High Fidelity Reviews

64 Reviews for High Fidelity

• Danny

Danny Mckean · Getting married on 03/09/2021

10/10 wow - the real deal

Wow....three weeks later, people are still asking us who our band was! You NEED this band at your wedding!! High Fidelity is AWESOME! We gave them our list of songs and they made sure to play all of our favorites, but would go down paths of music genres when they could tell the crowd was lovin it. They are true professionals and we are so happy that we had HF at our wedding. The dance floor was bangin! The band manager, Peyton, was so easy to get in touch with at any time for anything. He was super accommodating and flexible with our asks. We really can’t recommend them enough!! 10/10 - will get them to play at our first born's first birthday

Sent on 10/16/2019
  • William

William Peak · Married on 08/02/2020

Too Much Fun

High Fidelity is a very professional and great sounding band! I had several wedding guests come to me during the reception and ask how I found the band (answer: Internet). Check them out online. What you hear is what you get. Their performance (and the staff at the Menger Hotel) really (!) made the reception an outstanding occasion. You can't go wrong with this group!

Sent on 03/24/2020

R. Barbeau · Married on 07/03/2020

Best Wedding Band in Texas!

As the Father of the Bride, I did a great deal of research looking for the perfect band for my daughters wedding. Part of that research was being able to see them play one Saturday night at a nightclub in Austin without them knowing my wife and I would be there. After their very first song, my wife and I knew we had found the perfect band. We sent video of several songs to my daughter and future son-in-law and we all immediately agreed to hire them. Peyton was great at follow up, coordination, and meeting us a couple weeks prior to the wedding. The entire band was friendly and as important, are extremely talented musicians. They kept the dance floor full the entire night, took requests, and did an outstanding job the entire night. Everyone of our guests continue to tell us how impressed they were. High Fidelity is not a dance / show band (with pre-recorded music), they are professional musicians who play a great mix of everything. I give them the absolute highest rating for professionalism, follow up, being friendly to all of our guests, focusing on what our daughter and son in law wanted, and playing great music. Best Wedding Band in Texas!

Sent on 12/29/2019

Sierra · Married on 03/16/2019

Amazing Experience!

High Fidelity was the highlight of my wedding for many guests! I was told over and over that my wedding was the most fun wedding my guests had ever been to, and it is all because of High Fidelity. This band does an amazing job of reading the reaction of the crowd to choose the next songs to make sure people are having the best time possible. High Fidelity was very easy to work with and handled last minute changes very well. I highly recommend them!

Sent on 12/29/2019

Anna R · Married on 02/02/2019

Awesome Wedding Band

This band came highly recommended by our day of coordinator and they did not disappoint! From the beginning when we first started talking to Peyton, he and the band were flexible with our requests and put us at ease about the event. We had some last minute changes to our father/daughter and mother/son song choices the night before and they were able to accommodate us perfectly. The band was very engaging and had the dance floor full the whole night. We would HIGHLY RECOMMEND High Fidelity Band!

Sent on 02/16/2019

Valerie · Married on 11/10/2018

Best part of our wedding!

High Fidelity was the highlight of our wedding. Multiple guests commented on how fabulous they performed. Family members I’ve never seen dance my whole life got up and danced so hard to High Fidelity! After all the stress of planning a wedding it was a personal high of ours to just let loose and dance the night away. They were professional and responsive throughout the process and answered any questions we had, got on multiple calls with us, and learned songs that were special to us. I’d recommend High Fidelity to anyone looking for a great party band.

Sent on 10/25/2018

Abbey · Married on 10/06/2018

The band was amazing and really made our wedding perfect! Everyone raved about the band and all our other vendors thought they were one of the best bands they had heard at a wedding!! We would recommend them to anyone!

Sent on 10/14/2018

Elizabeth · Married on 05/12/2018

Loved this band! Worked the crowd very well and easy to work with.

Sent on 06/22/2018

Jake · Married on 04/28/2018

The band was the hit of the wedding. They did an amazing job and I would personally recommend them to anyone.

Sent on 05/06/2018

Carolyn Coyle · Married on 04/07/2018

Went above and beyond!

