High Impact Entertainment Reviews

156 | Winston Salem, NC

156 Reviews for High Impact Entertainment

Cecil Jake Saunders · Married on 02/29/2020

I wish DJ Mike did club shows because I would go every month

DJ Mike is amazing at his job! He met with us twice to talk about what we wanted at our wedding (once 6 months out and once 2 weeks out) and answered several questions through email. He remixed a song for the father-daughter dance to make the length more manageable. Helped us with picking music before, during, and after the ceremony. He handled microphones for the ceremony and toasts. The lights he set up made the dance floor look amazing. And most importantly once he started spinning, he kept everyone on the dance floor.

Sent on 05/07/2020
  • Kaitlyn

Kaitlyn Lewis · Married on 01/11/2020

Can't Say Enough Good Things!

DJ Mike was amazing! We hired him for our wedding just a few months before the big day & he was wonderful to work with. Communicative, organized, thorough, personable. He was so willing to make a custom mashup for the father-daughter dance, he perfectly curated our reception playlist with music that me and my husband love with hits that would keep the crowd dancing, and he even started early and stayed late! Everyone who attended our wedding said it was the most fun they've had at a wedding thanks to Mike - he kept it high energy and read the crowd perfectly all night. My husband and I truly cannot say enough good things about High Impact Entertainment! Would recommend Mike and his team to anyone in need of a DJ for any event!

Sent on 01/14/2020

lesley hargrave · Married on 11/02/2019

Danced the entire night!

TJ was great! The dance floor was packed the entire night and everyone had so much fun! Very creative to put the electric slide at the start to get everyone moving! Lighting was great, even did the custom monogram!! Super fun!! My entire families feet hurt the next day!!

Sent on 11/13/2019

JENNY · Married on 10/12/2019

Mike was THE BEST DJ! We never had a chance to meet face to face before the wedding day, but he took everything we said discussed email and incorporated it into our ceremony, cocktail hour, and reception seamlessly. I never wanted to leave the dance floor once the party really kicked off. He killed it! It was the perfect mix of songs we loved mixed with songs that really went with the mood of the crowd. I got so many compliments from my guests about him and we had a blast. I'm so glad we picked him and would highly recommend him to anyone! Thanks for everything, Mike!

Sent on 05/22/2018

Meagan · Married on 09/19/2019

The best ever!

Mike was incredible! Our wedding was on a Thursday so we didn’t have a huge crowd to begin with but he kept it high energy all night! He did the best job finding and playing all the songs I requested!

Sent on 12/03/2019
  • Paula

Paula Ersly · Married on 09/14/2019

Best Wedding DJ Experience Ever

Worked with High Impact Entertainment (specifically, DJ Mike!) for our wedding last weekend. Throughout the whole process, Mike was super communicative and organized and so easy to work with. The day of our wedding things threatened to rain, and he was super flexible about having to move inside last minute or start a little earlier/later to try to beat the storm. Everything we needed was supplied - mics for the ceremony/toasts, dance floor lighting, indoor and outdoor speakers. And last but not least, the music was AWESOME! There was an easy process on High Impact's website before the wedding for us to add our guest requests, personal must hears, and banned music. He incorporated it all, and the mix itself was incredible. No song ever went on too long, and he kept the energy up all night mixing all kinds of genres together. I got multiple comments throughout the night from guests saying he was one of the best DJs they'd ever heard at a wedding. And that's no small feat considering our crew was a mixed bag of Southerners, New Yorkers, dance/theatre folks, and LGBTQ+ guests. Hard to make everyone happy, and yet he totally did!

If you want a killer DJ who will make your planning easy as pie and deliver kick ass tunes, Mike is your guy.

Sent on 09/19/2019

Anna Perez · Married on 09/07/2019

Best DJ!!!

Mike was the absolute best DJ!!! Our dance floor was a huge hit and it wouldn’t definitely not have been the blast that it was without him. Everyone was out there dancing (even my 80 year old grandmother!). Leading up to our wedding Mike was professional and organized. He listened to the type of music we liked and catered to our personalities and our wedding vision. Out of all of our vendors he was the quickest to respond no matter what the question. I highly recommend hiring him for your wedding! We got so many compliments on his work!

