Hey! Mr. DJ Event and Lighting Group LLC Reviews

151 | Cincinnati, OH

151 Reviews for Hey! Mr. DJ Event and Lighting Group LLC

David · Married on 08/07/2010

Brandon did a great job with our wedding. People were dancing and having a great time all day. He truely did go above and beyond. For example, Brandon was helping the Manor House wedding coordinator with times to bring out meals and salads, ect. Basically, he had a better grasp of the order of events then the wedding coordinator at the Manor House. He even went as far as to get a drink for Cate during the main course. Music was great, the enterance was perfect and set the mood for the night. His attention to detail really made the night.

Sent on 08/17/2010

David,

I have to tell you I was a little worried about an eastcoast style, daytime reception where you wanted dancing the entire time. Entrance, Dancing, dinner dancing, cake dancing. I also have to tell you that I LOVED it! What a great time! Before the reception I called my DJ friend in New Jersey and asked him about transitioning from salads to dancing before dinner. He gave me a couple of tips. It worked out so well. I hope Kate had the wedding she always dreamed of! For the record the Manor house always rocks. I think this East Coast style just caught your coordinator off gaurd. I'm glad I could step in and keep it on schedule.

Carla · Married on 08/07/2010

Brandon is awsome!!!! thats all I reallt have to say!!!! They made our reception. People are still asking me who our Dj was because they loved it!

Our dance floor was packed the entire night, they played great music and new how to run the show. I felt very relaxed andconfident that they would take care of all the details.. which they did.

We did movie trivia to get people to the buffet line, and Brandon found all the music and clips and did the trivia himslef and he got everybody really into the game.. which was a great way to start and awsome night.

They both were very profesisonal and knew exactly what kind of music to play when

Brandon called me a few days before the wedding and knew from our previous meeting that my husbands grandma would not be able to attend the wedding because of her health and long distance in north carolina. He suggested that I have her call and make a toast to be played at the wedding, which we did and there was not a dry eye in the place!!1 Things like that have made me recommend them to everyone I know!

Sent on 08/31/2010

Hey! Mr. DJ Event and Lighting Group LLC's reply:

Carla, your going to give me an ego with a review like this. LOL. Awesome awesome night. People were seriously dancing during dinner at their tables. Thank you for taking the time to post this review. It means so much to me and hopefully it will mean something to brides looking for a DJ. How many people have to say "Best Wedding Reception Ever, before people believe it. :) I'm glad will liked the secret toast from his grandma. I knew it was going to bring some tears but that is a good thing on days like this. Please share some of your professional shots with me when you get them. brandon@heymrdj.net

Kate · Married on 07/31/2010

Hey Mr. DJ did an AWESOME job and we truly loved every moment of our reception! Jason was great to work with and did a great job at incorporating all of our requests into our reception. The dance floor was packed the entire night and it truly was an awesome party from the minute the reception started through the very end! My sister already has them booked for next August...my family and I are looking forward to another fabulous time!

Sent on 09/14/2010

Tara · Married on 06/05/2010

ABSOLUTELY would recommend Hey Mr. DJ! They are VERY creative and have so many unique ideas to make your special day perfect! Every time I speak with Brandon, the owner, I can tell he cares about my wants and needs. He definitely wanted to make the night perfect for us. All of our guests are still talking about the fun ideas he had. (Most of guests said this was the most fun wedding they had been to! And most of that was because of Hey! Mr. DJ! A++++

Sent on 06/29/2010

Hey! Mr. DJ Event and Lighting Group LLC's reply:

Tara, I loved creating this event with you and Brian. Having Brian in the grooms workshop and you so excited about the ideas that we had for the reception made me feel so valued. Your dad told me at the end of the night that I completley changed his idea of a what a wedding DJ is. That meant so much to me. Thank you for having me! I wish you to the best and hope to see you two again.