High Fidelity went above and beyond and I can not recommend them more highly.They are worth every penny because they are not only talented musicians but good people who truly care about how your wedding day goes. I hired a quartet to play string music for the ceremony, but when a surprise cold front came through in Austin my plan for elegant string music was going down the drain (very difficult to physically play if hands are cold + temperature affects the actual strings of instrument) High Fidelity came to the rescue! They had the quartet use a sheltered room inside the venue then used their own band equipment to project the beautiful music in the ceremony space and even helped with music transitions during our ceremony. None of this was their job, but they did it without thinking twice! And as for the reception- they were amazing. We loved the band's version of our first dance song "You are the Best Thing" and my wedding guests were essentially on their feet and dancing for over 4 hours. It was SO fun and they sounded great. We got so many compliments about the music. The band picked the perfect songs to keep things upbeat and were very helpful as MC's to transition for bouquet toss, cake cutting, etc. I only wish I could have said more thank you's in person than I did... but thank you High Fidelity for doing so much to make my wedding day a great one :)

Sent on 10/16/2018

sarah · Married on 03/31/2018

Fantastic band!!! They took the dancing at our wedding to the next level! I wanted a fun party reception and that's exactly what I got thanks to High Fidelity. Peyton was really easy to work with going up to the big day and kept me up to date and answered all my questions. We hired the horn section as well, and it was totally worth it. I can't recommend hiring this band enough--everyone at the wedding absolutely loved them!

Sent on 05/02/2018
  • Carolyn

Carolyn Gruensfelder · Married on 02/11/2018

Dance the Night Away!

We chose High Fidelity for our wedding reception band on recommendation from the knot and they did not disappoint! As the mother of the bride and one who loves music and dancing, I had my fingers crossed they would wow us and our guests. Everyone danced all night!! The setlist was tailored to our taste and the three songs we asked they learn were played to perfection. Several guests even commented the band never made them feel like they were on break. I agree! Most importantly, the band members were respectful of our event and so very nice to us and our guests. We highly recommend you hire them for your next event!!

Sent on 12/31/2019

April · Married on 01/13/2018

High Fidelity is a phenomenal group! The band is incredibly talented and the management team is flawless. I planned a corporate event for ~500 engineers. (A bit of a tough crowd for a live band...) But High Fidelity delivered! The band had a crowd on the dance floor and everyone thoroughly enjoyed the event! Management even asked me to book them again next year!

From the beginning, this group was very professional, easy to communicate with, and quite flexible in helping with our room's lighting. They truly wanted the party to be great. And I've heard nothing but praise of this group! I recommend highly and plan to book them again next year!

Sent on 01/18/2018

Katie · Married on 12/31/2017

High Fidelity was the perfect band for our NYE wedding! They brought the dance floor to life and are all extremely talented!

Sent on 01/15/2018

Amber · Married on 11/25/2017

Our wedding coordinator connected us to High Fidelity and they were awesome! We loved the wide variety of songs they offered, especially country music. We ended the night with everyone on the dance floor singing Don't Stop Believin' with the band!

Sent on 01/12/2018

Kim · Married on 09/16/2017

We hired Detroit Steel - the 4 piece version of High Fidelity - for our daughter's wedding at the Joule in Dallas in September. They did an amazing job! They played the perfect music throughout dinner, were very accommodating letting guest singers/guitarist use their equipment for the first dance, and were very flexible about all the fun and craziness of the reception. My daughter and her husband loved all the music they played and everyone kept commenting on how good the band was. People of all ages packed the dance floor all night. One of the bridesmaid's Facebook comment summed it up perfectly: "Rachel and Timmy threw a rock concert last night and decided to get married at it!"

Sent on 12/01/2017

Sarah · Married on 09/09/2017

These guys are amazing! We had them for our wedding on 9/9 and they were BOMB. During dinner they played slower songs and lighter music while everyone was eating. They nailed all the first dance songs and even learned Tim McGraw’s “My Little Girl” since that’s what I wanted to dance with my dad to. After that the party really started! They played all kinds of music and really read our guests well! They sound amazing and our guests loved them! Also, some guests wanted them to play Ring of Fire which isn’t even on their set list and they played it seamlessly!! I couldn’t believe it! They are really a talented bunch and SO nice! I would highly recommend them!!

Sent on 09/21/2017

Morgan · Married on 07/08/2017

High Fidelity was so great from start to finish. Very quick to respond when we were booking them and all throughout the process leading up to the wedding day. They kept the dance floor full to the very end of the night. Our friends and family were raving about them! Would recommend them to anyone!