Sent on 10/31/2019
  • Marcia

Marcia Bartges · Married on 09/01/2019

Kept us dancing all night!

Mike Steffan was a great DJ for my daughters wedding! The High Impact website was very helpful while planning the order of events for our ceremony and reception (and Mike was only a email away!). Mike also worked with us during the reception to keep things moving but was also flexible and checked in with us to make sure we were satisfied with how everything was progressing. Most importantly, he played the music we requested and kept everyone dancing all night!

Sent on 10/01/2019
  • Lauren

Lauren · Married on 08/16/2019

Perfect! Thank you Mike!

Mike was FANTASTIC to work with! He did a great job of staying in touch throughout the process and helping us create a perfect playlist! He was helpful throughout the day of the wedding getting the officiant set up and having the music play around inside and outside spaces. He kept the music at a comfortable volume during dinner, and he made sure everyone was having a great time on the dance floor! We had a blast, and we would DEFINITELY recommend!

Sent on 08/22/2019

Chris · Married on 06/22/2019

Best part of the wedding

Can't speak more highly of Mike. He was great throughout the entire planning process all the way through the actual wedding. My now-wife and I had a lot of different requests, including an electronic music set to end the night, and Mike was totally flexible and made it all happen. We had so many people tell us how great the music was and we truly had a packed dancefloor the entire night. Some of my friends even asked if Mike was a personal friend because he was playing all of our favorite songs. Thanks again for making our night!

Sent on 07/13/2019
  • Matt

Matt Spear · Married on 06/14/2019

Mike is the man

Our DJ was probably the MOST important decision we faced in booking our vendors. Mike was exactly what we wanted and he brought the party. Very high energy, super easy-going guy that took care of all our worries. Playlist was top notch, accommodated specific requests like a champion, and hit all of his cues. Could not recommend this man enough

Sent on 06/18/2019

Vanessa · Married on 05/25/2019

Wedding DJ

We hired High Impact Entertainment for our May 2019 wedding and had a fantastic experience. Mike was very easy to communicate with and was very responsive. Shelton was the perfect DJ for our big day. He was personable and willing to make changes on the fly. Shelton incorporated music we requested while reading the crowd and creating the perfect mix. Highly recommend Shelton and High Impact Entertainment!

Sent on 06/12/2019

Mary · Married on 05/04/2019

Wedding 5/4/19

Mike was so awesome!! My husband and I brought polar musical tastes and a variety of age groups among guests to our wedding, but Mike made everything flow together so well! Great variety of slow and fast songs that kept a constant crowd on the dance floor the entire night. Would absolutely recommend!! Thanks so much, Mike!!

Sent on 05/09/2019

Kendall Craig · Married on 12/29/2018

Best DJ Ever!!!

Was so fun and natural for my wedding!!! Would recommend for any wedding!!! He is the best!

Sent on 01/04/2019
  • Dana

Dana · Married on 12/15/2018

Wonderful Wedding DJ

First off- Mike was a fantastic DJ and kept the dance floor moving for the entire wedding. He was a great, energetic announcer/coordinator for each step of the reception.
    I also loved how easy it was to communicate with him through the planning process. He answered emails quickly and had phone calls on time. His online questionnaire for clients is so thorough-- it's worth going through and giving him as much information as you can to help him out!
    10/10 would recommend

Sent on 02/17/2019
  • Tory

Tory Darling · Married on 11/24/2018

Wedding DJ

Mike made our ceremony easy and our reception tons of fun!

Sent on 12/12/2018

Cat · Married on 10/27/2018

Awesome DJ who listens to you!

Mike was an amazing DJ for our wedding. We were a little nontraditional and he was great in honoring our songs that we wanted played. He knew how to get people on the dance floor and keep the party going. I am so happy that we hired Mike and would recommend him and his services!

