High Definition Video Reviews

57 | St Thomas, VI

57 Reviews for High Definition Video

Laura · Married on 06/08/2013

Chris did a beautiful job putting together our wedding film. He also sent a second dvd with the "raw footage" of our entire ceremony, our first dance, our dances with our parents, and the toast. My husband initially didn't think we should spend the money on a videographer but now we both agree - it was 100% worth it. Thank you, High Definition Video, for giving us a fantastic way for us to enjoy our wedding day memories for years to come!

Sent on 07/23/2013

Shannan · Married on 02/19/2013

Initially we weren't going to hire a videographer, partly financial and partly as I was hesitant, thinking we weren't as photogenic as I would have liked considering we'd be capturing us "forever"! Just two weeks before our wedding we came upon some unexpected money and suddenly we felt we just HAD to see if we could make it happen. Our wedding photographer recommended Mike and Connie and let me just say it was one of the BEST decisions we made throughout our entire wedding planning process! Seeing us after, I am SOOO glad we did it! THANKS MIKE & TEAM!

We're four days from our 1st anniversary and there isn't a weekend that goes by that I don't want to pull out our wedding video and relive those precious hours over and over again (compacted into about 90 amazing minutes), including Mike in the water with us capturing our sea turtle snorkel!!! Thankfully we also have a "highlights" video that I really CAN pull up in the blink of an eye to get a quick "dream island wedding fix" and save the longer edited video for those days when we've got more time.

Mike and his partner were great to work with, and Connie did a wonderful job editing the footage with music we selected. She also came up with a terrific song for our short video we didn't know but which is SO perfect. I wish I had known two things early on, though. One, that our guests would be asked to say something on camera so we could prepare them (I just hadn't thought about it!). And two, we were hoping to capture the performances on video by our guitarist and steel pan player because we knew we'd likely be too busy. Due to the soundtrack of our video (which we love) we still wouldn't be able to hear them play. We do have the raw video footage, it's just not in our edited version, so just make sure they know if it's a big deal to you.

All-in-all, we are so thankful we had the opportunity to work with them and think our finished videos are AMAZING!

Sent on 02/15/2014

Lindsay and Mike · Married on 11/26/2011

Mike and Connie were an absolute pleasure to work with! Mike has a very calm and laid back personality which is very soothing on a day when everything else seems to be stressful and everyone is pulling you in a million different directions. He was very flexible and professional during the entire event when working with other vendors and demanding family members. After the ceremony, he captured the sunset and us perfectly with a few different camera angles. They mailed out the Dvds very quickly, and were very accomodating with a request to change a song in the background. They then sent out the new Dvds very quickly as well.
    Connie did an amazing job putting together the video. She was able to put it together like a storybook, capturing all of the meaningful moments in a great sequence. Their video is the perfect memento from a dream wedding, and we will always cherish it!

Sent on 11/28/2011

Alysia · Married on 07/05/2011

A wedding video is one of those items that brides often times debat about their "value" -- DO NOT let this happen to you! Mike and Connie from High Def Videos did such an amazing job capturing our special day. The little extra's they added at the beginning and end were a nice touch. (Since we came in on a cruise, they had our shipping leaving port that evening). Our expectations were far exceeded and I would definitely recommend using their services!

Sent on 08/30/2011

Harold · Married on 07/01/2011

Almost a straight week of rain provided the backdrop to our eloping to St. Thomas. We had the perfect plan for our wedding ceremony but the weather was not going to allow it, so we had to move under cover. Mike did an amazing job providing ideas for how to make our rainy wedding day still look beautiful on video. It was a huge success! Mike helped put us at ease over the rainy day and helped keep the atmosphere fun with his sense of humor and easy-going personality.
    Mike and Connie did an amazing job in the post-production process of our wedding video. I can't say enough about their professionalism and persistence even in getting the video to us ahead of schedule (with multiple power outages in their office due to all the storms they've had this summer!) so that we could share it with our families who couldn't be in St. Thomas with us. If there is even a doubt in your mind if spending the money on the video willl be worth it - lay those doubts to rest. The experience, the finished product and the memories they help to preserve are more than worth it!
    - A Happy Groom

Sent on 08/24/2011
  • Ruiza Anne

Ruiza Anne · Married on 06/13/2011

I am so happy I booked with High Definition Video and my weeks of researching and reading countless boards and reviews to find the perfect videographer paid off! Mike and Connie have AMAZING talent! They pulled everything last minute for me (with only a week's notice!) and delivered the final product in super speed time! They made us feel very comfortable and we had a lot of fun working with them! They also worked really well with the other vendors and was able to come up with a video that made all our friends and family say that it was the best wedding event video they have ever seen! *^_^* I wish they lived in Seattle so we can book them for future events!