Kristine · Married on 03/28/2010

Hey Mr. DJ provided us with an amazing ceremony and reception! All of our guests were very pleased with everything and had a great time. Brandon made the planning easy for us and the reception a blast!

Sent on 04/12/2010

Hey! Mr. DJ Event and Lighting Group LLC's reply:

Thank you Kristine! I love my job because of awesome clients like you. Rockin late afternoon Sunday wedding receptions can be difficult to achieve but that's exactly what happened. Enjoy California!

Michelle · Married on 10/23/2009

Brandon and Jason of the Hey! Mr. DJ company truly are the best. They made our day truly unforgettable and amazing. They take the time to plan out the entire night and custom fit everything to you and your groom. Not only that, but Brandon helped me in finding other great vendors to work with when I couldn't decide or was having trouble. They really know their stuff! I truly felt important and feel like we have made some great friends.

We are continually hearing nothing but compliments from our guests. Many of them told us it was the best wedding reception they had ever been too! They loved everything from the lighting and music to the custom intros and shoely-wed game.

Brandon also helped me pull off something that I don't think anyone will ever forget. My husband's brother got deployed before the wedding, who was originally his best man. Brandon was able to record a message and play it that night as a surprise for my hubby. I don't think there was a dry eye in the house. We cannot thank him enough for that.

I have already had several friends tell me they want their wedding to be just like ours was; my response: hire Hey! Mr. DJ!

Sent on 10/27/2009

Hey! Mr. DJ Event and Lighting Group LLC's reply:

The toast from Ken's brother in Iraq was one of the most emotional moments for me at a wedding ever. You two took a real interest in your reception entertainment and we were able to create something amazing. Congratulations!

Rachel · Married on 07/18/2009

These guys are great. They are worth the money.

Sent on 10/30/2009

Hey! Mr. DJ Event and Lighting Group LLC's reply:

Thanks Rachel, I'm glad we were able to do your wedding on such short notice.
  • Katie

Katie · Married on 07/11/2009

Brandon and his team from Hey! Mr. DJ were amazing! Brandon is very easy to work with and was great in offering suggestions to make our reception the "best reception ever!". We had many people comment on how much fun they had at our wedding because it was unique. Brandon made a very memorable entrance for our wedding party and was very intuitive with his music selection. He made sure the whole evening flowed wonderfully and wasn't awkward. They kept the dancable songs coming and turned our reception into a huge dance party for the whole evening! The lighting he provided for the dance floor looked great and fit well with our decor. He also made our last dance very memorable by adding sound clips from our maid of honor and best man speeches made earlier in the evening. After the reception he told us this was something new he had tried and we LOVED it!! Thank you so much for making our wedding reception so memorable. I would highly recommend Hey! Mr. DJ for your next event!!

Sent on 05/21/2010

Hey! Mr. DJ Event and Lighting Group LLC's reply:

My Buckeye couple! Loved loved your best mans toast. Loved playing it back for a big surprise later. Thanks Katie for this review. Go Bucks!

Natalie · Married on 08/30/2008

Jason from Hey Mr. DJ did a fantastic job with the music. He was very flexible, and put together the wedding party entry music just how I wanted it! Jason was professional and fun--the perfect DJ for a wedding. He played all our requests, and kept the party going all night! All of my guests had a blast (young and old), and I received many compliments on our music at the reception. I first met Jason at my friend's wedding five years prior--this is how I knew we had to have him for our wedding reception! These guys are involved enough to keep the party going without talking all night long or being obnoxious. I would recommend Hey Mr. DJ to anyone!

Sent on 04/02/2009

Thank You!

Melanie · Married on 06/28/2008

They were great!

Sent on 10/04/2008

Thanks!

Robin · Married on 06/21/2008

We wanted our reception to be a party, and Jason our DJ made sure it was! We had a blast at our reception. He did an excellent job getting a feel for the audience, and did great at keeping the night moving along. Our dance floor was crowded the entire night!

Sent on 07/04/2008

Hey! Mr. DJ Event and Lighting Group LLC's reply:

It was great working with you. Thanks!

