne · Married on 04/29/2018

Amazing! Mike was super responsive throughout the planning process. His website and planning tools made preparation very easy. During our event, he helped us to stay on schedule and made sure things ran smoothly. Music was amazing! He kept everyone on the dance floor. We received a lot of positive feedback from our guests about Mike. Highly recommended!

Sent on 05/12/2018

Meredith · Married on 04/06/2018

My husband and I couldn’t have been more pleased with our DJ! (Mike) He made the party so lively and always had the dance floor full to the max! He knew how to feel out the crowd and change songs when needed.

Sent on 04/09/2018

Sara · Married on 03/02/2018

Mike with High Impact Entertainment exceeded all expectations. He played almost all our requests in whole or part and took crowd requests at the wedding. He also is a master at reading the crowd. He can tell very quickly which songs are getting a response and he will cue up and quick transition to a new track when one is not keeping the energy going. He got an initially reluctant crowd to dance and keep dancing for hours! He seriously made our wedding a party. He was always on point and never missed a beat! He is a supreme professional and we felt completely at ease in all respects. Our club-going friend even said, "I've never heard a better DJ even at a club." We had dozens of compliments about how awesome our DJ was and how it was the most fun wedding many had ever been to. We HIGHLY recommend Mike and High Impact Entertainment. You will not be disappointed!

Sent on 03/05/2018

Lauren · Married on 11/25/2017

We found High Impact Entertainment based on the recommendation of a friend and are so glad that's who we went with for our wedding. Mike was amazing to work with and made the entire planning process smooth and easy. He is a true professional and was always quick to respond to any questions or concerns we had. We loved all of the music he played for our reception and the dance floor stayed packed the entire night! I would highly recommend High Impact Entertainment to anyone looking for a DJ. Thank you Mike!

Sent on 01/01/2018

Beth · Married on 11/04/2017

We had Mike Steffan DJ our 11/4/17 wedding reception and were EXTREMELY satisfied from the beginning of the planning process to the event itself. Mike was professional, organized, and quick to respond leading up to the event. The online "Event Planner" took away SO much potential stress because it was SO detailed. Inputting song requests was fun and having the Most Popular suggestions was a huge help. The night of, Mike arrived early to set up, played music seamlessly (kept the dance floor packed and made smooth song transitions) and to cap it all off - he sent me the song list when I asked nearly a week later. Mike deserves all of the 5 star reviews that made us choose him in the first place.

Sent on 11/15/2017

Joy · Married on 10/27/2017

Definitely loved having Mike from high impact entertainment. Guests had a blast dancing on the dancefloor. He was very accommodating and he made the reception went smoothly. Would definitely recommend him to anyone I know who needs a DJ for an event.

Sent on 10/29/2017

Malorie · Married on 10/22/2017

website was very helpful, entered all song requests and schedule online very easily.

Sent on 10/26/2017