Sent on 04/25/2012
  • Katie

Katie · Married on 06/04/2011

They did such a great job! The footage on the site speaks for itself! Their work will allow me to cherish my day forever. Excellent work!

Sent on 07/05/2011

Jenn · Married on 05/03/2011

WOW! What an amazing team, Mike on camera and Connie in post production! They created a piece of art that will be cherished for years to come. Professional, engaging, and fun to work with. The quality of the end product was superior. 5 Stars!

Sent on 05/24/2011
  • F

Christine · Married on 04/22/2011

We had a great experience with Mike and Connie. Mike captured amazing video, still shots, and time-lapse footage. He encouraged us to be ourselves and just went with our flow. Connie did an excellent job editing the footage and meshing it with music. Together they produced a video that showcased our personalities. The end product is something that we will cherish for years.

Sometimes the little things are the big things. Thank you for understanding that!

Forever thankful,
    Chris O'Malley and Hubby

Sent on 05/04/2011
  • W

Wes · Married on 04/14/2011

Loved working with Mike from High Definition Video! He was a breeze to work with, very personable, did fantastic work and we were extremely pleased with the results. Months later, he was even able to hook me up with an HD version of our video on Blu-ray Disc. Loved the panning video, angles and video clips that he captured for us on our wedding day. Mike is a true professional who knows his stuff and I wouldn't hesitate to recommend him for your videography needs.

Sent on 04/14/2011

Shena · Married on 03/30/2011

Just received our wedding DVD today and couldn't be happier! Mike was professional and great to work with. The DVD is artistic and an accurate representation of our wedding day. You can book Hi Def Video with confidence that it will be some of the best money you spend on your wedding day. Fast turnaround too!

Sent on 04/16/2011

Sabrina · Married on 03/29/2011

Mike was very personable and did fantastic work. I loved the panning video and high def shots of the bubbling champagne he captured for us. I was amazed at his ability to really capture the special moments and romantic looks between me and my husband. Watching the video really takes us both back to OUR day.

We wavered on whether to hire a videographer. I am so glad that we did, it was worth every penny. They went out of their way to finish the editing to have our video ready and mailed to us for our party back home. The video arranged 1 week early. Great Service. If you are having your wedding in the virgin islands you HAVE to use them.

Sent on 04/16/2011
  • cbrizendine

Christine · Married on 03/11/2011

Mike was simply amazing... he shot our wedding last Friday at Pretty Klip Point, located at Sapphire Beach on St. Thomas. It was such a joy to work with him. Mike was easy going and had a great sense of humor while being professional. He made my husband and I feel right at ease the moment we met him, like we had been good friends for years. I would highly recommend Mike and Connie at High Def Video! Words can not express how happy I am that we found them and how delighted I've been with the services they provided. Don't waste anymore time looking... High Def Video can not be beat!

Sent on 03/15/2011

Joy · Married on 01/22/2011

Mike did a really wonderful job at my St. John wedding earlier this year. I met him for the first time minutes before walking down the aisle, and he was extremely friendly, easy to talk to and immediately put me at ease. He came early to catch pre-ceremonial footage and stayed late into the reception. More importantly, when the the final DVD arrived last week, the only word to describe how I felt when I watched the footage is elated! It was absolutely A-MAZING!!! The footage, the still shots, the progression, the background music and cinematography came together beautifully, and it was such a tasteful presentation of the entire event. It's possibly even more beautiful than the live event - totally unreal editing work!!! Such a perfect way to keep the memories. I feel like I just got married all over again every time I watch it (which I've done several times already). I could not have asked for a better final product. Thank you soooo much!

Sent on 04/14/2011

Amanda · Married on 01/01/2011

Oh my goodness, Mike was amazing! We are so happy that he was the videographer for our wedding! He is a breeze to work with and makes you feel comfortable from the first moment. He has an amazing artistic eye and gets the perfect shot with ease. He was wonderful at answering the hundred questions I had, and quickly responded He went out of his way to make sure the story was properly told for our special day. He is the best!

Sent on 01/20/2011

Stephanie · Married on 01/01/2011

We just received our dvd a couple days ago and we LOVE IT! They did such a magnificent job, we really couldn't have asked for anything more. We wavered back and forth on whether to hire a videographer but eventually decided to go for it. We are so glad we did and have zero regrets!!