Adena · Married on 03/29/2008

I loved them! They have so many new ideas. Everyon was talking about our DJ's for weeks after the wedding! We played a few games that the entire crowd loved

Sent on 04/18/2008

Hey! Mr. DJ Event and Lighting Group LLC's reply:

Thank you very much Adena. Looking forward to seeing you at Lauren's wedding.

Cara · Married on 11/17/2007

I could no thave asked for a better DJ. Brandon was awesome and he really cared about Kevin and I and our wedding. He made our 6 hour reception the best wedding ever!

Sent on 04/29/2008

Hey! Mr. DJ Event and Lighting Group LLC's reply:

The best wedding ever! That's awesome. Thank you Cara!

Jealine · Married on 09/08/2007

Very Good! We had Craig as our DJ. He was a lot of fun to work with. He was very laid back and easy to work with. He made sure everything went as planned. The music was great. He didn't play type of music that we didn't like. I would recomend them to anyone! My husband and I went to a wedding that they worked and new that they were the ones we wanted. We never even looked into other djs.

Sent on 03/13/2008

Thank you!

Eric · Married on 07/30/2007

The perfect DJ. Professional and knowledgeable. Catered to our needs and added a unique touch of class and creativity to our wedding.

Sent on 09/08/2008

Hey! Mr. DJ Event and Lighting Group LLC's reply:

Thank you so much for using our company.

Megan · Married on 07/07/2017

We got married on July 7th and were so impressed with Kyle! He was extremely flexible all evening and was able to play any request my family gave- people were dancing all night! What really threw him over the top was his ability to adapt to the weather; our ceremony was supposed to be outside but 20 minutes before the ceremony started a huge storm rolled in and Kyle was able to pick up and move all of his equipment to our "plan B" location within minutes. He even turned on jazz music in the reception hall where all the guests were taking shelter from the storm and then after the ceremony he found the wedding party and brought us fruit and cheese from the venue the guests were already enjoying! As a bride who got married during a thunderstorm, Kyle really helped keep the stress to a minimum and my entire family keeps bringing up how he made the reception so much fun!

Sent on 08/03/2017

Hey! Mr. DJ Event and Lighting Group LLC's reply:

Thank you! We make it happen regardless of the weather! This is a great review. I so appreciate it and the chance to be part of your event - Kyle

Darian · Married on 10/08/2016

Hey Mr. DJ Event and Lighting Group did an outstanding job with our wedding reception on 10/08/16 at the Manor House in Mason, OH. Brandon and his staff were very professional and accommodating. Brandon took the time to personalize his services for our specific wedding reception needs. Many of our guests commented how much they really enjoyed the reception and his ability to keep everyone entertained throughout the evening. Well worth the money and we highly recommend their services.

Sent on 11/13/2016

Jennifer · Married on 12/27/2014

Brandon ensured our reception exceeded every expectation. I cannot recommend his services highly enough.

Sent on 10/31/2015

Laurie · Married on 09/13/2014

We had the great pleasure of having Jason from Hey Mr DJ provide the music for our wedding ceremony and reception. He was exceptional! He is one of the owners of the business and really knows how to manage a (rowdy) wedding party and the flow of the evening. He was so easy to work with and we got along great. My husband and I are very much into music and can be picky and he accommodated every single request we had. He also provided fresh suggestions for things we hadn't worked out yet (I was so over "Single Ladies" for the bouquet toss :) ) We asked for a party and we absolutely got one! He was a true DJ in the sense that he mixed songs and really read the crowd. He also was very current on music and played plenty of new, popular songs in addition to our requests and wedding standbys. I got compliments throughout the night that we had "the best wedding music ever". Even my sister, who sometimes does work in the wedding industry, said Jason was one of the best DJs she had ever seen at a wedding. I agree!