Sent on 10/29/2018

Nell · Married on 08/25/2018

Mike did a phenomenal job at our wedding ceremony, cocktail hour and reception!!! Im live in GA my new hubby in CA we had a destination wedding in Charlotte, NC ( DoubleTree- Southpark 08/25/18). The entire time Mike was the best he returned emails, calls and even met with us during a quick visit to Nc to go over details. Our guests raved about the music mix the entire time we had a mix of r&b,soul,pop,jazz , latin and soca which was huge hit seeing my new inlaws are from Trinidad!! I truly enjoyed myself he provided a wonderful service kept us informed through out the reception. He knows how to read a crowd he knows when to keep going and when to shut it down!!! I will definitly keep him in mind when my brother gets married !! Thank you sooo much Mike for your service and all the positive energy you brought!!!

Sent on 08/28/2018

Meagan · Married on 08/04/2018

We could not have picked a better DJ for our wedding! Mike was so flexible and easy to work with throughout the entire planning process. He always responded quickly to emails and was always willing to meet with us when we had questions or concerns. The client portal was super convenient, and the huge song database definitely helped us put together a great playlist for our wedding day! On wedding day, Mike arrived with plenty of time to get everything set up at the ceremony site and the reception site. Everything sounded and looked great! Mike played a great mix of music for our cocktail hour and dinner with very little direction from us. Once the dance floor opened up, our guests were on the dance floor the entire night! Mike played the perfect mix of music to keep everyone moving and having a great time! Throughout our wedding day, Mike was very in tune to the itinerary and made sure we stayed on time for grand entrance, toasts, cake, first dance, etc. It was so nice having an organized DJ that put his clients first. We highly recommend High Impact Entertainment for your wedding DJ! You won't regret it!

Sent on 08/15/2018

Rebecca · Married on 07/28/2018

Mike was great to work with, and he truly made our reception a fun experience for our guests. The music was awesome, and we were so happy to see everybody up on the dance floor! We are grateful that we chose Mike as our DJ at our wedding!

Sent on 09/15/2018

Cathy · event on: 07/20/2018

I was contacted immediately by High Impact and they provided me with information and pricing promptly. Our DJ, Josh, did a great job with the music and also made announcements for me. I would definitely recommend them for any event.

Sent on 07/23/2018

Rachel · Married on 05/20/2018

Mike was a joy to work with! He was very helpful when planning our event playlist and checked in with us throughout the wedding to help us keep track of the timing of events. We greatly appreciate his ability to adapt to the situation at hand! Thank you for helping make our wedding fun and memorable night Mike!

Sent on 05/31/2018
  • brezzy

Breanna · Married on 05/06/2018

I cannot say enough great things about this company! Mike went above and beyond for my wedding to make sure it was the wedding of my dreams! He was great at communication throughout the whole process and did my music for my wedding ceremony and reception! He kept everyone on the dance floor all night long! He also mixed a song for my dance with my mom (my father passed away several years ago so I danced with my mom). He helped to make sure my timeline was ready for the venue! All included in his price! Again I cannot say enough great things about Mike! Everyone said what a great DJ we had! And his price is amazing for all that is included (Which includes set up and clean up)! The photographer also added that he had never seen a DJ out of the venue before he was, that is how quick his clean up was! Again Mike is an A++++ job! Thank you Mike for making my dream wedding come true!

Sent on 06/23/2018

Adrienne · Married on 04/29/2018

Amazing! Mike was super responsive throughout the planning process. His website and planning tools made preparation very easy. During our event, he helped us to stay on schedule and made sure things ran smoothly. Music was amazing! He kept everyone on the dance floor. We received a lot of positive feedback from our guests about Mike. Highly recommended!

Sent on 05/12/2018

Meredith · Married on 04/06/2018

My husband and I couldn’t have been more pleased with our DJ! (Mike) He made the party so lively and always had the dance floor full to the max! He knew how to feel out the crowd and change songs when needed.

Sent on 04/09/2018