We had a party back home, yesterday. I emailed them last weekend to see if there was any chance we could get the video in time. They went out of their way to get the video finished (and they didn't skimp!) and shipped to us so we got it the day before our party. What service!

Sent on 02/26/2011

Bonnie · Married on 01/01/2011

My name is Bonnie Hamlett and you were the videographer at my daughter's wedding - Daniel Wells and Amanda Groves. They got married on Cinnamon Bay, Virgin Islands on 1/1/11. Last night I had the pleasure of watching the beautiful video that you did for them. Previously I had been disappointed that I was not able to attend such a amazing moment in Mandi's life, but after watching that video, I felt like I was there. You did such a wonderful job of catching every important moment. Thank you for making it possible for me to be there, even though I wasn't :)

Sent on 04/07/2011

Gail · Married on 12/04/2010

I thought we would save money and not have video but KatiLady, our wedding planner, assured us that this was not the area to cut and that you did such amazing work that we'd be happy we spent the money. Boy was she right. We must have watched it 20 times already and cry every time. Thank you for capturing our special day with such care.

Sent on 01/02/2011

Mary · Married on 11/23/2010

Mike was absolutely terrific.

Sent on 12/13/2010

Julie · Married on 09/14/2010

Mike was great! Impeccable service!! Our video is beautiful, of great quality and was delivered to us in record time. Mike is very friendly and during the ceremony he even helped my mom get amazing shots (even with our crappy little camera). And to top it all off he e-mailed us a few gorgeous pictures of the wedding that will make our grandchildren proud. :-) Absolutely worth every penny. :-) Thank you Mike!
    Ryan and Julie
    (Married @ Trunk Bay, St. John, 14-09-2010)

Sent on 10/15/2010

Kimberly · Married on 07/22/2010

We are so blessed to have chosen hi def for our July wedding on Magens bay. Mike was so great! He was able to film all of the special moments without being invasive. He also made sure we looked natural and not scripted like a movie scene;) his wife, Connie, worked wonders in the editing room and I can't thank her enough:) our video was recieved promptly and is FANTASTIC! We can't wait to show it to all of our friends and family! Now we forever have all of the memories of our special day captured in high quality video to remember always! A must use in the virgin islands!!!!

Sent on 08/03/2010

Amy · Married on 07/12/2010

Mike did a great job capturing such wonderful footage of our special day. He was very flexible in accommodating our schedule. The quality of the video is amazing! We love watching it and are so happy that we went with High Definition Video.

Sent on 10/17/2010
  • Nicole

Nicole · Married on 06/12/2010

My husband and I are so happy that we were able to work with such a professional, understanding and amazing videographer. You hear many stories of brides who felt their videographer was too pushy, not understanding and only did what they wanted. We never had to worry about this. We highly recommend this company to any couple looking to have their wedding captured on video:)

Nicole and Mike

Sent on 07/23/2010

Toni · Married on 04/21/2010

Can't believe I never wrote a review! Mike and his assistant made our rainy cloudy wedding look amazing! I was pretty heartbroken when our turquoise paradise turned gray and rainy, but Mike did a wonderful job capturing all of the little details and turned the rain into an artistic touch. They came well prepared and didn't shy away or miss any opportunities for shots despite the forecast. They also stayed later than I anticipated and captured great snippets of our family and friends giving us best wishes. The syncing of the songs we provided them was perfect! My only gripe if I had to have one, would be the part where the wedding officiant is saying our names -- the music cuts in over my name so it can't really be heard. Aside from that, I HIGHLY recommend them to anyone. 3 years later, the movie still blows me away and always will! Thank you for capturing our special day!

Sent on 06/07/2013

Jacqueline · Married on 04/18/2010

Mike at High Definition Video shot our April 2010 wedding video on the island of St. John - we couldn't be happier with the results! Not only was Mike extremely personable, professional, and easy to work, but his work is flawless! The footage and transitions of the video were seamless...it is actually hard to believe that a single videographer without any type of assistance was able to create such a smooth/fluid product. Very impressive! It should also be mentioned that 8 months before our wedding, during a site visit to the Virgin Islands, Mike took the time to meet with us, answer all of our questions, and show us a few samples of his work. We decided to hire him then, which turned out to be one of our best decisions. We would highly recommend High Definition Video to anyone getting married in the U.S. Virgin Islands.

Sent on 08/01/2010