Sent on 07/18/2017

Reese · Married on 05/06/2017

When we decided we wanted to have our wedding in Austin, we knew we had to have a live band that would be fun and engaging with our guests. Not only did High Fidelity bring the talent, but they stole the show. Peyton and the rest of the band were a hit! All of the songs they played were spot on (even our requests outside of their song list), and they couldn't have been more nice of people. All of our guests were asking how we found such a great band during and after the wedding. Highly recommend! - Reese and Kristen

Sent on 07/02/2017

Michael · Married on 04/29/2017

I used to book bands for many years and these guys are pros. Our guests stayed on the dancefloor until the very end--even during the set breaks dancing to the mix music provided. Our photo album is full of hilarious photos of young couples, crazy cousins, and 90+ year old grandmas getting down. We provided general music preferences, a few special requests, and a rough timeline for the evening. Peyton and High Fidelity took it from there. The band was setup on-time and highly professional throughout the evening--solid musicianship, engaging stage presence, and a whole lot of fun. High Fidelity Rocks!

Sent on 07/16/2017

Meg · Married on 02/25/2017

When my now husband and I were planning our wedding, the top item on our wish list was a great band. From the moment we stumbled across High Fidelity’s information, we knew we found the perfect band to play at our wedding. I really appreciated working directly with the owner, Peyton Riley, to discuss services and pricing. He was easy to communicate with and helped me formulate my ideas into a cohesive and smooth event. He was organized and prompt and clearly ran a well-respected and successful business. As our wedding day approached and details were finalized, I never once had to second-guess High Fidelity’s commitment and enthusiasm, which was invaluable for a stressed out bride-to-be. On the day of our wedding, Peyton took care of everything. He personally contacted our venue and arranged all of the details. When my husband and I made our grand entrance, there was High Fidelity rocking out on stage just as promised and everyone LOVED it! We spent our entire evening on the dance floor. Their talent and stage presence are still something that my friends and family are talking about! They had a perfect blend of classic and modern hits that had even our grandmothers belting out lyrics. They interacted perfectly with the crowd and had everyone up and moving, including a mass of toddlers in the front row. And there are no words to describe the love and joy I felt when Peyton brought out his acoustic guitar and serenaded my husband and I during our first dance; it could not have been more perfect of an evening. High Fidelity made our wedding one to always be remembered and we can honestly say that we had the time of our lives…which is every bride’s dream come true.

Sent on 09/18/2017

Marion · Married on 02/12/2017

The band was super talented and very accessible,accommodating and fun! We will hire them again for other event !

Sent on 09/23/2017

Julie · Married on 01/28/2017

When you are planning the most significant event of your life, a wedding, you know that there are key components that can make or break the magic of the event. One of these is music – specifically the band. Not having booked a band in central Texas before, I went to the Knot for guidance. What a fortuitous act. We found High Fidelity! None of our friends had used them or were aware of them, but fortunately, that didn’t stop us from booking them. After hearing their promo tapes, our daughter and her fiancé knew their music and “sound” would match their vision. From the first contact with Peyton, every step in the process was smooth. Payment was easy, song variety was vast, options for additional instruments available, discussions on approach personable – right down to patience with slow response on OUR end! They were on-time, flexible in staying longer to meet the bride’s request, and provided the best party and dance we could ever imagine. Looking back at the photos of our guests filling the dance floor, hands waving in the air, musicians on the dance floor jamming – we want to do it again. I am looking for the next opportunity to hire High Fidelity and work with Peyton. You will not regret your decision to book them because you will have the highest level of professionalism combined with the highest level of musicianship, and topped with the best personalities and energy to make your event memorable. Love this group of musicians and their gift to us of a great wedding!

Sent on 02/06/2017

Erin · Married on 01/21/2017

I'm in the stage of life where all my friends and cousins are getting married. NO ONE'S entertainment has topped High Fidelity!

They were professional and helpful in the planning process (and I'm particular), great to work with on the day of, kept my guests on the dance floor ALL NIGHT and helped with all our silly surprises-karaoke, singing happy birthday, and the Aggie War Hymn! We are so grateful for their professionalism, enthusiasm, and did I mention talent? Thank you for a perfect reception! Y'all are the best!!!

Sent on 02/20/2017

So I do not have enough words about how much EVERYONE (& I mean everyone!!) @ my wedding LOVED High Fidelity!! They had everyone dancing, from kids to the older crowd! It truly MADE my wedding! They were not only fun & interactive with my guests, but professional & considerate and responsive of my special requests. All my little cousins & nieces and nephews wanted their autographs! :) You got some followers! They are GOLDEN & a solid choice to make your event, AN EVENT! :)

Sent on 11/21/2016