Sent on 09/22/2014
  • Megan

Megan · Married on 06/08/2013

Jason was FANTASTICAL!!!!! He was there when we had questions or concerns. He was always available through email or phone calls. He handled quite a bit of the music planning and it was beyond awesome. The music at our reception is something I am still hearing people loved a month out from the day! Our DJ had something come up last minute, and you never would have known. The reception ran flawless, Jason ran as both the DJ and the MC and no one knew there was even supposed to be a 2nd person!!!!

Sent on 07/27/2013

"Fantastical" is all I have to say! I love that. Thank you - Jason

We scheduled them 1 week out from the ceremony and reception and they showed up and really made the night. They did our ceremony music and reception perfectly. Our guests weren't too involved with the captain's call and they were flexible and adjusted with the mood. They kept our guests entertained and worked with the difficult acoustics of the space. They also sent us so digital audio copies of some of the activities of the night and made it a nice keepsake. so happy we went the dj route.

Sent on 11/18/2012

Hey! Mr. DJ Event and Lighting Group LLC's reply:

I am so glad we were able to step in and save your wedding from the DJ company you were having issues with. It was a quick turnaround and I know we cost more than the last DJ but now you understand why. We had a great time with you and your guests. Bill was honored to be your MC and it really made him proud to step in and make sure you were taken care of.

Jessica · Married on 06/05/2010

We would like to thank Hey! Mr. DJ Entertainment for making our wedding a special and fun event for everyone involved! They made it a simple and easy process, and the professionalism with which the MC and the DJ obviously exuded made our guests very complimentary of the ceremony and reception. We have had many people comment on how much they enjoyed the evening, and we believe that much of that came about from their services. Everyone especially loved the newlywed game! It was both fun and simple to plan. We would definitely recommend them to other groups!

Sent on 06/25/2010

Hey! Mr. DJ Event and Lighting Group LLC's reply:

Hi Jessica and Chris this is Jason. Thanks for the review. I enjoyed planning with you and seeing all your friends dancing all night long. I hope to catch you and Chris at a friends wedding sometime! Send me some of the professional pics! jason@heymrdj.net

Steven B. · Married on 01/12/2019

Brandon killed it

Hey Mr. DJ did such an amazing job! Brandon pretty much ran the reception and handled everything! We really didn’t give him much of a direction when it came to the type of music to play and he absolutely nailed it along with our sweet introductions. Just hire them and you won’t have a thing to worry about

Sent on 01/29/2019

Kelsey · Married on 07/15/2017

I got married on July 15 and used Hey! Mr. Dj for our dj/mc. Zach was our dj and he did a phenomenal job! He was very funny and personable during our reception and he kept the party going! We danced all night and everyone talked about how fun our wedding was. He even stayed later when I asked him to because everyone was having so much fun. He really helped us keep the night going smoothly and made sure everything stayed on schedule without it feeling like we couldn't enjoy ourselves. We didn't give him much time at all to prepare for our wedding as we had our final meetings just a few weeks before but you would have never known it. Definitely recommend this company and Zach, but I really don't think you could go wrong with any of their Dj's!!

Sent on 07/31/2017

Hey! Mr. DJ Event and Lighting Group LLC's reply:

Much appreciated Kelsey! Thanks for the great review!

Makinna · Married on 05/27/2017

I just got married 2 weeks ago! Guests were raving about the DJ/MC that night and even still today! People asked if we grew up with him--that's the kind of DJ you want! My friend booked with Brandon Lindsey for her wedding and he was SO good! I booked with Zach Albers and he was also SO good! I'm confident Hey! Mr. DJ is the best in Cincinnati! They took time getting to know myself and my husband, our wedding party, and executing the day perfectly! They are super flexible, easy-going, and very professional!

Sent on 06/11/2017

Hey! Mr. DJ Event and Lighting Group LLC's reply:

Thank you so much for taking the time to review. Brandon trained me so the fact that you liked me as well after seeing him means so much. We work hard at our craft and in making your day awesome. It's a passion! Thanks again!